It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The "big date" is upon us, depending on your time zone it's already arrived, and it looks as though we humans and planet earth remain.

OK, some will be happy about that (most I hope) but some are going to be confused and embarrassed.

As is the ATS way, we don't act uncivilly toward our fellow members, we don't rub people's faces in their mistakes, we focus on the topic not each other.

It is in that light I am asking every one of us to go easy on the "I told you so" posts, let he among us who has never been wrong stand up and prove it. There's nothing to be gained by being rude about mistaken beliefs, we ALL have them at some point in our lives and a little kindness and understanding from our peers go a long way when we realize it.

PLEASE help the volunteer staff out and abide our TACs by resisting the urge to throw mud, it will be greatly appreciated.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well said, thank you for this post

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I never said anything was gonna happen, but if I did, I was wrong. I still believe that we will still live on for a few more thousand years. Let's just try and make it a better place for our children and great grand children.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
indeed, my good man , i do second your opinion.. all those in favor say i !

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
if the end of the world really happens
can i still tell the skeptics i told you so ?

oh wait ..

edit on 12/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Its about the content springer the content! Your right i agree. Everyone makes mistakes and we can all learn something from it. Not to saw all the 2012ers believed the world was going to end, a lot of us believe it was a time of change.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

OMG! I hadn't even thought about all the "I Told You So" threads that are about to converge on the forums!

You can be sure there won't be any stars and flags from me for those posts!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Though I am neither a supporter of or a skeptic of the prophecy if the end of the world as we know it happens

I would kindly take an I told ya so from a Mayan prophecy advocate and then say well
What are we gonna eat damn I'm hungry

Seriously I'm glad this post was in place if figure if I can't learn and laugh at my mistakeswhatsthe point

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It is in that light I am asking every one of us to go easy on the "I told you so" posts, let he among us who has never been wrong stand up and prove it

Depends on the amount of liquor consumed tonight and tomorrow - but ya', you have a point...

edit on 20-12-2012 by facelift because: add 'tomorrow'

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What it all boils down to is be civil. Right or wrong there is no need to be rude or throw mud. All that does is get you in trouble, so just be civil about it. There is no reason that we can't discuss any subject in a polite, productive and intelligent way.

I say, let's all be civil and respectful tomorrow. I really don't think Springer will mind to much if it turns out that he wasted his time in making this precautionary thread.

Despite what some may think, the staff doesn't like taking action! So, let's show them they have nothing to worry about

Peace and love

edit on 20-12-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tthank you.
And so,Onward!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Talking about bracing for the storm.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just looking at the most recent topic page, it's quite boring with redundant topics of opinions. You got 12.21.12 and Gun Control topics, with mostly just opinions, no collective thinking or problem solving. I pretty much skip past those and end up with maybe one or two new interesting topics to read and learn from, if I'm lucky. Otherwise keep posting your blogs of opinions and destroy this information gateway. Xenongod

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Awwww that's not fair.

For months now I've been labeled primitive, un-evolved, incapable of ascension, male-brained, ignorant, foolish, denier, debunker, scoffer, dis-info agent, a dark power holding everyone back, in league with reptilians/evil entities, and, and, well you get the point.

Sorry...it's going to be payback time. But I'll be as nice as I can about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The amount of FB status updates, tweets and all manner of other social network thingamebobs ALREADY flooding my cellphone feed on "Last day on Earth tomorrow" or "Woke up this morning and wasn't struck by a flaming meteorite" is maddening enough...

...please...please dear ATS...lets not crash our servers with similar...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
totally don't have a problem with this. gloating is an unattractive spectacle.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Still 9hrs 26mins to go until, dont go putting the skudd on it yet

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
The amount of FB status updates, tweets and all manner of other social network thingamebobs ALREADY flooding my cellphone feed on "Last day on Earth tomorrow" or "Woke up this morning and wasn't struck by a flaming meteorite" is maddening enough...

...please...please dear ATS...lets not crash our servers with similar...

So, erm.... do we take the collection up NOW for an ATS Mod therapist... or later?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
BUT WAIT... time is not upon us ...yet. This seems about 10 hours premature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join