It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aether: Does the Aether Exist, or Not?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Sigh...you really want me to do this? OK...you seem to desire it.

What you have just posted has absolutely ZERO scientific merit nor does it have a single logical thought. As I stated...an object that has been made uneffected by Gravity will only seem to the observer to fly off rapidly...in reality it is the Planet as well as our Solar System and Galaxy that are in Motion.

As far as your description of MAG LEV...or Magnetic Levitation...THIS IS NOT ANTI-GRAVITY.

Gravity's effect has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGNETICS...Gravity is an expression of One Dimensionality. As example Gravity's effect does infact effect all Matter as well as Energy. Magnetic Effect cannot move a wooden spoon.

If you want me to continue doing this just say so.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You know I hate to be rude. I also try to not make a debate personal as you had obviously done to me as such bickering only serves to derail any intelligent ideas.

But when you challenge me especially when what I am saying can be verified by anyone who looks it up...it makes me wonder what was your purpose in all this?

Do yourself a favor and if you disagree with someone then just say so...there is never a reason to start getting personal especially with someone you don't even know.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Sigh...you really want me to do this? OK...you seem to desire it.

What you have just posted has absolutely ZERO scientific merit nor does it have a single logical thought. As I stated...an object that has been made uneffected by Gravity will only seem to the observer to fly off rapidly...in reality it is the Planet as well as our Solar System and Galaxy that are in Motion.

As far as your description of MAG LEV...or Magnetic Levitation...THIS IS NOT ANTI-GRAVITY.

Gravity's effect has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGNETICS...Gravity is an expression of One Dimensionality. As example Gravity's effect does infact effect all Matter as well as Energy. Magnetic Effect cannot move a wooden spoon.

If you want me to continue doing this just say so.

Split Infinity

I do have to admit it, you sure can stick your foot in your mouth. Your post has no merit, I didn't give a description of a mag lev, nor did I say that gravity has anything to do with magnetics. Here is what I wrote:

"Anti-gravity is basically the same as two magnetics repelling each other. In Anti-gravity the repulsion would be from the Earth's surface, but if you can create it, you can control it. In most cases, it would be a weak anti-gravity discovery that would only repel so much from the Earth's surface."

I said Anti-gravity is basically the same as two magnets repelling each other, I didn't say magnets can be used to create anti-gravity.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You cannot use an analogy to describe Gravity's effect or lack of by using Magnetics in any way. Magnetic attraction or repulsion is simply Quantum Particle/Wave Form interaction.

Gravity has nothing to do with this as Gravity is a description of Space/Time Geometry.

Do you really want to continue this? No matter how many times or ways you try to justify your statements will not make it true nor will it make you seem like you know what you are talking about.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Incedentally...supposed Aether could be best described as the Dark Matter and Dark Energy interconnective web that ties together our Universe. Since over 80% of Matter and it's effect exist as Dark Matter as well as how Dark Matter is spred through out our Universe in untold numbers of filaments...this could very well what some describe as Aether.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Let's focus on the topic and not on each other please.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

There not much use in comparing aether to dark matter because dark matter is theoretical and is known only because it makes some equations work. Aether is an ancient term for probably a bunch of energy fields and by it's definition, aether is the source of energy rather than the product of something.

For some reason we are blind to the aether: the life force, energy organized as thought. I always wondered if dark matter was thought?

It is not the waters of space, or any known energy. It doesn't belong to space time? It is a heart felt resonance (chi?). It's not the super-ego, but the ego will try to mimic it?

Too many things to confuse the aether with.
Perhaps we could ask the question, what is the most common misconception.
I'd say it was confusing aether for sub-atomic energy fields.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Well since we do know Dark Matter to exist by our determination of it's Gravitic Effect upon Celestial Bodies and even light...it is reasonable to assume and assign to it an existence. Dark Energy is a bit more obscure but again...something is making our Universes Galaxies accelerate.

As far as an all encompassing Force or Field that connects or binds the Biological...I would have to say that is more the Metaphysical area rather than the Scientific.

I believe once we have cracked the Unified Field Theory...UFT...and this will not be known...or public for many many years...we would have a much better understanding of what is going on.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

BTM: There not much use in comparing aether to dark matter because dark matter is theoretical and is known only because it makes some equations work.
RS: Especially when some unseen gravitational phenomenon takes place in outer space.

BTM: Aether is an ancient term for probably a bunch of energy fields and by it's definition, aether is the source of energy rather than the product of something.
RS: I quite agree that the Aether is the source of energy rather than the poduct of something.

BTM: For some reason we are blind to the aether: the life force, energy organized as thought.
RS: You are very good with your wording.

BTM: Too many things to confuse the aether with. Perhaps we could ask the question, what is the most common misconception. I'd say it was confusing aether for sub-atomic energy fields.
RS: I'd say that confusing the aether for sub-atomic energy fields might be possible, but so might confusing sub-atomic energy fields for the aether be possible.

There is a lot of theory behind all of this. Its about time people start eliminating theory and get some hard facts, that's why I started this thread. First the theories will come out, and later, about 30 years from now the hard facts will surface; hahaha.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Aether - a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves

Couldn't this be considered the fabric of space/time? I forget the telescope, but there's one that measured how long it took for high energy and low energy waves that were released at the same time to reach it. The theory is that the Low energy waves, which have much less frequent oscillations aren't disturbed by the roughness of the fabric, but high energy waves which have more contact with the fabric are. Their hypothesis was proven correct. Waves of high energy, released from the same distance as the low energy waves (billions of light years away) arrived seconds later (at least 5 seconds) than the low energy waves. Meaning that the high energy radiation reacted with the lumpy space/time it was traveling through more-so than the low.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
I said Anti-gravity is basically the same as two magnets repelling each other, I didn't say magnets can be used to create anti-gravity.

Well, when you say the first sentence, nearly everybody would seem to mean that means "magnets can be used to create antigravity" unless you have a different notion of "basically the same as" from the rest of the world which you strangely intended to mean "nothing really like".

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Aether - a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves

Couldn't this be considered the fabric of space/time?

No. In its original conception it was viewed as the 'working fluid' of electromagnetics. This notion was experimentally disproven.

I forget the telescope, but there's one that measured how long it took for high energy and low energy waves that were released at the same time to reach it. The theory is that the Low energy waves, which have much less frequent oscillations aren't disturbed by the roughness of the fabric, but high energy waves which have more contact with the fabric are. Their hypothesis was proven correct. Waves of high energy, released from the same distance as the low energy waves (billions of light years away) arrived seconds later (at least 5 seconds) than the low energy waves. Meaning that the high energy radiation reacted with the lumpy space/time it was traveling through more-so than the low.

I thought there was a very recent experimental result which said the opposite---that the dispersion of free space is very very very small and probably zero, invalidating a number of theories.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I believe once we have cracked the Unified Field Theory...UFT...and this will not be known...or public for many many years...we would have a much better understanding of what is going on.

I see no unified field. The closest I am aware of is the basic geometric solids.

The perspective you use is always going to be relevant.

I don't think that science is edging closer to a unified set of equations the way it's headed because it can't write itself out of it's current equations.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

RS: Especially when some unseen gravitational phenomenon takes place in outer space.

Those are etheric planets. They are not material but all material things have an etheric pattern. Ed. Like Vulcan?

I'd say that confusing the aether for sub-atomic energy fields might be possible, but so might confusing sub-atomic energy fields for the aether be possible.

You said a lot
edit on 9-1-2013 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Couldn't this be considered the fabric of space/time? I forget the telescope, but there's one that measured how long it took for high energy and low energy waves that were released at the same time to reach it. The theory is that the Low energy waves, which have much less frequent oscillations aren't disturbed by the roughness of the fabric, but high energy waves which have more contact with the fabric are. Their hypothesis was proven correct. Waves of high energy, released from the same distance as the low energy waves (billions of light years away) arrived seconds later (at least 5 seconds) than the low energy waves. Meaning that the high energy radiation reacted with the lumpy space/time it was traveling through more-so than the low.

I think the aether is the fabric of space time.

Extremely low energy waves can pass through more things than what extremely high energy waves can.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Well, when you say the first sentence, nearly everybody would seem to mean that means "magnets can be used to create antigravity" unless you have a different notion of "basically the same as" from the rest of the world which you strangely intended to mean "nothing really like".

It was used only as a reference, since it is easy to see it in ones minds eye as being similar in action.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont usually post one-liners,but, I think maybe this topic should be brought up in the Research Forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join