It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Paddy Ashdown could take on Buenos Aires on his own.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

That was an excellent post by your friend and I'm so glad he included the references to Sean "I don't have a clue on the facts but seeing as I'm here to promote my new film I'm glad to get my face on TV" Penn.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Fight them with what ?
A borrowed french aircraft carrier, a depleted armed forces and our troops spread out all over the world.
Maybe if we write a strongly worded letter to the editor that would help.
War with Argentina

What we have in situ already is enough to repel and destroy most of the combined South American contininent all at once..

So yeah..

We would do just fine

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I was just making light of it buddy
I have no doubt that Britain could, would and should defend it's citizens anywhere, anyway, anyhow.
If we didn't we wouldn't be British and the Great would be a sham.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
First Maradona uses his hand and now Churlish Kirchner besmirches the UK. Argentinas list of crimes against humanity are endless......

Cameron should unleash Nick Clegg and George Osbourne on them. Paddy Ashdown will take Buenos Aires and Lord Strathclyde will descend on the villages with fire.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is called learning the lessons of 1982.

It was a failure to make fully clear to the Argentineans our strength of will to retain/retake the islands that encouraged the 1982 debacle.

There can be no doubt of the UK position this time.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Mr Bean just dont send Elton John plz....

Gov't rejects UK's statements on Malvinas

The Foreign Ministry rejected the recent “military threats” coming from British Prime Minister David Cameron in relation to the UK’s “illegal occupation of the (Malvinas) islands" that began 180 years ago.

“The aggressiveness present in the British Prime Minister’s words ratify the complaint filed by the Argentine Republic before the United Nations regarding the militarization of the South Atlantic and the possible presence of nuclear weapons brought by the colonial power,” the ministry said in a statement.

The government office also added that the Argentine population “urges Mr. David Cameron not to make use of the peaceful and legitimate claims we make against the usurpation of part of our territory and colonialism as an excuse to maintain the arms industry instead of solving the severe social crisis Europe is going through.”

edit on 7-1-2013 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Mr. Bean and Elton John are MI6, we all know that -- it explains the costumes.

Of course the Argentinians want a peaceful resolution as they were bested last time. They dont want "Union Jack and the Jets!"
edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Does make you wander why they're so valuable.

No doubt the reason begins with 'O', ends in 'L'...

'i' wonder what it could be...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Begins with O
Ends with L

Opals?
Owls?
Over-alls?

I have not read anything about valuble resources other than an abundance in members of Britainici Sapienti in Southern America. I've checked with newsthump, nothing.
edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the HMS Belfast could take on the Argentinian navy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by cody599
Fight them with what ?
A borrowed french aircraft carrier, a depleted armed forces and our troops spread out all over the world.
Maybe if we write a strongly worded letter to the editor that would help.
War with Argentina

What we have in situ already is enough to repel and destroy most of the combined South American contininent all at once..

So yeah..

We would do just fine

Throw in a couple of our nuclear trident submarines and we are laughing our asses off

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer
Unfortunately for Argentina we British are quite a bloodthirsty nation. We may come across to the rest of the as jolly bumbling bafoons but a very large portion of the uk actively and secretly enjoy being violent and barbaric. Look at the response to 9/11 most people were screaming for blood when it had near enough nothing to do with us, I was college when we went to war with Iraq and believe me here are more ignorant, closet war mongers in this country than not. Even post Iraq with mass protests against occupation in the Middle East people still yearn for British patriotism in the guise of war and show of strength. I work in an old people's dementia home and its ingrained in that generation lived during the downfall of the empire, really wasn't that long ago. This is filtered down into current generations just look at the willingness to stand up to the aggressive Argentina in this case.

If they invade our Falklands brothers and sisters Britain can and will not mess about, we are battle hardened in and out the forces. Argentina should be careful what they wish for, all out war with the British will be red, painful and nasty.

Britain is basically a mixed race of barbaric settlers all interbred since known records, were Germanic, Anglo Saxon, roman Vikings with Celtic pagan roots which backed the bloodiest religion in the crusades. Just learn about how sick and brutal Britain's history is regards to oppression, torture, persecution, dominance aka the blood and guts. We are strangely proud of that...

Just my 0.2
edit on 7-1-2013 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

I am very proud of my roots. What the hell is your problem? Maybe we are so angry and "Violent" because idiots like you make us.

God bless my Germanic, Anglo Saxon, Roman, Viking, Celtic & Pagan Roots. Who the hell are you to pass judgement on an entire nations history. Ignorant

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
After these many pages and these many heated discussions I would just like to say that if w go to war with Argentina again..., at least it will be a clean war...

ETA: To clarify, we will never use whiTe phospherous or depleted uranium. We will kill you with bullets and possibly HE but the collateral damage will be tiny. The rest of the world could probably learn a thing or two from the British Army.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

....well, that was, erm, interesting?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
2 All the peoples of the world I must advise you all..

This smallminded prick does not speak for me..

My name is Steven location Colchester England

ALL LIFE IS SACRED

Much Love
Steven aka Plazmuh

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Hey, how about you back off Britain. What did we ever do to you?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
All life is sacred.....

except Maradona's. I don't know how but I feel he is behind all this.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

Who is the small minded prick?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Now that would be something to see good on the bloke

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join