It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have to be apart of religion to know God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I don't know about the gates of the here after, still wrapped up in the now.
What I do know though, it is possible to 'know' without ascribing to a certain religion.

What no hand can touch, can not be contaminated.

This is interesting. How can one separate the mind from what is given by the unseen?

Sorry to be dense, but can you please elaborate on your question.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What I do know though, it is possible to 'know' without ascribing to a certain religion.

This is interesting. How can one separate the mind from what is given by the unseen?

You say it is possible to know. But, how do you separate your mind interjecting, against what is truly out there? For instance, how do you separate what you are getting from an external source against an internal source such as the mind?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
jhill76, why don't you reply to your PMs as you said you would, instead of coming on here trying to get people wrapped in your questions, so you can "turn off your emotions", and "observe".

You say it is possible to know. But, how do you separate your mind interjecting, against what is truly out there? For instance, how do you separate what you are getting from an external source against an internal source such as the mind?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, maybe if we stood on top a mountain, the energy of the earth could go through us and reach god. I live on top of a hill, not a mountain.

Are you saying to use Earth as a middle man? I dont think Im following you. Are you saying that the mountain is closer to god because the mountain is higher then the hill? If that is what you are saying...then you are assuming god is in the sky and one must get close to the sky to reach god? I really dont think Im following....

Are you saying that God is not in the earth and is not within us and in life itself...but that god is in the sky...so the closer to the sky one can get the better earths energy can go through and reach god?

edit on 2-1-2013 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Well, maybe if we stood on top a mountain, the energy of the earth could go through us and reach god. I live on top of a hill, not a mountain.

Are you saying to use Earth as a middle man? I dont think Im following you. Are you saying that the mountain is closer to god because the mountain is higher then the hill? If that is what you are saying...then you are assuming god is in the sky and one must get close to the sky to reach god? I really dont think Im following....

Are you saying that God is not in the earth and is not within us and in life itself...but that god is in the sky...so the closer to the sky one can get the better earths energy can go through and reach god?

The communication uses energy flowing through us. The communication goes through neuron type energy connections through space, sort of like linking to an umbilical cord. There is also a communication to all living things on this planet and that communication goes through the crustal energy of the planet. This is my interpretation of what is happening. I don't really know who we are contacting when we reach god. God could just be the network itself linking everything in the universe together. Sort of like the processor on the computer.

Energy can flow both ways to connect to everything, down to the earth and then through the mountains or just straight out the mountains if we are on them I guess. Just a sort of an idea I am pondering.
edit on 2-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you have time, search a bit about the Sioux and Cherokee ways of praying and contacting Father and his messengers. Many times a holy man will have the one who wishes to pray, go to a certain mountaintop. There they will sat with a blanket and pray. I have on one occasion been to a certain mountaintop with different colored cloths placed in different directions. There I prayed and received answers and some clarity.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Is is possible I can know of God by going to him directly, without religion?

Hello jhill76,

Wow, where can one start with that question. I just realized I am a "free at last" born again Christian. Once I got tired of the hypocrits at the church I attended (not all were/are hypocrits, but a good majority were/are) I stopped attending. At first I felt I had lost fellowship with God and finally realized He was there with me always. I will say I learned much from the pastor of the church I attended and took that good teaching with me. I believe in the Trinity and pray to God through His Son Jesus Christ. I am far from perfect as far as the church is concerned, but God still listens to me, answers my prayers and talks to me. He still blesses me abundantly. So much so that my spouse who is all about putting on appearances for church (that's what it's all about for some of the parishioners where I went to church, the clothes, shoes, cars, etc.) was astounded by all that God continued to bless me with even though I was not going to church.

What I am trying to say is YES you can have God without religion. Seek Him out., talk to Him earnestly and then listen because He will respond and show you the way.

S&F for your post .

Blessings,
yesterday

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If I follow religion, I have to be holy to their standards, and not what I feel in my heart.

Jeremiah 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

You tell us, jhill76. Is our heart alone trustworthy? Can it be deceived?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Lets just say that the Holy Spirit or source fills all life...why then could a true seeker with a humble heart not reach or find God...learn of the nature of God, anywhere on Earth? I agree...nature can be a great way to learn of the nature of God because I believe God is the source that gives us life, fills our being, that we and everything is connected by this spirit. Does it matter if Im on a mountain or in my back yard sitting under a tree?

Something that resonates with me is that the kingdom is within us, because the spirit is in all life. Anyways, I feel I have been taught, guided, and shown things....by this Spirit. I usually do fasting from meats if I feel the need to go to Thee in such a way for guidance, with a clear heart and mind...and honest intent for seeking Thee.

I dont think being on a mountain makes any difference but some may find that they are more comfortable atop a mountain?

My most humble and honest moments in learning of the nature of Spirit were on my back porch under the great rising sun, with a honest heart and clear mind and a empty cup of any preconceived ideas that any other man has every given me of 'what god is and how to find thee'.

I believe God is in all life, and in all life, we can learn of Thee's nature...but most of all, through our own selves.

Yes, there can be distortions....but the distortions come because we have come to Thee with preconceived ideas about God, about the nature of God, about expectations of God.

Empty the cup, admit to knowing nothing, know the Spirit is within you....that is the best start I can offer anyone. The fasting of meats was something I felt the Spirit told me I needed to do for the things I was seeking of and asking of.

Not saying right or wrong...as others have said...there may be no right or wrong...but some ways may cause a distortion. The main thing that causes distortion is seeking Thee with preconceived ideas of what Thee's nature is.

I welcome any feedback or comments.

But I do believe, we can be that conduit, without a doubt. But as I said, depending on the conduit, there may likely be distortions.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

If I follow religion, I have to be holy to their standards, and not what I feel in my heart.

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

You know how I post and for what reasons. I will pm you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

You know how I post and for what reasons. I will pm you.

Oh wow! Look at this. Another PM. Undercover and in secret, in reply to something on an open forum. Why cant you just answer his question? I among others are interested for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Enjoyed the energy in the read

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Lets just say that the Holy Spirit or source fills all life...why then could a true seeker with a humble heart not reach or find God...learn of the nature of God, anywhere on Earth? I agree...nature can be a great way to learn of the nature of God because I believe God is the source that gives us life, fills our being, that we and everything is connected by this spirit. Does it matter if Im on a mountain or in my back yard sitting under a tree?

Something that resonates with me is that the kingdom is within us, because the spirit is in all life. Anyways, I feel I have been taught, guided, and shown things....by this Spirit. I usually do fasting from meats if I feel the need to go to Thee in such a way for guidance, with a clear heart and mind...and honest intent for seeking Thee.

I dont think being on a mountain makes any difference but some may find that they are more comfortable atop a mountain?

My most humble and honest moments in learning of the nature of Spirit were on my back porch under the great rising sun, with a honest heart and clear mind and a empty cup of any preconceived ideas that any other man has every given me of 'what god is and how to find thee'.

I believe God is in all life, and in all life, we can learn of Thee's nature...but most of all, through our own selves.

Yes, there can be distortions....but the distortions come because we have come to Thee with preconceived ideas about God, about the nature of God, about expectations of God.

Empty the cup, admit to knowing nothing, know the Spirit is within you....that is the best start I can offer anyone. The fasting of meats was something I felt the Spirit told me I needed to do for the things I was seeking of and asking of.

Not saying right or wrong...as others have said...there may be no right or wrong...but some ways may cause a distortion. The main thing that causes distortion is seeking Thee with preconceived ideas of what Thee's nature is.

I welcome any feedback or comments.

But I do believe, we can be that conduit, without a doubt. But as I said, depending on the conduit, there may likely be distortions.

Very simple and straightforward post. Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for that Ophiuchus...its nice to share things that resonate with others...and likewise, I like to read others ideas that resonate with me.

Hope you and yours are well!

My best to you always
LV

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Thanks for that...was just trying to find a common ground between others that were talking about ways they have used and ways I have used, because it sounds like to me we both understood the importance of nature and the spirit within all nature, in the very design of our being and universe.

My best to you!
LV

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Is is possible I can know of God by going to him directly, without religion?

Maybe that's the ONLY way to know God.

God is not in a cold church, mosque or temple. He is not coming out of a priest's mouth. He is not magically appearing by reciting bible verses or if you go to church each Sunday.

This is why our world is so ***ed up. Because people have entirely forgotten where God is.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We were created in God's own image. It's fair to assume he would do the same thing we do if he were in our position. And by extension, we would do the same as he does if we were in His Position. Jesus said we are all Sons and Daughters of God. No Good Father would love some of His children and forsake others. But each has to choose to follow Good or Evil. When one chooses the latter path, they have forsaken their inheritance and become Sons of Evil.

No, and let me repeat this, NO religion (and by religion, here I mean the members) is without good OR evil. They are made of both good intent and evil influence. Something to be noted is that most people think that the God of Israel and the one known as Allah are different Gods. They are the same. The lies told by the prophet Muhammad were given to him by the deceiver with the intent of discrediting Jesus as the Christ. It's something nobody wants to say or hear, but the deceiver knew it would cut off a lot of souls from the gifts of the holy spirit. But much of the Qu'ran is good advice that helps many become better people. This division is abominable. We are all Brothers under the same Father. Does it matter if Jesus was the Messiah when thousands of people are dying every day to hunger?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

A lot of things have shown themselves to me in various ways, I only ever stipulated that it must be their true form.
The true things stay true, even in the cold hard light of day.
I try hard not to judge (and fail sometimes) but take what is given in the spirit that it is given, knowing there is knowledge attached to that contact. It's up to me to decipher it.
My mind, thankfully was able to cease the flow when it became too much, otherwise I would have gone mad or disolved, who knows.
They can touch you, they can hear you, and they know your heart, and they can mess with your mind, if you are not strong. They are of this plane and not also, but they are all of this system and this creation and therefore equal, that's how I treat them.

There is internal influence and external, this is correct, and it does not originate where most people think it does though.

My awakening was violent and nasty and nothing was sacred, and I do mean nothing.
I did not have a book or a name for protection, and that is just the way I like it.
I always do things the hard way, it's just my way.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

My mind, thankfully was able to cease the flow when it became too much, otherwise I would have gone mad or disolved, who knows.

I understand this, as I have seen some who didn't know how to control of it, and have gone on home.

I know what you mean on your other points, it is clear now.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I understand this, as I have seen some who didn't know how to control of it, and have gone on home.

I know what you mean on your other points, it is clear now.

I'd be interested to hear just what points you think you understand about it, feel free to private message.
regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join