It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The question seems rather simple to me.

Do we, as a Nation, as a society, as Human Beings, value our Right to Bear Arms MORE than we value the lives of our Children?

Because, That, ladies and gentlemen, is what this all boils down to.

Is our separate, and/or collective, fear for our personal safety and/or freedom, so great that we are willing to accept the continued slaughter of our children?

Yes, I know, there are many ways in which our children can be murdered, both figuratively and, more immediately tragic, literally, as we have seen all too recently.

Yes, I know guns aren't the only culprit.

Yes, I know that taking away our guns won't stop murderous psychopathics from finding other ways to kill.

And, Yes, I know that no Government sould have the right to tell its citizens what they cn and cannot own,

But let's face a few hard facts:

The primary purpose of a gun, is to slam a projectile into an object, with enough force to damage or destroy that object (I allow the exception of a Nail gun, although such have been used against people as well). They are very effective in this mode of employ, elsewise we cunning apes would have developed something better (weapons science marches on!).

Guns make poor hammers, don't cut your steak very well, and you can't drive one to the market.

They do what they do, and they do it well. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to do very well with them.

Our fault, not theirs.

But people, isn't time to realize that we are just not that Good with guns. Note that I did not say "Proficient", I said Good.

As in Mature, Humane, Exemplars of our Species worthy of Esteem.

We are not being good examples to our Children

We are allowing our fears and desires to rationalize their contiued endangerment, disfigurement, and even Death.

Why?

We are All Somebody's Child.

Is it worth it?

Is the Life of your Child worth your Right to Own a Gun?

And if it is, Don't you think your child has the Right to know that you are willing to let him/her die, so that you can keep your gun?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

No it does not boil down to that ....

what a bunch of crap ...

YOU CAN NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM DOING BAD THINGS!!!

your utopian dream is just that - a dream ... wake up live in the real world ... AND

get over it!

Your government probably murdered 100s if not 1000s of children in a meaningless war ...

was it worth it?

Could you look those children in the eye and say sorry but you are just collateral damage we have to do what we have to do ...

ALSO I OWN A GUN .... no child is going to die because of my gun ...

this is the most asinine argument I have ever heard ...

God the stupidity of the anti-gun crowd.

YOU WANT TO BE SLAVES DON'T YOU? GO AHEAD ADMIT IT!

YOU CAN'T WAIT TO LICK THE BOOTS OF YOUR OPPRESSORS!

edit on 10-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Leading cause of death of children between the ages of two and fourteen is auto accidents.

How can you as a human being not only own one of these "murder machines", but actually pay monthly for the ability to drive around and potentially kill kids?

See didn't that sound stupid too?

Cars have only one purpose, that is acting as a mode of transportation. They are the leading cause of children's deaths in the US and you do not call for their ban.

Agenda much?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Chcago reported it's FIVE HUNDRETH homocide just shortly before the New year.

What's going on there, and who's in charge?

This is just one city. Doesn't it already have 'gun control'???

How do you protect yourself in such an environment when the leadership has been shown to be negligent and that you can't count on them to provide any realistic solutions.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

...Guns make poor hammers...

Apparently, you have never owned a Hi-Point....

Seriously, though....You really, truly have a very acute, narrow, myopic, deluded and obstructed view of the "facts"...

Because, 1911's also make excellent hammers...

Oh and in response to this:

The lives of my children are exactly why, I cherish my right to own guns!
Not to mention the fact that my 19 yr. old daughter, and my 11 yr. old son are both excellent shots!
I guess it's the inherited skill and the respect instilled, that ensured that...

edit on 1/10/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: de-de-de

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My children were born with rights and that includes the right to own a gun, it is up to me as a parent to protect the rights of my child just as my forefathers protected my rights.

Guns are no more of a threat to my child than a hammer or a spoon...If someone murdered my child god forbid, I would not blame it on the tool they used, I would blame the person that did it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
We are All Somebody's Child.

Is it worth it?

And if it is, Don't you think your child has the Right to know that you are willing to let him/her die, so that you can keep your gun?

If it isn't, then we have already lost millions of our sons and daughters for no reason. If our rights are not worth dying for, then we should never have fought the Revolutionary War. If our rights are not worth dying for, the Allies should have just surrendered to the Axis. If our rights are not worth dying for, then no parent should allow their child to take an oath and put on a military uniform. Police should just turn in their uniforms and weapons and go home. If our rights are not worth dying for, then we should just disband our military, and submit to any power that wishes to invade our country.

That's what we should tell our children. There will always be those who will do whatever it takes to enslave others. They will kill those that do not submit. Freedom isn't free, often the price of freedom is blood.

If we just give up our rights to our current corrupt regime, then all of the sacrifices of those who came before us will have been in vain.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Not gonna lie, I got a lump in my throat reading that!
Well said, Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

And you are doing exactly what the OP is, making a huge blanket statement and generalizing a huge group of individuals. There are many officers in my family and I have a lot of respect for them. They are some of the best people I know.

Don't torch the OP for making a rash and untrue statement and then turn around to do the same thing. You are no better than he.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The whole point of the gun is to shoot, and a lot of people are treading awfully close it seems to finding out just why the Americans have their guns in the first place..

Because of the people who are trying to micro-manage every aspect of their lives..

Do we, as a Nation, as a society, as Human Beings, value our Right to Bear Arms MORE than we value the lives of our Children?

This question is so beyond irrelevant..

THINK OF THE CHILDREENNNNNNNNNN

Meanwhile, the nation's government owns a nuclear stockpile and actually used it on a civilian populace!! LOL

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, indeed.
edit on 10-1-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Wow...........that was a pretty deluded rant you wrote there. What you said may be true for some people, but, tell you the truth, people in America believe in the right to bear arms because we know that the average individual is smart enough to own a gun responsibly.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Text

Originally posted by Pinke
I'm not American.

I'm a pretty tiny person

Yes many gun owners are.

If you need it for your job, that is a legitimate reason. But stuffing one under your pillow at night is not.
edit on 9-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

Look at you editing someone's post. He didn't even say that. WTF is wrong with you?
edit on 10-1-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Should put this thread in the loser section....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well I had stayed away from posting or replying to all the gun grab histeria, however I felt compelled to reply to this.
First let me say I am an american and I own several gun's, all of them but one is for sporting or hunting, the one exception is called "The Judge", It is purely a defense weapon, no doubt about it, made purely to put hole's in bad guy!
I do not feel like a big man or is my ego inflated because I have it, I hope and pray I never have the need to use it, but make no mistake about it, if I or my loved one's are facing a threat of physical harm or death......I'll stop squeezing the trigger when I'm out of round's.
Now I'm going to tell you something that is going to make me unpopular but when the 2 nd was written, the type of arm's the founding father's envisioned the people having to bear was the same or close to what the gov. had; in a situation like that the people could stop a tyrannical gov.
Today is very different, we the people could not stop the gov. with all the advanced weaponry they have, no way; even if all 300 million people in the US were armed with the best AK's, etc. we would have no chance. A few thousand trained military personnel with access to their full arsenal, all it would take would be one advancement into say Los Angeles and a few heavy round's that took out a few heavily populated city blocks and any resistance that the American people had would go away and they would be handing in their gun's.
Now I know we have Joe Bob Bada@# and his kin that would be holed up and fighting to the death but the majority when confronted with overwhelming force as such they would be will lay down the arm's.
So the 2nd was written at a time when the gov. had musket's and we the people did also, today the gov. has much bigger gun's, by comparison we the people still have muskets..............................I firmly stand behind the 2nd however I'm not foolish enough to think that "our right to bear arm's" can protect us from a tyrannical gov. today.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its about Power ? yes ask Stalin ,Polpot ,Mao ,Hitler and the future U.N tyrants that want Complete POWER over the peasants and serfs ,who say ''The problem with the world today is people have too many rights ''.The middle class lifestyle is unsustainable ''.Some of the most obnoxious power hungry people i ever met were vehmently Anti Gun .Its not about POWER for the ordinary gun owner ,shows you really dont know what you are talking about

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
Thomas Jefferson

Please instill this into your head OP. The 2nd Amendment is one of the few barriers left now against a full Tyrannical take over.

We already lost the 4th Amendment, we can't dare to lose the 2nd.

I'll agree with you to an extent, but you are generalizing. Not all gun owners are like what you described. And I must admit some gun owners could care less about the 2nd amendment and it's true meaning.

Think of it as checks and balances for the Government.

Though, if they actually pass this EO, it's going to get worse. You'll be surprised how many people support this bill solely due to their emotions raging all over the place from Sandy Hook. Controlling this country is as easy as setting the reeses candy for ET. Seriously, these people are clueless until they get the Military boot in the rear, and then they will wake up to reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yes it is about power the power to defend against tyranny should the need arise. And why is it any of your business what anyone puts under their pillow at night? Oh and also the power to stop people who think they have the right to tell us what we can put under our pillow and think it is ok to use government guns to force us to do so....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You sound like Piers Morgan. One minute Piers agrees with americans right to protect themselves and doesnt want to take all americans guns, then next he says assault rifles are already banned then semi auto rifles should be banned. In an ideal world he said he would ban all guns just like in Britain. A bit two faced there

I have only held a gun once and it was a Gloc. Even though it was unloaded I felt nervous holding it. I think it is just the scare factor that clouds peoples minds. The fact it can bring instant death compared to a knife( even though in the right hands it can be instant). I love knives and know how to use one. Guns are the great equilizer.
I don't understand the guns kill people statement. It is designed to kill but it is an inanimate object it can't do it by itself.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous premise.

Guns are not the problem. Knives are not the problem. Video games are not the problem.

INDIVIDUALS are to blame. There are INDIVIDUALS who have a propensity to commit violence, regardless of the means. Anti-depressants accelerate this propensity.

Violent crime, murders, are not reduced with gun confiscations. This is a proven fact. People simply find a new means.

Gun ownership is a right. No one, no government has a right to challenge this.

The 2nd Amendment was meant for the defense of the population and to keep government in check.

Tired of this "people are dying" BS. If youre really concerned about people dying, lead a crusade against heart disease, cancer and medical mistakes, which account for 1.5 million dead. Guns, 8500.

Focus your energy elsewhere. Wake up.

edit on 11-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

If youre so worried about children, focus on heart disease, cancer and medical mistakes which account for 1.5 millions deaths a year. Guns are a paltry 8,500.

Tired of this "save the children" BS.

Wake up.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join