It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls President of Iran a Monkey

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
McCain sucked at being a soldier (captured) and sucks at being a politician. Besides - why's he wasting so much death-related-industry-time by tweeting?

I agree that he's been a sucky politician, but that first bit was pretty damn stupid. Why don't you spend a few years in the Hanoi Hilton and then you can get back to us.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If the rest of the nation would get their heads out of the butt we would control our military might and make it something we aren't ashamed of.

You say "the government", but they are actually you (and me, and everyone else). Our voice.

Of course there are dramas that play out, and people die. And it all happens to keep you engaged and pointed in a direction that is desirable.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ahdmadenijad is a monkey.. A monkey on Israels back.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

You are a class A1 hypocrite,you denounce a person for calling another a monkey,yet you call the same man a scum bag.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

First of all...although I believe you are not doing this purposely because you probably don't even realise it's effect...using a picture of Lennon with YOKO....will not gain you any friends in the Music Business as for me to just look at this picture...makes my stomack sick!

Secondly...the people who have fought in Wars are the LAST people to advocate or rush into them...unless to do so would save more lives that would be lost not doing so.

I can tell you have never served. Or at the very least have never been in the arena.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Your talking about Ahmadinejad like is a saint, He agrees with executing homosexuals, what a sweet man.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Your talking about Ahmadinejad like is a saint, He agrees with executing homosexuals, what a sweet man.

Ahmadinejad is not even a factor in the discussion to tell the truth. McCain is in a position where he should not be making these comments. He is trying to bolster his own image among staunch right wingers. You and I might call Ahmadinejad anything we want but what McCain says translates across continents and directly attacks the Iranian people, after all if Ahmadinejad is called a "monkey" and they are all the same race or Nationality of people, it is insulting to them. We could be talking about any despised world leader...since when does name calling like a kindergartener count as useful discourse or dialogue to or for anyone? I don't call it a step in the direction of world peace and it is embarrassing for a man that argues like a 6 year old child to speak broadly on behalf of Americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Not too many people seem to care. Was he in the right? no, but is it a huge deal definitely no. Done and over yet here we are discussing how important it is(or in my case is not).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

As far as MaCain calling him a Monkey...if MaCain was President or even if he intended to again run for President...then I could see his words as something such a person should not use.

The reality is...McCain is a War Hero and a self sacrificing person of great charachter. He has ALWAYS put the countries needs above his own and when Obama won the Election and many Ultra-Right Wing Republicans as well as Palin wanted to disparage Obama...McCain said NO...and made sure that NO ONE from his party would do so or be able to do so.

He said the American People have just elected the First African American President and you will NOT disrespect the will of the American People.

Unless you have put yourself on the line and in the position of protecting the country and were willing to die to do so...You have no business calling such a person Scum or the like.

McCain made fun of a person who stands for and acts in a manner that is offensive to himself and YOU as well. If you were in a position to be ruled by this Iranian...you would mot be defending him as you are.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Ahmadinejad is not even a factor in the discussion to tell the truth. McCain is in a position where he should not be making these comments. He is trying to bolster his own image among staunch right wingers. You and I might call Ahmadinejad anything we want but what McCain says translates across continents and directly attacks the Iranian people, after all if Ahmadinejad is called a "monkey" and they are all the same race or Nationality of people, it is insulting to them. We could be talking about any despised world leader...since when does name calling like a kindergartener count as useful discourse or dialogue to or for anyone? I don't call it a step in the direction of world peace and it is embarrassing for a man that argues like a 6 year old child to speak broadly on behalf of Americans.

You make several good points, but you are aware that McCain was trying to insult Ahmadinejad's intelligence right? He wasn't calling all Iranians monkeys. Besides, Iranians are considered Caucasian, not Arabic as some people seem to think. Technically, McCain and Ahmadinejad are the same race, if not the same ethnicity. You act like this is some big thing, like McCain calling Ahmadinejad a monkey will somehow make US-Iran relations even worse. How? Do you really think that this whole incident will cause any serious problems? Ahmadinejad has called president Bush a tyrant and accused him of causing 9/11, but that hasn't caused our country to invade or bomb Iran. Seems like this whole issue is just being blown out of proportion. It was a joke, maybe one in bad or even terrible taste, but a joke nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hitler is the most hated politician in human history; even then no politicians publicly and socially name calling him.

However, this loudmouth P.O.S whom been fed by the Zionazi regime of Israel here and there should better check with a mirror time to time looking for the resemblance to a pig and then shut the hell up after.

If his masters launch a rocket with a monkey to the space, would it be the first ISRAELIS into space? Now… is that anti-Semitism..?

It was an honest and humble comment from the Iranian president showing how much he trust and proud of the nation’s scientist and technologies

Mac Cain is not even half a man as Dr. Ahmadinejad.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by lacrimaererum

It wasn't racism . . . Iranian is not a race and he didn't call the people monkeys. He, more than likely, was taking a jab at his intelligence, moreso than nationality.

Ahmadinejad is more intelligent than that old crumpet look alike. If McCain had any brains, he would know Obama is the monkey look alike.
edit on 9-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't think Americans have any right to call anyone evil after what they have allowed their government to do over the last 65 years.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

As far as MaCain calling him a Monkey...if MaCain was President or even if he intended to again run for President...then I could see his words as something such a person should not use.

The reality is...McCain is a War Hero and a self sacrificing person of great charachter. He has ALWAYS put the countries needs above his own and when Obama won the Election and many Ultra-Right Wing Republicans as well as Palin wanted to disparage Obama...McCain said NO...and made sure that NO ONE from his party would do so or be able to do so.

He said the American People have just elected the First African American President and you will NOT disrespect the will of the American People.

Unless you have put yourself on the line and in the position of protecting the country and were willing to die to do so...You have no business calling such a person Scum or the like.

McCain made fun of a person who stands for and acts in a manner that is offensive to himself and YOU as well. If you were in a position to be ruled by this Iranian...you would mot be defending him as you are.

Split Infinity

I agree with you for the most part but as far as misspoken words and flub ups he is right up there with Biden. (or at least approaching Biden) I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I believe both men are men of character and I respect John McCain for many things he has done but both stick their foot in their mouth by talking off the top of their head, saying the first thing that comes to mind, without repeating it over in their heads. Do I hold it against him? No.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

It wasn't racism . . . Iranian is not a race and he didn't call the people monkeys. He, more than likely, was taking a jab at his intelligence, moreso than nationality.

Ahmadinejad is more intelligent than that old crumpet look alike. If McCain had any brains, he would know Obama is the monkey look alike.

Well that's just uncalled for.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

You make several good points, but you are aware that McCain was trying to insult Ahmadinejad's intelligence right? He wasn't calling all Iranians monkeys. Besides, Iranians are considered Caucasian, not Arabic as some people seem to think. Technically, McCain and Ahmadinejad are the same race, if not the same ethnicity. You act like this is some big thing, like McCain calling Ahmadinejad a monkey will somehow make US-Iran relations even worse. How? Do you really think that this whole incident will cause any serious problems? Ahmadinejad has called president Bush a tyrant and accused him of causing 9/11, but that hasn't caused our country to invade or bomb Iran. Seems like this whole issue is just being blown out of proportion. It was a joke, maybe one in bad or even terrible taste, but a joke nonetheless.

Then why would it be an insult? Monkeys are smart. I'm willing to bet I can find a monkey that can out perform some American children. I am not acting like this is a big thing. I am disagreeing with you. Never said it would cause a rift in American-Iran relations but that it was possible. I could care less about Ahmadinejad or what he thinks. I LIKE the Iranian people. As far as calling Bush a tyrant, that is a real word used to describe a persons personality or demeanor. It tells us something about the person, it isn't making up an animal name for him and not to be inflammatory or provocative - AJ is not the only one who thinks 9/11 was a set up and HE was only parroting - following and repeating rumors that started here.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I believe he said this because a guy like the Iranian Leader just simply is an afront to everything McCain is about. And since he is too old to run for President and too od to care what peope think about what he feels and says about such a person...he just said it.

He also believes that people are giving this guy too much leeway.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Well that's just uncalled for.

Why?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Ahmadinejad is a University professor/teacher. He gets paid $250-$300 a week to do lectures in Iran.. He doesn't live a lavish lifestyle like other Muslim whores in bed with the west and still sleeps on a mat. What has McCain done apart from get caught? Nothing. Compared to Ahmadinejad whether he is a good or bad leader, McCain is a nobody. Even Assad has better credentials than that expired muppet.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

First of all...although I believe you are not doing this purposely because you probably don't even realise it's effect...using a picture of Lennon with YOKO....will not gain you any friends in the Music Business as for me to just look at this picture...makes my stomack sick!

Secondly...the people who have fought in Wars are the LAST people to advocate or rush into them...unless to do so would save more lives that would be lost not doing so.

I can tell you have never served. Or at the very least have never been in the arena.

Split Infinity

omg omg,
first of all i did serve ,but i rebbeled because i hate to follow orders like a stupid muppet and to kill people for other mans gains.
All wars fought are du to religions like Christianity( Insanity ) Islam or because of exploitation of some Gold ,Oil ,Diamonds Or simply over population and greed
second point is ! who said i was looking for friends?
What makes me sick is brainwashed guys like you that kill and fight for a king or government and then say its to protect our rights,dumb McCain or Palin lovers
How dumb can one be ! you are the one that is blinded by this stupid doctrine MY FRIEND !
And about John Lennon ,if the world had more of those like minded people we would not have all this troubles.
McCain

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join