It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJusticeforme
Alone this xmas because of of a bad choice in companionship(wife) I can pretend its no big deal but its a searing pain.I have never had a good family so whn i got married I hoped to make my own family .ah well.merry Xmas to those who are having a merry one.can't remember a good one for me though

Keep smiling my friend . Life can change on a dime .
Remember , you are never truly alone here .
ATS has brightened my day and I will always be grateful for being able to share a few words with you guys today .

Merry Christmas .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am now with my mum, I'll be cooking etc. And thinking about you guys. I have been alone with the holidays in the past, it sucks kind of. But hey at least a lot of countries don't have a second Christmas day as here in Holland.

I want to do a prosperity intention meditation again today. I'll post it now in another forum. The other day I did it for love and we felt it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Watching "The Grinch" (Jim Carrey)

"Where are you Christmas, why can't I find you?".....

It HERE.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nice thought! nothing else needed.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't know whether or not this will be of help to some people , but .

As today was approaching , I was dreading the thought of being alone while thinking of others who would be surrounded by people they love , enjoying the festivities and all that goes with it .
This year has been the worst year of my life . The official ending of a 14 year marriage , then losing the one true love of my life ( a girl I knew at school , who I met by chance after I separated from my wife , three years ago ) .
I have spent the last three months wallowing in my own self pity . Drinking too much and not really caring about anything .
Then today the weirdest thing happened . The day I had been dreading for so long has turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and peaceful days of recent memory and it was all down to this thread .

After reading about other peoples situations I realised that my life is nowhere near as bad as I thought and that I still have a lot of positive things , such as my new website that I have totally neglected recently .

www.terrygrealey.co.uk...

I am resolved to stop feeling sorry for myself and to draw strength from the fact that no matter how bad we may feel our lives are , there is always somebody less fortunate than ourselves who need our help and our strength .

Bless you all for lifting my spirits and making me see what I have in front of me instead of ruing what has passed .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've been fortunate today, for the past 8 years I've spent Christmas alone (although last year there was someone special around) but today my best friend from childhood has come to eat dinner and spend time, so its all good

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This is a really nice post, it is things like this that restore my faith in humanity, I wish I had known about ATS years ago when I was all alone.

This thread deserves a standing ovation

edit on 25/12/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm not quite alone, my son sleeps through the day when he's on holiday so I do feel alone. We haven't done Christmas for about 10 years or so, so I'm used to it now. I still cook Christmas dinner because we have to eat anyway, it's just not the same now the kids have grown up.

I've got ATS, what more could I want? I will have a drink later, I usually do.
Merry Christmas to you all, alone or not.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't mean to go on and on about my ATS Avatar-Background Christmas present lol, but since I'm alone and here with my ATS friends what else is there to do but share something that I'm enthusiastic about in regards to it and it's deeper meaning and significance, perhaps even as it relates to this evening, tonight (of all nights).

Have you ever had one of those experiences that make you go

I am a bit of a night owl and tonight was not much different than any other, aside from the fact that something wanted to be manifested through my awareness in a big way. The result of this new energy running through me can be found in my avatar.

Finally after it was finished I happened upon this thread and posted a response to the OP. I then went to lay down for a brief rest, but was unable to fall asleep. Now I find myself back here looking at this new avatar you are enthusiastic about..

I love it.

The similarities between your avatar and my own caught my attention!

I love using pictures to communicate ideas, I find them to engage part of my consciousness that words have a hard time reaching.

I for one am glad you went on and on about your avatar. If you didn't, I may never have came across it.

After looking it over (many times), I noticed something interesting. Not sure if you are aware of it or not, but I feel the need to share with you what was noticed.

Perhaps this message is for you directly, or maybe it is for someone to stumble upon "accidentally". The numerous synchronicity between events this evening has made sure I share this with someone, whoever they are.

They may even be myself.

Your listed mood "Equanimous" is an anagram for Ousamequin.

Who is that you may ask?

He also went by the name Massasoit Sachem.

LINK

Massasoit Sachem or Ousamequin (c. 1581 – 1661),[1] was the sachem, or leader, of the Wampanoag, and "Massasoit" of the Wampanoag Confederacy. The term Massasoit means Great Sachem.[2]

Forging peace

According to English sources, Massasoit prevented the failure of Plymouth Colony and the almost certain starvation that the Pilgrims faced during the earliest years of the colony's establishment. Moreover, Massasoit forged critical political and personal ties with the colonial leaders.

Children

During this politically promising time, Massasoit had five children: "Moanam", or Wamsutta, who was born sometime between 1621 and 1624; Pometecomet, Metacomet, or Metacom; a third son, Sonkanuchoo; and two daughters, one named Amie and one whose name is unrecorded.

Uneasy alliance

There was some tension between Massasoit and the colonists when they refused to give up Squanto whom Massasoit believed to have betrayed him. This was not resolved until a visit by Edward Winslow to Massasoit in March 1623 when Massasoit was ill [4] and Winslow nursed him. After his recovery, Winslow reports that Massasoit said "the English are my friends and love me." Moreover, Winslow also noted that Massasoit felt duty-bound to observe that "whilst I live I will never forget this kindness they have showed me.

Massasoit was humane and honest, never violated his word, and constantly endeavored to imbue his people with a love of peace. He kept the Pilgrims advised of any warlike designs toward them by other tribes.

Perhaps this message was intended to further someones seeking?

If you have any thoughts on the above would you be kind enough express them openly?

Perhaps I can get some sleep now.

Merry Christmas NAM

edit on 25-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Whew!, nearly forgot the PAXO stuffing roasted balls.

Close call.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Good times...My smoking hot wife was called into work to cocktail at her high end restaurant int he Aria hotel on the Vegas strip. You'd be surprised how busy Vegas gets on Christmas... So we celebrated our xmas this past xmas eve until well now 730am xmas day watching old school Christmas movies... I moved our bed-set to the living room. So we had a nice fireplace going with the 65'' tv over it on the mantle. Then made her xmas wish come true. We had 1965 (something like that) Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer and Frosty the snowman going while we were almost camped out with our fire and our two puppas in the bed loving the fact that momma and daddas bed was in the living room...

But today im going to be alone. from 4pm pacific time until she gets off work, prob around 12 am..

Anyone wanna talk moon landing hoax or jfk lol? OR anyone wanna hear a really good UFO story I have fro m camping at Area 51? (Camped there about 60 times. but one time, something in fact happened)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I have one question for you Mr. Locke

What did one snowman say to the other snowman?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourOtherSelf

I have one question for you Mr. Locke

What did one snowman say to the other snowman?

Smells like carrots....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes please, I'd like to hear your UFO story, I think it's interesting how our real life stories are so different from each other. While camping at area 51, sounds good already, I'm looking forward to this.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

Just checked out your site - awesome pics dude, something to be proud of!! Are you on Flickr?

Mine aren't as good but then I'm still learning lol + I had to sell my camera to buy food....doh

edit on 25-12-2012 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01

Yes please, I'd like to hear your UFO story, I think it's interesting how our real life stories are so different from each other. While camping at area 51, sounds good already, I'm looking forward to this.

Not sure if its considered off topic.... I defer to Nef on this one... If hes cool with a story, then Ill type it out for all to read

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Maybe do a thread in the Grey Area
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...if it was a personal experience....as long as the telling is T&C compliant, of course

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Maybe do a thread in the Grey Area
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...if it was a personal experience....as long as the telling is T&C compliant, of course

Sure why not... Is it cool to put a link here for those to check it out?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

sounds like a plan, ....now, back to our regularly scheduled topic

If you are alone this Christmas....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by robhines
Just to have some peace and quiet for a change and not have to feel like I'm faking things.

If you know how to enjoy ANY situation and see a bright side you will never be "faking it". Putting a brave face on things is a sign of consideration for others around you, it's your gift to others.

Yeah I like that too. To just be a decent person despite not fully agreeing with the situation is fine by me. Well said.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join