It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi Everyone! I won't be alone this Christmas, but I have spent many a Christmas alone or separated from friends and family in the past. Several of them were because I was deployed for military service, which isn't really alone, but because of the situation is lonely. You know the difference.

I want to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays to all of you out there.

reply to post by neformore

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Here in the UK, it's a dank 11.45am with the occasional-flurry of rain and re-runs of
1979 'Top Of The Pops' with a healthy-looking Micheal Jackson singing 'Blame It On
The Boogie'!!
But here on the internet, BIAD and myself enjoy a weather-less world of friends and cyber
-family...

The world is a smaller place these days.

It certainly is a smaller place these days. Because of the internet I've had to wish friends Merry Christmas in six different languages on Facebook already. LOL

The other day I got to wondering why people were wishing me Happy Birthday a day early and I finally realized it was my birthday already in The Phillipines and Australia.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just one more thing : I WANT to be alone one Christmas. Just for one year, not to have to put up with the daft idea that I should have to meet some of my family for a religious date that none of us are even involved in! Just to have some peace and quiet for a change and not have to feel like I'm faking things.

Hopefully it'll happen one year for the right reasons.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by christophersupertramp

I was... my Mother-In-Law has arrived and I'm attempting Time-Travel!!!

That made me giggle .

I remember talking about mothers in law to a guy at work . He said " My mother in law is an angel " . I replied " You're lucky . Mine is still alive "

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Just to have some peace and quiet for a change and not have to feel like I'm faking things.

If you know how to enjoy ANY situation and see a bright side you will never be "faking it". Putting a brave face on things is a sign of consideration for others around you, it's your gift to others.

You're here, we're here, THIS IS CHRISTMAS...HO HO HO!

Glad you're here and I raise my glass to you and all on ATS.

It's an annual ATS tradition to post on xmas day and create one, big, global group hug, especially for those of us who spend it alone.

Love love love love love love love.....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Streaming Christmas Radio.

Xmas Radio Online

Not too cheesy and festive feeling gooey memory hugs.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47

reply to post by christophersupertramp

I was... my Mother-In-Law has arrived and I'm attempting Time-Travel!!!

That made me giggle .

I remember talking about mothers in law to a guy at work . He said " My mother in law is an angel " . I replied " You're lucky . Mine is still alive "

Sitting here, listening to stories about the Second World war, places where she'd lived
and odd-yarns of how she acquired this year's gifts... well, shall we say it creates
discipline.

Luckily, I can reach for my laptop and spend a few moments in ATS!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all. I will be spending the day with my family so I won't be alone this year. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, stay safe and don't over do it with the egg nog.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
OMG!

I just opened one of the pressies from my mum...

She's painted a wonderful watercolour picture of my ramshackled old French farmhouse. All framed and she even gave me a hook to hang it on.

Dang she's talented. Thanks mum.

"Simly having a wonderful xmas time" just came on the radio.

THANKS ALL FOR SHARING.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Kids are home from school. The house smells of good things. Cats are all over playing with their new toy. Having a peaceful but hectic day. Went to midnite mass, so just eatting, football and peace today.

I too have spent some lonely times at Christmas, but this year I am blessed with the presents of the season. Childrens love. No matter how old they get, having them at home Christmas morning just makes it all better.

Bless you all.
Crappiekat.

P.S. Santa brought us a new gas powered auger. Hope we get to use it this year. Last year the ice was too soft and not enough of it.

link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thats cool

I should be so lucky.... my parents usually buy me a voucher....

link   
I have been lucky the past several years to have the love of my life with me on X-mas; even if I had to work on X-mas I was able to come home and be with her after.

Yet, when I was younger I spend many X-mas`s alone. Sometimes by choice and other times not by choice. This year I have been lucky to be able to actually be off work for X-mas. I slept in a little late, edited a video for upload on Youtube, drank some beer and went out in the evening with my gal. It was a lazy, but very enjoyable X-mas this year for me.

I would say to everyone to not worry about being alone on X-mas. Just like the OP said, ATS will always welcome you. There is actually a great community on ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Last year, I spent the day alone. Few online that I wanted anything to do with and was a little strapped for cash. And after sitting around all day, I decided around 8pm that I was hungry. Drove around a bit and nothing in town was open, so I drove down to Hamilton. Again nothing of interest was open except a gas station, of which I needed to partake just for the gas. After walking in, I was blessed by not seeing any roller dogs on the rollers as someone had them earlier.

A bit more driving and I found a Gold Star Chili that was open. Looking around the place, there were some younger people working, the oldest may have been 28. All of them women and all of them brunette, which was odd as there are plenty of bleach bottle blondes (that act a little trashy) to be found in Hamilton. But despite looking tired and a little upset that they were working a minimum wage job on Christmas night serving we poor dregs of society that had nothing better to do than to venture out in the cold on Christmas, thus forcing someone to work for our inability/desire/foresight to have food to cook for ourselves.

Myself, I had a three way (which is Cincinnati-speak for chili spaghetti with cheese) regretting that I could have had a steak dinner with extended family because I just didn't feel like getting out earlier that day. The meal was good and the service was excellent. And despite only having a bill of $9, I told her to keep the change from my last $20 as I was thankful they were open...and payday was coming soon enough.

But that was last year....this year I had planned to drive up and visit Mom and Dad, my sister and brother-in-law and their three boys for the first time in years. That trip was cancelled this morning after hearing about the coming snowstorm that will arrive later tonight. With freezing rain and a forecast of 7-10 inches of snow, the Mustang is only good for wrapping around a tree. So, time to dig through the record collection and play a little Prince:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks, I'm away for work and won't be home until Jan 2nd, this makes me feel a little better about the holidays.
This is my 8th consecutive Christmas working...'sigh'

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
To anyone who is by their self today and missing the company of family and friends I hope you can remember that Jesus is always with you and in you. He will gladly share your day with you.

Merry Christmas to all! It's a great day to count your blessings.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm alone as well. It doesn't even feel like Christmas anymore these past 10 years, and Christmas was always my favorite holiday. As a kid, even into my teens and early 20's I would leave Christmas lights up in my bedroom all year round, I just loved it.

Now as I get older, it just gets more depressing every year.

Thanks again though for this thread, and to all the others who are alone, be safe, hopefully things will be better this coming New Year

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm alone as well. It doesn't even feel like Christmas anymore these past 10 years, and Christmas was always my favorite holiday. As a kid, even into my teens and early 20's I would leave Christmas lights up in my bedroom all year round, I just loved it.

Now as I get older, it just gets more depressing every year.

Hang on to the memories and feed them when the time comes.

S'why I still do a traditional xmas dinner even when I'm on my own.

Coming here each xmas always puts a smile on my face too.

Merry xmas Nola213, you are with friends.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Alone this xmas because of of a bad choice in companionship(wife) I can pretend its no big deal but its a searing pain.I have never had a good family so whn i got married I hoped to make my own family .ah well.merry Xmas to those who are having a merry one.can't remember a good one for me though

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year. May 2013 bring you much joy and God bless you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wishing you all, my ATS family, a new year with HOPE!

Quite some time ago, when I living in a big city, I thought the city was the lonliest place of all on Holidays -- surrounded by people and yet feeling isolated. Sometimes I'd choose those times to commune with nature. Had no money for travel, so I would visit different parks, sometimes packing a lunch -- anything to break the rhythm of my thoughts.

Then I realized that no matter how bad I thought things were, hell, at least I had a small place to live, and I had two pairs of shoes, and I wasn't starving. I starting volunteering for shelter duty and other related things during the holidays, and you know what? no........ what? I started to get a bit of hope, and I think hope is contagious.

From then on, I decided to get out, do some good somewhere, make my miniscule changes in the fabric. Sometimes I just chose to be on my own.

Thanks to everyone who posted..... restoring our faith in the goodness of people, and sharing of yourselves. We are not truly alone, unless we choose it.

Hope someone infects you with hope too!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join