It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls President of Iran a Monkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Dinnerjacket does look like a monkey.

And McCain looks like a turtle.

edit on 6/2/13 by NuclearPaul because: added video

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by newcovenant

As a person gets older...they have less of an ability to let things go.

Just because someone is a Political Leader...doesn't mean that respect should be allowed them that has not been earned.

In the case of the Iranian Leader...who really is a Puppet of the Old Religious Guard...this man has done more than enough to allow someone like McCain to call him what he will.

Split Infinity

Whether it is justifiable or appropriate is quite beside the point. McCain should respect HIMSELF enough not to go there. People already have their opinions of Ahmadinejad and John McCain changed none of those with his comment. What he did do was change some people's opinion of him. John McCain deserves my respect but he keeps doing stuff like this to lose it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Now I see this differently.

McCain knows that the Iranian Leader is a scum bag.

Pretty much the whole Western World knows this and also sees this Man as in power by the grace of even bigger scum bags that wish to stay in power as long as they can by allowing the Iranian people to vote in a rigged electon to give them a small feeling of having a choice.

Now...McCain knows this and as a person who almost died as well as going through torture as a downed pilot in enemy hands...he looks at this guy and sees a coward ho is not man enough to even stand up to the Old Guard to fight for the right to make policy since he is the supposed leader.

So McCain calls the guy a Monkey.

He could have called him a lot worse.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

McCain is a scum bag so what room does he have to talk

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Didn't mcain condemn Hugo chavez for calling bush a drunk and the devil... then he turns around and does essentially the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't think he called anyone anything. Perhaps I am wrong. What he did was say, when told that Ahmedinijad wanted to go to space, say something like, "I thought he already did", while posting a pic of the prior days event, where a monkey was sent to space by Iran.

Its not unfunny. It isn't really funny, either (too obvious, and would be equally effective regardless who the joke was on). I just don't get it. I mean, i don't like McCain in particular either. BUt why should that allow me to be dishonest just to paint a darker picture?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Monkey in any reference since slavery has been abolished has been a term to use to describe black people or minorities in the USA, to call another person a monkey whether black or not now is a racist comment especially if you are a white person doing the name calling. People have lost jobs over the same exact comment, like the sports announcer who called a player a "little monkey" running up and down the court.

Now whether he meant it as a joke or not or racist or not doesn't matter, 21 century as a public figure you just don't use the term anymore funny or not.

Its really amazing to think that he would say something like that since one runs a country the other is just everyone's bitch. heh

if I had received a comment like that from McCain I would laugh because there is no way I could be offended by a dumb ass like him,,,,,, lol palin for a running mate,, NUFF SAID.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"Pretty much the whole Western World knows this and also sees this Man as in power by the grace of even bigger scum bags that wish to stay in power as long as they can by allowing the Iranian people to vote in a rigged electon to give them a small feeling of having a choice. "

well, you just pretty much summed up the american elections as well heh.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think he called anyone anything. Perhaps I am wrong. What he did was say, when told that Ahmedinijad wanted to go to space, say something like, "I thought he already did", while posting a pic of the prior days event, where a monkey was sent to space by Iran.

I was thinking the same thing, I find the outrage over this strange.

I don't care one way or another for either one of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Howard Cosell pretty much lost his job over using that term to describe an NFL player, there was also a certain politician named George Allen that used a more specific but similiar term to describe someone from India, but hell its a different day and time but I will tell you that my grandfather that served in the navy as a cook on a ship in WWII RIP, lived through the whole segregation, Jim Crow, civil rights and racist south, was completely offended by anyone using the word monkey including me, that word was in heavy rotation in the south and probably still is and it really has no other meaning except a derogatory implied racial overtone.

You can spin it anyway you might like but the word has history and it's usage historically was not used generically to refer to anyone and was primarily used by whites as a downtalking term, it was used interchangeably with another not so nice word beginning with an N and applied in an ever so ungracious and condescending way to degrade blacks and verbally dehumanize them, what I call it nowadays is slick talk, everyone really knows what it means but they act like they don't.

John Mccain should have a little more class than that but then again maybe that is way too much to expect from him, there are better ways to deal with situations you don't like than to degrade or call someone out of their name, or throw insults, it is completely counterproductive to any sort of diplomacy or chance at it.
edit on 6-2-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He does kind of look like a monkey. Then again people said the same thing about Bush and Obama.... only pulled the race card out when Obamas name was referenced.

I think people need to stop looking for reasons to bring racial hatred into everything. it makes you look pathetic and sad that one would live so defended all the time.

hell- both of our presidents kind of look like Curious George. Michelle Obama looks like the predator.

Nothing racial about it- they actually do look like zoo animals and alien hunters/

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Although I have NO LOVE for either the Republicans or Democrats as I am an Independent...I cannot see how a man such as McCain could be called a Scumbag.

This is a guy who was offered Freedom when on the verge of Death in a North Vietnamese Prison Camp where he was tortured and starved...and REFUSED as he made a comitment with other U.S. Prisoners to only leave this Hell Hole in turn and order of who was there longest.

That is something that VERY FEW PEOPLE ON THE VERGE OF DEATH would Honor.

I have nothing but respect for the Man.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

There is a difference...we have the ability to change the system if people would just get off their ASSES and do something about it rather than just Bitch.

The Iranian People do not have this choice.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Whatever you say. Heres your trophy, just for showing up.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The whole world is on the verge of collapse and this is what people are worried about. name calling by an unimportant nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Although I have NO LOVE for either the Republicans or Democrats as I am an Independent...I cannot see how a man such as McCain could be called a Scumbag.

This is a guy who was offered Freedom when on the verge of Death in a North Vietnamese Prison Camp where he was tortured and starved...and REFUSED as he made a comitment with other U.S. Prisoners to only leave this Hell Hole in turn and order of who was there longest.

That is something that VERY FEW PEOPLE ON THE VERGE OF DEATH would Honor.

I have nothing but respect for the Man.

Split Infinity

Yes, apparently he had a chance to be released and passed.
It is ironic that in such a barbarous undertaking such as war there are polite rules to follow. I read (in what may have been libelous reporting - was not there to say) from men who served with McCain that he stayed in prison because he was safer in prison. It was a Hilton compared to the battlefield and front lines where the remainder of the men were fighting. These guys were highly critical of his actions rather than impressed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

The whole world is on the verge of collapse and this is what people are worried about. name calling by an unimportant nothing.

If someone called my President a monkey - I would take offense and Mc Cain just b!tch slapped a Nation.
I don't have to like my President to be insulted myself, even take offense, correct or not. The word has racial overtones and the implication does as well.

I think remarks like this coming from political figures are irresponsible. Those political figures are supposed to represent me and he doesn't. He might represent the far right Tea Partiers or the Mid-right MIC clones and drones, but not America. "Monkey" is always the wrong word when you're looking for jack-ass. Monkey got Howard Cosell fired as I recall.

It is not John McCains job to indirectly mock and insult the Iranian people. The is just fodder for Ahmadinejad to use to garner ill will against Americans.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

It is not John McCains job to indirectly mock and insult the Iranian people. The is just fodder for Ahmadinejad to use to garner ill will against Americans.

Well...if that is the goal, then his reasons seem obvious.

Or, perhaps he came from a day where you could say something without the PC crowd trying to get in an uproar.

Honestly, if my president were offended at being called a monkey, I would be ashamed of him for being such a pansy.

This is not the world I want, nor that I want to leave my kids. Words are just words. And, the sooner you forget them, the sooner they are irrelevant. What Mr. McCain said will not make the history books. In 2 weeks, no one will even remember it as the constant political circus concocts new ways to keep the fools engaged in their silly drama.
edit on 7-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Are you serious,lmaoooo
You probably belief Fox news or the Zionist story.
Over 200 years Iran did not attack any nation and only was attacked by the west
When you hear Ahmadinejad speak then its with respect and a lot of wisdom and truth
scumbag you say he !
This man has a good hart ,the only problem he has is that hes brainwashed also with this stupid religion crap.
Likewise this goes for all religious fanatics Christianity,Islam or whatever .
McCain is a dumb arssse warmonger that has no clue or respect for other lives but his own !
Hes a muppet !

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by newcovenant

Well...if that is the goal, then his reasons seem obvious.

Or, perhaps he came from a day where you could say something without the PC crowd trying to get in an uproar.

Honestly, if my president were offended at being called a monkey, I would be ashamed of him for being such a pansy.

This is not the world I want, nor that I want to leave my kids. Words are just words. And, the sooner you forget them, the sooner they are irrelevant. What Mr. McCain said will not make the history books. In 2 weeks, no one will even remember it as the constant political circus concocts new ways to keep the fools engaged in their silly drama.
edit on 7-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

I guess you don't get that this is all a preamble and instigating method of piling small insult upon small insult to eventually lead up to the ultimate goal of war with Iran. These are lines in a play written to get Iranians to hate us and us to hate Iranians. This will end up with Dead Americans. Words can kill. Silly dramas play out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join