It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay, my first thread. Ok, here's my conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My conspiracy is that you are all in on one big conspiracy.

Including ATS.

I think you all harbor denial, and I think these denials are all interconnected and similar/ the same, therefore you all belong to one big conspiracy.

What is it? I don't know exactly.

But that's why I'm on ATS, that's what I look out for every day. as everyone has one thing they are really here for, and really look out for.

Who knows, maybe I'm even in on it, too.

I do very much believe it most directly relates to the Bible, and the reality of the Bible, and that the Bible is very real; the Gospel.

You will find many of my posts state my beliefs about the Bible and the Gospel without hesitation or concern whether you believe it or not, and you will find I insist on it.

I think you will also find this is an unusual trait for an ATS member, I can't think of anyone else on here who insists Christianity on others in such a way. I think everyone tries to typically conform to the "respect eachothers beliefs"
and if they believe that then so be it.

Well, I do respect them, in a sense, but I moreso believe in very blatant and bold attempts at conversion.
(there was another B word I had there which worked better, but I forgot it as I was typing. beligerant, maybe? I can't remember.) Because I do believe that is the absolute Truth, Jesus and the Bible, and that if it is indeed (which it is) the absolute Truth, then it should be insisted, not held back as though it's one of many possible truths that all people have some (made up) right to possess.

Thank you.

-Toby Galahan.

edit on 11-1-2013 by tgalahan2 because: Accidentally hit submit without writing anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgalahan2

Sources?

Edit after the OP's edit: This would have made a really great intro thread. I'm going to go check your intro thread now

Edit: This IS your intro thread. Good job. Welcome aboard. It sounds to me like you're generalizing the human condition though...something like that.
edit on 11-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ah, this must be above Above Top Secret...only those who already know can see.

link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I assume you are saying that in response to my accidental blank post...

Sorry.

link   
reply to post by Jykan

Once again, sorry for the blank post. I've now updated it with my real post.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If the bible is a literal description of events, your god doesn't sound like a god I'd want to worship.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So...to summarise...you're saying you don't care about others beliefs...you're here to convert them to yours?

Unless I misread your post.

You will fit right in here!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Absolute truth? Christianity? sorry pal you have mixed up absolute truth with faith.
You can't absolutely prove anything in the bible apart from it is a book written by men.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

So what is the conspiracy? I missed that part.. Is the conspiracy that everyone has different thoughts about everything? And that they conspired to do this on purpose?

Or are you more framing this as good and evil?

That's quite an old "conspiracy" ... Got anything new to add to that, or did you just want to define "the biggest conspiracy"

?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Which event perturbs you? I assure you, there is great and absolute reason for all of God's actions.

God is angry, yes... people are also very bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I suppose you could say it as defining the biggest conspiracy.

Except no, it's not that everyone so much has different thoughts. It's that everyone has interconnected thoughts and while this conspiracy involves everyone's "different" thoughts, the conspiracy is that they are very much indeed very much the same and related to eachother. Creating one big conspiracy with many different aspects to it, that really connect to the same thing and have the same source, or couple of sources (good and evil).

Imagine a big flower, and everyone is a pedal, everyone pointing in a different direction, but still a pedal, and still connected to the middle part thingy dealy. (any botanists? what is that thing called?)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You've kind of, I think, contradicted yourself.

Since God is about faith, he isn't about proof.

You may not realize that "proof" does not exist for a being such as God, except for in his relation to our understanding.

God needs no proof for anything, because he understands and knows everything. Therefore, proof is a man made concept which God truly does not originate.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jykan

If it were, and it is, the one true Way, which is Jesus Christ, then yes...

I mean, I want you to go to the real Heaven.

I mean, if there was a real religion (which there is) and a real heaven which was better than any other place you could go, and it was really awesome.

and they knew about it, and how to get there.

What would you expect one to do?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You will find many of my posts state my beliefs about the Bible and the Gospel without hesitation or concern whether you believe it or not, and you will find I insist on it.

I think you will also find this is an unusual trait for an ATS member, I can't think of anyone else on here who insists Christianity on others in such a way.

Is plenty of persons like that on ATS.

I suppose some of them get a little to excited and become exATS members, but they're always around! I suppose if you do believe it all, and that your friends are going to end up being set fire to or in hell or without God (or whatever varient you believe) then converting people is only polite. A bit like leaning over and saying ... pssst ... you're going to hell/oblivion/non-existence/disney land - I'd rather you didn't.

I'm an Atheist. I'm mostly nice. I enjoy hair dye and long walks on the beach in between avoiding the sun. Hiya.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'm no botanist but I'am pretty sure it is a petal.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Jykan

If it were, and it is, the one true Way, which is Jesus Christ, then yes...

I mean, I want you to go to the real Heaven.

I mean, if there was a real religion (which there is) and a real heaven which was better than any other place you could go, and it was really awesome.

and they knew about it, and how to get there.

What would you expect one to do?

But do you really think that you can convert someone without first trying to understand their beliefs?

I'm not so sure. I think the power of religion comes from faith, not certainty. To tell people you know it is true is to almost proclaim yourself a prophet.

Are you doing that? Or do you mean you believe it to be true?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Jykan because: grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ha! Sooooooo......

Welcome to ATS....

Let me see if I understand you...

We are all a conspiracy and you may even be "in on it too".

You don't care about respecting others beliefs and you want conversion as you speak blunt and to the point, so... you must know it all.... then... huh?

Nice intro by the way. I am sure you will have a lot of fun on ATS and when or if you get your feelings hurt or learn maybe that your views are not backed up with proof, don't take it personal.

If you can convert a lot of people on ATS to Christianity then.... you should definitely write a book about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

That may be true on both counts. Does that mean he or she or it should be allowed to punish us?

I don't think so. Just because you have power doesn't mean you should use it. Anger is not an excuse for global devastation.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

If you can convert a lot of people on ATS to Christianity then.... you should definitely write a book about it.

Or run for leader of the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

But you are saying your idea is absolute truth, all I am saying is it isn't absolutely true at all, it is your opinion and many in the world would reject your absolute truth and say it is hogwash or claim some other absolute truth.
Just because you believe it doesn't mean it is true at all.
Anyhow I can see where this is going so good day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join