It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thas BS argument. Lol. Nobody is going to say that or do that. If somebody is sick, we don't make em sicker. I think you're just out of arguments and that's why you use this one.

The guy made a good point. Guns were banned at that school and there was nobody there to protect the kids. So whether you want to admit it or not, the lack of guns is a concern.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You can take the gun a way from the crazy but you can't take the crazy out of the crazy. Gun ban will not solve the problem. Crazies will find other ways to commit these crimes. Bombs, biological, axes, etc...they'll find a way. Sad world we live in and I feel for my kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

and dont forget the zombies..and every other b/s excuse.

Oops I forgot that they need their guns to defend them against the Zombie uprising, I believe it is due to start next week.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would like all gun owners to do that, but it goes against my Libertarian beliefs.
The state nor Federal Govt have the Constitutional power to do so.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think a big part of the problem is the feel good policy of every child gets a trophy, every child wins. We must lose to learn to cope with losing. We coddle our children and tell them how great they are, how their very existance will make the world better. Then we throw them into reality and they can't cope with failing. Teach your children that it is ok to fail. They will fail more than they will succeed. This is reality and they will learn more from failing than they will from all this faked winning.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

That's because schools are "gun free zones" moron. Gosh, that didn't deter the CRIMINAL, did it?

CRIMINALS don't care about LAWS. You and your bleeding heart idealism are not going to stop a criminal from committing a crime, and banning guns are not going to make guns magically disappear. Remember, alcohol was banned once, too. Remember how it "disappeared"?

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Moron?

So how did the gunmen enter the school gun free zone? It's not a gun repellent, just because it's a gun free zone doesn't mean you can't walk in with a gun.

So I'm sure someone could have gone in and tried to be the hero, some of you think you are.

That's not the point though, maybe there wasn't anyone present with a gun to help.

The fact is though, this gun free zone wasn't very gun free was it?

You've just driven home my point. Kudos.

This just made my day and proved to me that some people have a total breakdown in logic. The LAW ABIDING citizens will ABIDE by the LAW of the signs posted. A criminal will not. Arm the criminal and leave the innocent as fish in a barrel.

Oh, I see. You are saying that because there are restrictive laws that prohibit guns on schools, that criminals will disregard those laws, that we must now ban all guns so that criminals won't have them to commit these kinds of crimes?

Okay.. breakdown in logic. GOTCHA.

I think we should ban alcohol again. Since YOU weren't in charge of it last time, I'm sure it would work much better this time if YOU run things.

Breakdown in logic indeed.

No I'm saying banning guns would do NOTHING to stop gun crimes.

I was agreeing with you. I was saying the other guy was being illogical by disregarding the fact that Criminals don't obey the law but the innocent do.

Well damn, dude. Something in your original response sounded like you were agreeing with the OP.

No worries, happens that way. I took no offense.

link   
reply to post by macman

So, your limited interaction of Americans has created a false idea of what most are or think. A representative of Haliburton does not necessarily reflect American Values. Nor does any of the shootings you see on TV.

In terms of thoughts on gun ownership he seems to represent the majority of Americans rather well.

Ive had many opportunities to deal with Yanks (not a derogatory term, same as Pom or Kiwi to us Aussies)
and the vast majority (or at least those residing in the US) fit the stereotype perfectly.

Quite loud, confident, brash and almost oblivious to the rest of the world.
Obviously people on this forum break the mold on that one but Im sure youll agree you lot are a minority in your country.

A bunch of places. ME, Canada, Mexico, Ocean Islands.

OK, but hardly what Id call a varied or good sample size to give you any idea how the rest of the world gets on just fine without feeling the need to be armed

link   
On the issue of mental health, I don’t think that fixing mental health problems is going to put a stop to these mass shootings. Mental health is very complex 1 in 4 people have a mental health condition, it is actually very rare that any of these people become violent, but when they do for them to legal own a gun is only asking for problems.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We obviously need to lower the age limit for Concealed Carry so toddlers can defend themselves.

If only a 5 year old had been there with a gun this would have never happened!

We need more kids with guns!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We obviously need to lower the age limit for Concealed Carry so toddlers can defend themselves.

We need more kids with guns

I find that comment repulsive perhase you should change it

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I like your point. It may also contribute to increased gun violence.

Again, I think all the violence in sports and tv and video games is important too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Got to run. I will respond later.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ah, yes. I remember you, OP. You are the one who said, not long ago, that there's just too many people in the world, and that we need to get rid of them. Well, it seems to me that you're getting your wish, with all of these shootings as of late.

I think the agenda for gun control (and population control, for that matter, both of which are strong desires of the quote-unquote "elite") will stop at nothing. That piece of paper you say we're hiding behind is just an illusion, no different than paper money. It only means something if you allow it to. But in reality, if someone wants to own a gun, they will. Legal or illegal, it makes little difference. Just like drugs. Illegal? So what. Plenty of people have been doing them for years and years. Banning guns is not going to work. The world is too broken for band-aids to have any effect, now.

link   
Passionate but Naive. It is already illegal to have a gun within 1000 ft of a school; it is already illegal to commit murder; and it is illegal to buy a firearm if you have a history of mental illness (assuming there is a history with the shooters and it is not a staged false flag event). Do you honestly believe that making all guns will make criminals (including the criminally insane) follow the law and turn them in? Do you think that it would be safer if only such people had guns? Wouldnt it make more sense to have trained, armed security personnel (ie off duty police) on site at public schools to minimize the damage by at least being in the position to take out the shooter? It is both saddening and sickening but repealing the Second Amendment is not the answer.
edit on 14-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Will you stop retrospectively rewriting what I'm saying to suit your argument please?

Something I have learned in life. When you hit a chord, you will hear the tune.
I guess you don't like that your words are being turned against you.

No, I don't like that someone is making up what I have said in previous posts to support their argument.

When a person resorts to lying about what someone has said in a debate, you know they have already failed.

You have failed. Anyone can go back through this thread and see that I stated other nations do not have gun ownership like that of the USA. Anyone can read this. You then lied, and changed this, trying to state that I said no other nation has gun ownership.

Clearly, you are grasping at straws because you cannot defend your own argument against other points, so you make something to attack instead.

Please, if you have the gumption, tell me how you think the armed American people will defend against tyranny that includes hundreds of thousands of armed and trained troops, fighter jets, tanks, intelligence agencies, drones, chemical and biological weapons.

I would like to see you deny that revolutions in other countries have come about not through gun ownership of the people, but through the defection of their own military and external arming by other nations.

I'd like to see you explain that those who wrote the 2nd Amendment somehow knew that their little pop-pop guns would evolve into weapons capable of murdering hundreds of people a minute, and that they were fine with that.

The fact is, you're focusing on one little line of BS that you made up, to deflect from the fact that you cannot argue against facts and logic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

obviously while people can even bring themselves to say such comments as yours...these things will keep happening.

you are nothing but an oxygen thief.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
please please tell my you were being sarcastic. even then not the thing to say.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Originally posted by muse7

obviously while people can even bring themselves to say such comments as yours...these things will keep happening.

you are nothing but an oxygen thief.

I think it's clear that this was sarcasm.

Although, with the mentality of many on here, I'm sure there are some Republicans who think all toddlers should look like Rambo.

It's the second amendment after all, there is no age limit on the right to own a gun!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by blupblup

Thas BS argument. Lol. Nobody is going to say that or do that. If somebody is sick, we don't make em sicker. I think you're just out of arguments and that's why you use this one.

The guy made a good point. Guns were banned at that school and there was nobody there to protect the kids. So whether you want to admit it or not, the lack of guns is a concern.

Again, I would contend that it is not the presence or absence of guns that is the issue which should be contended. It is the fact that an individual saw killing children as something which needed to be done, for whatever reason.

It is completely ineffective and short sighted to focus entirely on the tool used rather than the action itself and the motivation for that action. If this was done with a bomb, it would be no less repulsive, nor could the presence of firearms guarantee safety. However, it is much easier to just focus on the guns than the behavior and what led to the action.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join