It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Bans do not work have people not figured that out already?

the only thing that does is place weapons in the hands of criminal at the mercy of a 9-11 call that is if they are not too busy at a dunkin donuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd just note there are at least a couple states that do NOT prohibit carry on school campus by school employees. Only a handful..but with luck, there will be more. When is the last time you heard about a wild shooter in a Utah or Oregon school though? The kids would never know for certain...which teacher would simply shoot them the moment recognition and confirmation of roles was made.

Banning guns in a nation where an estimate 260 MILLION of them are in private hands is a totally ludicrous and absurd concept. Perhaps simply not playing like they don't exist would be a start in terms of basic education to gun safety with the kids. I know my father's generation actually had safety classes IN school..imagine that. I brough a .22 rifle (with firing pin removed) to a class project in Junior high ..this was late 1980's. The guns aren't the problem. The lack of morality and attitude toward life being so cheap is the problem.

After all, Columbine may have used guns...but they had 99 explosive devices ready and intended to level the whole school too. Guns aren't the issue. The people are.

link   
Aw yeah, 2 shooters did this, the dead one was 20, the 24 year old got away, cops are manhunting him. They should hang this bastard from the nearest oaktree, southern justice.

link   
If precedence wasn't going to be used against us in the future I might consider lowering my stance against regulating guns. Handguns are already regulated around here and that's all right. Nobody needs a fully automatic weapon either. There is no way I will vote for any further gun control of normal people in society. Get rid of the crazy people owning guns, Take them away and give them to a sane relative for safe keeping if they are guns that have been in the generations for ages. Sane people do that anyway within a family, taking their relatives guns if there is a temporary problem. Make this easier to do. The guns will still belong to the owner but get law enforcement involved in crime prevention along with familys again. That kind of stuff happened around here in the past, the cops got the guns to the parents.

link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by ArrowsNV

I never said our schools where not violent, just that we don’t have 18 dead kids on the news right now because we’re to coward to stand up to an ancient document. The second amendment is no longer needed what is needed is reform.

See this post:

Originally posted by deadpool84
I will not sacrifice my freedoms for safety no matter how many of these tragic incidents occur. Removing the gun does not remove the psycho and maybe instead of guns he would have made bombs and attacked. We dont give in to terrorism we wont change to to placate psycho's. When a nation gives up it's weapons there is more to be feared form the government then crazy people just ask the nazi's or the Japanese.
WW2
"You cannot invade mainland America There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You people forget that you live on a nice, protected, island surrounded by other first world countries.

We have a huge, gaping border to the north, and we have MEXICO, to the south.

Mexico, which now has some of the worst violence in the world, and we have a nice, huge, gaping border with them as well.

When you live on an island, you can secure your borders. But with Mexico, no amount of gun bans will ever keep the guns from being smuggled in. Just like we are seriously losing the drug war because of them.

And it is not an ancient document, ding dong, it is 250 years old. And so far, it has worked pretty darned well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The solution is simple metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance to the school so the school itself will be a gun free zone (except for the guards) and so long as you have multiple guards per entrance to cater for a guard going rogue you'll have a nice secure educational environment

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So what happens if we do ban guns and we see people instead go on stabbing mass killing sprees? Do we ban all knives? If someone kills many people by setting a building on fire do we ban fire? No matter what if someone wants to kill a mass amount of people they will do it. Whatever the person uses is just a tool. Whether its guns, fire, or knives the problem begins with the person not the object used. Just by banning guns you will not eliminate this type of violence.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
and i repeat but ignored because of common sense....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

So guns are bad.... ok. amm knifes are bad? ? ?

Should we ban all knifes in the country...

Its not the weapon of choice that is doing this.
It is the person behind the weapon.

link   

reply to post by MysterX

An armed population is a population protected from a tyranical government.

Really why don’t you try telling that to those kids parents, what is to protect children from those guns, you don’t have a tyrannical government there are plenty of countries with very strict gun control and there is no “tyrannical governments”, it is just another cliché of the pro-gun crowd.

Sorry mate, but that's a juvinile, emotionally charged argument.

OK..Here we are, in your hypothetical gun free America...where are the murdering nut cases you ask?

Oh, they are down in thier basements making fertiliser and diesel bombs, perfecting their organic chemistry for their wet dream of a chemical weapon, and are busy planning their next arson attack on a crowded building, all the while working towards their samuri sword black belt training, so they can storm their local church or chapel to slaughter as many of the people there in as short a time as possible, before running in their car and mowing down dozens of women and children coming out from school...

IF ONLY ONE OF THE CITIZENS HAD A GUN, these manics could have been stopped at the first target...but no, they've been banned...see the picture?

A murderer, especially a psychopath will ALWAYS find inventive ways to attack people...the gun is a weapon chosen by some, but the other side of that coin is someone else, one of the 'targets' will be carrying his or her gun too, and unlike your hypothetical gun free world, will be able to do something to prevent their own death at the hands of a lunatic.

Besides, it's not just about nutters with guns, it's also very much about government with guns versus a citizenry without them.

edit on 14-12-2012 by MysterX because: format wrong

link   
Because criminals follow the law right?????right??

link   

So here I am sitting watching the news, I see a young boy talking about how he “saw and heard” the bullets of a gun man. The headline below this innocent child’s face reads “27 people killed in Connecticut shooting, 18 children”.

I am not to beat about the bush hear but as a British guy looking in on this I am shocked, there have been more of these type of mass shootings this year than I can count. Every month I am seeing some state governor passing on his heartfelt condolences to the families of the dead.

How about this instead America rather than having your leaders “apologise” to all the dead families how about you do this? Get out of the Wild West and the 18th century and BAN THE GUN!!! You are not cowboys anymore, you are not John Rambo the British are not about to invade you.

For the “guns don’t kill people, people do”, stop hiding behind an old cliché, if you lot bothered with proper gun control I would not be watching this disturbing story.

To be clear, I am not saying ban all guns or ban the gun overnight, what I am saying is that you lot need to grow up and some proper gun regulation. You need gun reform, it’s very simple, none of you gun enthusiasts needs 40 guns with 1200 rounds of ammunition.

Stop hiding behind that ancient bit of paper, your constitution, you all need to grow a set and sort out your gun problem before you have anoter 18 dead kids, who knows next time it could be one of yours, I pray it is not and i pray for the families of those affected

We need to ban Cars too they killed 60k and wounded 3 million in a year.....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by benrl

More cell phones kill kids, so It's ok to justify owning guns because a few more deaths won't make much difference.

Sorry but that logic is ridiculous...

Just as ridiculous as a gun ban, that was my point.

the black market, fallacy of gun control

I can defeat any gun control any where in the world, even in the UK, you want a gun, and have the money to pay, you can get one.

Those with intent to do harm, will.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Have any of you ever had that dream where thousands and thousands of aliens land and they begin to emerge like cockroaches seeking to take over our planet? They begin going house to house trying to kill every human they can. While 911 lines are being overloaded, the creatures are approaching your home and your family and you're standing there with a baseball bat........lololol.

For those of us that don't believe in aliens, substitute 'armed international gangster thugs'.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

I'd rather try self defense against a knife than gun, wouldn't you?

At least if someone has a knife you can run away.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

link   
oops , i thought this was ats where
logic ruled.. my bad...

ok im outa this thread..

be my guest and measure up and see
whos the biggest and ignore the obvious...

PS let me know who wins... would be great
to see who's next on the naughty channel.

link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

That's because schools are "gun free zones" moron. Gosh, that didn't deter the CRIMINAL, did it?

CRIMINALS don't care about LAWS. You and your bleeding heart idealism are not going to stop a criminal from committing a crime, and banning guns are not going to make guns magically disappear. Remember, alcohol was banned once, too. Remember how it "disappeared"?

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

link   

Dude... seriously, you can't tell paranoid crazies that guns are bad, they just don't listen.

It's never the guns fault, guns never play a part in it because if you banned guns, people would use knives, and we all know about those deadly knife massacres that happen all over the place.

Seriously just don't bother.

These people are seriously deluded and brainwashed.

The government is evil and if they aren't all armed to the teeth, then the government will kick in their door and drag them off to FEMA camps.

If that doesn't happen... all the gang members will get them.

You know criminals will have guns no matter what right? So banning them does nothing...
(a ridiculous argument if I ever heard one)

Anyway... just look at the stats of gun crime and shootings in America and compare elsewhere.

Anyway, I've had this argument soooo many times, every time one of these happens in America (which is pretty much monthly) so I wont be getting drawn into it, but trust me, it's a pointless argument.
It's cultural, Americans just LOVE their guns and if you try and take them away... they'll shoot you.

edit on 14/12/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

any day... i would defiantly take a gun
over a knife...

it would be sad if our got allowed guns to be
limited because of this action, as sad as it is,
its not the gun that did it, its the person behind it.

im kind of old fashion, i say arm everyone...
i bet crime will drop wayyyy down.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

INJURED...if it was guns they would be dead.
You can kill a fleeing child a whole lot easyier with a gun.
Of course you would pick a gun over a knife because it is easy to point and shoot.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join