It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+186 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi Folks.

I do this every year - this is a shout out to those people who will be spending Christmas alone this year.

Whatever the reason, be it work, separation from family/friends, loss of loved ones or simple personal choice you should know that on ATS, because of our community you are never alone and are amongst friends. (We may not always see eye to eye with each other of course, but it IS the season of goodwill to all!)

And if you're reading this and feeling alone and down, say Hi in thread and maybe you'll meet some other people here who you can chat to and maybe even make some new friends. We've had life long friendships and marriages born out of ATS so you never know whats gonna happen!.....

I wish you the best Christmas that you can manage. I hope it is a peaceful, warm and happy day

Nef

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hey Nef!

I'll be alone by choice but I won't be fully alone cause I'll be on here

Hope you have a Merry Christmas yourself!

I plan on just relaxing after my mom leaves in the morning. She is coming by for an hour on her way to my sisters and that will be the highlight of my day. Last year I was alone too and spent it at Denny's for dinner talking to my fiancee online via Skype. It wasn't a bad Christmas because I just wanted to spend time with him and did in a sense.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm blessed to have my kids over this year. It was a last minute decision.

I wish you all a nice relaxing day. God knows we could all is one.

Cheers.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Tomorrow (Christmas) I will be spending the first half of the day alone; and in the evening for a time; I will be with friends.

ATS has become very important to me.

I send out a (big Christmas hug) to everyone on ATS.

Thank you all for being here and challenging me. You make life more interesting!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good looking out sir, holidays can be rough. My last few were, this year not so much but either way if I had ATS back then it would have made been slightly more bearable. (although I was a lurker this time last year)

ATS getting you though reptile invasions, Apocalypses, elections, earthquakes, and the Holidays

Happy Holidays to all Atsers.
edit on 24-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I will not be with my family this year for Christmas due to the $500.00-$700.00 dollars that I cannot afford in airline tickets.

It's a sad thing when money separates family from each other.

Good thing is, I will have my fiancee's family to enjoy Christmas with. Them and ATS

I want to wish Merry Christmas to every member on ATS, and I hope that everyone's holiday is filled with love, laughter, and light.

~Quyll

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hi Nef,

I'm not exactly alone (I have my husband and aging mother-in-law), but this is the first Christmas in 27 years that I haven't either of my children with me for the holidays, and it was making me very blue, indeed.

However, your post has snapped me out of it. There are people who are truly alone, and have nobody during this time of year. I am grateful for the little family that is here, and even more grateful for the family that is elsewhere, missing me as much as I miss them.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wonderful sentiments Nef. I am blessed as my wife and kids will be with me, but I am sure I will be dropping into the boards like always. This is, by far, the best online community I have ever had the privilege of participating in and I am thankful it is here.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

As a side note, I feel I have been truly blessed this year. All I really wanted was a white Christmas and the weathermen said Friday and Saturday that there would be no snow...well guess what? It is hammering down snow right now. I think someone up there heard my small request and delivered something wonderful for me...in my mind, there is nothing quite like a white Christmas...

Best wishes to all....Peace on earth...Good will toward men....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Nice thread...good idea!!

Christmas is tough for a lot of people.

I'm spending Christmas with some friends 2mrw - if it wasn't for them I would have been alone....

its overrated anyway lol thank [snip] its only 1 day....

edit on 25/12/12 by argentus because: censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hey Nef, I won't be alone on xmas day because i'll have my kids over, but they go back boxing day
(my birthday)...Also new years eve will be a quiet one for me.

Merry Xmas to all members and mods of ATS
edit on 24/12/2012 by andypb because: Spelling

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My husband off 33 years wants a divorce. I will have Christmas with family, but without him I am devestated and sorrowful. My thoughts and heart are with you all. Wishing you peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nice thread =)

Well, I am not going to be alone- But this is the first time my Wife and I are not going to be seeing any family.

I sincerely thought I would not be as bothered by this as I (apparently) am. Took my Vacation last week and had a total blast which led to an "End of the World party" on the 21st. I was in excellent Spirits... But this morning it really, really hit me.

The "usual" routine of Celebrating with my Mom, Dad and Sister on Christmas Eve is just not happening- While everyone is gathered around the table for a feast we will not be there.

So yes, I feel "kind of" alone as this is a totally new experience and the first Christmas in 37 years that is working out like this.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I love seeing this thread every year.

As usual, I will be alone. This year I will be alone Xmas eve with a nice dinner and a bottle of wine and I will be working Xmas Day. More than likely I will just work New Years eve and New years day as well.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or whatever Holiday you choose to celebrate or not celebrate. Happy Holidays all.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Merry christmass to all of yous, alone or not.

God bless one and all

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not fond of talking about personal stuff that are harder to talk about. I am lucky, I will be leaving out soon to have supper with a very good friend and then return home to enjoy the purring of my cats.

But before I did go out, I stumbled on this thread and just wanted to drop by and say Thank You, Neformore.

And a Happy Holidays to All !!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Very nice thread!

I unfortunately will be spending most of Xmas day alone, but sometimes it is nice to hear people, even if you don't personally know them wish well on everyone. So having said that may you all have happy holidays and peace and happiness be with you

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the sentiment.

I am alone this year, as well as the foreseeable years ahead. I don't choose to be, but life hasn't seen fit to bless me with the things I want most, like a family or real friends. I've spent the better part of 2 hours today wallowing in self pity and tears, and I plan to recommence that activity once my ass starts to hurt from this chair. No need to pity me though, I do enough. 29 years of isolation from anything resembling a connection with another human has given me a very cynical view of the world, but for some reason the holidays make me weep because I can actually feel the love in the air, and I know none of it is for me.

edit on 24-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Matt, You are NEVER alone on ATS. There is always someone online. Reach out and make some new friends

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Very thoughtful, thank you. Yes, I will be alone tomorrow, and not by choice. I moved to California nearly 3 years ago, and I couldn't afford to go back East for Christmas this year. Even my room mates are out of town, so I'm alone in the apatment. I am going to dinner with a couple of friends this evening however.
My father died earlier this year, and I've been thinking a lot about that. I have dreaded the holidays this year, but I will keep my chin up and make the most of it.

I'm glad that someone out there has the insight to understand that there are those of us who can't be with our families at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thank you Neff

Merry Christmas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join