US Senator calls President of Iran a Monkey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
How is it racist?

Surely it'd just be as racist as calling Mr McCain himself a monkey? All humans, regardless of skin colour and whatnot, look just as similar to apes/monkeys as each other (albeit, hairless, more sophisticated apes).

Degrading and insulting is more accurate. Makes McCain just as immature as the one he taunts. My kidswould get detention for doing this in a classroom.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
The hell are you talking about? What racist comment?

Good god you sensitive thing you..

Dinnerjacket does look like a monkey.

So what? Nothing racist about it... I didn't know that even white people could be offended by such a comparison.

Many humans, regardless of skin colour and whatnot, look like monkeys/apes - why is that so hard to believe? Does it not only further prove the evolutionary theory? Darwin himself and Galton his cousin also looked like apes/monkeys...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by solomons path

They are Persian and its disgraceful for a US senator to label a Persian a MONKEY.

America would probably invade Iran if an Iranian made this comment about the US president.

But its cool for the Iranian president to call americans the "white devil" and the "great satan", right?

So its okay by you to stoop to the level of others who act immature? If so, when has this ever helped resolve conflict? How is it not like pouring gas on a fire?

Not at all, and I think Mccain is a moron. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person saying it is so wrong to call a persian a monkey. Which is not even what was said.

The point is, if you're going to be outraged about it, I hope you are an equal opportunity outrager.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Crap like this is why there is a Recall John McCain facebook page. He is a spoiled playboy who could not get ahead in the Navy unless his father and grand father were Admirals and he spent his time before Vietnam shuttling hookers around in Navy aircraft to his parties. Getting shot down was the best thing that ever happened to him. He never would have been a Senator had that not happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
How is it racist?

Surely it'd just be as racist as calling Mr McCain himself a monkey? All humans, regardless of skin colour and whatnot, look just as similar to apes/monkeys as each other (albeit, hairless, more sophisticated apes).

Degrading and insulting is more accurate. Makes McCain just as immature as the one he taunts. My kidswould get detention for doing this in a classroom.

Yes, I understand that it's degrading. However, calling it racist is just OTT. One of the consequences of evolutionary theory is that we are descended from/share a common ancestor with apes/monkeys - so the similarity of many humans looking like apes/monkeys is quite expected and only does more to further prove the theory itself.

But certainly, it's degrading to call an advanced member of the ape family (a human being) a monkey.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

I doubt it was a jab at Ahmadinejad's intelligence, he is a very educated man

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Out of the two men I say McCain would lose the intelligence contest.

edit on 4/2/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

His intellligence isnt reflected in some of his rhetoric. He has said some pretty scray stuff himself but this doesnt excuse McCain. He should know better.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

True. After all black/white/american/persian arent races. WE are the human race. Cracks me up when I hear about hate being described as racism...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Free speech genius..and seriously to say how dare he? How many of our own politicians rip apart each other by name calling? Happens all the time, move to Iran if you don't like it..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh.. come on. I don't think he was trying to be racist at all. You are a little high strung. People say "monkey" often meaning goofy, especially older generations.

He wasn't being racist, he was just being goofy and funny.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No and no.

You are WAAYYY off on this one and are blowing a fun jab way out of proportion. There was no malice in it, he was taking a soft jab. He wasn't being a racist, and no the US wouldnt. They call Obama "Monkey" in China.

link   
I'd call him a lot worse.

When you go into politics you have to be able to take name calling, even if you're a monkey

link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I know that, he has said more than his fair share of suspect things. One may think he is a fool but I was just trying to put this person right, they probably believe the likes of FOX and think that he is some uneducated cretin that forest gumped his way to becoming president of Iran.

Out of the two men I think that McCain is the idiot. I would also like to add that I don't think it was racism, just a case of McCain forgetting to take his meds again.
edit on 4/2/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Did a Republican just openly admit we evolved?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am with the poster claiming that it's despicable, and quite so that if their child had done this in the classroom, they would be issued detention notice promptly.

It's not a joke, it isn't funny. We excuse this nonsense when it's political bantering during election season, "He said she said.. Oh NO HE Dint!!" All those people should be sterilized.

That aside, you never ever do this in the international arena, it is PATHETIC, and his state should have recalled him YEARS ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

They are Persian and its disgraceful for a US senator to label a Persian a MONKEY.

America would probably invade Iran if an Iranian made this comment about the US president.

But its cool for the Iranian president to call americans the "white devil" and the "great satan", right?

So its okay by you to stoop to the level of others who act immature? If so, when has this ever helped resolve conflict? How is it not like pouring gas on a fire?

Not at all, and I think Mccain is a moron. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person saying it is so wrong to call a persian a monkey. Which is not even what was said.

The point is, if you're going to be outraged about it, I hope you are an equal opportunity outrager.

Good point. Kind like the way the MSM bends the truth to make you tune in.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Totally agree,

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm not an American but i hate John Mccain , i hate that tool

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Free speech genius..and seriously to say how dare he? How many of our own politicians rip apart each other by name calling? Happens all the time, move to Iran if you don't like it..

So after thousands of years, maybe more, this is the level we have advanced to. If I'm locked in conflict with someone I have learned from years of experience that you dont insult your opponent unless you have no desire to resolve the dispute. Is this such a hard lesson to learn? No. Is it difficult to practice in everyday life? Yes. It takes self control. Do I practice it in every instance? At work, yes. In my personal life? More and more every day. My point is that none of us are perfect and I myself have been guilty of this behaviour. But for a representative of a state and our country, it paints the picture that Americans are immature and have no self control.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yeah, I'd say he's a monkey, too.

Doesn't seem all that bright, either.

And last I checked, monkey, when used as a racial epithet, is more directed at black people, he doesn't look black to me.
edit on 2/4/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Op is right. How Dare McCain call the President of another country a monkey. He can't talk about Iranians, he doesn't know them, live with them, deal with them on a daily basis. His statement is plain rude. McCain should confine his comments to those he does know and deal with daily. Obama resembles a monkey much more than the President of Iran. Let McCain talk about Obama.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join