It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Now I know why THIS (Ludicrous Online Lies) forum was created.

All of the 2012 threads can get shuffled along nicely into there!

Well played Springer and SO, well played...

Agreed!

Off to the LOL forum with ALL the 2012 crap, past, present and future.
This whole thing has been THE BIGGEST of them all, even bigger than GFL.
The quality of this site declined RADICALLY just because of those four numbers.
Lunatics running the asylum...
edit on 21-12-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

I agree to an extent.. But

Ive been told im in hot water with my conduct regarding 2012 and the other big one on ats right now. I honestly just feel that the need for proof has slowly been less and less important and sharing feelings as a prediction is the new accepted trend here.

And admittedly, I have been rude at times and it needs to stop. So Im making that effort starting tonight. But I do agree with you guys, it feels different. But thats life. And we all still come here dont we? So we still secretly love ats regardless. We just gotta ( or maybe just me) share our views about the status quo differently.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

The T&C is consistent. Mockery and ill manners about the beliefs of others are not allowed, period.

Really? So why is hatred of religion tolerated, and mocking of religious prophecy tolerated, but not mocking of 2012'ers?
edit on 21-12-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

If you see posts that violate the T&C and fail to report them, you can hardly lay that at the feet of the staff, Manners and decorum are always requisite here. As it happens there are roughly 70 volunteer staff to handle thousands of posts per day. There is no possible way that we can see them all.

The ONLY reason this thread even exists is that we were aware of what would happen today. In previous weeks there have been spree killings and we've had to scramble to try and play catch-up because we had no warning nor way of preparing for the fallout.

Why that seems to be offensive to you is beyond my ability to empathize with.

The first two sentences made perfect sense. You lost me with your closing statement. I enjoy not only your posts but ATS in general. What I found offensive was the amount of censorship leading up to dec 21st 2012 of skeptical threads regarding the subject. You wouldn't really be able to read them and form some form of empathy anyways since they were trash binned.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If this is the afterlife then I am totally not impressed.

Merry Apocalypse everyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

One last shot at this, and then I have to leave for the morning...

If it's Friday, and you call me, promising to come over on Tuesday. Between Friday and Tuesday I have no cause to doubt your sincerity or think you suspect.

If Tuesday comes and you don't show? Then I am fully in the right to not trust you, but it would be uncivil for me to publicly mock or call you out over it. It's simply poor decorum.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
[snip]

But they arent all in a vacuum. They are all on different levels of predictions. how do you ban someone promising a spiritual renewal form dec 21 2012? You cant. I do feel that the only ones you can ban are the ones who knowingly posted false info. How do you prove they KNEW 2012 wasnt going to happen? Unless they outright admit they knew what they were up to, its impossible
edit on 21-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The best things are worth the wait.
Where would you like to have dinner?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

But they arent all in a vacuum. They are all on different levels of predictions. how do you ban someone promising a spiritual renewal form dec 21 2012?

That 's why I said those saying that the world would "end" actually end... doom and gloom.
Not that we would all feel love and peace, I have no issue with that or any spiritual discussions at all.

You cant. I do feel that the only ones you can ban are the ones who knowingly posted false info. How do you prove they KNEW 2012 wasnt going to happen?
Unless they outright admit they knew what they were up to, its impossible

And yes, you can.
You look at the threads, people posting videos of star beings and crap.. telling us that this is it... and all that, and then just ban 'em.

And how does one know the world wasn't going to end?? If that's a serious questions then it's a pretty silly one.

The world was not going to end, NOBODY can EVER predict the end of the world.... it's stupid.
Not the Mayans, not the Egyptians, Masons, Romans....... NOBODY.

The only way it's possible is if someone has a nuclear weapon and then says I will blow up the world on this day and then does it.

EVERY single prediction ends the same way..... failure.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i realy think the zero hour is still future...

11 AM in Mexico/Guatamala/ Yucatan would be the nearest to the zero hour according to the ancient Maya

but in a more logical sense, i think a better interpretation was needed concerning the end of the 13 Baktun calendar and just what it woulkd bring to the planet & mankind,,,if not just to the Maya descendents alone

the Earth's core (interior 'Sun') is still historically acting odd- and heating up the Seas, outgassing thermal vents, reinvigorating many long dormant volcanos... and producing conditions for bigger earthquakes, sinkholes in unprecedented numbers & places. etc etc

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

While I agree with almost everything. You are forgetting one thing. The mods must give the benefit of the doubt if there is no other evidence otherwise. These people BELIEVED it so much the y felt compelled to share ther certainty. But they werent trolling ( at least not proven).

They werent secretly saying "hahaaha im fooling them all" because the t and c , as i understand it, says that the only way they deserve a ban is to knowingly mislead and make false statements. They might have been misleading other people, but it looks like they were misleading themselves as well. And thats just a sad mistake a realization. Not knowingly trolling or misleading. At least not any that a mod could prove. They were wrong. ( as it seems now).

ITs different than a person claiming to be from the future with doom and gloom and then they get something wrong. Thats ban hammer. Or saying they are from area 51 and they know aliens are coming on Jan 1 2012. Thats ban hammer.

I hope I was clear on my point, I kinda rambled a bit.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i realy think the zero hour is still future...

11 AM in Mexico/Guatamala/ Yucatan would be the nearest to the zero hour according to the ancient Maya

but in a more logical sense, i think a better interpretation was needed concerning the end of the 13 Baktun calendar and just what it woulkd bring to the planet & mankind,,,if not just to the Maya descendents alone

the Earth's core (interior 'Sun') is still historically acting odd- and heating up the Seas, outgassing thermal vents, reinvigorating many long dormant volcanos... and producing conditions for bigger earthquakes, sinkholes in unprecedented numbers & places. etc etc

"etc etc". What a wonderfully vague description... so now it's 2013? Once a false prophet always a false prophet.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
so we are 3 hours into it (according to the S.A. time zones) and you guys are calling it already. this smacks of arrogance but hey who am i to judge'

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Right now I am actually feeling very angry with ATS over this post

Turns out we are not allowed to have an “I told you so” thread even though for years we have put up with the “2012 Nibiru apocalypse” threads.

We have to treat those who preached that kind of fear for years now with kid gloves just so we don’t make them feel any more “embarrassed” or “confused” than the already should.

I personally think it’s awful of ATS to remove threads my members who have quite rightly all along said that nothing was going to happen when those same members finally say “told you so”.

It’s not about “rubbing” anyone’s face’s in their mistakes, its about being correct, truth is valued on ATS and now that the truth is not quite what a lot of members said it was going to be those of us sane enough to say “nothing will happen” have our “told you so” threads heavily moderated, removed and flamed.

I think as of now I am going to avoid ATS for a while, let this whole thing blow over in the grand scheme of things it is not import and could end up causing a lot of very good members to receive post bans simply by saying “told you, you were all wrong”.

Anyway to the mods, good luck.

To the members, don’t get banned.

To ATS, see you all in a few day.

edit on 21-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Apparently ATS panders to these people now....

Okaaaay

Really?

ATS is user generated content and if the community wants to tell deluded, gullible people that it was stupid to believe all of this, what's the problem?
ATS used to pride itself on not just accepting wacky, stupid stuff like this... and now we have to "play nice" and don't hurt people's feelings?

Sheesh..

:shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's the start of another great year. Happy New Great Year everybody

the 2012 forum should be renamed "end times" or something, and have this picture as the forum avatar thingy

because there will always be end time predictions, the dates will just change.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I personally think it’s awful of ATS to remove threads my members who have quite rightly all along said that nothing was going to happen when those same members finally say “told you so”.

It’s not about “rubbing” anyone’s face’s in their mistakes, its about being correct, truth is valued on ATS and now that the truth is not quite what a lot of members said it was going to be those of us sane enough to say “nothing will happen” have our “told you so” threads heavily moderated, removed and flamed.

I think as of now I am going to avoid ATS for a while, let this whole thing blow over in the grand scheme of things it is not import and could end up causing a lot of very good members to receive post bans simply by saying “told you, you were all wrong”.

Anyway to the mods, good luck.

To the members, don’t get banned.

To ATS, see you all in a few day.

Spot on mate

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
so we are 3 hours into it (according to the S.A. time zones) and you guys are calling it already. this smacks of arrogance but hey who am i to judge'

Seems we are being censored anyways (which was my original complaint). Hope to see your own personal thread when the 22nd comes.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Don't let it bother you.

It will wither and die off eventually...

Just be thankful it's over and done with finally.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join