Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

How bout go to city of chicago with the most gun restrictions in the country and ask they feel about their dead children eh?

Thats right kids are still dying even after all those laws.
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I guess you have already forgotten the attacks on the elementary schools that keep happening over and over in Afghanistan.

link   
I will not sacrifice my freedoms for safety no matter how many of these tragic incidents occur. Removing the gun does not remove the psycho and maybe instead of guns he would have made bombs and attacked. We dont give in to terrorism we wont change to to placate psycho's. When a nation gives up it's weapons there is more to be feared form the government then crazy people just ask the nazi's or the Japanese.
WW2
"You cannot invade mainland America There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

link   
We did it so could you guys.
But "cold dead hands" mentality rules the USA.
Wild west and they are the world police pfft.

link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Yes, because banning things really works well to prevent their use.

Really look at how many mass shootings there have been in the UK since we banned handguns.

Not very many….

Yes, but you still have plenty of violence in your schools apparently: www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.bera.ac.uk...

Just because it's not a shooting doesn't mean the violence is not there...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Really look at how many mass shootings there have been in the UK since we banned handguns.

Not very many….

Mass shootings are a red herring. The issue is violent crime.

Is it just fine for one place to experience 30 murders over a years time but not experience those 30 murders in just one day?

It's like everyone getting all bent out of shape over 3,000 dead on 9/11 while 30,000 die every single year in traffic accidents.

Irrational to focus on the statistically rare peaks and spikes.

link   

Not to bother with well worn cliches, but...

if you lot bothered with proper gun control I would not be watching this disturbing story.

"Proper gun control"? I see... prohibition didn't work with booze or drugs but it will with guns.

link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by neo96
No.

Why do people constantly try to punish those who did not do anything?

The second stays and if people don't like it tough because it always takes a person behind the trigger and you can't legislate behavior.

Let's see how you feel if it was your kid lying on the pavement in a pool of blood.

I'd be outraged, but still. Logically, in this day and age since Columbine most schools have adopted tough security, utilizing electro-magnetically sealed doors with shatterproof glass. There is no excuse for a school to allow anyone to walk in off the street and start blowing people away. The school should have had tighter security.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Why do you care about the Second???? Aren't you from the UK????? Or do you really work for Langley as you suggested in a previous post of yours???

link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Idon't own a gun, and I doubt I will ever own one, but to take guns away from law abiding citizens because of the acts of criminals and crazy people is not the way to go...

even with a gun ban, criminals will have guns. How can you not see this? criminals don't care about the laws

the 2nd Amendment is clear that the need for an armed population is necessary to protect themselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. A gun ban would simply mean that the only ones with guns are the criminals and the government. And we all know how well the US government restrains itself from killing people globally.

You as a British citizen have just declared yourself a foreign enemy, and I dare you to come take the guns from the American people...

Well someone should take them.

Look at Britain, when was the last mass shooting? And yes some of our criminals do have guns, but not all of our criminals and that obviously makes the difference.

link   
Sure come take mine

If ANYTHING happens 2nd amendment related it should be more extensive background checks when purchasing a weapon. Yes, mass shootings/killings are a terrible thing. BUT, that should be no reason to ban guns for the millions of law abiding citizens.

link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

I never said our schools where not violent, just that we don’t have 18 dead kids on the news right now because we’re to coward to stand up to an ancient document. The second amendment is no longer needed what is needed is reform.

link   
Some people need to get of their so called "moral high horse".

www.cnn.com...

We all know what got more coverage.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Another Dunblane.....Sad day for America....thinking of you all

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You know what kills more kids every year with preventable deaths?

Texting while driving, should we ban all cell phones ?

Look its a tragedy, and the way the laws work in America you can not grandfather them in, so a ban now would take forever to do anything.

These are symptoms not causes, our whole society is based on attacking symptoms and never addressing the real issue.

Its easy to try an attack the symptom, its hard to get to the root cause, Gun bans are reactionary nonesense that do nothing to effect to root cause.

As someone whose wife was there at the Oregon Mall shooting, (she was locked in her stores safe room for hours) and shes going to counseling provided by her company. The answer is not to Ban guns, in fact one of the first thing my wife said was she needs her CCW permit.

One of my wifes first text to me while she was locked in there was she hopped someone with a CCW had been at the mall.

There is a reason these types of things are happening in Liberal states and areas with less gun ownership, easy targets for cowards.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by DAZ21

How bout go to city of chicago with the most gun restrictions in the country and ask they feel about their dead children eh?

Thats right kids are still dying even after all those laws.

Wow restrictions...

How about an outright ban?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
We did it so could you guys.
But "cold dead hands" mentality rules the USA.
Wild west and they are the world police pfft.

A reason many of our ancestors left crappy England years ago: we got sick it and we wanted some freedom. Said freedom which allowed us to fight for and win our independence.

World police: agreed.

link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

So guns are bad.... ok. amm knifes are bad? ? ?

Should we ban all knifes in the country...

Its not the weapon of choice that is doing this.
It is the person behind the weapon.

link   

Texting while driving, should we ban all cell phones ?
reply to post by benrl

No ban using mobile phones while driving

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

More cell phones kill kids, so It's ok to justify owning guns because a few more deaths won't make much difference.

Sorry but that logic is ridiculous...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join