It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster
reply to post by seen2much

Mr Bean just dont send Elton John plz....

Gov't rejects UK's statements on Malvinas

The Foreign Ministry rejected the recent “military threats” coming from British Prime Minister David Cameron in relation to the UK’s “illegal occupation of the (Malvinas) islands" that began 180 years ago.

“The aggressiveness present in the British Prime Minister’s words ratify the complaint filed by the Argentine Republic before the United Nations regarding the militarization of the South Atlantic and the possible presence of nuclear weapons brought by the colonial power,” the ministry said in a statement.

The government office also added that the Argentine population “urges Mr. David Cameron not to make use of the peaceful and legitimate claims we make against the usurpation of part of our territory and colonialism as an excuse to maintain the arms industry instead of solving the severe social crisis Europe is going through.”

edit on 7-1-2013 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

What the hell is this ^^^^^^^

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This thread has reminded me how lucky I am to be British.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This thread has reminded me how great it is not being Maradona -- the true firestarter.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Remember this post in the future when Antarctica is at play, forget Argentina, the Mercosur Alliance will not give that continent up so easily...

Falklands = strategic stepping stone to aquiring Antarctica and having more pull in S.A. And they know it.

And this time Chile won't be helping you.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I'm pretty sure Delboy, Rodney and Uncle Albert in a North Yorkshire fishing trawler could take on the Argentinian Navy (especially if dodgy diamonds are involved).

Actually, just send Uncle Albert in as a spy with the intentions of commanding the Argentine navy...... our lads can just sit back and laugh at the commencing hilarity.

(RIP Buster Merryfield)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maradona was the greatest all time!...Or was that madonna?. At the end of the day, No government gives a #e about the people on the island. Its about the cruddddeee

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANDERSON23

Indeed , a reply would be marvelous , they wont though because everything in his letter is to the mark ! Argentina have never shown interest in the islands just like we never really did.

the Argentinian PM is doing exactly what Thatcher done , shake some sabres to collect some votes ! Only difference is the Iron lady thrown down and went to war to collect them !

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Maradona was the greatest all time!...Or was that madonna?. At the end of the day, No government gives a #e about the people on the island. Its about the cruddddeee

I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate. The UK may well have soverignty over the Falkland Islands but it certainly does not hold Goverance.

www.falklands.gov.fk...

As the Falkland Islands is self governing, any economic wealth obtained in its economic zone would come under the taxation system of the Falkland Islands with all proceeds going to the Falkland Island government and economy. The UK Government would not directly profit from any Oil procured in the zone of the Falkland Islands.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm British, I don't agree in the slightest. If they want their place back officially , let them have it. Were not the almighty British empire anymore, and we don't need to be.
The human race needs to grow up in general and learn to share

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OMG it is absolutely HILARIOUS to listen to all the puffed up Brits in here pretend tough talk. Yeah real tough picking a fight with Argentina after you've already stole their land....Haaa haaa haaaaa haaaaa, hilarious.... Argentina, the only place the Brit military can go and feel relevant.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Begins with O
Ends with L

Opals?
Owls?
Over-alls?

I have not read anything about valuble resources other than an abundance in members of Britainici Sapienti in Southern America. I've checked with newsthump, nothing.
edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

Simple Google search turned up these:

www.yalibnan.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...

www.fogl.com...

Not exactly top secret, is it?

MSN reports are also now claiming that the wells aren't as rich as was hoped for. So it;s all been a waste of time, or the British MSNs reporting this are under orders from the ministry, perhaps hoping to convince the Argies the islands are worthless after all.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

I'm British, I don't agree in the slightest. If they want their place back officially , let them have it. Were not the almighty British empire anymore, and we don't need to be.

The French have decided to claim Weymouth, by your logic you won't mind living under their command will you? You don't seem to care what the Falkland Islanders want, so I guess the same should be said for where you live.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon
OMG it is absolutely HILARIOUS to listen to all the puffed up Brits in here pretend tough talk. Yeah real tough picking a fight with Argentina after you've already stole their land....Haaa haaa haaaaa haaaaa, hilarious.... Argentina, the only place the Brit military can go and feel relevant.

Remember Vietnam and the Mighty US Military defeated by an army peasant farmers.

Oh dear

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This article gives a down to earth breakdown of the history of the Falklands. It initially seems like a wall of text but sums it all up quite nicely. Its an interesting read.

www.fleetstreetfox.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon

I know you are a TROLL trying to provoke a response so I will keep this short.

How can we steal something off somebody that they have never EVER owned?

Being an ex-military person I can assure you that the US Armed Forces relies on the Brits to do a lot of things for them, mainly things the USA cannot do themselves.

Thirdly Diplomatically without the use of force the UK has a wider spread influence in foreign nations as the USA does. Hence the reason the US Gov likes the Brits to be involved in pretty much every war it starts.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

Read my post a couple pages back , from my friends ex para military friend a written letter to the Argentinian PM
it is full of useful facts !

Read it before you go commenting on how we "stole" the islands from Argentina !

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

The French have decided to claim Weymouth, by your logic you won't mind living under their command will you? You don't seem to care what the Falkland Islanders want, so I guess the same should be said for where you live.

But I know they wouldn't and won't, don't be ridiculous. I think as a principle, the days of "we claimed this land or we won it by force" are over, and for good reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Wait wait wait, you didn't think I meant the islanders should grow up and share with us British? Apologies if so that's not what I meant

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Yeah, but the land was already claimed by us long ago when land over there was empty and being claimed (not inc. land settled by indigenous people), just like we have claim on the British Isles......

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Agree completely, same as when the navy seals couldn't do the final Bin Laden raid without consulting with British SBS for advice first.
edit on 7/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join