It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
I'm alone. Totally alone. No friends. No family. I've been a "shut in" for a number of years. The internet and sites like this are pretty much my only connection to the outside world. It looks like I will end up living on the street starting sometime in this next year. I am completely terrified.

After waking up this was the first place I came. I read the pages posted after I went to bed. And yours made me cry as soon as I read it.

I know your fear. I felt it last Christmas. And I after a year (or so) homeless I want you to kn ow your not alone. It can be overwhelming.

but it can also be freeing . Need advice or a shoulder let me know.

Ill be here all day

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My ex-wife ran off with someone who I thought was a friend of mine and immediately got remarried to him.

I never saw it coming and really thought we were happy together.

Anyway, I gave up almost of all my friends because of her insecurities and now I feel completely alone.

Anyone care to be a drinking buddy with me later today?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here it is. Hope you all enjoy. I think Nef might get a kick out of it.. My area 51 story. Nothing crazy, but still a fun camping trip... With a ufo ..or two.. or eight....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
My ex-wife ran off with someone who I thought was a friend of mine and immediately got remarried to him.

Anyway, I gave up almost of all my friends because of her insecurities and now I feel completely alone.

I had the same situation almost. though she stayed with me. But my wife cheated on my with a co worker of both of ours. I know that pain. You went through worse.. But I still know that pain. I found out by finding a secret phone. The feeling of almost falling to the floor losing all feeling in your body. Nothing can take that pain away except for time...

But you need to learn and improve yourself. Because the right one is out there. But you might miss her if you don't start worrying about you for once!!! Sometimes its just gotta be all about you. You've lived trying to make others happy, how about you for a change?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

man I understand this too. After my relationship ended this October I realized I had let all my friends slip and her friends took their place

But after she left so did those "friends" . and I found myself alone again.

Since then I am trying to rekindle some of those friendships I lost (as much as I hate to say this ty Facebook)

hang in there .

Eta though I can't make it to the east coast and dont drink im going to have a beer for you
edit on 25-12-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

I really love your avatar, is reminds me of me in terms of what I was trying to achieve with mine!

Your use of the word equanimous as an anagram was wonderful I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Someone earlier in this thread said they cried a little bit, and so too have I, just a little bit, and what comes to me is this passage, which I think belongs here in this thread.

"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted."

No one's really ALONE especially not with the type of people here in this thread expressing their love and encouragement.

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hey everybody Im glad to see people finding company here on Ats. I just wanted to share my day so far, hope it brings a smile to someone who could use it.

Started the day off with my cup of coffee and a doughnut, started a walking dead marathon (not traditional but eh..).
I had a nice phone call with the sis until the cat came up to me and wanted to be petted, I naturally obliged.
Then she proceeded to urinate (spray) me and the couch ..... in a blink of an eye the kitty had managed to I assume empty the entire contents of her bladder in a super soaker like manner.

Thats never happened before, her box is clean so I guess its an Xmas miracle....

So if your alone this year remember all the fine and lovely folks here in the same situation that will keep you company. And if that doesnt help remember at least you havent been used as a personal litter box today

Cheers Everybody -CitizenJack

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10
reply to post by tpg47

Just checked out your site - awesome pics dude, something to be proud of!! Are you on Flickr?

Mine aren't as good but then I'm still learning lol + I had to sell my camera to buy food....doh

edit on 25-12-2012 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much . I'm so sorry you had to sell your camera,
Please look me up on Flickr .

Merry Christmas .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know how you feel , my friend .
I'll be around around here for a while yet .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I like Christmas music quite a bit, and this year, one song kind of stuck with me....
I suppose this is the sentiment that I'm most in tune with at this time.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!

edit on 25-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OK, I'm down. Are you flying to So Cal, or am I flying to Michigan???

The weather is better out here I suppose.
What are we drinking?

Hang in there, Brother, it gets better. Time does indeed heal all wounds.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Just because they are older doesn't mean they are done. If they aren't in pain and still show life, please keep them with you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Steffenfield

Hey fellow michigander, thats a rough story. I have been there tho. I was in the military engaged to my high school sweetheart down in mississippi while she stayed up here. It started with my friends calling telling me that (she who shall not be named ) was hanging around with (he who shall not be named), I thought they were trying to drive a wedge because she would never do that....

Well my sisters called me to tell me they went to a party that she was at at with him.... then my female friends started to call me, so I did some investigation and I was being naive because she indeed was being a community bicycle ( i hope thats not a t&c violation) So I called it quits and have had trust issue ever since, however time does heal all wounds.

So tonight around 10pm if your game I'll be your drinking buddy and do a shot of jager and you can choose your poison. I'll propose a toast to time and old wounds .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh update, I posted pics of me and my wife camping at area 51! k last plug to the ufo story thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm alone right now...but eventually go see family. I'll still feel alone though:/ sucks because I won't have wifi so I can't bring ATS with me

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So here it is MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody's having fun.....

Look to the future now IT'S ONLY JUST BEGuuuu uuu uuuuuun!

IT'S CHrRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISMAAAAAAAAAAS!

Thank goodness for ATS.

Bless you all.

Tipsy.
Well fed.
Nostalgic.
Alone, but not.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That's got to be about the funniest story I've ever shared at ATS. It was quite the experience last Christmas through New Years let me tell you, oh I already did too late.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Well when you get done with your real family you'll have us your extended dysfunctional internet family.

Weve got crazy uncles here, grandpas with war stories, sweet old ladies who care about each and everyone of us, the black sheep, the one cousin who is loud just for attention, the sibling who is awesome at every thing they do and plenty more.

Hope you can handle both in one day.
Merry Xmas.

-CitizenJack

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Sounds good to me!
aww I love you guys^_^ haha thanks and merry christmas!

I wish ATS was an actual physical place like a huge building or something and all the members can come in and hang out and talk about all kinds of crazy stuff.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Right?

Its one of the greatest virtual places on the Planet.....

You are NEVER alone. Just remember that......

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join