page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Superhans

Really? did you have to go to gladiator school to learn that if you choke a person long enough they will die?

That sort of choke isn't an air choke.. It's a blood choke. We used it in Army training. It takes about 2-3 seconds to knock someone out with it, and after that it doesn't take long to kill..

Meanwhile Are you really defending killers?

What do expect from someone with Ted Bundy as an avatar? And he probably has no clue concerning military training or anything in between. Taking someone's life over a fv@king tube of toothpaste is beyond appalling. When TSHTF, looking at The state of society as it stands, we're in for one hell of a ride.

thank you for your response.. I cannot believe that I have overcome my military training, to only realize civilians are more blood thirsty than anyone in the Army I ever met...

Let the guy Brush his F ing Teeth!!

No you took 72 cents out of my pocket.. I could have bought almost a candy bar with that... Now you DIE..

Gawd people are dumb.. Property isn't worth life.. Maybe someone should kill the CVS guy?? Huh? I bet he has stolen more than a dollar.. Let's beat him to death.. It's ok, he was a "bad" guy...

Losers....

**shouldn't have to say this, but the person I am responding to is NOT the person/people that this post is directed at..

I would have talked to the guy.. Confronted him.. But after I made him feel like a piece of garbage, I would have let him go... It is not up to me whether he lives or dies.. It was his will to survive that killed him... It's shameless that as a society we leave people behind., but then to target and kill them... You're an animal to me, and I will treat you as such.. The CVS guy doesn't deserve my time.

WEAK!
edit on 1/19/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A homeless man steals a tube of toothpaste and gets killed for it. This is disgusting, and the fact there are other people joining in along the video makes me feel ill.

What makes me feel more ill is the comments on that page from people saying that the homeless man was committing a crime and basically got what was coming to him, and the murderer had every right to do this and was acting in self defence.

Revolting.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Choking someone from behind is never self defence. Chasing someone instead of letting them go is never self defence. An individual is allowed to use REASONABLE force. That means it has to be justifiable and proportionate...

It is not justifiable as the man was fleeing, there was no justification for pursuing him and attacking him, the whole incident could have been avoided if they'd followed the LAW. There is no law that allows punitive action, and this is what this is.

Secondly, it was not proportionate. Apart from the fact he died (which immediately indicates that the force employed is most likely disproportionate) in order for the force used to be proportionate (I.e. sufficient to defend himself) the manager would have had to stop at the point the victim was subdued, and that is either when he was being held down by the others or when he fell unconscious (although even that's a pretty big stretch)...

The only way you could really justify killing someone in self defence is if you were positive your life was in danger (it wasn't, he was choking the guy and the guy was being restrained by others) and if there was absolutely no other way (there was, he didn't even need to chase him, we have laws and proceedures for reporting and dealing with crime)

Also, anyone kicking etc whilst he was down should be arrested for assault (at least) as their actions were neither justifiable or proportionate either...

What an utterly disgusting occurrence.....

And to those who said "serves him right" I hope the same happens to your sons or daughters, then see if you think it's fair enough. I suspect that you wouldn't be saying that if the victim was a white, middle class guy with a wife and two kids... But he's just a bum right? Barely even qualifies as a human being...
edit on 19-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: Formatting

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Can somebody please explain the type of choke he put on him? I'm having a hard time understanding how he managed to choke out his carotid artery from a side angle?

My understanding that your oxygen is cut off first, making you pass out, but it is the restriction of blood to the brain that kills you, correct, at what point in the video did he put him in the finishing move?

The name of the game in life seems to be, ''get away with what you can,'' I come from an abusive family I know this very well.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Kapablanka because: Added information

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

It isn't the restriction of blood to the brain that kills you or causes brain damage; it's lack of oxygen.

Asphyxia or asphyxiation (from Greek α- "without" and σφύξις sphyxis, "heartbeat") is a condition of severely deficient supply of oxygen to the body that arises from being unable to breathe normally. An example of asphyxia is choking. Asphyxia causes generalized hypoxia, which primarily affects the tissues and organs. There are many circumstances that can induce asphyxia, all of which are characterized by an inability of an individual to acquire sufficient oxygen through breathing for an extended period of time. These circumstances can include but are not limited to: the constriction or obstruction of airways, such as from asthma, laryngospasm, or simple blockage from the presence of foreign materials; from being in environments where oxygen is not readily accessible: such as underwater, in a low oxygen atmosphere, or in a vacuum; environments where sufficiently oxygenated air is present, but cannot be adequately breathed because of air contamination such as excessive smoke. Asphyxia can cause coma or death.

en.wikipedia.org...

And now connecting Asphyxia to

en.wikipedia.org...

Any activity that deprives the brain of oxygen has the potential to cause moderate to severe brain cell death leading to permanent loss of neurological function ranging from difficulty in concentration or loss of short term memory capacity through severe, lifelong mental disability to death.
edit on 19-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Okay, so this guy stole some toothpaste, a crime, but pretty much victimless. The manager chases him outside, tackles him, other people aid in holding him down, while he chokes him to death. Wow. I've worked retail, I've dealt with shoplifters. I've never had to fight one. In the video, the shoplifter is running away, first off, if his back is to you, and he's beating feet, you're no longer being threatened. So "self defense" is out. He wrestles the guy to the ground, and chokes him out while others kick him.

Seems to me, this is homicide, clear and simple, no accident, to choke somebody to death means that they went unconscious, and you continue to choke him until he dies. The CVS guy knew what he was doing. The people kicking the shoplifter after he'd been overpowered knew what they were doing. Case closed.

Believe me, I have no sympathy for thieves. That being said, I have even less sympathy for somebody who kills a person who was fleeing, and then claims self defense.

Why couldn't they have restrained him until the police arrived? Seems like a logical course of action to me. Choking him to death is not justifiable in this situation, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'd like to amend my previous comment (can't edit because the max time elapsed).

I absolutely do NOT hope that the same thing happens to anyone's son or daughter... That was a terrible thing to say and I sincerely apologise. I was upset to read that something like this had happened and responded inappropriately to those people saying that it served him right. I should have asked them to think about how they would feel if it was their son or daughter instead of saying what I did. I'm sure nobody really cares what I said and barely anyone will have read it but the fact remains that I shouldn't have said it and I feel that it's only right to apologise...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

His hands could have just as well been wrapped around both his arms and his waist, preventing him from either A) fighting back, or B) worming out of it...Why his neck?

This was plain and simple murder....Over what? A tube of toothpaste......What. The. Hell....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Exactly, that was my point.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sickening.

That video is of a man who likes the idea of killing someone with their bare hands and watching their life ebb away. If he hasn't already killed others he likely would have in the future. Lets hope that this man's death has saved the life of others and that sense prevails due to the evidence contained in this video.

I was also disgusted by the fact that it took until the 6th person arriving on scene before someone ran off to raise the alarm/call the cops. Those other four people need to be charged and put away too.

Edit: I now realise there are more than four, I orignally stopped watching before the end, but I had to see it through to the end to remind me how bad humanity can be.
edit on 19-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
That manager should be in jail for murder!

I worked for CVS and their policy was if you saw someone shop lift you LET THEM LEAVE then call the cops. They have the videos in the store. This is horrible. That manager was on a huge power trip and took it out on someone who just wanted some damn toothpaste!

When I worked for CVS there was a lady who stole diapers. I went outside to her car and told her to come back in and we'd give her what she needed and not call the cops. My manager and I felt bad that her only option was to steal diapers for her baby who was actually in the car. We would have gladly paid for the diapers or whatever else she needed. She sped out of the driveway and we just let her go. It was our choice to call or not. It was obvious she was desperate. We put the money in the register for what she stole, so technically it was paid for.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Lets not forget the dark underbelly of humanity. This video, with all the people who join in, reminds me of a video we watched in Sociology in High School where a couple of people parked a car in a parking lot, and proceeded to beat it all to hell. While they were doing it, several onlookers joined in the fun of beating the car up, no questions asked. They didn't know if it was somebody taking out a grudge, or whatever, they just figured that it was okay and started smashing the car up.

Such is the mob mentality. How many of those people who joined in beating this guy did so because other people were doing it? And who does that? If I saw somebody getting beaten, especially if he was way outnumbered like that, I'd try and help the guy out, at least pull the asshole who was choking him to death off of him. What is wrong with people?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Thanks OP for bringing this story into the light, hopefully this will get the attention it deserves. Sigh! One measly dollar for toothpaste and this was worth killing for? What self defence? I'm sure the guys boss must be proud of him. Wonder if he picked up the toothpaste and returned it to the shop?

Tragic!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
wow, people are disgusting.
why would you do this to anyone? it is toothpaste, for christ sake.
even if the man fought back,he shouldnt be strangled to death. which he should since your not allowed to touch him, your only allowed to call authorites. it would be alot better if he was proven to be a veteran who fought for this country and they charged this scummy shop owner with murder.
i find it very disturbing no charges were filed. just because the man is homeless doesnt mean he is not a person like the rest of us. this is despicable
and i am sure that the shop owner has done worse than stealing 75 cent toothpaste in his life. its absurd the amount of supplies we send overseas for non american citizens, yet we dont take any care of our own..what is this world coming to?
edit on 19-1-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssophia
A homeless man steals a tube of toothpaste and gets killed for it. This is disgusting, and the fact there are other people joining in along the video makes me feel ill.

What makes me feel more ill is the comments on that page from people saying that the homeless man was committing a crime and basically got what was coming to him, and the murderer had every right to do this and was acting in self defence.

Revolting.

Unless I am wrong, 1 person said he got what he deserved.
I am not saying you were but don't lump me in with that crowd as all of my posts have been the same.

The homeless man caused this situation by making a choice to steal.
The animals that killed him should go to prison for the rest of their lives because nothing they did was "self defense"

No winners in this..everyone loses all because of 1 poor choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Does anyone know the name of the pos scumbag who killed this guy? Anon should find his name, adress and phone number.

Yes, it's in the article.
Go back and read it in the first post.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Issue #2: Unlike some, I not only watched the video, but I also read the article. According to the Store Manager, he was defending himself from an attack and this homeless man had punched him. Can anyone show me in the video where this punch took place? I didn't see it. What I see if the homeless man attempt to walk away and get pushed by the Store Manager and then they begin to grapple. It was the Store Manager who turned this confrontation into something physical, not the homeless man.

I read the article too and it seems the Manager said what he did before he realized there was footage!

So I can't help but consider, this Manage had a problem with this homeless guy right from jump-street. Because I have to wonder, if a well dressed elderly man shop-lifted the same identical product, would the Managers' method of apprehension still apply?

My gut feeling tells me, this Manager reacted like many members on this thread are responding. They have taken a quantum leap and made a quasi-conclusion that this homeless gent was not only a crackhead but....had a sense of entitlement therefore, out of ALL the products in the store (some worth hundreds of dollar not to mention the cash register itself) he swiped a tube of toothpaste so he could sell it for more crack.

That is what I believe raced through the managers mind. It's not the act of stealing. It was the individual who stole it.

This Manager needs time in prison to THINK about what it is he did. Because three years later...he hasn't been arrested let alone convicted.

And I hope the victims mother walks away with millions and writes a book too!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius
Shut the # up, no CVS, supermarket, or any other shop's item is worth a man's life, period. What are you trying to justify??? NOTHING like this is worth a man's life.

I said i would not return, but this is unacceptable. That thief was a dangerous sub-animal, known for drug use and violence, who deserved what he got for terrorizing a whole community. Anyone who defends that kind of vermin is part of the reason why crime is now completely out of control; with innocent children, senior citizens and the handicapped being it's main victims.

Stop lashing out at those who don't agree with you like a spoiled brat.
edit on 19-1-2013 by ultimatelizardman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Any one who thinks it is ok too do this to a person or not should be
charged with the full arm of the law this guy choked him out till he was
dead simple..

While other's kicked him in the head..If he had a gun then why wasn't
others taking it from him or a weapon clearly no one tries to check
him for a weapon..

Far too much force used..And no doubt the police officer will get off
the whole thing stinks along with the cops..

Its one law for them and another for us.Should have just called the
cops and not intervened.
-

I do see a compensation claim at the tax payers expense tbh..

edit on 19-1-2013 by n00b2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ultimatelizardman

your mindset was the founding mentality of the lynch mob.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join