It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So here I am sitting watching the news, I see a young boy talking about how he “saw and heard” the bullets of a gun man. The headline below this innocent child’s face reads “27 people killed in Connecticut shooting, 18 children”.

I am not to beat about the bush hear but as a British guy looking in on this I am shocked, there have been more of these type of mass shootings this year than I can count. Every month I am seeing some state governor passing on his heartfelt condolences to the families of the dead.

How about this instead America rather than having your leaders “apologise” to all the dead families how about you do this? Get out of the Wild West and the 18th century and BAN THE GUN!!! You are not cowboys anymore, you are not John Rambo the British are not about to invade you.

For the “guns don’t kill people, people do”, stop hiding behind an old cliché, if you lot bothered with proper gun control I would not be watching this disturbing story.

To be clear, I am not saying ban all guns or ban the gun overnight, what I am saying is that you lot need to grow up and some proper gun regulation. You need gun reform, it’s very simple, none of you gun enthusiasts needs 40 guns with 1200 rounds of ammunition.

Stop hiding behind that ancient bit of paper, your constitution, you all need to grow a set and sort out your gun problem before you have anoter 18 dead kids, who knows next time it could be one of yours, I pray it is not and i pray for the families of those affected

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

+111 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ban attacks on the second amendment.

An armed population is a population protected from a tyranical government.

People die and are injured much more in vehicle crashes...why don't you try and ban those and leave the people's protection alone.

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

It’s getting to the stage that enough is enough something has to be done.

+68 more 
link   
Because banning/making drugs illegal completely eradicated drugs, and the addiction and abuse and all.

It's not a gun issue, it's a societal and mental health issue perpetuated by the barrage of contradictions that overwhelm stimuli on a daily basis.

ETA: For every crazy SOB with a gun, there are 100 responsible owners.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No.

Why do people constantly try to punish those who did not do anything?

The second stays and if people don't like it tough because it always takes a person behind the trigger and you can't legislate behavior.
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, mentally deranged people with access to firearms do. No doubt the left wing will be barking out orders to ban firearms in the U.S., and then what? You leave the normal citizens at the mercy of these criminals who will just get their weapons on the black market anyway. We don;t know why this punk did this, but to be 20 years old and murder 18 little 5 year olds, you have to be criminally insane.
edit on 14-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
Yes, because banning things really works well to prevent their use.

Just look at the wonderful success we've had banning coc aine, heroin, meth, and other various drugs on the "Controlled Substance" list.

Banning guns will not prevent violent crime in the slightest...

link   

If you can't see that this was staged the public education propaganda really worked and you are devoid of the ability to critically think.

+60 more 
link   
Well lets see.

This incident today is a NJ/CT incident.

Both states have an Assault Weapons Ban.
Both states have capacity restrictions.
Both states have waiting periods.
Both states have handgun registries.
Both states make you jump through hoops, take classes, submit to FBI background checks and pay crazy fees to get permits.

So what more do you suggest?

Oh, and the school is a "gun free zone".

So instead of aimlessly chanting "more restrictions! more laws!" can we get some specifics on the table?
edit on 14-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MysterX

Really why don’t you try telling that to those kids parents, what is to protect children from those guns, you don’t have a tyrannical government there are plenty of countries with very strict gun control and there is no “tyrannical governments”, it is just another cliché of the pro-gun crowd.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
N to the O.

Shootings will still happen even if you ban all guns from ownership.

CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.

This never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How about banning the guns.

Granted this can never be done overnight but surly this latest incident highlights that its time that more is done.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
No.

Why do people constantly try to punish those who did not do anything?

The second stays and if people don't like it tough because it always takes a person behind the trigger and you can't legislate behavior.
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Let's see how you feel if it was your kid lying on the pavement in a pool of blood.

+3 more 
link   

The school is a "gun free" zone so the parents knew there was nothing protecting their children when they sent them there.

+8 more 
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by MysterX

Really why don’t you try telling that to those kids parents, what is to protect children from those guns, you don’t have a tyrannical government there are plenty of countries with very strict gun control and there is no “tyrannical governments”, it is just another cliché of the pro-gun crowd.

Calling an obvious & truthful point a cliché is just another cliché of the anti-gun crowd

Energy drinks kill kids too, why don't we ban those while we're at it?
edit on 12/14/2012 by ArrowsNV because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That ancient bit of paper is what helped become number 1 in everything for quite a long time... of course until it started being used like toilet paper. Honestly what makes you think he couldn't have gotten a gun even if they were outlawed. I'm trying to legally get my class a license right now. But if i wanted i could go buy a gun with no problem, less than a day it would take me...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Yes, because banning things really works well to prevent their use.

Really look at how many mass shootings there have been in the UK since we banned handguns.

Not very many….

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Because banning/making drugs illegal completely eradicated drugs, and the addiction and abuse and all.

It's not a gun issue, it's a societal and mental health issue perpetuated by the barrage of contradictions that overwhelm stimuli on a daily basis.

ETA: For every crazy SOB with a gun, there are 100 responsible owners.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

I came here to say this.

Hats off to you for saying it first.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Idon't own a gun, and I doubt I will ever own one, but to take guns away from law abiding citizens because of the acts of criminals and crazy people is not the way to go...

even with a gun ban, criminals will have guns. How can you not see this? criminals don't care about the laws

the 2nd Amendment is clear that the need for an armed population is necessary to protect themselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. A gun ban would simply mean that the only ones with guns are the criminals and the government. And we all know how well the US government restrains itself from killing people globally.

You as a British citizen have just declared yourself a foreign enemy, and I dare you to come take the guns from the American people...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join