It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Captures Death of CVS Toothpaste Shoplifter

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I will not presume to know what the Manager was thinking or how he viewed the homeless man. Doing that would be just as silly as holding another person in a choke hold for over 2 minutes until they died and calling it self defense

I think the video speaks for itself and once you see the statements made by the Store Manager, you can clearly see something is wrong with this story and it does not add up. Add in to that scenario is the fact that the majority of stores have policies in place that tell employees to NOT approach a shoplifter, not to attempt to hold them, and we have some serious issues here.

I am really just floored by many of the comments here. It amazes me that anyone can justify the death of a man over a tube of toothpaste. I have to wonder if anyone who feels this way has ever been homeless? Have they ever been so broke that a tube of toothpaste would be considered a luxury item to them? I have. I have been homeless and I have eaten my dinner from a trashcan behind a fast food place. Just recently I was so broke after losing my job and searching for work, that a tube of toothpaste was a luxury for me because every dime I was able to scrape together was going to pay one bill or another. Fact is, it happens and there was no need for this man to die over it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rineocerous

He didn't have one tube of toothpaste. From the video and several other articles it would seem he had at least 3 and a box of crayons. ....................................

He's been convicted for drugs and burglary before.................................

Once again, would you please show me where you read this? I could have easily overlooked these two interesting points but I've read the article twice. It seems you are reading different articles.

Box of crayons? My first thought, if what you're saying is true, he didn't forget his child's birthday! But that's me.

Also, you do realize, hungry people steal all the time too? I guess this sense of 'entitlement' to eat is a pretty [snip] up trait to possess

I don't know man, I give poor people money all the time without judgement and I do it because I want to. And in return, at the end of the day---my life doesn't seem that bad!

edit on 19-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatelizardman

I said i would not return, but this is unacceptable. That thief was a dangerous sub-animal, known for drug use and violence, who deserved what he got for terrorizing a whole community. Anyone who defends that kind of vermin is part of the reason why crime is now completely out of control; with innocent children, senior citizens and the handicapped being it's main victims.

Where[snip]are you reading this about Anthony Kyser,? I read no such thing for you claim:
He was 'known for drug use and violence" and 'terrorizing a whole community" ????

Please provide source. Thanks!

edit on 19-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Some of the replies in this thread are amazingly ignorant:
'It's a good thing that junkie, thief was snuffed out by the upstanding murderer'

This is what is wrong with us. We are really no better than nature, yet we act as if we do no harm.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Needless to say, I'll never shop in CVS ever again and tell everyone I know why and refer them to this video.

I would rather drive 20 miles to shop somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Needless to say, I'll never shop in CVS ever again and tell everyone I know why and refer them to this video.

Really?
Please tell me what CVS had to do with this? With the information they currently have they said "we believe he acted in self defense" After the litigation, if they still say the same thing, then I can understand holding them accountable for that but to this point they are doing what any company would. Also if you really think it's possible for any company to know how their employees are going to act a head of time in every situation then you live in a bubble where people are predictable. That is as silly to me as saying "im never going to give to a homeless person again because they are all thieves. "

Their are 4 people involved that caused this to happen and allowed it to escalate to the horrible place that it did.

1. Homeless guy that caused the issue by stealing
2. Animal number 1 for choking and murdering someone
3. Animal number 2 for kicking and murdering someone
4. Every single person that did not intervene and do the right thing.
edit on 19-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Read the damn article!

CVS defended that pos Pedro Villanueva, the store manager.
If there is any justice Pedro will never have a moments peace and will be sued for everything he owns.

And I find your defense of Pedro in a round about way despicable.

Try and keep up!

edit on 19-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

There is no first strike in Karate This is the second of Gichin Funakshi's 20 principles of Karate.

If someone is defending, the form that I am familiar with you wait and use your opponents movement and energy against them. Block grab, pull and strike. I don't see anything like that going on here. The first step is always block. One may take a stance, but one would NEVER pursue an opponent. The whole idea of defense it to get out of danger, not kick someones arse.

I really like Funikosi's book. His attitude is fighting is the last resort. I only trained at one place so can not say that they all train this way, but for Funikoshi, that was the way.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Please tell me what CVS had to do with this? With the information they currently have they said "we believe he acted in self defense"

They must have not watched the video then.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Toothpaste? I saw two or more holes in my tube of toothpaste, similar to those of injections, in my flat, in mid 90s'.
After that, I had health problems. I started loosing breath.
Here, in Svetozarevo Former...
I noticed it, but, I am playing game on...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

Read the damn article!

CVS defended that pos Pedro Villanueva, the store manager.
If there is any justice Pedro will never have a moments peace and will be sued for everything he owns.

And I find your defense of Pedro in a round about way despicable.

Try and keep up!

Really? Where have I defended him? Calling him an animal, a savage or a murderer? Saying he should go to prison? Which one of those things defended him.

If you read what I posted i said with what they saw initially CVS said he acted in self defense to which I then said if they still believe that after all the facts then they should be held accountable.

Sorry if you want me to say the homeless guy is blame free in this then I am not going to. He caused this situation and the other wastes of life escalated it to this horrible point.

Keep up is funny..Still not sure how I defended him.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
WTF being in a rear naked choke for that long will kill an elephant. 3 or 4 seconds is really enough to put someone out or really close that shows a murder outright. The guy wasnt aggressive and tried to get away too i hope CVS has to pay big time. They already kill innocents with their so called vaccines and all the dope that they push KARMA is a B.

The manager choked him for 3 minutes, 50 seconds. Overkill. Guy was kicking and struggling, which is a common feature of folks trying desperately to escape a certain death. Bystanders assisted the murder, and ought to be held accountable as well.

The manager instigated the struggle by punching the homeless guy, whose back was against a wall, no escape possible. Self-defense is not an option as a legal defense if the judge or jury watch that video.

Afterwards, just before the cops arrive, the manager bends over to catch his breath from killing the guy. I guess choking a man to death takes a lot out of a store manager.

Fry the bastard.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, through the miracle of the internet, I just watched one human being strangle another to death for the first and, I hope, only time in my life. I am speechless and profoundly disturbed by having done so. And now I'm watching people angrily argue with one another about the morality of this act and where responsibility for it lies.

I don't know what to say about either. I think I need to take a break from ATS again for a while. And the internet in general.

Peace.
edit on 1/19/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well I'm sure the victims' mom appreciates your protest but you can't totally blame CVS, can ya?

It's not like they ran an ad looking for a Rambo-like manager to pounce and snuff out shop-lifters. But they are indirectly responsible seeing they obviously hired the wrong man to effectively perform his job. That's the risks retailers take I s'pose.

The Mom is suing the entity with the most promise of the biggest payout.The Manager, like most of us, probably lives paycheck to paycheck. So I don't blame her one bit.

I would like to see charges brought up on this Manager. Does manslaughter have a statute of limitations?

ETA: CVS most likely defended their Manager in a form of saving face, damage control or believing what he said (which appears to be bogus) really happened!

edit on 19-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
Toothpaste? I saw two or more holes in my tube of toothpaste, similar to those of injections, in my flat, in mid 90s'.
After that, I had health problems. I started loosing breath.
Here, in Svetozarevo Former...
I noticed it, but, I am playing game on...

Huh?

I mean no disrespect, but can you please resubmit this in a vernacular or dialect more universally understandable please?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Sorry if you want me to say the homeless guy is blame free in this then I am not going to. He caused this situation and the other wastes of life escalated it to this horrible point.

The homeless guy isn't blame free but petty theft doesn't deserve the death penalty. That apparently CVS thinks it does, in defending Pedro Villanueva; And that is why I would rather shop anywhere than CVS.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Actually, I am quite curious why CVS is supporting the manager. Couldn’t they have fired him back then and not had to deal with any of this lawsuit stuff? Either they are really supportive of their employees, (which is a good thing in most scenarios) or there is more than we are hearing to this story.

Is there anything for them to gain by supporting the manager? Other than bad press and lots of legal bills? Just curious….

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blend57

To admit fault in public, would cost them in court.

If they say it was self defense, then they force their opponent to prove in court it was not.

And thus they then are liable for the over reaction of their employee.

Follow the money.,..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
This really sad. No one should die over toothpaste and I am surprised the store and the cops think this is okay.

Just goes to show the state of the world today. Human life is meaningless to so many.

Don't steal. If it were the police that did this I might have something to say. But it wasn't. It was a store manager. If a business owner accidentally kills someone trying to protect their property, oh well. Stop stealing...

I don't have much sympathy for thieves.

Well, the whole protect your property thing is nice and all, but honestly if you think about it, a tube of toothpaste is roughly 2$ to the consumer, I'm sure CVS paid maybe around .50 - .70 cents per tube. So honestly, is anybody's life worth a tube of discount toothpaste?

If the manager had any humanity in him he could have talked to the man and offered to pay for it himself,treating people like their lives are worthless is the lowest of the low.
I hope he is charged,no one should ever be treated this way...

btw I used to do buisness at cvs not anymore
edit on 19-1-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Definitely, 100% manslaughter. When you wikipedia MAN SLAUGHTER, this video should be
Under the given definition, to visually show how to murder a defensless human being.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join