It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Its about power. You all masquerade that it is about protecting your civil liberties and your constitution, but it is not is it? start being honest with yourselves and others about the real reason you want to keep your gun. It is about feeling powerful isn't it? That is all it is, you think that owning a gun makes you powerful, because you have the ability to take somebodys life should you choose to do so. This makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, that you have the power to end a life at the detention of your trigger finger. You do not want your government to take this power away from you because it will leave a void in your life. You feel so strongly about this that you are willing to see so many deaths of your citizens each year to uphold your right to feel powerful oops i mean bear arms.

Maybe if you all started being honest about why you really don't want gun control, then us outsiders might be able to accept your reasoning.

Just a thought.

I believe you are describing the mindset of law enforcement, here. They don't represent all gun owners.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

[color=6699FF]WHEN

faced with tyranny that ONLY RESPECTS and responds to force, power--tangible, emphatic, equal or more POWERFUL resistance,

it's a SURVIVAL issue

to have some power.

Talk to the Russian writer A. Solzhenitsyn about what a difference citizens with arms would have likely made had the Russian version of storm troopers had to fear not going home to THEIR families at night.

I don't understand suicidal mindlessness about self-defense; family defense; defense of LIBERTIES, FREEDOM.

Oh, right . . . government indoctrination schools and massive sophisticated psychological manipulations and mind control . . . How could I forget.

edit on 10/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To the OP- Why don't you stop masquerading and lying to yourself? You feel helpless, don't you? You are frustrated because you have no power. No voice. You feel you have no control over anything. But a gun would give you some power, wouldn't it? You want one so badly. You fantasize about having that power over people. Power to take a life. Power over your government. But you can't face the terrible truth of the monster inside yourself. So you extrapolate your view toward a whole other group of people. It makes you feel more "normal" if you aren't the only one with urges for power. Go ahead and keep blathering about if it makes you feel better. But I see right through you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't have nor want a gun, but I don't want Americans to lose any more of their rights.

We should not even be paying tax on wages, how many rights do you want to lose?

You know if you give in do losing a "right" you will continue to lose more until there is NONE!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

edit on 10-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

the last one's really funny aint it?
edit on 10-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Its about power. You all masquerade that it is about protecting your civil liberties and your constitution, but it is not is it? start being honest with yourselves and others about the real reason you want to keep your gun. It is about feeling powerful isn't it? That is all it is, you think that owning a gun makes you powerful, because you have the ability to take somebodys life should you choose to do so. This makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, that you have the power to end a life at the detention of your trigger finger. You do not want your government to take this power away from you because it will leave a void in your life. You feel so strongly about this that you are willing to see so many deaths of your citizens each year to uphold your right to feel powerful oops i mean bear arms.

Maybe if you all started being honest about why you really don't want gun control, then us outsiders might be able to accept your reasoning.

Just a thought.

You sir, are absolutely correct! It is about power. As anyone with any wit at all knows, power is one sided. We patriots do not wish for all the power to be left in the hands of the corrupt! But you'll never get that will you? It is my opinion that your "opinion" is based on a paycheck.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Absolutely and utterly outstanding post and dead on. That is EXACTLY what it is about. Power. It is NOT about rights, liberty, etc.

Good for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
but really.. theyre going to cram gun control down your throats whether u like it or not. they need gun control, they want gun control and they will put every effort behind it to get it.. while over half ur population is sitting on their arses enjoying jerry springer. you just dont have the backing.. but then again.. neither did washington..

or did he?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bearing in mind the UK's population average 670 people per sq mile and the USA's average of 83, how rampant do you think your gun crime would be if you were living as packed together as we are? The answer is, your country would be like Somalia.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I am an american and a gun owner or was one until a recent incident. It's not power it's protection, my house is in a good neighborhood but has been burglarized 3 times in the past. My business owner friend was just murdered outside of his business after closing up his store. I live in Killeen aka the Luby's massacre city and also the city that featured Hassans Fort Hood rampage.

If we didn't have our guns we would have lost more lives on those days.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Truth of the matter is: An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

It may not happen in your lifetime, but allowing your government to take the citizenry's right to bear arms puts future generations at risk. But, if you're not around to see it, I'm sure you can't be bothered with the possibilities that their world may not be all love and light like we hope for.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The whole gun violence thing is really escalating to untenable levels already. Don't you all see that it just can't continue this way much longer? You'll all just go mad with paranoia from the sheer weight of the constant stress.

You have to correct the ills of society there. You need the security that community and trust provide. You're living for material goods but you're dying just as fast for them. Is it really worth it? How can it be?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
The whole gun violence thing is really escalating to untenable levels already. Don't you all see that it just can't continue this way much longer? You'll all just go mad with paranoia from the sheer weight of the constant stress.

You have to correct the ills of society there. You need the security that community and trust provide. You're living for material goods but you're dying just as fast for them. Is it really worth it? How can it be?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the world powers to throw down first, then we'll talk about global disarmament!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Do you really NOT see how shallow this thinking is? 75,000,000 firearm owners killed no one today....didn't even think about it. We got up, dressed, went to work or school, and are living a happy normal day in our life. I'm not paranoid nor stressed, nor are most of the people I know. My community is full of trust and security. We don't live for material goods, we live for our families, our country, our communities, and most for our beliefs. It is worth it.

If all I report and highlight today are cases of flu, colds, and people not at work or school because they are home ill, you will think the whole country is dying and should be quarantined. You are easily brainwashed, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Do you really NOT see how shallow this thinking is? 75,000,000 firearm owners killed no one today....didn't even think about it.

Apart from the guy in Bakersfield, California that just shot up another school. www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 10-1-2013 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I have the power to kill someone if I so chose, and I don't own a gun. I have two hands and a brain, and I know ho to use them.

What's your point?

Some of us even have martial arts training, making us even more effective.

The technical martial art school I took part in (SENTO) also even had a "camp" where they did what amounted to survival and pseudo-military drills.

Looking around my room, not counting bare hands, I count no less than 20 every-day objects I could easily incapacitate or kill a man with. Some at a distance.

And that does not count the weapons I could manufacture had I the desire or necessity.

Gun bans will NOT stop murder, or even mass murder, and instead will give a greater foothold for tyrannical government to strip people of their rights with reduced chances of successful resistance. And that is what gun bans are really about. Anyone who doesn't think so has either not really considered the issue thoroughly or properly, or is just plain not intelligent enough to consider the issue properly, or otherwise is a shill acting on behalf of "The Powers That Be."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens

Do you really NOT see how shallow this thinking is? 75,000,000 firearm owners killed no one today....didn't even think about it.

Apart from the guy in Bakersfield, California that just shot up another school. www.dailymail.co.uk...

Correction: 74,999,999

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Just a thought.

Of course it is... That's what the second amendment is for, to give power to the people instead of the government.

That is what our WHOLE government system is about, having the power in the hands of the people instead of the government. Governing at the consent of the governed. Without arms in the hands of the people, the people are existing at the consent of the government, which is entirely the opposite of what our system of government is based on.

Not being in a system based on government at the consent of the governed, I understand how you would have difficulty understanding that concept.

The second amendment is all about ensuring that government is run at the consent of the governed.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens

Yep, with a shotgun, one student injured and one teacher, who talked down the kid injured...

Guess what???? NO ONE is talking about making shotguns illegal...

Jaden

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No. Wrong. First off, I am not a gun owner, where I live the local gov't makes it as difficult and impractical as possible to own a gun. I live in a city that has some of if not THE strictest gun laws in America. I'm not allowed to conceal carry, if I want to transport the gun I have to take it apart piece by piece. I'm not even allowed to have a gun out in the front porch. They've even moved gun ranges outside of the city.
Result: The politicians walk around with armed guards. Law abiding citizens are disarmed. People are still getting shot left and right, I can occasionally hear gunshots outside my window at night (I live in a working class neighborhood), criminals/gangs/cartels walk the street with guns and even semi-auto weapons. When I was in high school, I was walking in the hallway and saw this kid grabbed a gun out of his book bag and gave it to his friend.
Police regularly raid people's homes for no reason, or knock down people's doors without fear.
Owning a gun is about allowing law abiding citizens to use their natural right to protect themselves, their liberty, and their property.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join