It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthals were more advanced than us. THEY were one of the megalithic cultures of the remote past

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kissplash

When I say "nephilum" here, I am speaking only of the large men borne. Not the fallen angels, that had either materialized, or inhabited their (for the sake of argument) possible creations.

Here's a theory I postulate. Please read on through it. I have my own beliefs, but I feel that this would be an interesting subject to discuss related to this forum topic. Have a look.

I dunno. It's all guesswork. I could easily say that perhaps, the demons created the Neanderthals as a life-form similar to humans that didn't have the "fences" (so-to-speak). As in, they functioned like humans, but due to specific trait/genetic differences, they were easy to possess/control/influence.

Perhaps neanderthals had no spiritual defenses, even created specifically for this reason. A race of "men" imperfect compared to Creator's mankind. The demon-borne neanderthals created with the sole purpose of being controlled by spirits unquestionably, and their heirs then to inherit traits that they could use to subjugate the humans already on the earth. From this point in time then, they (the wicked "men") slept with the human women, and bore the corrupted Nephilim/Giants that then ... well, you get the idea.

Seeing as how the Demons/angels were around during the time that humans were created, they most likely knew how to exploit genes in a way to enhance strength, size, gigantism, ferocity, and other things. If something like an army of these came into your town taking your women or killing everyone they saw, it's likely many would subjugate themselves due to fear and worship them, for fear of their own lives. Perhaps even act as slaves, also.

As for why did an "advanced race" need hammers and the like.. Ten thousand years from now, archeologists will find much the same regarding us, also. Stone/steel tool, and ruins of buildings, possibly just stone foundations... anything that erosion and the weather hasn't destroyed. Everything else, like electronics, will have rusted away centuries prior.

Who knows?

As for that article however, the notes about the water vapor layer above the earth, along with the scriptural reference to God separating the atmosphere with "the water above" and "the water below," it makes a lot of sense as to how the great historical deluge came about. (Most of this information was found in the footnotes of his report.)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This article link explains why carbon dating material more than 10,000 years old, does not really work anymore.

In depth, it goes over what C12 and C14 carbon saturation means, and how it ends up showing that neanderthals were not some 100,000 years old. Rather, they were shown to exist during a time after man's creation, but prior to the great historical worldwide deluge.

I HIGHLY recommend reading this report. There are many excellent findings backed by historical records, bible scriptures, and if that doesn't interest you, then science and archeological finds, themselves.

Again, it is an amazingly well-written article.
edit on 23-1-2013 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Originally posted by Hanslune
Sorry wrong again Sitchin isn't a source or a reference he's a negative influence in any scientific discussion, he couldn't read Akkadian nor Sumerian - he just made stuff up.

The majority of science is just "made up stuff" as well.

I don't believe a word Sitchin says.

I ALSO don't believe a single word coming from the Illuminati religion that most call "Science".

It is nothing but lies, deception, and disinformation.

Mainstream Science has no more credibility than anything else you see on TV.

Same thing goes for politics, religion, and media.

They all have the SAME agenda because they are controlled by the SAME people.

"...many Neanderthal fossils have been tampered with to support the theory of evolution.

One of the many fraudulent things that people have done to the Neanderthal skulls is to reconstruct the lower jaw in a forward protruding position.

This is based on the preconceived notion, that Neanderthal was dimwitted, and ape-ish. The jaw is purposely manipulated to look this way in reconstruction’s, because that is how some ape jaws are aligned.

Of the thousands of people who have seen Neanderthal skulls in a museum, I wonder how many of them knew the jaw had been altered?

Neanderthal fraud discovered

edit on 23-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Have a look at my post just above yours. It may interest you based upon what you've shared are you personal beliefs.

edit on 23-1-2013 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yet they no longer exist.

Does not that explain all we need to know about them?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Yet they no longer exist.

Does not that explain all we need to know about them?

Absolutely NOT...

The Neanderthal "race" NEVER existed.

It is a deliberate fabrication and nothing more than disinformation and propaganda.

Science and education are nothing but MASSIVE forms of mind control...

Sadly people are gullible enough to actually BELIEVE the people hiding behind this deception called "Science", when in reality there's nothing but fraud behind it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by Hanslune

NOT the thread subject.

Then why did you bring it up? Again Sitchin made stuff up, none and I say again none of his material is valid, correct or of any scientific value.....whatsoever.

Now feel free to drop the off topic subject

Oh this is in the 'bilge sub-forum' now, good place for it - you all have a good discussion, chao
edit on 23/1/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I ALSO don't believe a single word coming from the Illuminati religion that most call "Science".

It is nothing but lies, deception, and disinformation.

Mainstream Science has no more credibility than anything else you see on TV.

Oh my, so if science is nothing but lies, deception and disinformation please explain this magical system we are using to communicate with - did it grow on a mushroom?

lol and have a good chat and troll here in nowheresville

edit on 23/1/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

ok,

so first the evidence of water erosion of the sphinx first proposed by Robert M. Schoch.

Robert M. Schoch is an associate professor of Natural Science at the College of General Studies, a two-year non-degree granting unit of Boston University. He received his Ph.D. in geology and geophysics from Yale in 1983. He is best known for his argument that the Great Sphinx of Giza is much older than conventionally thought and that possibly some kind of catastrophe was responsible for wiping out evidence of a significantly older civilization. In 1991, Schoch redated the famous monument to 7000–5000 BC, based on his argument that its erosion was due mainly to the effects of water, rather than wind and sand, and also based on findings from seismic studies around the base of the Sphinx and elsewhere on the plateau.

Schoch's other theories include the belief that possibly all pyramids — in Egypt, Mesoamerica and elsewhere — represent (in the sense that the general concept of pyramids is inherited, along with many other cultural commonalities) a much older global culture, or at least that there was cultural contact around the world in ancient times.
en.wikipedia.org...

Many people know me best for my work on the Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt. The Great Sphinx sits near the Great Pyramid on the western bank of the Nile, outside of modern Cairo. According to standard Egyptological thinking, the Great Sphinx was carved from the limestone bedrock on the orders of the Old Kingdom Pharaoh Khafre around 2500 B.C.

In 1990 I first traveled to Egypt, with the sole purpose of examining the Great Sphinx from a geological perspective. I assumed that the Egyptologists were correct in their dating, but soon I discovered that the geological evidence was not compatible with what the Egyptologists were saying. On the body of the Sphinx, and on the walls of the Sphinx Enclosure (the pit or hollow remaining after the Sphinx’s body was carved from the bedrock), I found heavy erosional features (seen in the accompanying photographs) that I concluded could only have been caused by rainfall and water runoff. The thing is, the Sphinx sits on the edge of the Sahara Desert and the region has been quite arid for the last 5000 years.

Furthermore, various structures securely dated to the Old Kingdom show only erosion that was caused by wind and sand (very distinct from the water erosion). To make a long story short, I came to the conclusion that the oldest portions of the Great Sphinx, what I refer to as the core-body, must date back to an earlier period (at least 5000 B.C., and maybe as early as 7000 or 9000 B.C.), a time when the climate was very different and included more rain.

Many people have said to me that the Great Sphinx cannot be so old, in part because the head is clearly a dynastic Egyptian head and the dynastic period did not start until about 3000 B.C. In fact, if you look at the current Great Sphinx you may notice that the head is actually too small for the body. It is clear to me that the current head is not the original head. The original head would have become severely weathered and eroded. It was later re-carved, during dynastic times, and in the re-carving it naturally became smaller. Thus, the head of the Great Sphinx is not the original head. In fact, the Sphinx may not have originally been a sphinx at all. Perhaps it was a male lion.

www.robertschoch.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

now the claim I made about South American people´s INHERITING the structures and cities WE claim they built even though THEY say the "gods" built them.

The Pyramids of the Sun and Moon (Teotihuacán)
Height: 65m/215ft (sun) 42m/138ft (moon)
The gods: Tlaloc and Chalchihuitlicue (or the Sun and the Moon)
Distinctives: The pyramid of the sun is the 3rd largest in the world
Covering: At their peak, it's believed the pyramids were plastered and painted bright red

Teotihuacán was not originally built by the Aztecs. In fact, it's height of power had been almost 1000 years earlier, and may have been built another 1000 years or more before that. The Mexicas were in awe of the ancient people and their city, although they knew very little about it. They believed this to be the birthplace of the most recent creation, where the new sun had been born.[color=yello[remember their creation mythology, the Gods sacrificed themselves to make the new sun

The pyramid to the sun was built on a lava tube cave (a shrine here may be the original reason for the settlement). Chalchihuitlicue was the goddess of lakes and streams, and Tlaloc was the god of fertility and rain. Though built as temples, a burial site has been found as a part of one.

Though not built by the Aztecs, it was considered a sacred site. The Aztecs used ideas from the architecture here, and used objects from the city in their rituals.

Other Aztec Temples

There are numerous Aztec temples, both in these cities and others. The Great Pyramid of Cholula is the largest pyramid by volume in the world, and the largest monument ever constructed. Inside 8km/5mi of tunnels have been dug to investigate its secrets. The Cholula temple has its own page.

Another temple featured on this site is the great pyramid (temple) of Teopanzolco.

The ruins at Teotenango also contain temples. Temples were built in each region of a city, and there were also mountain temples - often carved right out of the side of the mountain. It is believed that as late as the 19th century a child was sacrificed at one of these Aztec temples.

Of course, many of the so-called Aztec temples were temples that existed before the Aztec empire did. Many peoples and cities were conquered and forced to pay tribute, becoming a part of the empire. One city like this was Xochicalco - a pyramid at the top of this page is from Xochicalco.

www.aztec-history.com...

Archaeology: City Of The Gods
By Michael D. Lemonick Monday, Dec. 21, 1998

For archaeologists and tourists alike, the monumental ruins of Mesoamerica are humbling testimony to the complex civilizations that once flourished there. Even the names of these peoples evoke power and mystery: Aztecs, Maya, Zapotecs, Toltecs, Olmecs. But of all the great pre-Columbian metropolises that dot the region, arguably the most magnificent of all belonged to a people who remain nameless. The Aztecs, who took over the area some 25 miles north of modern Mexico City in the 15th century, were convinced it was built by supernatural beings. Their name for the city, which we still use: Teotihuacan,

www.time.com...

www.sjsu.edu...

There are MANY other instances of this happening. My wife being Mexican and having a keen interest in her own culture coupled with me who always having had an interest in Pre-Colombian cultures, I have actually read and talked about this allot. I have read many instances of this while skipping school and hiding in the public Library,lol. I dont have notes or anything like that but some LIGHT use of Google would reveal such as I claim.

There are many places known to be cities of the gods, gate way of the gods, or place of the gods with structures that predate the empires we credit with their construction WHICH THEY DONT even do.

edit on 23-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
At this point in time (though the site is less than 10% excavated) Gobekli-Tepe is 12,000 years old...which still makes it the oldest megalithic structures we have discovered to this point. Not to say as they unearth more the timeline will be pushed back...but there is nothing at this point reaching back 20 to 30 thousand years....that is false info.

What about the submerged cities to the northwest and southeast of India? And the one off the coast of Japan? Mainstream archaeology has just barely admitted of their existence. No studies of their age has been undertaken, but they are older than anything else we've seen yet. We're not even sure when they sank.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

as far as subduction and the under water structures....SO WHAT? are you serious?
subduction is what PRESERVED the Mediterranean and kept it from drying up.

The real impact of them having been above ground when constructed, obviously right, is the period in time when they were supposed to have been above ground....

Geologists studying how the Mediterranean Sea formed now propose that the large body of water that separates Europe from Africa must have been created when waters from the Atlantic Ocean breached the strait of Gibraltar. They hypothesize that a large basin lay just below the strait's barrier, and that it was well below the sea level. This allowed incoming water to take up “residence” in the area, some 5.6 million years ago, LiveScience reports.

At first, the sea was formed around 5.6 million years ago, due to a large-scale flood, but the waters were separated from the Atlantic Ocean by the Strait of Gibraltar, so, in the hundreds of thousands of years that followed, the water spreads dried out almost completely. But the sea was saved due to tectonic activity. The plate on which the Gibraltar Strait lay started subsiding, allowing the waters of the Atlantic to again breach the barrier and fill the basin back up again. This happened some 5.3 million years ago, the generally agreed-upon age of the modern Mediterranean Sea.
news.softpedia.com...

5.3 million years ago!...so what.....??? I am not saying that someone started building as early as that. I am saying that there existed a coastline almost ALWAYS. With settlements? Well, People settled near water and as glacial periods came and went making water levels rise and fall their Structures were consumed as glacial periods ended and the land was covered with the now melted ice /water again.

Following the end of the last ice-age the world experienced a period of flood events, which raised the coastline around the world by several metres, flooding all the existing coastal cultures of the time. This natural process has occurred again and again over history, with the sea-level mostly lower than it is today through the long periods of Ice-age.

The contours of these 'Ice-age' coast-lines are easy to determine with contour maps which show what's commonly called the 'continental shelf'. In fact, with computer simulation, it is now becoming possible to estimate the age of underwater discoveries reasonably accurately through their relative depths underwater. While it is accepted that this science is still in its infancy, the implications of certain underwater discoveries are forcing historians to reconsider the recent path of human evolution.

The coast of France - Out in the Mediterranean, in front of Marseille, the passages of an underwater cliff have revealed a series of mine shafts and smelting facilities. (1)

The coast of Georgia - There is another long and wide underwater road in the Atlantic off the coast of Georgia. (1)

Jaques Cousteau tells of having discovered a road along the sea bottom of the Mediterranean

South England - Excavations of an underwater Stone Age archaeological settlement dating back 8,000 years took place at the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton between 30 July – 3 August 2007.

(Ref: ScienceDaily, Aug. 14, 2007)

Greece - Archaeologists surveying the world’s oldest submerged town have found ceramics dating back to the Final Neolithic. Their discovery suggests that Pavlopetri, off the southern Laconia coast of Greece, was occupied some 5,000 years ago — at least 1,200 years earlier than originally thought.

The Bimini Road (right) is an underwater formation near North Bimini island in the Bahamas. Discovered in 1968, it is generally assumed to be of natural origins. Some have claimed that the formation is an ancient road, or perhaps a collapsed wall.

In May 2005, a series of unexpected discoveries was made at Bimini by Donato and the Littles. These included the discovery of numerous stone anchors at the main Bimini formation (commonly referred to as the “Bimini Road” or “Bimini Wall”). Several cut artefacts, including two-dozen pieces of grey marble, were recovered from under large blocks at the Bimini site. In addition, numerous uniform, rectangular slabs of stone with sharp, angular edges and smooth sides were photographed under massive blocks.

In several cases, stacks of these slabs were photographed under huge blocks—essentially serving as levelling stones. Numerous multiple tiers of stone were also photographed. A nearby site, called “Proctor’s Road,” yielded at least 8 stone anchors found on the bottom, mortise cuts on stones, and at least five stone circles placed at regular intervals.

Found near the south shore of Okinawa, Japan in 1995, these fantastic underwater structures were at first argued to have been fashioned by nature.

'The sunken buildings are known to cover the ocean bottom (although not continuously) from the small island of Yonaguni in the southwest to Okinawa and its neighbouring islands, Kerama and Aguni, some 311 miles. If, after all, ongoing exploration here does indeed reveal more structures linking Yonaguni with Okinawa, the individual sites may be separate components of a huge city lying at the bottom of the Pacific. The single largest structure so far discovered lies near the eastern shore of Yonaguni at 100 feet down. It is approximately 240 feet long, 90 feet across and 45 feet high'.
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

www.yonaguni.ws...

there is more. If these are ancient structures that supposedly are around while we were still figuring out how to set up a small community, WHO built them? Who ever DID probably taught us how to build and have complex society. It would explain the source of all the pop up civilizations that emerged from nothingness fully formed....we could have COPIED someone else.

It would be a little humbling...yes....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Language is a hugely important skill in communication, coordination and social interaction. Repeated studies have shown that the tongue and mouth of Neanderthal was too large and uncoordinated for speech.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

please read the thread. I addressed that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Oh my, so if science is nothing but lies, deception and disinformation please explain this magical system we are using to communicate with - did it grow on a mushroom?

lol and have a good chat and troll here in nowheresville

Most of us aren't interested in "IF science is lies..."

The cat is already out of the bag...

Things like this make that plainly obvious: Neanderthal fraud discovered

Those who want to waste their lives defending lies, knock yourself out.

Some of us here actually ARE interested in the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
Language is a hugely important skill in communication, coordination and social interaction. Repeated studies have shown that the tongue and mouth of Neanderthal was too large and uncoordinated for speech.

Repeated studies have ALSO shown that mind control is an extremely effective tool in controlling large populations of very dumbed down groups of people.

Translation: ain't buyin' it...

Google: Neanderthal is a fraud

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Neanderthals DID fish and hunt birds...Some for meat, but others just for their feathers as I mentioned before....
They developed these practices in Italy like I mentioned earlier, INDEPENDENTLY from us and BEFORE us.

THEY may have been partial to a chunky slab of meat, but very early on Neanderthals also had a taste for fine dining treats like fish and small birds. The findings show that our long-lost cousins were cognitively advanced from the get-go, long before modern humans appeared in Europe.

Discoveries of jewellery and make-up at 50,000-year-old sites show that around the time they went extinct Neanderthals had a taste for the finer things in life. Now that evidence has been pushed back to their first appearance in Europe.

Bruce Hardy of Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, and Marie-Hélène Moncel of France's Natural History Museum in Paris analysed residues on stone tools found at Payre in southern France, which was occupied by Neanderthals between 125,000 and 250,000 years ago. They found traces of fish scales, feathers, wood, hide and starch, indicating that their owners were fishing, hunting small birds, processing wood and hides, and eating vegetables (PLoS One, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0023768). That goes against the view, still held by some, that Neanderthals hunted large game but were not capable of subtler tasks like spearing fish and catching birds.

They did have projectiles

Also, while they had weapons, whether they had projectile weapons is controversial. They had spears, made of long wooden shafts with spearheads firmly attached, but some think these were thrusting spears and not projectiles. Still, a Levallois point embedded in an animal vertebra shows an angle of impact suggesting that it entered by a "parabolic trajectory" suggesting that it was the tip of a projectile.

Moreover, a number of 400,000-year-old wooden projectile spears were found at Schöningen in northern Germany. These are thought to have been made by the Neanderthals’ ancestors, Homo erectus or Homo heidelbergensis. Generally, projectile weapons are more commonly associated with H. sapiens. The lack of projectile weaponry may be an indication of different sustenance methods, rather than inferior technology or abilities. The situation is identical to that of native New Zealand Māori—modern Homo sapiens, who also rarely threw objects, but used spears and clubs instead.
en.wikipedia.org...

they were as dexterous as us in many cases.

Neandertals Had Highly Capable Hands, Study Says
Stefan Lovgren
for National Geographic News
March 26, 2003
A new study suggests Neandertals could touch the tips of their thumb and index finger, and may have been as dexterous as modern humans.

The findings are significant because they could help researchers in their quest to explain why Neandertals died out 28,000 years ago.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

the shoulder would not have stopped them from using thrown spears OR bows....look to Australian Aborigines with similar bowed shoulder blades.

Aborigines-
- prominent brow ridge
- short bowed shoulder blades
- weak chin
- large nose

Neanderthal-
- prominent brow ridge
- short bowed shoulder blades
- weak chin
- large nose.

also they may have used an atlatl. That is what I was referring to by "arrows". Not bows, no.You are correct in that, as far as we can tell. BUT they DID have projectile arrows, or spears, what ever they are actually called when thrown from an atlatl. They are being shown to have more wear and tear in one arm over the other as well as having signs of damage in their shoulder and joints that is similar to that which professional baseball pitchers suffer.

The first direct evidence of thrown spears dates back to about 19,000 years ago. That is the age of the first known atlatl, or spear thrower - a device that allows a long, flexible dart to be thrown accurately at a range of 35 meters or more. Stone points that look like they were designed to be used with thrown spears date back to about 35,000 years ago.

But other evidence seemed to support the idea that spear throwing evolved much earlier. Analysis of the arm bones of Neanderthals, who lived between 230,000 and 30,000 years ago, and early humans living at the same time show that both were much stronger in one arm than the other; the difference is as great as that seen in professional tennis players today. That suggests they threw spears, rather than using both arms to thrust them.
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Great thread! All this talk of ancient man, apes and ancient structures has me asking many questions.

1st question: Do you think it's possible that Cro-magnons & Neanderthals were Homo-Sapien's attempt at cloning? I mean if there was a high advanced human (homo-sapien) civilization might they have advanced to a point where they tried cloning or creating a superior species...or perhaps it was for a more diabolical reason like using cro-magnons and/or neanderthals for mining gold?

2nd question: Do orangutans and chimpanzees "realize and recognize" that humans look a lot like them? Head, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, etc. What's holding them back from being as smart as us...smaller brains, missing DNA?

3rd question: As an advanced civilization WE created a DOOMSDAY SEED VAULT and placed it in a frigid and desolate area to withstand some global extinction-like event. Wouldn't an advanced civilization from ancient times have prepared for catastrophe on a global scale and construct their own DOOMSDAY SEED/KNOWLEDGE VAULT? Maybe they did and we just haven't found it yet? Maybe it's buried under permafrost. They would've had to construct their vault in a place deemed survivable geologically.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't think they were more intelligent than us. They defiantly weren't materialistic little pricks like we are though.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Thank you OP for a thought-provoking topic.

The following comments got my attention:

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

it has been documented almost every where on earth of finding red haired tall skeletal remains....or stories of red haired giants...

What if they are just throwbacks or remnants of other branches of humanities genetic family tree?

And…

Originally posted by MysterX

Today, science has shown conclusively, that most humans alive right now, have between 3% and 5% NEANDERTHAL DNA...so really, neither early humans OR neanderthals survived as they were originally, instead we pulled our genetic resources so we could both survive as a hybridized species of both.

The concepts of heredity and genetics can be expanded very far and that is not my intention here. However, the incidence of, for example, red hair and light eye colours in connection with musicality or other special abilities on a certain percentage of modern humans is still not completely understood. I find it fascinating that due to –whatever_reason- we have these random occurrences of such genetic rarities.

You can read about chromosome 16 and what it “does”, in comparison to what the Neanderthals have been claimed to be:

They took a lot of beating – redheads are claimed to be less sensitive to pain
Sullivan, A. 2005. Stoic Redheads. NY Times

They endured malnutrition – Severe malnutrition might turn your hair red and chromosome 16 is linked with disorders such as Crohn’s disease.

It has been hypothesized that “lighter skin pigmentation prevents rickets in cold climate… and allows the individual to retain heat better than someone with darker skin.” (from Wikipedia )
(Bodmer WF, Cavalli-Sforza LL.Genetics, evolution and man. San Francisco:WH Freeman; 1976.)

Then there is the discrimination of redheads from societies throughout known history. You know, witch-hunt, devil associations etc., in cultures around the world. Is it because red hair is rare, or because of the 3%-5% “Neanderthal DNA” that has made them “stand out” ? Take note, I am certainly not trying to discriminate redheads. This is just a thought.

I have a few friends with some or all of the following, quite interesting features: red hair, green eyes, musicality (perfect pitch), synaesthesia, graphic skills, higher-than-average IQ, naturally robust and muscular build as well as all sorts of problems with “fitting into society” or “finding their place”. Who knows, maybe they carry a low percentage of that Neanderthal DNA due to crossbreeding at one stage in history and the modern homo sapiens with less such DNA “senses” an old rival, or even worse, enemy. Or maybe all my redhead friends from Northern Europe are the way they are just because Vikings raped and robbed Ireland several hundred years ago.

edit on 23-1-2013 by illvminati because: quotation

edit on 23-1-2013 by illvminati because: quotation

edit on 23-1-2013 by illvminati because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

We know that size and relative intelligence can be VASTLY different between primates.....we know it has been so for our supposed linear progression of evolution. What if we just widen the spectrum to include those specimens that time has destroyed or that we have yet to find.

Huh? Biological evolution is not a linear progression towards more higher, evolved forms of life. You're implying that evolution is a hierarchy from rudimentarily simply to progressively complex.

Do you have any peer-reviewed sources to corroborate these bold claims of yours?
edit on 1/21/2013 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

It may make a great deal of sense to disagree with some of the OPs theories, but the tone of commenters (so far) has been quite civil. I find your tone/attitude towards OP to be a little on the aggressive and belittling side. I get so tired of seeing that in comments, I had to say something. I had been enjoying reading up until I read your comment. You know, it doesn't matter if it is provable to be true or not. As a fan of science fiction of the 50s and 60s, I can tell you that what was fantasy at that time is reality now. So, who knows?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join