It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay, my first thread. Ok, here's my conspiracy.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think that modern religion is the conspiracy. What I have discovered is that current religions are a culmination of past religions. Cultures assimilate what they want of the religion and discard the rest. I also think its stupid for people to be arguing and having wars over which religion is the correct one. In my opinion, as long as you live right and don't do anything to harm anyone else then that is all thats needed. Most people blindly following what they feel is the only religion seem to be the most violent. How may wars were fought over religion? What has it solved? Nothing.

The bible is not gods word. It was written by men thousands of years later. It is just stories passed down or made up that perhaps have some facts thrown in. The bible is full of stories that were copied from other historical texts which were written many years before the bible.

I believe heaven and hell are also made up concepts to scare people into living the "good" life. I feel anyone with any sense of morality would already know the right way to live without being forced into it to escape a life of eternal damnation.

These are just my opinions but are also things that I have given a lot of thought to in the past few years. I have become much more open minded about everything. It has changed the way I live and see life. I feel more of a sense of freedom than I ever did following any particular religion. So I don't think anyone should be telling anybody else how to live. Everyone should find their own path. I am not saying everyone should believe as I do.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

[color=gold]

1 MUST admit, that thru these times
Many GREAT scriptures, have crossed bad minds

Minds who seen potential, in the TEACHINGS
but chose to instead, manipulate the readings

due to this, it takes a collective APPROACH
to find objective TRUTH, or how it REALLY goes

1 fully understand, and RESPECTS your mind
For standing up for the SON, in these challenging times

when so much deceit, has overcome
so many fakes presented, BUT WHOS THE 1

In which you speak within, your Original Post
Related to the Father - Son, and the holy Ghost

is your INTENT to wash the brains-
or with brains PLAY games

for too many millennia that-
Program has ran/reign?

So 1 just ask, to better know
what are your ambition,s for what you seek to SHOW-------++------- -------+) (+-------

Thanks OP
for taking the time to read I felt some deep questioning energy within you OP as well as aggression of how you wish to represent the SON... 1 feels though however your approach is somewhat demonstrating old world ways of FORCE feeding SUBJECTIVE TRUTH as OBJECTIVE TRUTH to the masses like if you don't follow me then may you suffer outside of my Artificial Light. This is a dangerous approach to support the positive AGENDA you claim to represent in relation to FATHER and his Son. And only forces away those who may REALLY need LIGHT support. With that 1 is not challenging your OP 1 just felt your approach and stance is a bit off..
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 1/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by NorEaster

To me, that says it all. You are one of the most credible members on ATS to me, as well as an outstanding representative of your faith. And you nailed the OP right on the head.

Real Christians are good people. Respectful people. This kid isn't Christian.

Can you imagine not knowing how dumb that post sounded and hitting reply with it?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Your ideas might be an absolute truth but only to yourself, we can´t take that away. Anyway as we are inviduals with our own choices and will, unless your goal is to brainwash us which will not happen, your conversion here will not work out either.

When one institutions power reach in every section of life and people history has allready faced that and that was Nazism. Fact is who has power will eventually use it against people no matter if its political or religious group.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgalahan2

Lastly, you are a Woman, and I am a Man of Faith in Jesus Christ. Do you believe the Bible?

Then you best look into Timothy some more, do be silent and submissive while I teach. You are a woman, and I'm a man.

As, like the Bible says, women can heavily mislead when speaking/attempting preach, and... you are.

I insist you don't write another post.

And who carries the matrilineal bloodline data, smh

edit on 1/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My conspiracy is that you are all in on one big conspiracy.

Including ATS.

I think you all harbor denial, and I think these denials are all interconnected and similar/ the same, therefore you all belong to one big conspiracy.

What is it? I don't know exactly.

-Toby Galahan.

Hello Toby, thanks for your first post!! As others have said, you'll fit in at ATS quite well. [i]conspiracy? What is it? I don't know exactly., umm, that is where you lost me. As R.E.M. sang "what is the frequency, Kenneth?"

I do not mind you having your beliefs, but when you talk about not respecting others beliefs, or your way is the only right way, then you can count me out.

Consider one thing!! If there is an Almighty Loving God, don't you think one purpose would be for everyone to just love one another, and to stop fighting and killing each other in the name of God?

Peace! ID

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Can you imagine not knowing how dumb that post sounded and hitting reply with it?

Well I DID imagine it and re-read it a few times before proceeding.. Didn't figure it out though.. I mean, where must one be from?

I can imagine thinking that, but then wondering whether to post or not, and then upon the first few responses I would feel Very embarrassed.

He just kept on rolling along. Oblivious...
"Don't you know what Women Are?" ~OP
hehe yes I do I'm in a 3 year relationship with my future wife..

"It's not slavery I'm just telling her what to do cause I'm the man and shes the woman. They accept whatever I say since they are the cup and I... I am the Spear!! "

Wow..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

a week from tomorrow my wife and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary. I could not imagine treating a women in a subservient way, and I could not imagine she would tolerate it.

Even more, I could not imagine that i would find a women who was subservient attractive. I expect a strong willed philly that, like myself, can sometimes be a little uncontrollable.
But that never shrinks from a challenge, or allows poisoned logic to be thrust upon her.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hope that was clear to all that just because I could imagine it, doesn't mean I would ever think anything like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
BTW on the subject of religion, feel free to watch this......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So you believe in a bearded man with glimmering white everything, sitting on a throne beyond the clouds judging your every movement? And you believe his son is going to return from those clouds one day and save us all??

Sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

edit on 11/1/2013 by clairvoyantrose because: double post

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Jykan

If it were, and it is, the one true Way, which is Jesus Christ, then yes...

I mean, I want you to go to the real Heaven.

I mean, if there was a real religion (which there is) and a real heaven which was better than any other place you could go, and it was really awesome.

and they knew about it, and how to get there.

What would you expect one to do?

There is no such thing as a "real" religion in the eyes of God. Religion is a creation of man and is used as a mechanism of control. Christianity is a faith based philosophy, and is meant to be a way of life for the individual in order to seek truth and knowledge in order to form an individual, loving relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is also not supposed to be forceful. Forced conversion is an Islamic belief, not a Christian one. The difference is that there is no such thing as free will in Islam, whereas there is in Christianity.
edit on 11-1-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i believe in many various gods, nordic, oriental, greek, hypoborean, lovecraftian, i believe that sanity is subjective, spiritualism is first experienced with psilocibin, and cannabis, and that the only way to live is as wild as the wind. what others believe in i accept as a very good story at the very least and as i firmly believe in my stories i'm sure with all whatever i do people have their way of looking at things which is sacred to them. they are not wrong i'm not wrong, i just see things how i will to see them and act however i will. do what ever you will, that's what i'm gonna do

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There are many on here who preach the Word of God; don't worry you aren't alone!

My question to you my friend:

Why does Christianity, a religion that supports love, cause so much war?

I am a person of faith, spiritual at that! I believe in a higher existence, a single entity that lives within us all. In my opinion all religions are right. There is One being who above all remains omniscient of every action everyone on the world commits. He watches though our eyes, that single witness.

Writing books about it just holds truth back and sets up walls metaphorically speaking.

edit on 11-1-2013 by isado because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Welcome and have a good time here on ATS. Make sure you have thick skin because people are gonna try to wear it down. I might be one of them.
Nothing personal.

The conspiracy of conspiracies..nice. I like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by isado

wouldn't the thought of more than one universe suggest more than several gods though?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

But who do those gods pray to?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

A very bold thread

Respect mate and I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to hearing your conspiracies and how they and everything else is linked to god and his supposed only son.

If you try to convert me just remember I'm bringing the devil with me
we are good mates

He also mentioned that hell doesn't exist....he needs to make one here on Earth just to equal things out

Ying Yang and all that jazz

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

crom. also no conversion for me, just enjoy yourself
edit on 11-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join