It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A response to: " Every possible reason for gun ownership addressed and countered"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
lol Thumps up for people standing up even though its an unpopular choice(strict gun laws).

ATS.. if you want stars and flags, make a post about Pro-Gun, you will be showered with ignorant stars.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

is that why you post emotion based garbage?

If your argument lacks substance, then you need not appeal to people´s emotions. You need to think harder.

BUT if that fails.....then....

MAYBE....just MAYBE....you are wrong on this one chief....

MAYBE....

edit on 20-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I think it will work itself out...

More innocent lives will be lost, more pressure for gun laws.

Its matter of time before a pro-gun family's kid gets killed by a "mentally ill" gunman before they think twice.

Is the tool for "protection" is used more for protection or is it used for murders. Its funny 90% of the killers choose gun or any other weapons.
edit on 12/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

You assume too much Gauss, and seem to be very much the fanboy. Now kindly get back in your box if you haven't even the mental aptitude to refute my points, which are all factual and true. I dare you!

T

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You do realize that the parents of those kids slain have not called for a gun ban. From what I have heard of my fellow American parents, all the contrary.

But this is more emotion based caca.

Turns out that in reality (FACTS) the crime rates skyrocketed in the UK after the Gun ban and most people aren't happy with the current criminality now.

Scotland is the most violent crime infested place in the developed world now.....so. No.

Things HAVE been working out. The rabid dummies without a cause that see this as an opportunity to deal a blow to the opposition which values gun rights, have gone mad with delight over the opportunity to drive home their agenda.....over a tragedy....involving kids.....so they shamelessly make media hype and blitz our senses in hopes that we renounce yet another liberty......!

How noble...

This one incident, though regrettable, is not the "change" of our country. It has happened before, and regrettably will happen again. Gun ban or no gun ban.

What you can't do is say that an unarmed and impotent nation will be happy being raped and stabbed with no end in sight. That sir, is retarded.

edit on 20-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by Gauss

You assume too much Gauss, and seem to be very much the fanboy. Now kindly get back in your box if you haven't even the mental aptitude to refute my points, which are all factual and true. I dare you!

T

Uh, no, they are not facts. You have given no source to prove your sociopathic claims. Whereas I, as I've said, have been to the US, met the people, found them to be honorable people, and know that what you're saying is ignorant bull# stemming from bigotry and senseless hatred towards Americans.

And I'm not even going to dignify your insults with a response. They say more about your mental aptitude, or rather lack thereof, than mine.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Are we discussing the second amendment or are we discussing my English and my nether region? Don't tell me to stick to the point when you attack me like that - which, by the way, I have reported. Again I will not dignify it with further response, because again it says more about you than me.

And I see more paranoia and delusion in people like you than in those who want to defend the second amendment. Maybe you should work on your own paranoia before bashing other people over it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
reply to post by torqpoc

Are we discussing the second amendment or are we discussing my English and my nether region? Don't tell me to stick to the point when you attack me like that - which, by the way, I have reported. Again I will not dignify it with further response, because again it says more about you than me.

And I see more paranoia and delusion in people like you than in those who want to defend the second amendment. Maybe you should work on your own paranoia before bashing other people over it.

Gauss, we're done. If you decide to get back on topic and respond to the points I was making we can continue to tango.

Right now you're off on an emotional tangent. Try to take a deep breath and re-read what you were responding to since you've obviously forgotten.

As for reporting because you felt attacked, err.. *big smile*

T

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

What a well crafted and thought out retort.
Plus, another thread that destroys the anti's talking points.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Regardless of how one interprets the 2nd amendment it still states that US citizens have the right to arms. Being an avid hunter I enjoy this right, it allows me to go and harvest game which helps my family eat but also helps keep the population of the game under control. My father and I hear so many people/farmers who complain about various game animals over running their properties or destroying crops, but they refuse to allow hunters to come and harvest the animals. Unfortunately if you take guns from hunters then the population of those animals grows to an uncontrollable state to a point where there would not be enough food for all of them and then some would die off painfully from starvation. With hunters allowed to harvest game, it maintains the population and it provides food for their families. It is a mutual arrangement with nature and hunters. I support the 2nd amendment!

I also believe it is ridiculous for people to protest the NRA… they are only a lobbying organization; they don’t put guns in the hands of people. This would be like people who don’t smoke (like myself) protesting the lobbyists who lobby for the Phillip Morris Company. NRA is not evil they only wish to make sure that those who wish to have guns for lawful purposes can maintain that right… they don’t advocate violence or condone it.

Just my 2 cents

Happy holidays to everyone

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

What a well crafted and thought out retort.
Plus, another thread that destroys the anti's talking points.

Thank you for the kind words. I must admit: it is not my intent to "destroy" anyone or anything, merely to educate. The problem seems to be: many people who are afraid of guns and afraid of the 2nd Amendment are incredibly closed minded. They can be presented factual evidence yet they still can't wrap their heads around it as their emotions get the best of them.

I just firmly believe in the 2nd Amendment and I want to share my experience and point of view and hopefully some people may finally begin to understand what it's all about.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by darthdescendent
Regardless of how one interprets the 2nd amendment it still states that US citizens have the right to arms. Being an avid hunter I enjoy this right, it allows me to go and harvest game which helps my family eat but also helps keep the population of the game under control. My father and I hear so many people/farmers who complain about various game animals over running their properties or destroying crops, but they refuse to allow hunters to come and harvest the animals. Unfortunately if you take guns from hunters then the population of those animals grows to an uncontrollable state to a point where there would not be enough food for all of them and then some would die off painfully from starvation. With hunters allowed to harvest game, it maintains the population and it provides food for their families. It is a mutual arrangement with nature and hunters. I support the 2nd amendment!

I also believe it is ridiculous for people to protest the NRA… they are only a lobbying organization; they don’t put guns in the hands of people. This would be like people who don’t smoke (like myself) protesting the lobbyists who lobby for the Phillip Morris Company. NRA is not evil they only wish to make sure that those who wish to have guns for lawful purposes can maintain that right… they don’t advocate violence or condone it.

Just my 2 cents

Happy holidays to everyone

Well said!

Thank you for adding to the thread!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by Gauss

T

I have yet to see anything you have posted even closely resembling "factual and true". You're just spewing opinion. I have presented factual and true data and the problem is: it's very difficult to refute. Thus the emotional & opinionated responses.

And when you repeatedly have your argument blown to pieces, you resort to petty BS. Classy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As the 2nd amendment goes, so goes the rest of the amendments.
2nd first then the 1st, the 2nd was put in to protect the rest.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
As the 2nd amendment goes, so goes the rest of the amendments.
2nd first then the 1st, the 2nd was put in to protect the rest.

Amen!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have yet to see anything you have posted even closely resembling "factual and true". You're just spewing opinion. I have presented factual and true data and the problem is: it's very difficult to refute. Thus the emotional & opinionated responses. And when you repeatedly have your argument blown to pieces, you resort to petty BS. Classy.

The factual and true data you have posted, Im curious, is it as factual and true as your post regarding Australia banning guns to kill and displace the aboriginals

Im still waiting on the other thread for you to back this up with your "facts" or even a blog as a source.

Once again you get stars and flags because of a "hes on my side" mentality as opposed to having a valid argument or good points.
Your rebuttals to my points was unbelievably weak, so much so that you didnt even address my rebuttals to yours.
But of course the reason you didnt actually refute anything was because Im deluded or a troll

It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact your point of view is unbelievably contradictory to anyone with any common sense.

The problem with gun violence will be solved by giving people more guns.... Of course it will

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It is time to destroy the wrong thinking of someone that is Anti 2nd Amendment.
We are where we are today because we have been too nice and conceded too much.
Time to stand our ground and tell the tantrum driven children of the Anti Crowd "NO".

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Once again you get stars and flags because of a "hes on my side" mentality as opposed to having a valid argument or good points.

WOW. Poop called, said vomit smells.

I do hope that you are validating your stars and flags (Not nearly the numbers as this thread) as just those that are on your side.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join