Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
First Christmas since my spouse died. I'll be doing nothing but drinking and crying and I don't intend to sober up for several days. Crying hurts too much when you're sober. Anyway, I suppose we all have bad ones.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame

:-(

I will be praying for you today.. And sending much love and hugs your way x

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If you are alone this Christmas, turn the pillow over because its cooler on the other side.
Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

if you feel pain then youre still alive. i have never met my mother in law due to a bad moon rising. if my wife fell then so would i

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Had to break away and sleep, and what a great gift for Christmas this one turned out to be. Top thread on Christmas Day, a real sense of spirit and, having read the preceding pages a huge sense of community!

My hat is tipped to each and every one of you!

Lets keep this up folks. There may be more out there we can help lift a little just by saying hi, and if you are alone and you haven't contributed here yet what are you waiting for? Come make some new friends

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I am so sorry my dear...I know loosing the loved ones hurts a lot, i have lost a few myself...But believe me it is not the end of the world.I am sure you will slowly get over that and find someone to love and care and someday you will only have happy memories of your spouse in your memory...Until then be strong and stay rational...I don't know if you are an spiritual person or not but believing in some larger than life being helps you calm down and cope with the situation ...we all wish you a merry Christmas and better times to come.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

hail!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately being alone is not something to be proud of and even having all of the people on ATS is really no substitute for actual human contact! Our Lives should not be burdened by having to be alone, especially on the holidays! Humans are social beings and most do not do well being by themselves! I wish we all knew what love is like especially on the holidays! I must say that no matter how bad things are there is always something that can be worse! So I must say to you if you are alone to go out to where there are people. Does not matter where as long as they are around you! If you are a relgious person you may find some comfort in a christmas mass! If you like to drink maybe a bar! I wish the world was a more loving place for all of us! Until then it's up to each of us to bring what we can into the lives of others less fortunate! You might bring joy into your life by bringing joy into someone elses! Maybe buy a gift for a child that's less fortunate! God Bless ATS and all those alone on this time of year, please try and have a merry Christmas! Do what you can to bring others into your life so this will be your last holiday you spend alone!
I wish the world would love to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world some joy and keep it company!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have a full house but, I was secretly wishing for a few moments of alone time because I am overwhelmed ;-) I'm stuffed from all the holiday food and treats....and I'm kinda drunk! I was staring at the fireplace wishing some of my relatives would stfu! (What? I meant "fudge") :-P

Merry Christmas, you crazy kids!! And its already come and gone but, Happy Hanukkah!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am not really alone this Christmas but I did want to come on and let you all know my heart is so full from reading your posts. I am sending out a warm cyber embrace to everyone, especially anyone going through pain. We are here for you.
Funnily, as I woke up on the Eve I decided I was going to project and radiate love to everyone throughout the day-- it was awesome! People started smiling, birds flocked around me, and animals came close. That love is meant for all of you too! We are all connected so intricately and delicately.
Merry Christmas guys! Love to all

ps.. great thread! Thanks so much for posting it
edit on 25-12-2012 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
To those who will spend Xmas alone,

Do not be sad, dear ones. Just know that you have people here on ATS who really do care about you, and will keep you in their thoughts and prayers.

It touches my heart to see so many nice comments on this thread. God bless everybody.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
 חנוכה שמחה השתגעת יהודי‎ ;-)

edit on 25-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Merry Christmas, you crazy kids!! And its already come and gone but, Happy Hanukkah!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)
aww banana oil

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you - that means a lot.

I'm alone - with my animals - but not alone because of you all - and for that I am most fortunate.

Thank you and Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

peace

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Never mind.Don't wanna get banned.
edit on 25-12-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are never alone, BIAD is here and thinking of you...
So sayeth the weirdo in the red dress.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Awesome post, I say Merry Christmas and a blessed any other holiday you celebrate.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Animals are amazing. I wish I had animals of my own.
I'm glad you are spending Christmas at the "paws" of your dearest ones!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hi Folks.

I do this every year - this is a shout out to those people who will be spending Christmas alone this year.

Whatever the reason, be it work, separation from family/friends, loss of loved ones or simple personal choice you should know that on ATS, because of our community you are never alone and are amongst friends. (We may not always see eye to eye with each other of course, but it IS the season of goodwill to all!)

And if you're reading this and feeling alone and down, say Hi in thread and maybe you'll meet some other people here who you can chat to and maybe even make some new friends. We've had life long friendships and marriages born out of ATS so you never know whats gonna happen!.....

I wish you the best Christmas that you can manage. I hope it is a peaceful, warm and happy day

Nef

It's nice to spend Christmas alone, especially if there's no one better to spend it with.

Merry X'mas to all and here's to more compelling discussions in the coming year.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Half past nine here in a very damp UK. Lots of people flooded out. So my best wishes to all on this special day. (All shops are closed!)

I will be opening different bottles of red throughout the day, each from a different country, so I will have a world tour as I sample each, enjoying thinking of where it comes from.

Have a good day everyone.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join