It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Matt, I used to live in Western, MA... it can be a quiet area. I hope you can connect with some people out there.

I want to move back that way. If and when I do, I will see if you are still on here.

Have a good Christmas! At least there was snow... I get a lot of brown and dust!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Merry Christmas all. My 3rd Christmas without my wife who passed May 2010. I have the good thoughts though and will get through this Christmas.

I sure will! I hate being sad. There's so many people that are in a bad way in the world. We here are lucky to be even here on this ATS board/forum whatever

Anyway. Me and my cat are hanging and just trying to be thankful that we have lots of Tuna in the kitchen.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've been alone for Christmas, and almost every holiday for the last 4 years now, but not this year, maybe it was chance, or just luck, perhaps fate, but this year I was with my kids, for the past two and a half days. I really had lost the feeling and completely forgot what I have been missing. I consider it a prayer answered. With this time came the return, a flood actually, of memories of Christmas' past. And the somewhat painful feelings that come with thoughts of all of those that I missed. I'm not sure which is worse, being alone all of those times, or the regret for the times that I missed. Today I wasn't alone, and that was the best gift I have EVER been given.

Sadly, tomorrow my journey will continue, I have to leave and return to life on the road, but this time is my last. By January I'm done, and back with my family for as long as I can be....

Christmas should be more than just another day, but my experiences with past holidays alone has shown me, that when you are alone, especially away from home, it is always just another day.

I wish you all a happy Christmas, regardless of where you are and whether you are alone or not.

NEVER take anything for granted.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ATS is great! Some create threads when they are in need of kind words or a pick me up, and other ATSers always come through. Of course, half of us love to hate the other half but that's the nature of internet forums. I've learned since I've been an ATSer that I must take time away from ATS. Whether it be days or weeks at a time, everything must be used in moderation, even the addictive ATS. It's just better for our minds and souls to get away from this stressful internet world every once in a while.

For those that are on one of your "I can't get away from ATS" periods and happen to be alone on Christmas... here's to you!! Happy Holidays!

(My wife and I don't celebrate Christmas so we'll be just enjoying the time off of work. My better half is not an ATSer. And on that note, I would also like to lend an ear if anyone needs it. I'll be on ATS at some point tomorrow.)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you want to laugh this Xmas Eve, here's a little clip from 1992 of Steve Martin on the Tonight Show.

It's actually very funny in it's design and structure and humour.

biggeekdad.com...

Note: Your Never supposed to tell how a magic trick is done, but I'm going out on a limb here, and I'm going to tell you one of his arm's are fake.

Merry Xmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is good to see such optimism in people about this day. About what's to come for others. A sense of hope. I too am spending the day alone. Being in Australia, atleast it will all be over soon lol. None the less I can't share such an optimistic sentiment as some have displayed in this thread. I've always been selfless. Well mannered and genuinely caring. Yet only being in my early twenties. I've seen a lot of the different facets of human kind. I'm starting to see qualities such as being self centred as keys to succeeding in life.

Being humble and showing humility just leaves the general population thinking they can walk over you. Especially being a male, when among others who are both arrogant and ignorant. Though this merely cloaks how vulnerable they are. Most seem to believe the lie. I chose to be alone today. I could have been around one family member but the extended company I don't like. Simply because how harshly they judged me, before getting to know me at all.

I don't have to listen to their judgements. I choose not too. Yet that didnt mean I was going to choose to be in their company on a day like this, or any day for that matter. Instead I booked a suite at a hotel for a couple nights (Christmas eve and Christmas). First time I've spent Christmas alone. Though most of my time is like this. The most company I seem to get out of friends is via text. It sucks. I'm not an advocate of isolation, but unfortunately it seems as though my personality is the only focal point I can look to for this predicament.

As much as others say its not me, it's them. I'm not perfect. I find people of both sexes at or around my age seem so caught up within themselves. Within their own manifested negativity that they forget how enjoyable they are to be around. I find myself better acquainted with people near twice my age than those closer. Not sure how to feel about that. Honestly this world is damaged on so many levels. Society is. Those within it so intensely and intimately programmed. Never thought I'd see the day where honesty would have no logical place..

Reality is most of us. Regardless of age. Still don't know what it is ultimately we want to do in life. So many people chasing thoughts, following ideals... Yet still defy our wants, our will. Free will. I watch others miss so much in the present, in the moments.. That said. I can't be as optimistic as some of you. Humanity is a confusing bunch. Love is something that's hard to give. Even harder to find. People either become more detached or hopeless stumble in their plight to find it. Biggest thing I encourage right now. On this day. Is communication.

Say what you think. How you feel. About anything. About another. Stop being withdrawn and holding back. Regardless of the outcome. You can't please everybody. You come first before anyone else...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank You Neformore!

I lost my fourteen year old daughter, and my Grandmother on 11/16/12, within two hours of each other. I am alone in central NY in the middle of nowhere, and my family is in Michigan. I will sit here, enjoy my Becks and Beam, and ponder the Grace of the Nativity, and of the Resurrection. I know that religion is a touchy issue here on ATS, but honestly, it is the only thing keeping me sane. Oh... and the booze!

Merry Christmas everyone!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yup. My first Christmas alone. Daughter is with boyfriend's family, my mom is with her boyfriend's family. No invites anywhere. I wish my grandparents were still alive.

Bah humbug! Talking about it is making it worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm alone this year, but happy because someone here at ATS helped create my new avatar + background the finished version of which I received as if like a Christmas present, just today!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (Age?) to one and all,

NAM

Maybe I'll come back to shoot the breeze a in a little while, will probably just relax and watch a movie on netflix.

Thanks for the warm Christmassy vibes and the offer of fellowship and of place even if "merely" a virtual community.

There's some super nice people here, so nice to see after much derision and apparent enmity and vehement disagreement about so many things, nice to put that all aside for once.

edit on 24-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now that I've read this whole thread I must say Im in tears.

My overwhelming emotions have caught me off guard.

I love this site. I wish you all the very best.

I wish i could do more.

Let me know if i can.

This place has brought me to much good to let any of you hurt.

I weep for all those lost. All that pain.

All the love .

Ats is my family ( for better or worse)

And its threads like like these that remind me that the better far outweighs the worse

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

The point of ATS, I believe, is to connect us all with the one thing that all ATSers quest for. The truth. I don't know you, but I'm fairly certain we have a few things in common. Believe me.... I've been there. I've been the divorced guy that just sat out the holidays for a couple years. I've been on the opposite end of the spectrum as well. I care about all good people. Brother, if you are online and you see me here, hit me up. Even if you just need to complain, I'll hear you out. I've needed it myself a few times. Hell I'm betting most of us have.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead

Yup. My first Christmas alone. Daughter is with boyfriend's family, my mom is with her boyfriend's family. No invites anywhere. I wish my grandparents were still alive.

Bah humbug! Talking about it is making it worse.

Aye, it sucks. Remember to stash a couple of bottles of Irish Cream for next time - it's good company.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I posted this in another Merry Christmas thread I just started a while ago over in Philosophy, Psychology and Metaphysics, which I originally picked up from another ATS'r in the BTS Avatar Creations thread - it's amazing the way everything that's good keeps on circling through the noosphere.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Never alone as long as electronic mates are about - PS Merry Christmas & all those other obscure observances to all from me & my doggie.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A Merry Christmas to one and all here at ATS

I spent many years alone on Christmas and every other holiday. I now enjoy the company of my beautiful bride.

I hope and pray that though alone, you receive the blessings of Christ on this day that celebrates his birth.

Semper

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hi all. I'll be alone for Christmas, which is sad, but necessary. All family is on EC and I'm in Hollywood(not many friends at the moment either). I'll just be meditating and contemplating on what I learned in 2012, and how to move forward in 2013. Happy Holidays to all

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
From Nova Scotia to all who are alone and not alone this Christmas. May you be filled with the warmth of goodness and love of your family and friends. With the coming New Year of 2013, wishing your life to be filled with many blessings, good health and prosperity.

This has been a tough Christmas.... have a sister inlaw dying of bone cancer and has two weeks to two months left to live, lost my mother three weeks before Christmas last year and two years before that, lost my Dad and mother inlaw. We try to fill our memories of the good times, but it is also the time of the year we think of those dear to us, and life sometimes throws harsh curve balls, but in hindsight, we are usually blessed with those people who enter our lives.

Merry Christmas to each and to all.

EBS

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm alone thanks to the managers keeping the store open, parents went down to see my grandparents, friends out of town so gotta figure out what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll start a fire and toast some marshmallows or just something relaxing with the TV off and perhaps some Post-rock or Shoegaze music

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I'm alone this year, but happy because someone here at ATS helped create my new avatar + background the finished version of which I received as if like a Christmas present, just today!

And with my new avatar-background (said like a little kid) I have the OPTION for the moon to switch between either no moon, full moon rising, or full moon risen, so it's kinda like a transformer almost. Goes off to flip the switch to either no moon or half moon.

It was designed to freak people out and make them think they're either seeing things or that there's maybe a glitch in the matrix..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words Nef! I am rolling solo tonight, but friends and family who have reached out to me today. Got a gathering schedule tomorrow with a close friend and their family, and got a shindig with my blood relatives later this week. Work and other obligations get in the way of celebrating the holidays on their assigned date. I am happy that we are just getting together. I am content. Thanks to everyone on here for the warm words, and welcoming atmosphere this holiday. Whatever denomination one professes, may their holiday be surrounded by warmth, revelry, and good company, and may the new year find them in better shape than the last.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join