It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
But, but, but...

I had Nelson all locked and loaded and ready to dish out some ridicule.

Aw man.

This'll probably be the only s that will htf we'll see tomorrow.

edit on 12/20/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

More importantly, what if 21/12/2012 simply meant that is when the mayan calendar ends. Which it does.

?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Instead of pointing fingers at those who were "wrong", we'd better be thankful that nothing happened that would have made us order some new pants.

And considering how many personal worlds already came to an end this year and especially just recently, everybody tempted to shout out "I told you so" should really think twice, if such an act would be appropriate...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am really glad you put up this thread. I hated that people were already gearing up to bash people after the 21st. Like they relished the idea! I don't think that's a good thing to do. Anyway, thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Long live ATS Springer !

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Out of compassion, I understand why the fear of 2012 arose, and I hope and pray that we, especially on ATS, have learned many a good lesson from what has transpired (or the lack thereof), and can use this wisdom to question what we hear a little bit more. Out of love, I won't throw mud or rub it in their faces. There's no need for that. They made some mistakes, which we all do. Hopefully we, together, can correct these mistakes, and use this as an opportunity to gain a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Will keep in mind... although i have to say, we kinda wish you were truly were running for president this year... change that wont matter, could have been change for the better

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There is no reason to say "I told you so". Many people may have missed it, or simply did not know but there was a BIG event that did take place on 12-21-12. You will not see it on the News. The MSM has ignored the topic as to not cause widespread panic and fear.

At 1am on 12-21-12 Lego Land was infected with a Zombie virus. My inside source managed to send me these pics of the event. I have not heard from my source in about 4 hours now, so my source my now be a Zombie as well.

As you can see in the picture the fighting was fierce. As the people of Lego Land battled for their survival. Unfortunately, some Legos were unable to overcome the odds as you will see in this next pic

12-21-12 Never Forget!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you Springer, and the rest of ATS staff for this most mature and responsible stance.

However, I'd like to point out a couple things which I have pointed out in another thread:

1- The actual date for the end of the long count is disputed by some. I have heard dates that range all the way from Oct 28, 2011 to December 23-24 2012.

2- There is no set "time" that an "event" (assuming there was one) was scheduled to happen. It is still the 21st, and it will continue to be the 21st for many hours. Even after the clock strikes midnight again, see point number one.

For the record I'm not trying to fearmonger or defend a point. I believe and hope the world will carry on many days, and hopefully years, from now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would have never said " I told you so".. i never believed in it anyway...

I mainly on the look out for the cop-out-ers.. that say that it got delayed or some excuse.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
See? I told you so! I told you that they'd say not to say, "I told you so" !
Oh, wait, I never said that.
Never mind.....

Nah, I wouldn't rub it in, no reason to. I hope people here decide to be kind and considerate.
Have a good weekend, Everyone, and a great Christmas next week.

PEACE

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let me be clear to those who feel the need to be obtuse enough to actually complain about not being able to attack your fellow members/peers by couching it in statements like "So now ATS is going to protect charlatans and loons?" (I'm paraphrasing to protect the guilty)...

While I'm sure you all believe you will go through this world without embarrassing yourselves over something you believe in, you may believe you are the pinnacle of intelligent and rational thought, and you may very well be, I am also certain that no good can come from a bunch of humiliation just to make your internet personas feel bigger than.

Think about it for just a second will you?

Exactly what do you hope to gain by calling "Zweebox996" a total moron for ever considering the 2012 stuff real? How does it serve your genuine interests to be "Feedbox665" on ATS and be right?

It can't, it doesn't, and we won't have it. It's just juvenile and uncivil.

For the record, even if we all used our real names here we still wouldn't allow the wholesale assault on your fellows because they believed in something that was not real.

Further, those of you who are still hanging on to the 2012 theory because "the day isn't over yet"...

If you feel the need to belittle your peers because they aren't evolved, intelligent, or enlightened enough to "see it", you will find yourself out in the cold sans the warmth of ATS.

We won't tolerate incivility from either side.

Come on people, this isn't that hard, it's OVER, we're all still here and we have LOTS of work to do to make it to 2014.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

CE, I'll take U up on that. Seriously, the only thing abnormal at 00:23 is all that d$%# snow comming down.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
me?
i've got about 32 minutes yet of peace, love, joy and goodwill to all manknd.

After THAT ...

who knows!? :@@

edit on 12/20/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Again, kudos on that last post, Springer. Wish I could star it.

I will, however, point out that some feel the end of the long count represents not some kind of doom, but rather an enlightenment or an evolution. And sure, some members of the "englightenment crowd" do posit a kind of flash-bang-instant ascension. However, many also believe that this will be a less dramatic, slower, more "organic" process, and that this is just the beginning.

Regardless of whether you all personally believe this or not, can we at least agree that this is a noble thing to hope for? Sure, maybe some of you find this idea a little naive, or utopian. And given study of history and human nature, I can't blame you. But really, what's so wrong with wanting to believe that humanity is going to change for the better? How is that something worthy of ridicule?

Worthwhile things to consider.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I think it's aimed more at the "OMG WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!1" crowd, than what you are speaking of. One thing I can't stand is the people that love to spread fear, but I am not........ Dunno the word, vindictive maybe, to go around saying I told you so. I know a few people that were really scared all week, thanks to the doomsayers out there......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I appreciate your sentiments, but, I must point out that my concerns have absolutely nothing to do with the concepts and theories.

My concerns are solely about how we respond to them here on ATS.

Make sense?

Springer...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

********************************** these are stars I wish I could put on your last post.....

Des

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is now 00:45AM Eastern Time in my part of the United States and nothing has happened.
So much for the end of the world taking place today and what not.
The Mayans couldn't even predict their own damn demise correctly!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The "big date" is upon us, depending on your time zone it's already arrived, and it looks as though we humans and planet earth remain.

OK, some will be happy about that (most I hope) but some are going to be confused and embarrassed.

As is the ATS way, we don't act uncivilly toward our fellow members, we don't rub people's faces in their mistakes, we focus on the topic not each other.

It is in that light I am asking every one of us to go easy on the "I told you so" posts, let he among us who has never been wrong stand up and prove it. There's nothing to be gained by being rude about mistaken beliefs, we ALL have them at some point in our lives and a little kindness and understanding from our peers go a long way when we realize it.

PLEASE help the volunteer staff out and abide our TACs by resisting the urge to throw mud, it will be greatly appreciated.

Springer...

Boy will you have a red face when they world ends...you are a little premature about this BTW... Still got about 6 hours or to go....
edit on 20-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join