It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Any ATS'ers in New York or CT?
edit on 24-12-2012 by johnnyl22 because: edit

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
sending out a christmas hug to everyone alone... i'll be spending the 'working' part of xmas with my 2 boys, but then they're going off with their respective girlfriends and i'll be alone, but i'm ok with it, i'm used to being alone and i don't mind it so much

hope all of you have a lovely christmas, whatever situation you're in

*hugs*

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am alone and this year will be a little different to other years. I was born an orphan and was adopted but that union was fraught with problems and dissolved. My adopted parents buried three Children by the time I was fifteen - you cannot expect them to be undamaged.

However I get on with my life and have looked after myself since I was eighteen. Fast forward and I return to study and become a Police officer. I become involved with my first serious partnership only to be devastated seven years later. He lies has an affair (with a woman who walked out on her husband and three Children) and literally runs out of our jointly purchased home. I learn that I have been living with a narcissist - someone who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder - he did not physically or sexually abuse me but there were behaviours that I dismissed - silly me!

Fast forward again as I rebuild my life and continue my studies and become a Teacher. I have found where I am meant to be - in a classroom. Fast forward a little more and my world is destroyed - completely - on every level because I adhere to my professional Teacher training and make a Mandatory Report.

Short lesson on what a Mandatory Report is for those who don't know. It is the forwarding of information relative to Child abuse - psychology has taught us that paedophiles and predators are very careful not to be witnessed in action and we also know that Children won't speak out - mostly due to threats to remain silent.

So - here we are - over the last two years I have fought the 'system' so to speak. I have to maintain confidentiality with regards to the actual information but I am actually seven chapters into my book. (Have considered approaching the moderators to see whether I could serialise it in a thread here on ATS.)

Essentially I have been branded as mentally ill - despite the fact I have seven medical professionals who state otherwise - including three psychiatrists - with two medical professionals who treated me when I was hospitalised several years ago. All in all I am not quitting this fight.

Today is Christmas day in Australia and even though I have had many Christmas days alone this one is different. I have been victimised and bullied for two years all because I put the welfare of Children first. The people who manufactured - yes - manufactured my situation will be sitting down to vast amounts of food and surrounded by many people and - I - will not even feature in their thoughts. They deign to call themselves Christian - yes - my situation involves the Catholic church.

I knew there would be people here on ATS and last year I received a Christmas card on my board - which is a great show of kindness particularly in that I am not much more than a stranger to the person who sent it. I have no money because I was prevented my return to work - over two years - I was finally terminated and no reason in the spaces provided on the official document. I have no family and the only reason I have survived is because of my personal physician - who has never stopped supporting me and one work colleague who is a witness from the beginning. I will win this fight!!

Today is another day and I am going to be stronger because of the challenges placed in front of me. I have walked into hell to be with Children and I will not walk out without them. No arguement.

Thank you for listening via my words. The only reason I can be more open about my situation is because I declined an offer of six months pay - if I had accepted the money I would HAVE to sign a document that stipulates my silence on what transpired. You have no idea what is going into my book - it will make your head spin. It makes my head spin and I am living it!!

Much Peace...to everyone, everyday of the year, forever...
edit on 24-12-2012 by Amanda5 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I hope you enjoy the holidays and a happy new year.... Everyone who is alone or thinks they are alone .... I want to tell you that you are not alone. You can call on me if needed ...... I actually avoid family this time of the year. I have a problem with the "so called" Christians and others who ignore you for 10-11 months of the year and talk to you at Christmas like "family" is the all important thing in their life .......... I don't expect to be in the front or even the middle of their mind but when they only talk/call during the holiday season puts me outback!

I want everyone to know that they can call on me all the year round and I will help if I can. Just message me and I will help if I can ......

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I've got Pink Floyd to help get me through the holidays this year

2nd...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank you Neff! I am alone at the moment, kinda sucks. My kids are with their dad for the christmas break. Seeing as I only get 2 breaks through the year(chistmas break and a few weeks during the summer) it is bitter sweet. I wish you and all ATS members a wonderful holiday. Love to all!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hang in there!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am a lonely Jedi this Christmas.
I will be eating Christmas dinner alone, and opening presents I bought for myself.

I lost my mother to cancer six years ago on Dec. 16th, and I can't think of a harder Xmas to get through than that one was for me. This year, I lost the family I was trying have a long life with, to the Darkside.

Lonely is the life of a Jedi. I am sad to not be spending this holiday with loved ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you Sonnny1!
Love Dean Martin...that put a smile on my face.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A lovely thread Nef, a truly lovely thread.

To all of those who feel alone right now remember that here, on ATS, you certainly are amongst friends. We may not always see eye to eye, but we're friends nonetheless. And we care greatly about each other here too.

To all of the great friends I've met here, and to all of those feeling down right now, I wish you all a truly Merry Christmas filled with fun and laughter. And if ever anyone needs a shoulder to cry on, or someone to chat to, my PM inbox is always open to you.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Rising Against because: Added a link.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I lost my 52 year old husband 5 months ago. I am horribly sad this year

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
happy yuletide to you all

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'm available also. If anyone wants or needs to talk......

My U2U is ALWAYS open.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you.

I am alone this Christmas by choice. I grew up in a "way too freaking large" family and I got my fair share of all that stuff to last me the rest of my entire life. I don't see being alone as bad or good. I just know that I am content where I am right now and I kind of enjoy being alone for Christmas because I can make all the rules, eat what I want and when I want, watch what I want on TV. Not have to get into any drama or learn anything disturbing about another family member and have to fake the funk with them. I don't have to break up any fights. I don't have to use casual conversation to compete with my siblings on who has the better life. I don't have to worry about anything at all. I am having a great Christmas Holiday.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you Sonnny1!
Love Dean Martin...that put a smile on my face.

Glad I could put that smile on for ya!

Im so old.......

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
hello evryone and a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all !

im one of the lucky ones ill be spending christmas with loved ones this year , wether it be by choice or not , no one should be alone on christmas ! the majority of people go crazy over presents and material things , for me its not about that and it shouldent be about that ! , christmas is to be around people ( family and loved ones if possible ) to enjoy life , to enjoy friendships , to enjoy eachothers company , and to be thankfull that we are here on this earth and we can be happy
!
so alone or not , reach out to the ones you love , reach out to EVRYONE

much respect for this thread op
thank you

we are never truly alone , we have eachother

merry xmas ATS

Rascal

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thank you Nef, for reminding us that none of us are truly alone.

I'm gonna be home throughout the holiday, sick as a dog with the flu. I know the physical misery can't compare the the loneliness, but as many other have said, now would be the best time to reach out and make a new friend.

I'll be on throughout the holidays, so if anyone needs an ear, I'm more than willing to chat. Besides, you can't get the flu through the internet!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Last year I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day alone and in the hospital...my husband and I were both scared and overwhelmed and yet festivities went on all around us, without us. It was pretty surreal.

All I can say is what a difference a year makes when you have a little hope and faith.

I wish you all peace, hope and faith...know that you are not alone...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm just a lonely jew on Christmas....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

OUCH! THAT hurt ME.. And I'm a long time ATS'r. Sorry for THAT.

I'm home alone in Lake Tahoe and wifey and kids are in Southern Cal. I'm home alone with my 2 best friends that spent the last 13 years with me through thick and thin. I'm talking THICK and Thin.

It was 13 years ago I put both my other Labradors down on the same morning, and helped the Vet in assisted induced death the same week I opened a new restaraunt. These guys have been through all of it, and it'll be their last Xmas.

I can't let them live much longer just because I can't say goodbye.
Somehow they know. Kinda tough. The LAST time at the Vet was tough. This will be tougher.

I know their just dogs, but they're MY dogs. They got me though a lot of *hit.
I have a strong emotional attachement and I don't want to let go. Lab's at 13 years old done good.

Oh well.

Some of these loneliness stories are hard to read. Sorry you people. Sincerly.

I just want my dogs to have IMMORTALITY LIKE I WANT!
Is that asking too much?

Thanks ATS for letting me vent,and Happy Holiday's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join