It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

Nothing - all I'm saying is that the time zones have nothing to do with the actual solstice, that's all, I was being playful, joking around, but it's still an unknown, at this point in time (don't expect anything to happen though, please don't assume, thanks).

More re: what time

The Mayan's prediction was based on the phenomenon of solstice as the turning point of alignment, and it's

December 21st at 11:11 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) aka UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
en.wikipedia.org...

What happens at the solstice?

The North Pole is tilted furthest away from the sun at the solstice. (Illustration not to scale)
The December solstice occurs when the sun reaches its most southerly declination of -23.5 degrees. In other words, it is when the North Pole is tilted 23.5 degrees away from the sun. Depending on the Gregorian calendar, the December solstice occurs annually on a day between December 20 and December 23. On this date, all places above a latitude of 66.5 degrees north (Arctic Polar Circle) are now in darkness, while locations below a latitude of 66.5 degrees south (Antarctic Polar Circle) receive 24 hours of daylight.

The sun is directly overhead on the Tropic of Capricorn in the southern hemisphere during the December solstice. It also marks the longest day of the year in terms of daylight hours for those living south of the equator. Those living or travelling south from the Antarctic Circle towards the South Pole will see the midnight sun during this time of the year.

On the contrary, for an observer in the northern hemisphere, the December solstice marks the day of the year with the least hours of daylight. Those living or traveling north of the Arctic Circle towards the North Pole will not be able to see the sun during this time of the year.

www.timeanddate.com...

So here is the official 2012 Countdown Clock to the moment of Solstice

www.december212012.com...

which uses your computers internal clock to display, so you don't have to worry about calculating for your particular timezone.

edit on 21-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thank you, interesting solstice info but can anyone enlighten me as to where these claims about "it" happening at the point of the solstice came from?

edit on 21-12-2012 by citizenx1 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Is the calculation of the end of the Mayan calendar don't you know? What does it mean if anything, who knows, but me I'm always praying for a new age of reason or of spirit informed by reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

its not arrived anywhere in any time zone yet
why jump the gun springer?
its 11:11am GMT
edit on 21-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: jeez bad spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's a good time for a fresh perspective, at the very least..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Is the calculation of the end of the Mayan calendar don't you know? What does it mean if anything, who knows, but me I'm always praying for a new age of reason or of spirit informed by reason.

I know the date is the end of the calendar but is the calendar based on the solstice or is this just something someone has made up to give people a time to focus on?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

As is the ATS way, we don't act uncivilly toward our fellow members, we don't rub people's faces in their mistakes, we focus on the topic not each other.

We don't?

Shucks....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

its not arrived anywhwre in any time zone yet
why jump the hun springer?
its 11:11am GMT

He probably just wants to get through it and get it done and over with and behind us just like everyone else.

Nothing wrong with a collective sigh of RELIEF.

Synchronlstically, when at my company Christmas party tonight I saw a boat called "Relief" - may we chart a new course to the horizon on that boat (I mean that allegorically of course)!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

I know the date is the end of the calendar but is the calendar based on the solstice or is this just something someone has made up to give people a time to focus on?

No they started out with this end date, because from that region this solstice is the point at which the rising sun first intersects the dark rift of the galaxy (which is really nothing but dust and gas excluding our view of the galactic center (even though we're not really aligned with center). To them it was the cosmic vagina of a birthing process, in their cosmology and creation mythology, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well in ancient times a new day technically started at sundown, so its kinda past already even here on the west coast of cannuck land, lol...

HAppy new beginning day!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

No they started out with this end date, because from that region this solstice is the point at which the rising sun first intersects the dark rift of the galaxy (which is really nothing but dust and gas excluding our view of the galactic center (even though we're not really aligned with center). To them it was the cosmic vagina of a birthing process, in their cosmology and creation mythology, nothing more.

At least there is some basis for the claim relating to timing which is better than people expecting something to happen bang on midnight in their location!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's in peoples nature to act as we all did the last couple of years. I remember it well when the mayan story was told. And the whole world sucked it up like a sponge. How many of the (I told you so people) have their fingers crossed right now but act sturdy ... I mean we are all sheeple and easily controlled...That will never change I guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Shortly after midnight a friend of mine had a power outage in her village and reported it on Facebook.
I advised her to call 112 (the German equivalent of 911) and suggested her to ask them if the world had come to an end.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If it does come. All I will feel is relief.

Everyone dead = no more bodies to do ( I am a mortician )

Who would have thought you could solve the problem with over-kill

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The "big date" is upon us, depending on your time zone it's already arrived, and it looks as though we humans and planet earth remain.

Why are there so many people who don't use their brain for thinking? The event is not dependent on TIMEZONES. Timezones have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

The only way you can include a timezone into this, is to use it to calculate what the clock shows in your timezone, when the event happens SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR ALL.

It's a celestial event, not a Terrestrial one, so the WHOLE GALAXY WILL EXPERIENCE IT IN EXACTLY SAME TIME. But on a lower scale, the whole solar system will experience at exactly the same time.

I know it must be hard to wrap one's head around non-local and non-Terrestrial time and events, when you have lived in the materialistic, Earth-centric, nihilistic indoctrination box for so long, but do your research and realize - it has nothing to do with timezones. It does not care if Earth even exists! Let alone fragmenting the whole thing to happen at different times for different locations on the planet!

Do you have any idea how ludicrous that sounds to those who actually have done the research?

Why do you keep using your frog-perspective that always includes timezones? Because christmas and so-called 'new year' also happen that way? Sheesh.

Try the so-called "Chinese New Year" for a change - that happens simultaneously all over the world - NOT conforming to any time zones! After you can wrap your head around that, perhaps you can start slowly rising to the realization that this event is the same - it happens simultaneously all over the solar system and the whole galaxy - not piece by piece, depending on puny Earth's human-made timezones, for crying out loud!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

At least there is some basis for the claim relating to timing which is better than people expecting something to happen bang on midnight in their location!

Oh yes, big time - for the Mayans, because this moment of intersection was to occur far in the distant future, when the solstice sun would begin to rise across the dark rift in the galaxy, for them within a cyclical view of the cosmos. and calendar, it was more than a birth but a conception AND birth, because the sun, as in most heliocentric religious systems, represents the generative principal of verility, so it was really the whole kit and caboodle for them and their cosmology reflected that fact. And their start date and end date do intersect the larger "Great Year", where we are at the end of the long dark winter, so it's spring in many more ways than one, like a solstice squared and squared again.

So why would they bother with the "after age"? It's an unknown, but to them, from their perspective it looked like a new creation, and the manifestation of the tree of life. No one to this day however really knows what they were referring to when they spoke of the "return of the fifth sun", which MIGHT relate to the star Sirius which precedes differently from the rest of the fixed Zodiacal signs.

So the whole premise of the OP (Love your website Springer, so don't shoot me for saying this) is based on a faulty premise with respect to simply being right or wrong, but then again there's a lot of ignorant hype out there regarding this date and I myself used to buy into it - loved talking it up back in the 90's! lol but on the other side of it, of this particular solstice, yes, there could very well be some meaning and significance assigned to it if only in the form of a collective sigh of relief, look around - what now? To stop and look back on history, and look around at the dead civilization we inhabit, the dead culture, the dead "world" and ask ourselves the question - is this worthy of us, of who and what we really are? that's really quite something very special imho.

To have the opportunity to get to DO that together is an absolute MIRACLE in my books, and so with that let me just say

Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

NAM

edit on 21-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: accidentally called Springer, Skinner, thought it might be wise out of respect for this site to get the owners name right! LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
It's in peoples nature to act as we all did the last couple of years. I remember it well when the mayan story was told. And the whole world sucked it up like a sponge. How many of the (I told you so people) have their fingers crossed right now but act sturdy ... I mean we are all sheeple and easily controlled...That will never change I guess.

i have three kids so i would be a liar if i said i didnt think about it ,lets face it it was on the news in papers even talked about in schools my kids were a bit scared to say the least,when they up this morning they said yeah we are still alive (good bless who/what ever god is)

anyone know of the next date yet ?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
anyone know of the next date yet ?

The next one would be when the Zodiacal sign of Aquarius intersects the solstice, representing the end of the age of Pisces. That's another "Great Age" or cycle and it occurs at some point within the next 40 years (need to start researching it LOL).

It's just the galactic cycle of life within which our sun is immersed, but let us never forget the rather unique cosmological configuration involved in our earth-moon-sun relationship, which is rather astounding when you start looking into it ie: as a starting point why at this moment in earth evolution our moon's circumference perfectly eclipses that of the sun from the perspective of an observer on earth.

I think we're fast coming into a new understanding and recognition of our true place and standing in the creation, not as mere things or specks floating around but as something intrinsic to the very process of evolution and life itself ie: as created beings made by design to become ever more consciously aware and self realized - contrasted or differentiated from a purely materialistic, newtonian, linear "thingness" POV, which may be and likely is, a false reality, a false worldview and paradigm. If so then let that world come to an end, because it's days are already numbered anyway - why hang on to the dead bones of a dead civilization or try to suck the marrow from them, if makes no sense at all. We were stupid, we were insane - that's the cosmic joke at the end of time and history capable of saving the whole world.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

yes the next date is still today
11:11 GMT
1 hour 11mins

edit on 21-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm debating if I should just stay up at this point.

I don't have work today and supposedly this event is going to happen in about an hour.

Meh, why not.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join