It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Over the past couple of years there has been an accelerated rise in global incidents that point to a major threat to life on earth. I put up a thread recently that discussed end times according to biblical prophecy and so close to the Dec. 21, 2012, and with that thread I made a long list of ATS threads related to strange weather and unnatural phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, I’m going in a different direction with this one.
No one can tell me that these times were living in aren’t dangerous. No one can tell me that what we are experiencing on a global level is a normal pattern that we’ve always lived with. Just from paying attention I can say with absolute certainty that something is going on with our precious earth. She ain’t happy!
After doing some research on possible scenarios presented all over the web and here on ATS, I’ve come to my own conclusions about what we are experiencing, and it’s not good. First of, what I’m going to present here is not anything new. I’ve taken this information from many other sources, which I will provide links as I go, and also from threads here.
I also want to clarify right away that this is not another Dec. 21, 2012 doomsday thread. I don’t profess to know any time tables of the destruction that awaits us. What I’m presenting here is the facts that point to the acceleration of global incidents that point to impending doom if we don’t find a way to stop it.
Of all the reading on this site and elsewhere over the months leading up to today, and asking all the questions about what is causing all the events, I heard one suggestion here at ATS on a thread about the explosion in Indianapolis last month I think puts it all together the best. That’s the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis found here

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

First, I want to define what this theory is and then I’ll explain why I think it fits to the different phenomenon occurring around the world today.

The seas, lakes and oceans are now pluming deadly hydrogen sulfide and suffocating methane. Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic water-soluble heavier-than-air gas and will accumulate in low-lying areas. Methane is slightly more buoyant than normal air and so will be all around, but will tend to contaminate our atmosphere from the top down. These gases are sickening and killing oxygen-using life all around the world, including human life, as our atmosphere is increasingly poisoned. Because both gases are highly flammable and because our entire civilization is built around fire and flammable fuels, this is leading to more fires and explosions. This is an extinction level event and will likely decimate both the biosphere and human population and it is debatable whether humankind can survive this event.

Visit the website I posted above and click the tab for “Hypothesis” and it has a more detailed explanation of this theory. But, it basically talks about the invisible deadly gas reacting away the Ozone layer which in turn allows in more UV radiation. This in turn is heating up the planet. Heat is accumulating along the coasts, specifically the Gulf Coast and up along the East Coast and other areas, and this is beginning to dissociate the methane hydrate deposits. The author of the theory states that the hydrogen sulfide is eating away the hydroxyl radicals and the ozone and it is these radicals that normally mitigate methane in the atmosphere.
This from Wikipedia

In 2010, methane levels in the Arctic were measured at 1850 nmol/mol, a level over twice as high as at any time in the 400,000 years prior to the industrial revolution. Historically, methane concentrations in the world's atmosphere have ranged between 300 and 400 nmol/mol during glacial periods commonly known as ice ages, and between 600 to 700 nmol/mol during the warm interglacial periods. It has a high global warming potential: 72 times that of carbon dioxide over 20 years, and 25 times over 100 years, and the levels are rising. Recent research suggests that the Earth's oceans are a potentially important new source of Arctic methane.

The author of the theory above claims that “the already-anoxic oceans have grown considerably more anoxic because of changes in the Gulf current that distributed heat round Florida, up the east coast and then to the east.”
Scientists from Scientific American claimed in an article that volcanic eruptions also release these gases into the air causing the cycle explained above. Here it is from the article with the link to view the article in its entirety with some graphics.

KILLER GREENHOUSE EFFECT A new model for mass extinctions at the end of the Permian period 251 million years ago and the end Triassic 50 million years later explains how intense global warming could trigger deaths in the sea and on land. Trouble begins with widespread volcanic activity that releases enormous volumes of carbon dioxide and methane (1). The gases cause rapid global warming (2). A warmer ocean absorbs less oxygen from the atmosphere (3). Low oxygen (anoxia) destabilizes the chemocline, where oxygenated water meets water permeated with hydrogen sulfi de (H2S) generated by bottom-dwelling anaerobic bacteria (4). As H2S concentrations build and oxygen falls, the chemocline rises abruptly to the ocean surface (5). Green and purple photosynthesizing sulfur bacteria, which consume H2S and normally live at chemocline depth, now inhabit the H2S-rich surface waters while oxygen-breathing ocean life suffocates (6). H2S also diffuses into the air, killing animals and plants on land (7) and rising to the troposphere to attack the planet’s ozone layer (8). Without the ozone shield, the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation kills remaining life (9).

From Scientific American

Granted, this article defines the process as something occurring over many years, but I believe that something has drastically sped up this process as witnessed with the increased frequency and intensity of weather events in the past couple of years.
Keep in mind that the author of this theory wrote it back in February of this year. Basically what the author is stating is that we are on course for an extinction level event (ELE) and that we’ll see increasing unexplained fires and explosions and more animal life dying as well as humans with no apparent reason. This we’ve been seeing on a daily basis as of late. Here are the predictions from the website about the theory

A. More fires and more explosions, especially along the coasts, but everywhere generally. B. Many more animal die-offs, of all kinds, and especially oceanic species, including sea mammals. C. More and more MULTIPLES of people will be found dead in their homes, as if they'd dropped dead. D. More corpses found in low-lying areas, all over the world. E. More unusual vehicular accidents. F. Improved unemployment numbers as people die off.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He backs up his predictions with an incredibly detailed listing of events from everywhere of unexplained fires and explosions. Check out the site on the home page, scroll down and you’ll see the list from just yesterday that lists over ten random car and van fires, several RV fires. These are vehicles that just erupt into flames. Many homes, businesses, and even boats, just erupting into flames, and these are events all over the world. The site has an immense archive of these types of events that you can browse through. Then even more chilling is the list of corpses found and most by water systems. There are ten of them found just yesterday.
The list goes on down the page with unexplained car accidents.
Then as you scroll down to other events that happened yesterday a man filmed the largest ever caught on tape glacier calving event of a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan breaking off. It’s not the largest he points out, that was earlier this summer when one twice that size broke off;

Note: Not the largest known about, but the largest recorded on film. The largest known about in the last 150 years happened earlier this summer and was twice this size. As the methane spewing from the oceans and seas reaches the upper atmosphere, it will create a kind of gigantic magnifying glass above us, the Earth will cook, and the oceans will belch more and more deadly and highly flammable heavier-than-air hydrogen sulfide into the atmosphere. This is an ancient extinction event, it is already underway, it is unstoppable, and it will eradicate the vast majority of life from the surface of the Earth, including most or all of human life. Some of us may have five years left. Many of us will not live that long. Many are already dead from the fires, explosions and poisoning...

Then there is the mass animal die offs that are occurring. Some claim that this is normal, but if you take a look at this link here, it is a very specific listing of the events like no other collection of them in one place, and you will convince yourself this is far from normal. I found this link from a thread posted by PlanetXisHERE and he also lists his own ideas for the animal die offs, which also involve the gases that are releasing into the atmosphere.

Animal Die Offs

Check out this story about the methane and hydrogen sulfide threat. This story is about the release of the gas off the coast of Russia in the Arctic. This story is a must read as this event happened one year ago on Dec. 13, 2011, and it gives a pretty good picture of the events unfolding. It talks about how methane is 20 times more potent to the ozone layer than carbon dioxide is over a 100-year cycle, which explains why the drastic increase in frequency of freak weather.

Source

Here is one post in reference to the threat detailed in story above

A 1km methane leak accounts as 1/510000000 The Earth surface area is 510 million km^2 Assuming there are at least 1000 leaks, and all are about 1km square. That would be 0.0002% of surface area. Considering the Earths atmosphere 4,200,000,000 cubic km. It would take decades to make the atmosphere explosive. Rest easy people, this is a non-doom issue atm. However, should the oceans encounter a globally universal environment where the methane build up is released simultaneously......well, then were in trouble.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
And then the response

You don't really grasp the problem. It's the hydrogen sulfide, which is produced when ancient anaerobic bacteria eat methane or biomatter. There is as much methane in the methane hydrates as all the gas and oil reserves on the planet combined. There is also a HUGE amount of biomass in the oceans which - if you hadn't noticed - are ALREADY dying. There is enough methane and biomass out there to thoroughly poison the atmosphere. Hydrogen sulfide is lethal in 1 part per thousand. One or two breathes and you're history. In lower concentrations it knocks you unconscious, like those 22 Houston students, those 136 Cambodian students, the 5 near Boston, the 60-ish Zappos workers, the family of 5 that sickened in their car in Kentucky this past week, and on and on. Our atmosphere is getting poisoned RIGHT NOW. It's also a highly flammable gas, and it's heavier than air. Remember those raging Russian fires in 2010? That was also the year the Gulf circulation stalled, making the dead zones grow in size and potency. And now this past year fires all over, from CA to FLA and everywhere in between, and Russia again, and Mexico, and South America, and Australia.

And a little more

Oh, as if flammable poison gas wasn't enough to deal with, it's also reacting away our ozone layer, like so: H2S + O3 => H2O + O2 + S. Noticed the Sun getting brighter this past year? Those schoolkids that got 'flash-burned' in Louisiana on an INDOOR field-trip to another school in JANUARY sure noticed. And seals and dolphins are showing up with lesions. That's not from Fukushima. That's from the SUN, as our ozone layer is reacted away to nothing. Noticed all the white buffalos and other albinos, and the four-armed kids, and two-headed turtles and snakes of late? Mutation rates are spiking now, from the increasing UV levels. Basically, you're gonna need a backup atmosphere, soon.

So, now you know about the hypothesis and you know about some of the results of this, the fires, mass animal die offs and the sun heating up. Now I’d like to tie in why I believe this explains all the other events occurring.
So on this thread I authored I posted a thorough list of ATS threads since Hurricane Sandy that involve super storms, quakes, volcanoes, fireballs, red rain and waters, disease, sky noise, booms, the sun and moon, orange orbs, power poles on fire, the animal die offs, warmer than usual weather, sinkholes, tremors, and glacier melts. If you scroll down you see the main list but then further through the post I update some more of the events that continue on a daily basis.

We already know that harmful UV radiation will increase with the depletion of the ozone, and remember this isn’t due to the global warming argument we have been hearing for decades because of our carbon emissions, no, this is due to the rapid release of methane gas.
First, let’s talk about disease. Microorganisms feed on the methane deposits and usually keep this in check, but with this overabundance it’s now the other way around, plenty of food for bacteria to feed on, which means more disease. We are already seeing this happen but there is also a new stain of bacterial infection quietly sweeping across the U.S. that doctors have no way to kill.

Secondly, the effects on plant and animal life this will have. We’ve already discussed this above but there was also a recent thread on ATS about large trees around the world that are dying. This all started with the unexplained death of the honeybee’s over recent years.
The climate has definitely changed. I never bought into the global warming charade until this past year, because I am witnessing our weather patterns abruptly change. The winds have changed. This is causing warmer weather where it shouldn’t be. Draughts, floods, freak tornado outbreaks, super charged hurricanes, and so forth. Evert day somewhere on the planet there is an extreme weather event. Sure, there’s always been weather events, but not ones that the media constantly label, “a once every fifty years storm,” or “something we’ve never seen before.” That’s the title on numerous events this year alone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 15-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Now comes the tricky part, where I venture out on my own here. If harmful sun rays are bombarding us right now, I believe that it may be that it doesn’t take a CME to cause a geomagnetic storm. The effects may be like having a constant geomagnetic storm. I’ve been asking this question on some threads about the possibility of the ionosphere being damaged from HAARP heating it up, but my thoughts have now turned to this idea. I asked this because of the power poles in Texas and Australia last year that simultaneously ignited, and other things, such as the increase in fireballs that are being witnessed. Could this be from the weakened atmospheric levels that protect us from these rocks? Could they be getting further into the atmosphere without burning up, thus some of the unexplained booms that are heard and light explosions in the sky. If the sun is heating us up, couldn’t this increase the strange phenomenon as well?
Here is a quote from Wikipedia about the Carrington Event, a major CME in 1859.

On September 1 – 2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. From August 28 until September 2, 1859, numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the Sun, the largest flare occurring on September 1. This is referred to as the 1859 solar superstorm or the Carrington Event. It can be assumed that a massive Coronal mass ejection (CME), associated with the flare, was launched from the Sun and reached the Earth within eighteen hours — a trip that normally takes three to four days. The horizontal intensity of geomagnetic field was reduced by 1600 nT as recorded by the Colaba observatory near Bombay, India. It is estimated that Dst would have been approximately -1750 nT.[9] Telegraph wires in both the United States and Europe experienced induced emf, in some cases even shocking telegraph operators and causing fires. Aurorae were seen as far south as Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba, and Italy — phenomena that are usually only seen near the poles. Ice cores show evidence that events of similar intensity recur at an average rate of approximately once per 500 years. Since 1859, less severe storms have occurred, notably in 1882,[10] 1921 (May 1921 geomagnetic storm), with disruption of telegraph service and inititation of fires, and 1960, when widespread radio disruption was reported

Notice the similarities of telegraph operators claiming they had unexplained fires erupt to the many unexplained fires we are experiencing now, especially the power poles.
Then there’s the quakes and volcanoes. There have been studies to see if geomagnetic storms can cause quakes, and most say no, but there is some that suggest they may trigger them.

There is strong evidence of electromagnetic processes responsible for earthquake triggering, that we study extensively. We will focus here on one correlation between power in solar wind compressional fluctuations and power in magnetospheric pulsations and ground H component fluctuations. The variation of the horizontal component H of the geomagnetic field is the crucial parameter in the Magneto-Seismic Effect MSE to be discussed in a companion paper. The connection of earthquake activity to possible solar or solar wind drivers is not well understood; many authors have attempted correlations in the past with mixed results

Source

When the massive Japan quake struck last year causing the Fukishima event, there was a very powerful solar storm taking place. The website above states “It is likely that in the electrical terms any tectonic fault is also the weakest point. Geomagnetic storm of March 11, 2010 coinciding with the Japan’s mega-quake lasted nearly 24 hours.”
I believe this may also be causing other planetary phenomenon such as the sink holes, earth cracks, the sky noises, the red waters and rains, etc. I won’t explain all that here because this thread is going on long enough but I would like to close with a comment about the underground booms and shakes. I believe this is more natural. It could be our government building the underground bunkers so many of us believe they are, because they know about this ELE that is in our not-so distant future and they may think that it is their only chance to somehow extend humanity beyond what ever this may have in store for us.
The author of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis says he believes there building these bunkers, “to minimizing dealing with the invisible waves of lethal heavier-than-air gas that is even now building up in our atmosphere.”
Will it matter? If it truly is an extinction level event can they save themselves?
If these articles are true, can it be reversed? I don’t know, I’m just supporting the hypothesis to explain the multitudes of unexplainable events occurring as we speak throughout the world.
This is one article I hope can be debunked.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hiyas! I'm new here. I'm the author of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. I figured I'd drop in, seeing as I was quite impressed with how well RezLooper pulled things together. I think you even went back to the original G_L_P thread and pulled some of my ancient posts out, didn't you, Rez? (Not complaining! That's why I provided the link.) Not here to tread on RezLooper's thread in any way. I will be respectful and quiet, unless I have something pertinent to add. (In which case I'll still be respectful, just not so quiet. Heh.)

edit on 15-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: Correcting ambiguity

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

Thanks for dropping by, nice to have the author on board. It's a very interesting theory to say the least. I'm surprised there aren't more debunkers on here, kind of makes me nervous. I was expecting the usual bunch to come on and claim this a bunch of drivel and nonsense.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Thanks for dropping by, nice to have the author on board. It's a very interesting theory to say the least. I'm surprised there aren't more debunkers on here, kind of makes me nervous. I was expecting the usual bunch to come on and claim this a bunch of drivel and nonsense.

kinda like they did on my thread?

no one takes it seriously..go figure..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Maybe the 'debunkers' are tired of losing those battles. I've gone to battle with every kind of debunker known to man over the last year or two, and they've all fallen by the wayside, and the things I said would happen are still happening, the science still stands. Also, I pointed out to the agents of deception once upon a time: if someone comes bearing a truth and you're trying to hide that truth, then arguing with the person bearing the truth just draws more attention and more eyeballs to the very thing you don't want people looking at. I think they took that to heart. That's when they banned all discussion of this topic on The Other Place. If you can't win the argument, they figured, just don't allow the discussion to happen at all. Guess I shouldn't have given them that tactical advice. Heh.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Makes a whole lot of sense! And by the way, welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why thank you! Again, you did such a good job of putting things together with your original post, felt I ought to stop in and let you know that I appreciated that work. And hey, maybe someone will have some questions, and maybe I can help. (Not that I know all answers though! Still looking for answers to stuff myself!) I was thinking about making a FAQ, but not really sure what to put in it; that's the problem with being so close to this for so long: I sometimes just assume people know this or know that, when that's probably not the case.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Wow Rez...I had to comment because I want to read your post later. I've noticed you go all out Kudos for you my friend. I still want to know how you got my pic as your avatar???RALMFAO

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

With all the crazy ideas floating around here, after I delved into your site, it just made the most sense when you consider all of these events. Also, I'd be answering you a little quicker but I'm having some serious troubles with my internet rigt now, really slow. Taking a while for pages to load and then it times out. Oh well, I can answer some more tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

What avatar, you mean my picture

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I knew about the potential of mehtane hydrates but i'd never even thought about the bacterial/hydrogen sulphide connection. Do you have any time line or possible sequence of events based on your theory. It does seem that if your hypothesis is correct then we are all literaly doomed. Cheery stuff !

Got to confess i've heard numerous end of the world theory's. My main question would be has any of your theory been reviewed by any scientific bodies or at least had proffesional chemists/biologists have a look at your work. I hope you haven't as then i can add an element of disbelief into my analysis of this thread.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Interesting thread. I knew about the potential of mehtane hydrates but i'd never even thought about the bacterial/hydrogen sulphide connection. Do you have any time line or possible sequence of events based on your theory. It does seem that if your hypothesis is correct then we are all literaly doomed. Cheery stuff !

No way to know the timeline, but since this is fueled by bacterial growth rates, and bacteria breed like...well, bacteria, then the 'catastrophe curve' will steepen rapidly. I've been watching this since around 2009. That's when I first started suspecting what was going on. And then when the Gulf current changed in 2010 everything really seemed to start escalating rapidly. Now this year there have been three big events involving large-scale methane hydrates releasing (in the Arctic, off the East Coast, and off the coast of Israel). Hydrogen sulfide detected in California, 'rotten egg' smell mentioned in Britain, Australia and elsewhere. For the first time in history a major metropolitan area (Kuwait City) was issued a shelter-in-place warning due to hydrogen sulfide. Hydrogen sulfide was detected around that sinkhole in Louisiana. Methane is bubbling up from the ground in Pennsylvania, from the ground and rivers in Australia.

So, best guess, we've got 5 years. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and we have 10 years. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic too and we have less than 5 years. That's why maybe we ought to wake up and concentrate on this problem - on maximizing human survival - like a laser, before we're too weakened to do much. Think of all the energy and resources we're wasting, selling each other 30-year mortgages for coastal properties that will probably be gone in a few years from fires or explosions, building useless stuff that contributes nothing to our survival, that kind of thing. If ALL of our energy and ALL of our talented people focused on THIS problem then I think a lot more people could survive. The difference could be you, or me, or if not us then people we care about.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Great response, glad you're here Johnny

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I shall be looking into this matter over the next couple of days. I really hope you're wrong about the extent of the potential damage to the world though i'm pretty certain about some aspect of this thread. For example the increase in methane releases from the arctic region and the Siberia tundra are well documented. Anyways getting late here, thanks for the heads up and look forward to following this thread.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Nobody knows for sure how long it's going to take before it really starts cooking. From what I've read, +12c is about the max avarage temp increase globally that can happen. People will certainly survive. Some areas will be effected more than others. Various elite already have sustainable bunkers with hydroponic setups to last a generation or so = clean air to breathe. Not to mention technological progression in the space department.

Hopefully there's still a couple of decades left to innovate our way out of this mess. It's going to be another decade or so before we oust the ruling class and unite. Gonna be a close call for the laymen!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are scientists who believe that at least one of the prehistoric extinctions was caused by the sudden and massive release of methane from methane hydrate. So your theory is more mainstream than you might have thought. S&F to you for one of the best researched and thought out threads I have seen on ATS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join