It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay, my first thread. Ok, here's my conspiracy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan
I understand what you're saying. But it seems to me that in what you describe anyone could claim to be religious to 'their' god just by being true to themselves.

I know I probably need a shift in conciousness on this but I do find it hard to correlate organised religion with spirituality. I think I used to be a spiritual person, now I'm not so sure.

Oh, trust me. I'm anything BUT organized.

If you're looking for a sense of community, join an organized church.

If you're looking for a sense of inner-harmony, you might have to take that journey alone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying religions are evil and should be avoided. I'm just trying to open you up to different routes to take. There is no one valid path. All roads lead to Rome. The trick is to find the one that works for you.

The whole community church thing never appealed to me. It's what drove me away from religion/spirituality. Luckily, I found another path.

And sometimes it's not even about God. Buddhists (contrary to what my username might lead one to believe, I actually am NOT a Buddhist) don't exactly believe in a God...they believe more of a "power" to use the anthropological term. Some believe in a "force," and some believe in deities.

If you're asking me how being good and honest turns into a belief in God, then I'm not sure how to answer that. My transformation took a very long time and it was difficult to see it as it was happening. Now I can look back on 10 years and see how each gradual incident or coincidence added up to the big picture. And when I do look back, I see that it all started with that honest desire I keep talking about.

Things have a way of falling into place if you let them. And I think that realization of "things falling into place" is the beginning of understanding some sort of divine intelligence. You can see it work...and you start to wonder about it, and you experience it, then you embrace it and eventually you have no choice but to start to believe in it because you are a witness to it

edit on 11-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

I think there are a lot of believers on ATS, more that you might realize.
But remember, people hate the truth, but love a lie.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Kind of like how this thread "fell into place" actually.. Ironically enough this thread has people coming together.. hahaha.. Who would have thought? Personally I havn't found it to be a logical progression except for the work I put in which is clearly linear to a degree.. But the way can be a curvy path haha.. It's all good..

I'm thankful for life when I used to despise it as a chore (didn't want a body)
I'm thankful for ATS..

I don't know I just Love things now.. I'm grateful..
But even all those years as a cynic, an atheist, and a depressed human being (parent divorce) were not wasted.. That was my rock believe it or not, haha.. I built my temple on it. Bam.. That's mine Son. That's why I would never join any groups.. If I get to it on my own it's mine. It's sort of like the difference between memorizing math formulas and deriving math formulas from purely physical understanding of nature..

I'm not buddhist either, but it's a close enough word. I went to Buddhist temple in the Army though believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Kind of like how this thread "fell into place" actually.. Ironically enough this thread has people coming together.. hahaha.. Who would have thought?

Ha! Yeah, I've been wondering if I should flag the thread or not since it didn't turn out that bad. I think all that crazy stuff that life puts us through is just part of the process though. I used to be an atheist and a cynic too, also depressed and suicidal, and had a violent, hateful temper as a young teenager. All that changed because I was hit hard by a dose of reality. I think our egos need a little bruising before we can humble ourselves. (Makes sense, right? Sorry for stating the obvious!)

I still think honest desire is part of the equation. No one can find God unless they want to. You don't just bump into God as a cellmate while you're doing time for armed robberies...contrary to what some people would claim

It takes a big stripping down and a desire to rebuild with a certain vision in mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

As a new member, please don't make the mistake that some here make often. Stereotyping and lumping all of us into a niche.

We are each an individual with independant thoughts and opinions, you included. I know it's often easier to use the royal "we" or generalising "you", but unless you see the myriad of different colours here at ATS, all you'll ever see is grey.

Welcome to ATS, please don't attempt ramming religion down my throat, save your energy, you'll need it here.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The first post stated you think there is a conspiracy of some sort with those of us who choose to post here and participate in discussion about conspiracy's. You then began to attempt to impose your religious belief's on us in an awkward shift of the topic at hand. If I am correct, that would mean that you have a sort of opinion that none of us believe in religion and conspiracy discussion is done by only atheists. You could not be more wrong.......but on that note I believe religion was created as a means to control the masses PERIOD. Ponder that for awhile.....also I will leave you with a statement I found on the end of a video yesterday that I believe is 100% true.......

The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous.

IMO that is why conspiracy discussion has exploded in recent years and why we come here to discuss relevant stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow. We really need more people here like you.

Do you have any friends which can take a break from what must be some NASA-driven mental gymnastics to stop by here and illuminate our willful ignorance?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Distractions, distractions, and more distractions.

Perhaps we really are multi dimensional beings....or could be.

This conspiracey of yours definately takes up many peoples time, as do the tv for others, sport for others. There must more, I can't think... because lately I feel constantly distracted.......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I really don't see any conspiracy here other than that we are all of the devil or something like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

Distractions, distractions, and more distractions.

Perhaps we really are multi dimensional beings....or could be.

This conspiracey of yours definately takes up many peoples time, as do the tv for others, sport for others. There must more, I can't think... because lately I feel constantly distracted.......

Aww I bet you have more to say than that? Your avatar looks to be asking for topics like this.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Absolute truth? Christianity? sorry pal you have mixed up absolute truth with faith.
You can't absolutely prove anything in the bible apart from it is a book written by men.

Actually, there is some validating evidence in the form of celestial events "bracketing" Jesus' life and Great Work, which can now be pinpointed with absolute historical accuracy.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgalahan2
reply to post by MamaJ

Lastly, you are a Woman, and I am a Man of Faith in Jesus Christ. Do you believe the Bible?

Then you best look into Timothy some more, do be silent and submissive while I teach. You are a woman, and I'm a man.

As, like the Bible says, women can heavily mislead when speaking/attempting preach, and... you are.
I insist you don't write another post.

This is disgusting and pathetic. Way to be a chauvinistic creep.
Jesus preached loved of all races, creeds and persons. If you think you're spreading his message, then you're off the mark.
edit on 11-1-2013 by insightout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I would say the REAL conspiracy has to do with why you use the name TGalahan2. Are you a junior? Or was that name already in use here?

Seriously....absolute truth? Having been raised Lutheran/Presbyterian, in a Catholic town, and having attended a Baptist university, I have had LOADS of exposure to the Bible and its ancillary books/manu.documents. Rather than me list out all the obvious lacking of truth, perhaps you can quantify what makes it absolutely truthful?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I always find people who are christian and believe in the bible very funny seeing as how there are other "bibles" and writing that are MUCH older then the bible and contradict the christian and many other "bibles" As well as there are structures and building that are older then when the bible says we were created so feel free to explain that Mr. Bible.

And yes I have read the christian bible, it reads like a comic book. Giants, magical powers, water to wine, dying and coming back from the dead (zombies??) ect. Very enjoyable piece of fiction.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Lastly, you are a Woman, and I am a Man of Faith in Jesus Christ. Do you believe the Bible?

Then you best look into Timothy some more, do be silent and submissive while I teach. You are a woman, and I'm a man.

As, like the Bible says, women can heavily mislead when speaking/attempting preach, and... you are.

Hey buddy, the 50s called, they want their morals back.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan
So...to summarise...you're saying you don't care about others beliefs...you're here to convert them to yours?

Unless I misread your post.

You will fit right in here!

No kidding, eh?

I think he needs an avatar with cigar-smoking Jesus kicking in a door, blasting with an assault rifle that's kicking it on full auto, though. Then he'd really find a place among his people around here. Commando Jesus.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think you will also find this is an unusual trait for an ATS member, I can't think of anyone else on here who insists Christianity on others in such a way.

Well, I do respect them, in a sense, but I moreso believe in very blatant and bold attempts at conversion.

Might as well close your account now if your intention is to flagrantly ignore the T&C.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

No kidding, eh?

I think he needs an avatar with cigar-smoking Jesus kicking in a door, blasting with an assault rifle that's kicking it on full auto, though. Then he'd really find a place among his people around here. Commando Jesus.

OMGesus ! That would be an awesome idea.. Problem is that I would like the ops posts more in that case... ehh its worth it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Sh*t

I was hoping that you weren't a troll trying to make Christians look like idiots, but this post just outed you. What is it with some of you kids. You have to pace yourselves and build your persona better before blowing your chunks and killing off your credibility like this. No one that's a real Christian would be so stupid as to make it clear that they're dismissive of women so early on.

You blew it, man. I was really hoping for a good ballbust here, but you screwed the timing with this stumble. I don't see any way of recovering. You've become a cartoon already.

Damn.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

To me, that says it all. You are one of the most credible members on ATS to me, as well as an outstanding representative of your faith. And you nailed the OP right on the head.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join