It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

Ouch! Once again, great summary but I hope you're wrong. The shame of it is though...even if we had say 25 to 50 years instead of 5 to 10, then my young children ages 3, 1 and a newborn have a hell of a thing to look forward to. Many of the studies I've read about this past extinction event took thousands of years, so let's hope, but I don't know...there sure is a lot of crazy # going on - quakes and volcanoes are on the rise along with everything else.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I started a thread on this but I wanted to post it here but once again - major snow events back up the theory that our atmosphere is heating up causing more water in the air. Major snow events are happening every where this month in the extremes. The more moisture in the air is going to drop in abundance whether it be rain or snow.

10 feet of snow in Norilsk buries the city. Major cities all across Russia are buried.

Unrelenting snowfalls have caused unprecedented chaos in Russia. Over the past week, the country has seen scores of traffic accidents, flight delays and, in some cases, the complete isolation of some remote settlements and towns

Moscow had 10 inches of snow which is more than half the January average snow. Thousands of people stranded at airports. 12,000 trucks out trying to remove the snow.

While the snowstorms have caused inconvenience for large population centers in western Russia, they have been life-threatening further east in the country. The polar circle city of Norilsk has been buried under 10 feet of snow – entire apartment blocks, markets, stores and offices were buried under snow overnight. Banks of snow were as high as two people put together, reaching the second-story windows of some apartment buildings. Cars, stores, garages were blocked. Norilsk metropolitan workers were forced to dig passageways through the snow banks to create access between the outside world and the barricaded city. Meanwhile, icicles up to three feet in length have formed off the ledges of buildings, breaking at random and causing a lethal hazard for pedestrians below.

See the news article and a lot more photos here

Source

Elsewhere, the extreme weather continues. In the Altai Republic in Western Siberia, 12 Russian settlements were isolated because of the snowstorm. Seven settlements, with a total population of 1,300 people, remain cut off from the outside world due to the snow drifts. Emergency crews are currently en route to deliver needed supplies to the stranded populations.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Wow, that last pic is awesome! I'm surprised houses aren't collapsing after something like that, from the weight.

Here's an interesting story:

Dozens of corpses, no sign of injury or mutilation, found floating in the Ezu River (Nigeria)

Source1
Source2
Source3

That may be the first major public sign of an entire village or town being wiped out by hydrogen sulfide, from upstream of the town where the corpses were found. When vehicles started bursting into flame in Vietnam, it was about 3 months later that the same thing started happening in the U.S. So this problem is so big that the difference in protective power between Vietnam and the most powerful nation on Earth was only 3 months. We might start seeing entire towns dropping dead before too long here too.

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic

Wow, that last pic is awesome! I'm surprised houses aren't collapsing after something like that, from the weight.

Here's an interesting story:

Dozens of corpses, no sign of injury or mutilation, found floating in the Ezu River (Nigeria)

Source1
Source2
Source3

That may be the first major public sign of an entire village or town being wiped out by hydrogen sulfide, from upstream of the town where the corpses were found. When vehicles started bursting into flame in Vietnam, it was about 3 months later that the same thing started happening in the U.S. So this problem is so big that the difference in protective power between Vietnam and the most powerful nation on Earth was only 3 months. We might start seeing entire towns dropping dead before too long here too.

The first two stories didn't have much information, so I gotta tell ya, I began thinking maybe some sort of warring factions between tribes or villages or something, but then the third story says there is no fueding between the villages. They were also all males which also tends to lean toward a slaughter between feuding factions, but then there are no signs of injury and you would assume these men would struggle and not willingly drown themselves in the river. Also baffling is that the two villages by where the bodies were found said so far there are no missing residents. If they actually do an investigation, sure would like to hear the results on this one if we'll ever hear anything anyways. The gas theory certainly fits but it's a strange case indeed.

The people of Amansea community in Anambra state woke up to a gory sight on Saturday morning to find about 15 bodies floating on Ezu, a river at the boundary between Anambra and Enugu states. The decomposing bodies, all male, were without any noticeable body mutilations or injuries and could not be identified by the people of Amansea community who live in the area on Anambra state side of the divide. They added that no member of the community had also been reported missing. The bodies were discovered in the early hours of the morning when they went to fetch water. According to Channels TV, the river is the only source of water for the five communities of Amansea, Ebenebe, Ugbenu, Ugbene and Oba-Ofemili and the development had caused a lot of discomfort to the people. The Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Musa Daura, maintained that Enugu and Anambra enjoy relative peace and so could not decipher where the corpses were coming from. He wondered how the avalanche of dead bodies got there because he had not heard of any communal clash whether in Enugu or Anambra where many people were killed. The villagers were advised not to fetch water from the river until the bodies are cleared and buried. This is really shocking and we hope the police are able to unravel the mystery behind this case.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
World still grapples with sinkhole epidemic as Chinese village suffers 20 sinkholes in last 5 months

Residents in the village of Lianyuan in southern China’s Hunan Province have been treading rather gingerly these last few months. Over 20 sinkholes have opened up in the ground since last September. The cave-ins, which range in size, have seen houses collapse and rivers run dry. And there is never any warning as to where and when the sinkholes occur. According to local authorities, the main reason for the cave-ins is the number of coalmines in the area. It is not clear what steps are being taken to prevent further sinkholes from appearing

Chinese village suffers 20 sinkholes in 5 months

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They may have been all men in the river for a number of reasons: 1) maybe men do all the hard fishing work in Nigeria while the women do other more traditional work (I suspect that is the case); 2) maybe the men tried to flee the gas and headed to the river, not understanding what was killing them, and men are bigger and taller and thus a little harder to poison to death.

In any case, no injuries to them, so they didn't die from any kind of struggle. And they're all showing up at the same time, which is at least an indicator that they all died at the same time. I bet they find a village upstream that's either empty, or everyone in it is dead, or it's missing a lot of people, but we may never hear about that because the authorities don't want us to know that our atmosphere is rapidly turning into our enemy, because that'd scare people too much.

Also, fire after fire, huge ones, have been pounding Nigeria lately, along with explosions. They may have a dead zone right off their coast there, similar to the ones in the Gulf of Mexico, but they don't have all the fighter jets and planes to help fight it off like the US does, so the gas is just gonna flow over them more or less unimpeded. In fact, they just found a college student dead in a swimming pool in Port Harcourt. Same thing as the river deaths, just on a smaller scale.

The dying in the US is generally calmer and quieter. Mostly it's people dropping dead one by one in their homes, then the ambulances cart the bodies away, no news story, no fuss, no muss, and people keep sleeping. Might be able to get our population down quite a bit that way before people wake up to what's going on.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

They may have been all men in the river for a number of reasons: 1) maybe men do all the hard fishing work in Nigeria while the women do other more traditional work (I suspect that is the case); 2) maybe the men tried to flee the gas and headed to the river, not understanding what was killing them, and men are bigger and taller and thus a little harder to poison to death.

In any case, no injuries to them, so they didn't die from any kind of struggle. And they're all showing up at the same time, which is at least an indicator that they all died at the same time. I bet they find a village upstream that's either empty, or everyone in it is dead, or it's missing a lot of people, but we may never hear about that because the authorities don't want us to know that our atmosphere is rapidly turning into our enemy, because that'd scare people too much.

Also, fire after fire, huge ones, have been pounding Nigeria lately, along with explosions. They may have a dead zone right off their coast there, similar to the ones in the Gulf of Mexico, but they don't have all the fighter jets and planes to help fight it off like the US does, so the gas is just gonna flow over them more or less unimpeded. In fact, they just found a college student dead in a swimming pool in Port Harcourt. Same thing as the river deaths, just on a smaller scale.

The dying in the US is generally calmer and quieter. Mostly it's people dropping dead one by one in their homes, then the ambulances cart the bodies away, no news story, no fuss, no muss, and people keep sleeping. Might be able to get our population down quite a bit that way before people wake up to what's going on.

Good points I hadn't considered. Working in the river, fishing. A village upstream may turn up all are dead or just some missing. I try to think rationally but how do you explain a bunch of men dropping dead in a river without any sign of a struggle? My last attempt...what if they died of some disease, which Africa is well-known for some fast and viscous deadly diseases, and that may have wiped out that village. But, then how did all the men get in the river? Forget it...I give up - sounds like a gas plume!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Remember way back in the thread when I mentioned the Houston students suddenly sickening, and somebody came along and said they couldn't find that story, and I said that it'd probably been scrubbed from search engines? Well, it's not EASY to find info about that story, but they couldn't fully remove it without going into each news station's news database and deleting it, which would have drawn huge attention if they tried that. So it did take some effort to find it, more than it should have, but I did it. Here's a link:

Students fall ill at football game

Quote: "A student told myFOXhouston he began to smell something odd when he saw his sister lose consciousness."

They tried first to blame food poisoning, but the affected students all ate at different places at different times. That wouldn't have made sense anyway, because it hit the affected students so rapidly. A firefighter who showed up got sick too. And that student smelled 'something odd' too, before his sister went down. You can't smell carbon monoxide, and the responders detected no carbon monoxide in the air, but that's ultimately what they blamed anyway, even though this is an OUTDOOR stadium and nobody was near any possible sources of carbon monoxide emissions. I would bet nobody tested for hydrogen sulfide in the air. And Texas is right on the Gulf of Mexico, e.g. near the dead zones there.

edit on 21-1-2013 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Fish do not get lost or take wrong turns, at least not in large groups. People get lost, fish do not. I agree that something else had to happen. There was a fish die off on the West Coast a couple of years ago, and the same reason was given, that the fish got lost. I never believed that.

Thank you for the thread and for all of the information. I had been wondering what the cause of all of these explosions and booms was, and you and Johnny have given a very reasonable explanation. Scary stuff.

Where is the usual crowd of skeptics and debunkers? Sure is quiet around here.

edit on 21-1-2013 by PacificBlue because: grammar

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
'Rotten egg' smell sickening thousands in France and Britain, blamed on mercaptan leak in France:

Source1
Source2

Quote: "Thousands of people, from as far away as Paris and London, have complained of nausea and headaches."

They say it's harmless mercaptan. If it's harmless then why is it giving people headaches and making people nauseous? If I was there and had a functioning H2S detector, I'd be checking for myself. Wasn't long ago that Kuwait City was told to shelter-in-place because of 'rotten egg' smell and that WAS hydrogen sulfide, just as it was in Southern California, though they blamed the former on an oil well leak and the latter on the Salton Sea.

edit on 22-1-2013 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

'Rotten egg' smell sickening thousands in France and Britain, blamed on mercaptan leak in France:

Source1
Source2

Quote: "Thousands of people, from as far away as Paris and London, have complained of nausea and headaches."

They say it's harmless mercaptan. If it's harmless then why is it giving people headaches and making people nauseous? If I was there and had a functioning H2S detector, I'd be checking for myself. Wasn't long ago that Kuwait City was told to shelter-in-place because of 'rotten egg' smell and that WAS hydrogen sulfide, just as it was in Southern California, though they blamed the former on an oil well leak and the latter on the Salton Sea.

Hey Johnny, I made a new thread in the Current Events forum on this leak - a big enough deal that I figured it needn't its own thread. How many of these events and how big do they need to be before people start taking notice? That's a pretty big area and if its so harmless why are they telling people to keep doors and windows closed?

Also, great find on the Houston story about the kids getting sick.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

Fish do not get lost or take wrong turns, at least not in large groups. People get lost, fish do not. I agree that something else had to happen. There was a fish die off on the West Coast a couple of years ago, and the same reason was given, that the fish got lost. I never believed that.

Thank you for the thread and for all of the information. I had been wondering what the cause of all of these explosions and booms was, and you and Johnny have given a very reasonable explanation. Scary stuff.

Where is the usual crowd of skeptics and debunkers? Sure is quiet around here.

edit on 21-1-2013 by PacificBlue because: grammar

Yeah, fish don't get lost and there's been way too many of these situations lately. A lot of animal die-offs and no, it's not just better reporting. Methane and hydrogen sulfide plumes makes the most sense in these fish die-off cases.

I agree. It sure is quiet. Most of the experts have been avoiding this thread from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Been following your thread from the start. Fascinating theory, and great info posted. Thank you.

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

Been following your thread from the start. Fascinating theory, and great info posted. Thank you.

Peace

No, thank you!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Mystery about methane gas bubbling in Australian River.

THE methane bubbling up through a section of the Condamine River posed no health or environmental risk, but the State Government still does not know where it comes from. Natural Resources and Mines Minister Andrew Cripps said his department had mapped 60km of the Condamine River downstream from Chinchilla Weir, as well as 10km of the Charley's Creek tributary and safety testing four gas seeps and adjacent properties. "While the results of this report don't provide definite evidence of the source or cause of the gas seeps, we are taking a long-term approach to find science-based answers to this phenomenon," Mr Cripps said.

Source

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's an article about methane in the Arctic. A lot of good information here.

Methane is a greenhouse gas. A molecule of methane has 20 times the greenhouse effect of a CO₂ molecule, and the release of methane has been linked to climatic transitions along the history of planet Earth. The Arctic contains vast reserves of methane stored as methane hydrate, a gel-like substance formed by methane molecules trapped in frozen water. The methane hydrate deposits are estimated at between 1,000 and 10,000 Gigatons (109 tons) of CO₂-equivalents as methane, much of which is present in the shallow sediments of the extensive Arctic shelves. This amount of greenhouse gas is several times the total CO₂ release since the industrial revolution.

Methane hydrates: A volatile time bomb in the Arctic

Recent assessments have found bubbling of methane on the Siberian shelf. Models suggest that global warming of 3 °C could release between 35 and 94 Gt C of methane, which could add up to an additional 0.5 °C of global warming. Moreover, frozen soils and sediments contain large amounts of methane hydrates that can be released to the atmosphere. Indeed, rapid thawing of the Arctic permaforst has been reported to lead to the release of large amounts of methane.

Understanding and forecasting the response of Arctic methane hydrate deposits to rapid warming and thawing in the Arctic is of the utmost importance. Provided the magnitude of these risks, and those associated with other tipping elements in the Arctic, our collective response to climate change appears to be a careless walk on the razor edge.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Mystery about methane gas bubbling in Australian River.

THE methane bubbling up through a section of the Condamine River posed no health or environmental risk, but the State Government still does not know where it comes from. Natural Resources and Mines Minister Andrew Cripps said his department had mapped 60km of the Condamine River downstream from Chinchilla Weir, as well as 10km of the Charley's Creek tributary and safety testing four gas seeps and adjacent properties. "While the results of this report don't provide definite evidence of the source or cause of the gas seeps, we are taking a long-term approach to find science-based answers to this phenomenon," Mr Cripps said.

Source

Nice find there, thanks! And this is why I think we're fracking our asses off - gas is gonna come out, straight into the atmosphere, or into storage containers. It's better if it goes into storage, or if we burn it for energy, and we just can't wait until it starts gushing into the atmosphere to do anything, because then it's too late, as in this case. Wherever that stuff is coming from, it's too late to suck it out and store it now; it's coming out all by itself. The more we can intercept before it gets to the atmosphere, the better off the Earth will be.

I do realize those fracking chemicals are harsh and it probably isn't going to be too great for anyone living in the area where the fracking goes on, but it'll be better for everyone else on the planet. What'd Spock say? 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.' Or something like that. Tough decisions!

Man, I'd give anything to trade in this doom for some good old-fashioned economic doom!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey Johnny, I remember you making a post a while back that this all started with the bees, and it doesn't look like its going to get any better for them this year, according to this thread that states this will be the worst year for bees. Either I saw your post on here or it was on your website, just can't remember now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That's actually in the full hypothesis: "The rising H2S levels in the atmosphere are killing off aerobic (oxygen-using) life on Earth. This began some time ago, with bees and small lizards..."

And yeah, I do watch the bees, been watching them decline for years now. Last year some were flat-out lethargic, droopy, falling off stuff and slowly crawling around, and there weren't that many either, even though I planted a ton of flowers. The wasps are still hanging in there, and they pollinate some, but nothing beats bees for pollination efficiency. I think bees have a kind of colony-memory, where they know where they've been, and send bees out to places where they haven't been. Wasps just buzz around as individuals, not working together as an efficient team, so they may go to the same flower that's already been sucked dry, because they don't know five other wasps have passed through there in the last hour, so they waste a lot of time and energy, meaning less stuff gets pollinated.

I plan on planting as big a garden as I can, again. In fact, it's almost time to start some seeds indoors. Makes oxygen, provides food, helps the biosphere, including bees and birds and squirrels and stuff. (Though I freakin' hate how wasteful squirrels are, eat one bite off a tomato then chuck it aside and go to another. Got an air rifle for those guys when they get too annoying. Heh.)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Interesting post by Cajun Boy over at the Bayou Corne Sinkhole thread.

Just got back from spending the afternoon in Bayou Corne. The stentch is all but gone thank God. On my trip home, I was about a little less than 2 miles from the sinkhole hole heading east. Around me is all sugar cane fields. Of course we just finished our harvest and grinding season, so the fields are cleared. Well in the middle of the field I seen a dozen or so flames. At certain times of the year that isn't unusual, but of I am correct, they stopped burning the cane about a month ago. And with all the rain, I don't see how anything would be dry enough to start a fire. I'm not becoming a paranoid loon or anything, but that was a highly unusual site to see at 9pm. Yall seen the bubble sites, y'all also seen the puddle of water bubble sites lol. I'm not jumping to any conclusions on this yet, but if it is the worse of the possibilities, it could of been a ground methane leak that ignited. I just wanted to share this just in case it does become something.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join