It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Its about power. You all masquerade that it is about protecting your civil liberties and your constitution, but it is not is it? start being honest with yourselves and others about the real reason you want to keep your gun. It is about feeling powerful isn't it? That is all it is, you think that owning a gun makes you powerful, because you have the ability to take somebodys life should you choose to do so. This makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, that you have the power to end a life at the detention of your trigger finger. You do not want your government to take this power away from you because it will leave a void in your life. You feel so strongly about this that you are willing to see so many deaths of your citizens each year to uphold your right to feel powerful oops i mean bear arms.

Maybe if you all started being honest about why you really don't want gun control, then us outsiders might be able to accept your reasoning.

Just a thought.

You are wrong.

Listen to this intelligent woman and learn something;

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Its about power. You all masquerade that it is about protecting your civil liberties and your constitution, but it is not is it? start being honest with yourselves and others about the real reason you want to keep your gun. It is about feeling powerful isn't it? That is all it is, you think that owning a gun makes you powerful, because you have the ability to take somebodys life should you choose to do so. This makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, that you have the power to end a life at the detention of your trigger finger. You do not want your government to take this power away from you because it will leave a void in your life. You feel so strongly about this that you are willing to see so many deaths of your citizens each year to uphold your right to feel powerful oops i mean bear arms.

Maybe if you all started being honest about why you really don't want gun control, then us outsiders might be able to accept your reasoning.

Just a thought.

This THIS

THIS

I cannot give you enough applause OP, you have put into voice everything that I think this gun debate is about.

All I see are Americans not caring how many children get killed as long as they get to keep their assault rifles. And they want those assault rifles to defend against a government who has tanks, jets, helicopters, drones, missiles, artillery, nukes, gatling guns, supercarriers and secret space planes. All I can say is good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

wow your totally right i never realized it till now"sarcasm" It just about acting tough, I see it now. I love the idea of other Americans dieing by guns and cant wait for another school shooting so I can come on here and be bashed by foreigners for my secret love of seeing people being killed by guns "sarcasm". I honesty could care less about my rights hell lock me up but please do it with my guns. Seriously I masturbate to guns and ammo! Please dont take away my second penis please!

But in all seriousness I don't even own a gun but I know how to use them. I also know there is more to this issue then meets the eye.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I don't even own a gun. For me its about YET ANOTHER civil liberty being stripped of us.

I don't really care about "power" as you put it. I am not a raging lunatic. I see it as a constitutional issue.

People are as varied as there are shades of crap.

The "typical" American doesn't exist, like the "typical" tea toting "god save the queen" Englishman doesn't, or the "typical" loaf of bread under the arm, Dali mustache Frenchman doesn't.

These are stereotypes of the US. We don't all dodge bullets when we walk our dogs and shoot guns in the air at weddings.

This is all getting to be very offensive. At this stage in the game to be stereotyped like this just shows ignorance and bias by those trying to use this to demonize us, call us savages and allude to our base instincts compared to their "civilized" societies.

It is ego masturbation and entirely opportunistic. I doubt even a quarter of these foreign gun regulation advocates are concerned for our safety.

edit on 11-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Just a thought.

Maybe you should grow a pair and quit being a naive little idiot. Seriously, what a fool...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

In saying that though, don't you see where the problem actually lies? America is not taking care of her own. Opportunities are not there.

Someone here has mentioned micromanagement as a serious issue. Yes! That's exactly right. We're all, worldwide, being micromanaged out of any opportunity to live with any degree of prosperity and safety. Too many, obviously in America too, have little to no hope of having a decent level of comfort. Think about all the laws you are responsible to know and uphold. There are people who do nothing but make laws all day long, every day on local, state, and national levels. You have to know them or you're likely to become a criminal at some point. Madness. We have nothing like a "life" anymore.

Fear breeds fear. That will never change. Why is the focus on defence instead of on curing what ails our sick Western culture? Fear breeds fear. You would prefer to carry a weapon than to help another of your species. Your fear is no less than their own. When you help others, you help yourself and all of mankind.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am a Marine. I don't need a gun to kill people. I also don't feel the need to keep a gun "just in case". There are enough people with multiple guns that would let me one in case anything serious happens.
It really is about protecting the 2nd Amendment. In this day and age where the government is getting larger than ever, each citizen needs an Ar-15 with at least 10 30 round clips. guerilla warfare with always be the preferred method of fighting a superior force, both foreign and domestic.
It's the system of people that are looking for control that will change the conversation from "protecting yourself from your government" to "you don't need a semi-automatic to go hunting".
While this conversation is being changed, people are blindly following. That's how Obama got elected. Misdirection.
You might remember that the US beat that cesspool for inbreeding Britain, by using an inferior force. Also, the US bailed out a lot of countries during the world wars. I'm guessing you are from one of these countries. I'd also like to mention that if it weren't for us, you would be speaking German. And if you're French, I don't need to say much about you, all anyone needs to do is read a history book and we can see your resolve to be free...Surrender Monkey. It's our culture of dangerous gun toters that keeps the wolves at bay. I didnt see a lot of global forces in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Just a thought.

Uh, yeah? How else do you expect people to stop their government, and other governments, from committing genocide and tyranny?

Oh, did you think that right before a government becomes tyrannical and oppressive, they will let the population arm themselves? Haha, ok.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A gun does not make one powerful. People are easy to kill. No gun needed. Shucks, you can poke one with a pointy stick just as easy as shooting them. And just as effective. Rocks work too. Pretty much anything can kill people. I do not need a gun to kill dozens of people either. Poisons are easy to come by and more effective.

Anyone who gets a power trip over a gun would likely get the same trip from a knife or a car. This thread is silly.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think gun control is also about great pro-freedom precedent. When you allow the victimless act of unrestricted gun ownership despite it costing many lives, it is a big middle finger to the control freaks everywhere. Then when some wannabe fascist wants to restrict other victimless activities such as drugs, violent video games, hate speech or other non-issues, you can always point to guns as a greater evil, yet still a right.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
First gaming, than Army, and, Good Bye... # Your Army! Sincerely

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

So let me get this straight; you believe your collection of AKs and/or ARs will stand up to a Predator Drone or an Abrams tank? Yeah? Really? That's kinda funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You got it backwards my friend. It is about power and they want more.

We want piece of mind and hope that we can protect ourselves from tyranny that may come in the short future.
As well as our fore farthers.

In my mind its already happened and thier trying as hard as ever to disarm us. They want us powerless before we all wake up and see what they took and what they want to take.

Here is my point.

Cigarettes and alcohol kills close to 1 million people a year alone. Where's the out cry? Why are still even legal?

Same goes with the food we consume. They will let us eat poison but want those nasty guns.

In 2011 thier were just over 33,000 gun related death's in the U.S.
A mere fraction of the death's caused by the things up top.

Key words are "GUN RELATED", not all gun deaths are caused by crazies and its prolly the least reason. I would bet police shootings and accidental death's are #1 for the gun related part.

They have been trying to chip this right from us for decades.

In conclusion its all about the 2nd Ammendment and them wanting us powerless.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Um I own a gun so if some Dumbarse try's to come in my home uninvited It will be the last thing they see. No I do not relish ever having to use it, however I will protect my family if threatened with violence.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The question seems rather simple to me.

Do we, as a Nation, as a society, as Human Beings, value our Right to Bear Arms MORE than we value the lives of our Children?

Because, That, ladies and gentlemen, is what this all boils down to.

Is our separate, and/or collective, fear for our personal safety and/or freedom, so great that we are willing to accept the continued slaughter of our children?

Yes, I know, there are many ways in which our children can be murdered, both figuratively and, more immediately tragic, literally, as we have seen all too recently.

Yes, I know guns aren't the only culprit.

Yes, I know that taking away our guns won't stop murderous psychopathics from finding other ways to kill.

And, Yes, I know that no Government sould have the right to tell its citizens what they cn and cannot own,

But let's face a few hard facts:

The primary purpose of a gun, is to slam a projectile into an object, with enough force to damage or destroy that object (I allow the exception of a Nail gun, although such have been used against people as well). They are very effective in this mode of employ, elsewise we cunning apes would have developed something better (weapons science marches on!).

Guns make poor hammers, don't cut your steak very well, and you can't drive one to the market.

They do what they do, and they do it well. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to do very well with them.

Our fault, not theirs.

But people, isn't time to realize that we are just not that Good with guns. Note that I did not say "Proficient", I said Good.

As in Mature, Humane, Exemplars of our Species worthy of Esteem.

We are not being good examples to our Children

We are allowing our fears and desires to rationalize their contiued endangerment, disfigurement, and even Death.

Why?

We are All Somebody's Child.

Is it worth it?

Is the Life of your Child worth your Right to Own a Gun?
And if it is, Don't you think your child has the Right to know that you are willing to let him/her die, so that you can keep your gun?

The right to bear ARMS is ABOUT saving the lives of our children...

More of our children's lives have been SAVED by armed citizens than have been taken by FAR...

Besides it's about securing our children's futures and ensuring that corrupt and criminal elements do not take away their rights and freedoms.

Jaden

edit on 11-1-2013 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

So let me get this straight; you believe your collection of AKs and/or ARs will stand up to a Predator Drone or an Abrams tank? Yeah? Really? That's kinda funny.

Oh haaa this line of reasoning is SOOO funny. Do you REALLY think that AR's and AK's is ALL the people have access to???

Besides, you would have to know almost nothing about combat to think that they aren't enough. You can't use a drone or an abrams if you don't know who you're fighting...

You guys are so funny. Do you REALLY think that the people (If they have to fight against the govt.) Are going to line up and face the military?

Do you really think that the majority of the military are going forsake the oath they took and fight the populace???

Do you not think that even a small percentage of the military forces (at the LEAST) would join forces with the Americans that are fighting for constitution and that it wouldn't be military force against military force???

I know several generals and MANY lower ranks that likely would...

DO NOT underestimate the former military, police, and other trained civilians that have knowledge of improvised destructive weapons that could EASILY take out abrams and drones...

What do you think that the Afghanis have at their disposal??? Do you really think that Americans (the most well armed populace on earth don't have at LEAST what they have???

Both the USSR and America military might has failed to secure Afghanistan...

Jaden

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Come up with a logical explanation for Democide, and I might give you my gun.
Until then, people should be afraid of their Governments, very afraid.
Democide Statistics

edit on 11-1-2013 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
80% of the people I know own guns and NOT ONE SINGLE ONE of them think with the ignorant attitude your trying to potray them as... You have just described the .01% of gun owners while stating that they all think the way you have written. Your post is an epic failure just meant to troll people into arguing with you.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The question seems rather simple to me.

Do we, as a Nation, as a society, as Human Beings, value our Right to Bear Arms MORE than we value the lives of our Children?

Because, That, ladies and gentlemen, is what this all boils down to.

Is our separate, and/or collective, fear for our personal safety and/or freedom, so great that we are willing to accept the continued slaughter of our children?

Yes, I know, there are many ways in which our children can be murdered, both figuratively and, more immediately tragic, literally, as we have seen all too recently.

Yes, I know guns aren't the only culprit.

Yes, I know that taking away our guns won't stop murderous psychopathics from finding other ways to kill.

And, Yes, I know that no Government sould have the right to tell its citizens what they cn and cannot own,

But let's face a few hard facts:

The primary purpose of a gun, is to slam a projectile into an object, with enough force to damage or destroy that object (I allow the exception of a Nail gun, although such have been used against people as well). They are very effective in this mode of employ, elsewise we cunning apes would have developed something better (weapons science marches on!).

Guns make poor hammers, don't cut your steak very well, and you can't drive one to the market.

They do what they do, and they do it well. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to do very well with them.

Our fault, not theirs.

But people, isn't time to realize that we are just not that Good with guns. Note that I did not say "Proficient", I said Good.

As in Mature, Humane, Exemplars of our Species worthy of Esteem.

We are not being good examples to our Children

We are allowing our fears and desires to rationalize their contiued endangerment, disfigurement, and even Death.

Why?

We are All Somebody's Child.

Is it worth it?

Is the Life of your Child worth your Right to Own a Gun?

And if it is, Don't you think your child has the Right to know that you are willing to let him/her die, so that you can keep your gun?

I dare you to present this argument exactly as you wrote it to Jewish survivors or even their descendants of Nazi death camps! They surely wouldn't need guns, they would tear your azz apart with their bare hands! They gave up their guns and just look what happened, not only to them, but their children. As far as I am concerned, the only human being that could even spill such crap from their head would be someone evil enough to condone such atrocity. What are you , a GS 4? You have got to be working for the wrong side to dribble such pro-government BS!

PS; It is worth the life of every human being on this planet to exist as the creator intended! It is better to die free on your feet fighting for that freedom than it is to live enslaved on your knees! That is of coarse, unless you are used to being on your knees for whatever reason!
edit on 11-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to correct

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I want to know what kind of sick mind thinks this way ? Not everyone is like minded as you are Pal ! We Americans don't have time to be this devious. Were to damn puzzled by those who are.

Besides everyone knows power corrupts. But absolute power, is kind of neat.
edit on 11-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join