It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay, my first thread. Ok, here's my conspiracy.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance.
Seek the Truth.
Stand and Speak for Justice.

The "Conspiracy" is that there are many "secret combinations and societies" and they seek to undermine the truth; abuse state authority; confuse, confound and mislead the people to their own ends and agenda. The "ends justify the means" and infiltrating conspiracy sites and discussion blogs to undermine dissent (taking names and isp addresses) and providing "controlled opposition" to dispel disinformation and mis-lead the masses by subterfuge.
If Google and Facebook were started with the help of the CIA....then maybe cATS and PIGS can fly. Hmmmm.

edit on 11-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, but that would require compromise instead of total dominance. How can you get people to see the wisdom of compromise when they're playing a game of winner-take-all?

When you learn how to fix someone's one-track mind. You let me know, okay? And I'll help implement it.
edit on 11-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

I know....I was being sarcastic. Won't hold it against you though...lol...it's quite east to take things that cannot possibly make sense as literal in this thread.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Jykan because: grammar

Well, here's the thing. What you said (sarcastically) CAN be done. It COULD be done. It's not outside the realm of possibility. So why isn't it being done?

Seems so simple, yet so hard. And that's what makes it so sad.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Who's a flying cat? Flying pigs instantly started a song in my head..

" I've seen pigs fly up in the sky..
coppers in choppers, black helicopters..
I've seen things I havn't seen
secret police behind the scene..
It's coming soon, there's no debate
America. The police state"

Some random anti NWO song.. Can't remember..
edit on 1/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well, here's the thing. What you said (sarcastically) CAN be done. It COULD be done. It's not outside the realm of possibility. So why isn't it being done?

Seems so simple, yet so hard. And that's what makes it so sad.

I would like to think that it could be done. The problem as I see it is to get to the top of any of these religions you have to believe (or say you do) more than the next guy. By their very nature the heads or religious organisations have to be verging on fundamentalists.

You said yourself it's about dominance...and you're right...with organised religion it definitely is. They run consecutive to most states and in many cases are the state...religions are also political and their leaders politicians by another name.

They do what's best for them and theirs...and themselves...with the kicker that the rest can goto hell...literally.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Spitting image lol they should bring it back

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

religions are also political

Ah, yes! That's it right there. Thanks for reminding me. It's so easy to overlook this fact when I get glossy-eyed thinking of tolerance and peace.

You are right. Religion is just as much a political maneuver as it is a spiritual endeavor. And those who try to remove the political connotations get ostracized and blanketed under terms like: new-ager, heretic, false prophet, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jykan

The internet is making great strides at helping this out though.. It doesn't have to come from the top, but from the side.. This would weaken the top which is a GOOD thing in any case because they are symbols before God, kind of like a church and a robe and a book...

For instance, until I came onto ATS I didn't really meat many christians or have anyone talk about that around me at all for my whole life.. I thought they were stupid and controlling.. I still believe one of those is true, but I've since dropped the first.

My response to countries like Iran, Iraq, Israel, India, Pakistan, and China have all changed a lot in different ways for each one..

And I came into the internet (before ATS) with a STRONG atheist view.. That was my God.. And after watching that youtube video I have to say my God was better than all their Gods.. Until that faithful day.. No pun intended..

Basically I am seeing lots of people going "Oh wait we're all humans.. Like woah guys hold on.. IT's like we are brothers.. I get it We've been effing up guys! Dudes! we have to HELP each other!!!! OMG." lol

Is the speed of that going to beat the speed of global catastrophe or world war 3?? That's the question.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Look I am not a professional artist but I can paint better than the typical "paint by numbers"; ie. "connect the dots". And by connecting the dots (illegitimate president, banking cabal, UN and State Dept disarmament agenda, 911 "terrorist attack/ff hybrid" and the resultant legislation [Patriot Acts, NDAA, etc], DHS saying that "returning veterans and patriots are the threat", CIA controlling Al-Quaeda, the roll out of the TSA and plans for nationwide VIPRE units, the DHS ordering 1.6 Billion Rds of ammo for Domestic use along w/ bullet proof checkpoint "pill boxes", the economy heading for a depression, the federal debt approaching the point of no return, etc) I see a pretty clear picture...but it isn't pretty. Your conspiracy, "The Conspiracy" is in the interconnected dots..............

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You are right. Religion is just as much a political maneuver as it is a spiritual endeavor. And those who try to remove the political connotations get ostracized and blanketed under terms like: new-ager, heretic, false prophet, etc etc.

Personal spirituality and belief is fine...when other people involve themselves to channel your beliefs to their 'higher paths'...that's what I take issue with.

Anyone is free to put forth the rhyme and reason for their belief structure, but others need to be allowed to come to it of their own free will.

I would love to be able to bring myself to believe in a god...but, most people who try push me further away.

This thread being a good case in point.

Oh, and I wasn't being sarcastic to you earlier...more just the tone of the thread proving my point. I don't think you did take it personally but I'm taking things literally now too...lol.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Jykan because: edit to add disclaimer against sarcasm offence

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jykan

Yeah, I agree again. Anybody who seriously knew what they were doing with spirituality would keep it a well-guarded secret instead of trying to convert everybody and their brother.

I see it this way: the ones who try to convert are just building as large a congregation as they can before passing the collection plate around.

Same with the political. It's all about building a constituency.

Those who truly follow godly ways are very modest about it, I believe.

But I'm just too nice to call "brain-washing pyramid scheme" on all religions and followers.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Jykan

The internet is making great strides at helping this out though.. It doesn't have to come from the top, but from the side.. This would weaken the top which is a GOOD thing in any case because they are symbols before God, kind of like a church and a robe and a book...

For instance, until I came onto ATS I didn't really meat many christians or have anyone talk about that around me at all for my whole life.. I thought they were stupid and controlling.. I still believe one of those is true, but I've since dropped the first.

My response to countries like Iran, Iraq, Israel, India, Pakistan, and China have all changed a lot in different ways for each one..

And I came into the internet (before ATS) with a STRONG atheist view.. That was my God.. And after watching that youtube video I have to say my God was better than all their Gods.. Until that faithful day.. No pun intended..

Basically I am seeing lots of people going "Oh wait we're all humans.. Like woah guys hold on.. IT's like we are brothers.. I get it We've been effing up guys! Dudes! we have to HELP each other!!!! OMG." lol

Is the speed of that going to beat the speed of global catastrophe or world war 3?? That's the question.

Agreed...and I hope our enlightenment, in whatever form it takes climaxes soon.

Do you mind if I asked what it was that gave you faith?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
wow, addled bibble thinking and spaghettios is what i have been recieving about you today.

thats super awesome, trolltastic!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I'm just going to pretend like you asked that to me. Faith cannot be acquired, it can't be earned, it can't be found, it can't even be forced onto someone (though, it's been tried to death..literally.)

Faith in...something..anything...happens when you least expect it and in the most unexpected ways. At least, that's how it was for me.

I won't get too intimate here on the thread, but I would like to tell you that the first step toward God is honesty and desire. Just have an honest desire to do right. It is a journey and I don't think anybody knows where it ends exactly.

But in my experience, that is always the first step. And the more steps you take, the more likely you'll be to stumble into something that will turn your view of the world upside down.

I know I speak in trite, vague platitudes. But that is how it works. Just start by being honest and doing right. Heck, we almost don't even need a church or bible for that

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Agreed...and I hope our enlightenment, in whatever form it takes climaxes soon.

Meditation.
My God isn't one who has judgments. It's all on you. haha.. "Judgements" to me as in the bible I find to be reactions of physics personified. To get more Love one has to be Loving, this will cause a "judgment" of moving "upward" (our language is all 3d, but I don't mean a literal direction just high/holy)
Oddly enough Jesus did appear to me later, and taught me many things about judging others.. He hacked me, but I guess I gave him the keys earlier.. heh
I'm kind of buddhist so you don't get the wrong idea..

Hate talking about this because it makes me seem so Christian. God is just the best word to use and when I melded into it's golden liquid light consciousness I KNEW.. God wasn't just a concept..
It's just my own thing though, I've posted about it much more in depth, but I have to stop bringing it back up hahaha...

It made me feel special at the time, and that feeling comes back up when I talk about this and it's a little uncomfortable to my humbler aging self..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Dustytoad, we have so much in common and yet we never bump into each other on the forums--and when we do, we tend to ignore each others' posts.

Oh well...next time
Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I like to think I'm a good guy. I do right cause I want to...not cause I'm compelled to...though I realise that is not what you were saying anyhow.

As stated earlier, I would like to find religion...I'm just not convinced I'm wired right for it...and I don't mean any offence by that, I guess I'm saying that people who don't believe cannot possibly comprehend ever believing...and there lies the problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I rarely add to posts I agree with haha

Love the name by the way.. Sneaky.

Was typing out a response to Jykan,
but then stopped and erased it, and lo and behold a slightly better formatted version of what I was thinking of saying but was losing the words and angles to say it right... appears...
Down there
V

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I like to think I'm a good guy. I do right cause I want to...not cause I'm compelled to...though I realise that is not what you were saying anyhow.

As stated earlier, I would like to find religion...I'm just not convinced I'm wired right for it...and I don't mean any offence by that, I guess I'm saying that people who don't believe cannot possibly comprehend ever believing...and there lies the problem.

Don't doubt yourself. It is other peoples' doubts that make you feel this way, I think. Everybody is wired for it. You might just not be wired for THEIR brand of religion.

I know I wasn't. I was a seeker. And I eventually found a path that worked for me and made sense to me. Make your home your church, make your wisdom your scripture, and make your good actions your offering to God.

It's as simple as that. Honest desire will take you where you want to go, but self-doubt, will not.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying. But it seems to me that in what you describe anyone could claim to be religious to 'their' god just by being true to themselves.

I know I probably need a shift in conciousness on this but I do find it hard to correlate organised religion with spirituality. I think I used to be a spiritual person, now I'm not so sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join