It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am a licensed gun owner,I like to go out shooting paper targets.
Any ban on guns would remove the guns from responsible,legal
gun owners.You would still have these types of shootings because
the 'bad' guys will still be armed!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Having just read what the POTUS said I think your gun laws are going to change.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
To be clear, I am not saying ban all guns or ban the gun overnight, what I am saying is that you lot need to grow up and some proper gun regulation. You need gun reform, it’s very simple, none of you gun enthusiasts needs 40 guns with 1200 rounds of ammunition.

Nope - you only need in this case 1 gun and 28 bullets if you are a good shot. Or one gun one bullet = one dead person. What good will limiting the number of rounds and guns be? Isn't one death enough?

The problem is people my friend not their tools... I have well into the triple digits of firearms of all kinds - 15K rounds on hand, some of them full-automatic as well. I have never used one in the commission of a crime nor do I intend to.

There is no foolproof way to eliminate violence. Humans are violent creatures, we have had violence since time immemorial. Well before the advent of automatic weapons we had, muzzle loaders, before that bows and sword and before that sticks and stones and before that our bare hands. The problem is people - not the tools they use.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Having just read what the POTUS said I think your gun laws are going to change.

Link please.
edit on 14-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So it will be ok when the outlaws are roaming the streets with guns and you can't stop them.

nice nice just nice.

1996 April 16th all over again, what a setup that was.

believe me this stuff is suspect as hell.

Bunch of sicko's tptb are

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Actually you are wrong on one account. There is no law banning the sale of a gun to a person with a history of mental illness.

There isn’t even a system set up to determine if a person had a history.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i am not religious...but "may god help america"...cause the ole "god bless america" doesnt seem to be working

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Any repeal of the 2nd amendment would no go over too well.
The U.S. could plunge into another civil war.I will be honest,
it will be a cold day in hades before I turn mine in.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
There is no foolproof way to eliminate violence. Humans are violent creatures, we have had violence since time immemorial. Well before the advent of automatic weapons we had, muzzle loaders, before that bows and sword and before that sticks and stones and before that our bare hands. The problem is people - not the tools they use.

It is an idealist notion, no doubt, but I think there is a way to greatly minimize violence. That is through unity and respect. Even the greediest, most profit-driven individual would have a higher quality of life (thus appealing to their greediness) if humanity were to actually pull together and consciously approach what causes these issues (and so many others) instead of blaming the tools used to carry them out. Its like a cop out, it allows individuals to blame everything but themselves, when we are ALL at fault for how society currently exists.

I do realize it is a pipe dream, but I will never stop working towards it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would like all gun owners to do that, but it goes against my Libertarian beliefs.
The state nor Federal Govt have the Constitutional power to do so.

How do you feel about drivers licenses?

Same thing really.

The (incorrect) argument is that we don't have a right to drive..its a privlige..but its not
your tax dollars paved those roads
your cash purchased that automobile.
so, why then must you take a test, and pay for a license to use things you purchased?

I agree with the drivers license thing..makes sense, as my driving effects other people if I do it poorly.
So does my shooting if I do that poorly.

So, for you to be consistant, you would have to see the concept of a renewable license for stuff you own equally, be it for gun usage, or driving..no?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Any repeal of the 2nd amendment would no go over too well.
The U.S. could plunge into another civil war.I will be honest,
it will be a cold day in hades before I turn mine in.

According to Dante, the 7th level of hell is completely frozen over thick with ice...

just sayin...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What kind of sick and twisted society has to declare schools as "Gun free zones?" The fact you have to do that is twisted beyond beliefe..

Wow.. Just fricken wow..
edit on 14-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

We are going to have to come together to take meaningful action To prevent more tragedies like this....Obama.
It does sound to me he wants to do something about gun laws.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Enough is enough, I don't care how much you love your precious little guns...it's time to heavily regulate them at the least...get rid of them ideally.

For those that love guns and think they are so great, like it or not, I see you as having blood on your hands.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just two weeks ago a was looking at handguns to purchase. I own a shotgun and a rifle. The only thing I have ever shot was a copperhead I found lying underneath a log pile.

While shopping I considered the situation in which I might have to use a handgun. In my mind I would be threatened by someone who was also wielding a gun. Now consider this, if I draw a gun one of us is now committed to firing a shot, since neither of us knows the full intent of the other. If I don't draw a weapon and he is only threatening me we could both live to see another day. In all likely hood I would draw a gun and get shot. Needless to say I haven't made the purchase.

I could easily defend my house from an intruder with a shotgun.

If any of the poor parents of these innocent children asked me to turn in my only two guns I would probably do that as well. I have children of my own and hope to never have to go through what they are experiencing. If someone with more experience tells me gun ownership is not the answer, I am willing to listen. My thoughts and prayers will be with them for a while.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I would only have blood on my hands if I pulled the trigger personally.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm all for the government trying to ban guns. It would be the quickest way to start the revolution we so desperately need. Because it isn't ever going to happen. US civilians have more guns than the US Military.

To those of you who are not American looking down your noses at the barbaric Americans:

If you don't like the freedoms we enjoy you're certainly welcome to not move here. But it's going to be those guns that are going to save us from the tyranny of our government. Not saying you won't be able to defend yourselves with your knives and molotov cocktails but it's certainly going to be more difficult. Enjoy that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
Just two weeks ago a was looking at handguns to purchase. I own a shotgun and a rifle. The only thing I have ever shot was a copperhead I found lying underneath a log pile.

While shopping I considered the situation in which I might have to use a handgun. In my mind I would be threatened by someone who was also wielding a gun. Now consider this, if I draw a gun one of us is now committed to firing a shot, since neither of us knows the full intent of the other. If I don't draw a weapon and he is only threatening me we could both live to see another day. In all likely hood I would draw a gun and get shot. Needless to say I haven't made the purchase.

I could easily defend my house from an intruder with a shotgun.

If any of the poor parents of these innocent children asked me to turn in my only two guns I would probably do that as well. I have children of my own and hope to never have to go through what they are experiencing. If someone with more experience tells me gun ownership is not the answer, I am willing to listen. My thoughts and prayers will be with them for a while.

well said. .... its americans like you that maybe show the rest of the world there is a glimmer of hope. because i gotta tell you...we were all starting to worry

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Going after guns which is a multi billion dollar industry that effects milllions of people and that generate billions in tax revenue.

Sure go after guns and put more people out of work that will not stop a damn thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I'm all for the government trying to ban guns. It would be the quickest way to start the revolution we so desperately need. Because it isn't ever going to happen. US civilians have more guns than the US Military.

To those of you who are not American looking down your noses at the barbaric Americans:

If you don't like the freedoms we enjoy you're certainly welcome to not move here. But it's going to be those guns that are going to save us from the tyranny of our government. Not saying you won't be able to defend yourselves with your knives and molotov cocktails but it's certainly going to be more difficult. Enjoy that.

stop fooling yourself. we have more freedom here in australia than you do. your government is screwing you every day you half wit.

but you keep beating your chest and chanting "usa...usa". and please.....DONT COME HERE.

one day you will all need to wake up and stop making excuses to keep your deadly weapons. all your excuse just tell the rest of us you are a nation that jumps at shadows.
edit on 14-12-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join