It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Malynn

Why do Americans have this odd paranoia about their government what do you mean when they go too far.

200 years ago I could see the point, but now not so much…..

Really what do you think is going to happen if they take your guns, the following week they will put every American into a FEMA camp to work as slaves of the illuminati…

Why do Americans have paranoia about our government? Have you been to this site before? Seriously, you are kidding right? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. However, I will say that your knee-jerk reactionary hyperbole aside: the name of the game in oppression these days is incrementalism. Of course they won't throw us in camps the week after they take our guns. That's probably scheduled for 50 or 100 years after they take our guns.

congratulations...you obviously finished your schooling. there are 20 kids today who wont and will never be able to use "big words" to defend the weapon that killed them.

anyway lets call it quits. we have different opinions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

Richard Henry Lee

So why is not basic gun training being given to every child of an age to be able to handle and by legal force every adult citizen of the united states made to carry a fire arm as the words "always possess" does to me infer that the people should at all times carry such weaponry

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The gun homicides get the most attention, because the left is trying to get rid of guns. Naturally they would get the most attention. Ofcourse, no one counts the homicides by stabbings, beatings, blunt force objects, drugs, hit and runs etc. because the left isn't raging about those. So obviously there is a greater agenda at work here. The destruction of the second amendment. Yes this incident is a tragedy, but put the blame where it goes, on mentally deranged people running around undiagnosed and probably unmedicated. You have major issues if you're in your 20's and you have the urge to annihilate some little kids.
edit on 14-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Was that supposed to pull at my heart strings Bella? I'm supposed to fall down crying and agree we should hand over our guns? Using a horrible tragedy and the pain of the parents grieving their beautiful babies to try and strip the populace of their rights is disgusting and despicable. Save your moral outrage for where it belongs: on the people who would commit such heinous acts.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
What kind of sick and twisted society has to declare schools as "Gun free zones?" The fact you have to do that is twisted beyond beliefe..

Wow.. Just fricken wow..
edit on 14-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

The same one in which psychopaths who want to kill people target such institutions. Because it invokes an emotional response. That and they are all bat # crazy aside at least smart enough to know that because of that designation no one there can stop them. Ever hear of a gun show/store shooting spree? Me neither. Why, because everyone there has a gun. Note that most of these shooting take place where the establishment has posted a no weapons placard.

I hardly think that is a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well good sir let me ask you a second set of questions

If these teachers had been armed, would the children be alive?

I am Pagan as well.. BTW

Predation occurs in nature... occurs a lot..

The goddess gave each animal the tools and means to deal with predators... Why are tools purposely withheld from those who could have stopped it?

Columbine
9-11
Virginia Tech
Arizona
Ft.Hood
Aurora
colorado

Connecticut

Each time predators struck the people where unarmed... by rules... denied the very tools made available

Our religion venerates life, but the exception is dealing with these predators.. Yes, karma and the law of three comes into effect..

In your magical learnings you will come across a simple paradigm... The requirement of forethought and being prepared..

this is no different then preparing a ritual.. proper pre-planning eliminates a lot of problems and is a tool we as humans have been blessed with...

Again how is being prepared in this manner disgusting... The Goddess has provided the means... With armed teachers this would have not happened to this degree

www.nydailynews.com...

In fact, some mass shootings have been stopped by armed citizens. Though press accounts downplayed it, the 2002 shooting at Appalachian Law School was stopped when a student retrieved a gun from his car and confronted the shooter. Likewise, Pearl, Miss., school shooter Luke Woodham was stopped when the school's vice principal took a .45 fromhis truck and ran to the scene. In February's Utah mall shooting, it was an off-duty police officer who happened to be on the scene and carrying a gun.

www.davekopel.com...&gun.htm

this is over the one in pearl

en.wikipedia.org...

The shooting was cited by John Lott[16] and others[17] as an example of the media's bias against guns, describing how the use of a firearm in a defensive role was not reported in most news stories of the event.[18]

As a Pagan you should also be aware of one simple thing... If they limit or restrict one amendment the others are on the table which means the one protecting us goes on the Table...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Gun safety and gun training IS available for kids. You can take gun classes in WI when you're like 10. Why don't they force everyone to? How should I know?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How about banning the guns.

Granted this can never be done overnight but surly this latest incident highlights that its time that more is done.

The last country on Earth we want giving up their guns is the people of the United States, trust me, it would be a big mistake...
edit on 14-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The last civilisation on Earth we want giving up their guns is the people of the United States, trust me, it would be a big mistake...

why?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes, US Political Madness is certainly an appropriate place for a thread with this title.

OP seems to show a poor grasp of logic and reason with his comments.

Not to mention a poor grasp of our culture.

There are already so many guns on the streets, illegally, that banning guns will primarily only keep law abiding citizens from owning them. When I was younger, I may or may not have once known some people from whom I could get weapons you would not believe, with serial numbers filed off, for very very VERY cheap. Up to and including fully automatic weapons and high-caliber stuff. These people were not asking for registration, or identification. They did not care if you had any felonies, or if you were mentally unstable. They just cared to make their money (and possibly get rid of guns which had already been used to commit other crimes-- this is common for "hot" guns on the street) There are lots of these people out there. Any city large enough to have organized gang activity. Which these days, is just about anything larger than a small town.

When I was a kid I saw a bumper sticker, that I will never forget. What it said was:

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

And there is quite a lot of truth to this.

Also, apparently you've never heard of murder by knife, or sword, or garotte, or bomb, or lead pipe, or VEHICLE, or poison, or....

Maybe if we had a penal system which focused on rehabilitating prisoners and decreasing recidivism rates, instead of focused on arbitrary punishments and making money off locking people up, we would see far less of this stuff. Likewise for a functioning and available health care (including psychological) system. You are just seeing unfortunate side effects of a VERY broken system. Guns have almost nothing to do with this. They are a common tool, that is all.

edit on 14-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Your british correct sir...

As a member of the UK you should be aware of the American revolution... You taught us during this time period that an unarmed populace can be controlled much easier then an armed one...

If mommy is not happy with the lesson she should not have taught it...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Back in the day everyone was in equal terms in armament. There weren't tanks, fighters, drones, battleships, nukes etc. etc. So the modern day citizen no matter how armed to teeth is not even with the government. That's one reason why the argument against tyranny doesn't hold up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How many of these recent shootings were the shooters on doctor prescribed medications with crazy "side affects"? That is the discussion we should be having, not gun control. Big pharma and doctors all too eagar to write scripts and meet their quotas I believe has alot to do with the recent shootings.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Your british correct sir...

As a member of the UK you should be aware of the American revolution...

You taught us during this time period that an unarmed populace can be controlled much easier then an armed one...

If mommy is not happy with the lesson she should not have taught it...

Yes mummy did teach you a lesson.

Now daddy is telling you to grow up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Actually it does matter and is not an academic point...

With proper use of tactics and good timing the guns provide the citizens with the means to deal with those threats...

The tanks and drones have weaknesses that can be dealt with... also they can be taken down with the right ammo and guns...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

FWIW, there was an assault on school kids in China today with a knive....20 casualties.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yes mommy did... mommy has to call on us for help when daddy is mean to her..

So we fall to name calling and snide comments ok...

are not most guns banned...

news.bbc.co.uk...

yet people are still killed by guns... I guess it is acceptable losses to the british

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Tell me why an entire country should surrender their weapons because of a loose cannon? Since when does everyone get punished for the actions of one?

Oh wait a minute, that happens in Australia because we are a bunch of pussies who can't trust ourselves with weapons and the government are always right.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

there was an assault on school kids in China today with a knive....20 casualties.

And there was a shooting at a school today that left 28 dead, not injured but dead and there have been several mass shootings of this type in America in the past year.

This whole knife vs gun thing is just a red hearing the debate is about guns not knifes.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

BBC 22 people ... knife attack

A man with a knife has wounded 22 children - at least two of them seriously - and an adult at a primary school in central China.

odd is it not... I guess big brother will go after dining tools next

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join