It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Well , Stupid is what Stupid Does, My Momma Always use to say.........

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Duh....11.11pm.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Bare bones truth is that none of us knew what would happen. I don't mind admitting that I took comfort in the fact that there is a cave a few minutes from my house. I don't mind admitting that the hurricane season supplies are still in there.

Y2K taught us to measure the changes (or not) as they happened. I hope everybody takes it -- as they say here -- eeEEasy--mon.......

it's gonna be okay.

Doesn't mean there aren't still a plethora of conspiracies raging.

Or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by Springer

My prediction came true. I predicted it would snow in Wisconsin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Personally Springer, it would have been a lot better to have waited to send a mass message such as this on the 22nd rather then before the 21st even begins. Sure, some time zones it has already came and went, but the day is far from being over and I will still remain skeptical about the infamous date.

Could really care less if nothing happens or not, even though I've always believed for 10 years that something would because of my gut and it's never lied to me before. And I wouldn't be ashamed to admit I was wrong, comes the 22nd.

Seems that people are quite eager to jump on the bandwagon of the 'Nothing will or won't happen' topic just because it's already the 21st on the other side of the World, even you sir else you would have waited till the 21st was officially over.

On the side note, I agree with everything you said about people shouldn't be shoving the 'I told you so' down each others throats as it would just start a bunch of pointless arguments that get us nowhere. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, and the only reason it matters to some people is because of their ego wanting to prove others wrong. It's not wrong to want to believe in a change, and I don't blame people for believing in such thing even if nothing happens at all.

Regards,

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Seems like I won't be needing this picture anymore...

as a personal reaction everytime a new 2012 thread came up...

Oh well...all good things come to an end...oh wait...

On a more serious note, to be honest, I'll be happy to wake up on the 22nd.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Unofficial 2012 Doom Party thread....

P. S.

Yes, That's beezzer under the lampshade...

A plugs a plug shameless or not and thats a huge plug. even though its sitting on top of the recent posts page i think reposting the party link is the right thing to do one hour 10 min. since the world revolves around american eastern time of course its going to be craaaazy

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Riding out DEC21 with pounding drums and guitar humbuckers and telecasters
till DEC22 and will be glad thats over too.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to make an official post about this. There is too much bickering and name calling in the forum, already.

I've read the forum for a long time but only recently felt that I had something worth contributing.

I'm drawn to this place because many of the posters are mature, intellingent, quirky and think outside-the-box. It offers me many more perspectives to ponder than I would ever come up with on my own, on those long nights of insomnia and curiosity about the world.

Some of the ideas I read here are very off-the-wall but considering them, pondering them and thinking about the point-of-view of the source really does broaden my mind.

The thought of people making someone feel terrible because their ideas and views on the world are different from their own breaks my heart. It takes all perspectives to make a broad mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am very much aware of the fact that we have so much information, lies, deceipt thrown out there, it really messes with peoples minds. I am very sure there is some truth out there, but unfortunately, it takes triple time trying to find out the real truth from the fake ones. There are surely some info of truth then there are folks playing it down and making the messenger look stupid. We know that happens for a fact.

Many of us have very strong feelings or gut feelings about things. The feelings are very real, but again we do not know for sure what our alarm bells are ringing about. Cannot ridicule or blame folks for having those feelings, or believing in so many things circulating out there.

what I would like to say is not a single one of us is perfect and most have definately made mistakes...In life, in judgement, whatever it may be. Still, the point is people make mistakes, or find out later they have been played to the point of near hysterics. It does hurt.

In my opinion, I would way more prefer to know of someone who made a mistake believing rumors of the end of the world, rather than someone who makes a mistake and commits suicide or causes harm to another.

I do my very best to respect what others are saying, no matter what I may disagree on. And I will never say "I told you so" nor give folks a bad time. Keeping it civil is not only important, but letting folks know ATS has many people here who will stand by you, give you support when needed, and realize every one is individual and special. Those who want to remark rudely and rub things in, simply refrain from posting, and if that is too hard, visit some other thread of interest.

Merry Christmas to everyone and may we not only have a Happy New Year, but a better one.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You are as bad as NASA! that video they let out early.

It is Not over yet!
its only 4am here in UK.
some say it happens at mid day.
but its not over until all time zones are 22nd.

and they you need to see if the realy good people have left us?
NOT any catholic priest. they stay in hell with the rest of you!
You should have prays to some thing.

alien ships over the City's?
I bet if they do, it will never be in the News.
oh! its just Chinese lanterns.
ignore the aliens coming out of them...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it just after lunchtime here and world not end yet ... just another day with business as usual ... not even any strange / unusual occurances ... may work on trying for world ending hangover tonight ....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
You are as bad as NASA! that video they let out early.

It is Not over yet!
its only 4am here in UK.
some say it happens at mid day.
but its not over until all time zones are 22nd.

Sure...the Mayans predicted the end of the world in time zone increments.....

Des

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There is so much misinformation(accidentally bad information) and disinformation(purposeful bad information to discredit everything) been spread around over the years, that most folks tend to get over-emotional about it and for good reason. No one likes to die, especially kids......

Here is the deal though. What if 12-21-2012 was never meant to signify the end of the world, but to signify the end of something and the beginning of something else? How would people know with so much misinformation/disinformation? A lot of dishonest folks enjoy fear mongering either to make a buck off your gullibility or like I said to discredit everything by poisoning the well.

Anything can happen from now on. It could be the beginning of the seven years of tribulation to save souls, an alien invasion, a galactic to solar sytem alignment, etc. To be honest life goes on until further notice. I think humans can overcome a lot of obstacle if we overcome hate, among our other faults. Mainstream religions and race divide us, thus we become easily conquerable.

Or maybe nothing at all was supposed to happen and the mayans ran out of space to count!
edit on 20/12/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So kind of you to still have some of us after whatever we slang, Springer.
I believe that quiet dichotomy in us all might start pounding before we sleep--
that hopes something big will fix everything, or destroy everything. The most
important thing is to just fix what we can without destroying ourselves... or
somebody else. I wanted to be right and hope, because I'm lazy most times.
Also to be wrong and just wake up tomorrow helpless as ever... and tired.
Sound like anxiety/depression ? Emotionally rewarding PC Solstice, everyone.
We may get another. If I'M lucky there'll be some balance to be had in '13.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Whilst I agree the site will be pretty boring when every thread is an i told you so thread and we do need to be more civil to each other in general, it hasnt all been mistaken beliefs some of it has been deliberate lies and fear mongering, childish hoaxes and telling people they are not enlightened because they don't swallow a made up story. the venom from the believers against none believers has been massive so i do actually think there is a need for a thread that points out the hoaxes on the site and reminds people not to change their whole lives and terrify their children next time people start telling us we are going to hell (blaming whichever minority or political party they dont like that day) anyway hope you all enjoy whatever you're doing I'll be working in my allotment not hidng away surrounded by guns and tinned food.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well if that is how you took it that is your choice. Fact is you would have to be capable of understanding things from a different perspective in order to know things change without overt evidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's 12:16, do you know where your apocolypse is?

Oops, this was meant to be to thread, not to specific poster

edit on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:18:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
~~~~~~~Nana nana nana ~~~~~~~

Oh. Sorry.

Springer, you da man.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

But first, stop armageddon from attacking the server.

I'm having a really terrible time trying to open pages/u2u's etc.

damn you maya!!! Damn you and your illusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join