It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

DAK LAK (VNS)— The Serepok River in the Central Highlands provinces of Dak Lak and Dak Nong has witnessed a mass die-off of fish in the past two days. Hundreds of local residents flocked to the river to gather the dead fish for sale. The fish included species of carp and catfish. Pollution from nearby industrial zones have been blamed for the catastrophe. The Dak Nong People's Committee has already levied a fine of VND225 million (US$10,700) against a company in the Tam Thang Industrial Zone in Cu Jut District for discharging waste into the river. — VNS

Serepok River sees mass fish die-off

I don't think I'd be buying any off these fish! Locals gathered them up to sell them. They'll probably end up on the American Market!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Another sinkhole: Fullerton, CA

Both directions of Euclid Street will remain closed overnight as crews work to repair a sinkhole, authorities said. Crews about 3 p.m. were called to assess a sinkhole on Euclid between Commonwealth Avenue and Valencia Drive, the Fullerton Police Department said.ADVERTISEMENT The sinkhole is believed to have been caused by a broken 12-inch water main, police said. No accidents or injuries were reported. Authorities don't expect to reopen the roadway until Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey Johnny, you have any thoughts on this high rise explosion at a Mexican oil company in Mexico City.

5 dead, dozens injured at high rise explosion

The story says that it was a gas build-up in the basement, but it's not the official cause yet. People in the building reported a problem with the power shortly before the explosion.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Two ATS threads in a row on fragile earth forum. One in Russia has four volcanoes going off at same time. The second thread below is about a super volcano waking up in Italy. This is there super volcano similar to our Yellowstone. There has been a lot of volcano activity lately, just check out daily volcano report on the celestial convergence site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Global Volcanism

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Third 6.0 or better in this region off coast of Alaska or Canada in the past few months. A 7.5 there on Jan. 5. This is also the fourth large quake globally in the past couple of days. This article from Celestial Convergence calls it planetary tremors; a seismic uptick. The Quake Watch thread has been pretty active all the month of January.

6.0 off coast of Alaska

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ONE EXTREME AFTER ANOTHER:

This one is a bit freaky, granted that this part of the world does experience the worst hailstorms, but there has been one freak storm after another the past couple of months all over the planet. Take a look at the size of these hailstones or should I say hailboulders!

This was another one of those "Once-in-a-lifetime" events as described in the article.

It was once-in-lifetime experience for people living in seven villages in Chevella, Moinabad and Shankarpally. The hailstones started falling from the sky on Tuesday night and covered the entire villages under the snow-like blanket.

Hailstones the size of boulders have rained down on villages in southern India. At least nine people were killed when the violent weather hit several villages in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The hailstorm which lasted for almost 20 minutes, destroyed crops, houses and live stock, causing devastating financial implications for residents

9 dead as freak hailstorm rains down massive boulders on villages

edit on 31-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another Sinkhole:

om510b51bd.jpg[/pic]]Massive sinkhole in Birmingham, AL

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Construction at Birmingham's $64 million baseball stadium is hampered with a recent discovery of a massive sinkhole at the entrance to the sports facility. City officials said the sinkhole, which was at least 100-feet deep, is repaired but forces the relocation of sewer lines at the site.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Pilot loses consciousness while in flight

Story says that pilot may have had food poisoning or the flu. He lost consciousness in flight and the co-pilot had to divert the flight and safely land. Earlier in this thread Johnny had talked about his Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis that things like this have occurred and would occur. Maybe pilot was gassed by hydrogen sulfide poisoning. It certain doses can cause a person to lose consciousness. I would say that maybe he flew through one of these hydrogen sulfide plumes as it was rising into atmosphere before it settles back down, but the only doubt I would have is why only the pilot and no one else on the plane? This also fits into the hypothesis because the incident was on a coastline. Maybe Johnny could weigh in here.

An Alaska Airlines flight was diverted to Portland, Oregon, after the captain lost consciousness and the first officer was forced to take over, an airline spokesman said. The incident occurred Thursday night on Flight 473 from Los Angeles to Seattle, airline spokesman Paul McElroy said. When the captain lost consciousness, the first officer took over and piloted the aircraft to the closest airport, he said. A doctor on board the airplane treated the pilot until it landed in Portland and medical personnel arrived, he said. The captain was likely suffering from food poisoning or the flu, Alaska Airlines said Friday. The condition of the captain was not immediately available, but he "is doing better today," airline spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said. There were 116 passengers and five crew members on board the plane, which landed in Portland without incident, according to the airline. The airline did not release the name of the captain but said he has been flying with Alaska for 28 years. The first officer has been with the airline for 11 years.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Another fireball. This is a lot of meteor rocks or a lot of space junk. Either way, there's been a lot of streaking fireballs witnessed.

Green fireball seen over Lincolnshire

"It is difficult to say whether this was a chunk of man-made space debris or a piece of asteroid," he said. "Images and eyewitness reports will be collated by the British Astronomical Association and some months down the line they may get an idea of what it actually was." Astronomer Philip Norton, of Thirsk Drive, North Hykeham, said: "From the description on the web it sounds like a lump of rock about the size of a football hit the atmosphere. This is not uncommon. It just never seems to happen over the UK when the sky is clear.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Heh, sorry I got scarce there - end of the month, beginning of a new month, so had to deal with the hyoooge January monthly update.

I saw the Pemex explosion, mentioned it on one of the daily updates. I noticed the explosion was on the lower floors too, so methane coming up from below ground or hydrogen sulfide infiltrating the building then flowing to the lower levels and accumulating, would be my guess.

As to why the pilot lost consciousness but not the co-pilot, well, hydrogen sulfide doesn't always instantly affect you. There can be a delayed reaction, from minutes to hours to even days. You breathe some in, then the blood vessels in your head may start popping and that may not have any huge effect until ENOUGH blood vessels have popped to give you an aneurism or knock you unconscious or make you lethargic, or make you lose your ability to speak intelligibly, or make you forget who you are, or whatever. (Remember all the news casters and Judge Judy with their 'burtations'?)

Also, could be the gas was building up in, say, the latrine, and the pilot went to take a whizz and got a breath there, but the co-pilot didn't. Or the pilot was inhaling at the wrong time, but the co-pilot was exhaling then. It really could come and go that fast. Could be the pilot got some in his clothes too, before boarding, and the co-pilot didn't. Lots of possibilities.

And man, that was SOME HAILSTORM! Holy crap, those rocks were HUGE. I see why it killed people. Some of those chunks must weigh 10 or 20 pounds!

edit on 2-2-2013 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Take a look at the size of these hailstones or should I say hailboulders!

Hailboulders! My god. Lethal. How do you think this is connected to the gas releases? They should have a warming influence, no?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Take a look at the size of these hailstones or should I say hailboulders!

Hailboulders! My god. Lethal. How do you think this is connected to the gas releases? They should have a warming influence, no?

There's two answers to this. First, in regards to cooling, as the atmosphere heats up, temps rise and that means there will be more moisture in the air, thus bigger rain falls, bigger snow falls. You'd think that with big snow events it would be an indicator of cooling instead of heating, but that's not the case here. Throughout the 1900's global temps rose .8 degree and this slight rise gave way for a 7% increase in moisture in the atmosphere. That was prior to the 2000's, the hottest decade since they started keeping records. When you factor in the last decade the averages have risen 1.33 degrees over the last 100 years. That's a lot of moisture in the air. This isn't saying that there's more snow throughout the year, just saying that when it snows it pours.

But here is a quote from Johnny earlier in this thread about hailstorms and why he believes they have everything to do with hydrogen sulfide.

I did mention the freak hailstorms because the reaction of hydrogen sulfide with the ozone layer (H2S + O3 --> H2O + O2 + S) would produce water in the upper atmosphere, which might then come down as hail, basically hailing the results of that chemical reaction down upon us from time to time.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Smell of gas in elevator at the Superbowl in coastal New Orleans (Louisiana), and also a power outage:

Source

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic
Smell of gas in elevator at the Superbowl in coastal New Orleans (Louisiana), and also a power outage:

Source

Great find Johnny, that's interesting. I was watching the game and when power went out, I thought right away about your hypothesis...New Orleans close to the Gulf...LA sinkhole...many chemical smells lately...methane bubbling...and even some booms, and many of your strange events and explosions on your website. They seem to be right in the middle of a lot of this activity. I can't wait to see what the official cause of the power outage was. I know the story says its under investigation. I take it they didn't find anything about the gas smell at the elevator.

Maybe the power outage was a pisst off Niner's fan trying to change the momentum. It almost worked!

By the way, a lot of activities I have been watching had quite the uptick in December and then even more in January. What would you say about the mysterious deaths and explosions.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Thanks for the reply Rez, makes sense. Over here in the UK we have seen a lot more snow and rain than is usually expected for January.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Thanks for the reply Rez, makes sense. Over here in the UK we have seen a lot more snow and rain than is usually expected for January.

Yeah, haven't you guys been under the Great Deluge of 2012? Haven't you had a few floods this winter?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yep, uptick in December then more in January. That January monthly complete event list was a beotch. My wrists were hurting after that one.

That nasty bus crash east of Los Angeles yesterday was pretty obviously caused by the brake-friction and tire absorbency problem. People smelled the brakes burning up then the bus couldn't stop, so they had a terrifying 3 minutes as the bus dodged cars and roared downhill until the bus driver couldn't handle the situation anymore and crashed, killing 8 people and injuring 20 or 25 more. Riding in buses is just gonna get more exciting from here on out, if 'exciting' is the right word.

edit on 4-2-2013 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Plane fills with smoke, returns to O'Hare in Chicago, 1 hospitalized:

Plane fills with smoke

Looks like flying in planes is gonna get pretty exciting too!

BTW, I added a FAQ, top menu item. Only has one question in it now. If you have other questions you think should be added, by all means ask the question in the comments area. Can't promise to be able to answer every question - I wish I could - but I'll do my best and if it's a question that seems like multiple people might ask, then I'll add it to the FAQ list.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic
Yep, uptick in December then more in January. That January monthly complete event list was a beotch. My wrists were hurting after that one.

That nasty bus crash east of Los Angeles yesterday was pretty obviously caused by the brake-friction and tire absorbency problem. People smelled the brakes burning up then the bus couldn't stop, so they had a terrifying 3 minutes as the bus dodged cars and roared downhill until the bus driver couldn't handle the situation anymore and crashed, killing 8 people and injuring 20 or 25 more. Riding in buses is just gonna get more exciting from here on out, if 'exciting' is the right word.

What is the brake-friction and tire absorbency problem in relation to your hypothesis? Or how would H2S be cause of this bus crash?
edit on 5-2-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Tires are rubber, which is semi-absorbent, like wood, clothing, etc. And tires rest on the ground. So, tires absorb some hydrogen sulfide over time, then when brakes are applied, brake-friction generates heat. Because the tires have hydrogen sulfide in them, the heat is much more intense than it would normally be (hydrogen sulfide burns very hot) and then bad things happen: tires explode or ignite, power steering lines or brake lines burn up, brakes themselves catch on fire, and sometimes the entire vehicle ends up burning.

That's why in many of the moving vehicle fires, you can see from the pictures that the fire began in the wheel wells. (Some of those fires are caused by the copper reactivity problem too, so this isn't the cause of ALL of the moving vehicle fires, just many of them.) And obviously, this problem is going to affect larger vehicles more, because they are more massive, which means more brake friction required to slow, and thus more chance that this problem will manifest. This is the same reason why plane tires are exploding on landing so often now - that's when planes have to hit their brakes the hardest. Sometimes (more on small planes) they blow a tire and then their landing gear digs into the ground and collapses. If it's their nose gear, the plane often flips over.

edit on 5-2-2013 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join