It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I really hope the UK does not enter another war. I have always wondered why the UK has such an interested in those islands? Can anyone explain ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

No you appear to advokate that the Argentinians should be handed the Falkland Islands. Despite the fact they have never had any permanent residents on the island or indeed ever Governed the Island. You clearly seem to also have no regard for the wishes of the residents of the Island of whom the most important thoughts on the matter should lie.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just looked up on wiki about the islands... is there any proof that these places have something beneith the surface? meaning... star gate or something ? The islands look dull

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VSNU7

Yes I can explain. It is called giving the people its right to self determination. If we go back long enough those people that inhabit the islands were British, we will not turn our backs on them for as long as they want our help. Just like we didn't turn our backs on our European friends in WWII despite the fact the odds were stacked against us at the time of declaring war on Nazi Germany. Its called having values.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon
OMG it is absolutely HILARIOUS to listen to all the puffed up Brits in here pretend tough talk. Yeah real tough picking a fight with Argentina after you've already stole their land....Haaa haaa haaaaa haaaaa, hilarious.... Argentina, the only place the Brit military can go and feel relevant.

Hahah you stole the native american lands ahahahahah

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Don't let this descend into this because one troll has come here to cause up a fuss. Don't give him that satisfaction.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ObservingYou

Wrong do you even remember the Falklands war? I do my Uncle Mark fought in it and he is proud he did travel 7500 miles to help OUR people.
Most people wouldn't care? you are so wrong.

Actually I'm pretty good friends with an older Scottish gentleman who was posted to Faulklands -
If you consider sending a trained proffesional army over to a distant island to slaughter women and children fighting for their indepenace a GOOD cause, you are very much mistaken.

When re-counting his exsperiences the grown man, broke down and cried in the pub - he said it altered everything about him.

A few alternate history books may change your opinion also.

And they are not "our" people - WTF have we got in common?!

Erm... don't know which war your old Scottish gentleman faught in but no civilians were "slaughtered" by either side. There were 3 (that's THREE) civilian deaths during the Falklands war (Susan Whitley, Doreen Bonner and Mary Goodwin)
There has been RUMOURS of an Argentinian lieutenant going off the hook and ordering his men to slaughter civilians but this was stopped due to the war ending and the fact that most sane people (soldier or not) are not really up for those kinds of shenanigans.
The three civilians died when the house they were sheltering in took a direct hit from a stray missile fired from a British ship.
With a population of just 1820 in 1982 I reckon they'd have noticed any "slaughtering of women and children"?

So far the falklanders have chosen to stay British.
For as long as this is the case, we have an obligation to protect them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I enjoy these British threads, even when the issue is something serious as this.

We all end up having a laugh and a good banter like us Brits do, and it is rare off topic posts get removed as I imagine they are seen for the light hearted good natured banter us Brits always have....

Why do some have to come and try and spoil it with childish endeavours?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Not forgetting to hand back the Resource rich Alaska to Russia.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The great mistake of modern civilization is to encroach upon others' property as though it were one's own and to thereby create an unnecessary disturbance of the laws of nature. These laws are very strong. No living entity can violate them. Only one who is Krsna conscious can easily overcome the stringency of the laws of nature and thus become happy and peaceful in the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by godofme

Not forgetting to hand back the Resource rich Alaska to Russia.

Very true indeed.

I mean come on, Alaska isn't even connected to the USA. Isn't this how it works?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh and not forgetting

"The Virgin Islands of the United States (commonly called the United States Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands or USVI) are a group of islands in the Caribbean that are an insular area of the United States. The islands are geographically part of the Virgin Islands archipelago and are located in the Leeward Islands of the Lesser Antilles."

Free the United States Virgin Islands from the savage American!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
Free Hawaii from the imperialist savages!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny as!
It does sound rather silly when old terms like imperialist are used - or even Red-coats as I read earlier, actually did laugh out loud at that!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join