It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't own a gun, I have read literature of what should be done, and what I have read is a lock should be put on the trigger. If you want to beautify your home with an attractive Oak cabinet with a huge glass display and think, "Oh my, my little key locked it, No one can get into this secure fort, Nothing bad could ever happen" then yes, I think you should be re-trained.

Look, I am not advocating taking your guns away, or anyone's. You complained about someone railing against gun ownership, I am not, all I am saying, if you are leaving your house, secure the guns there so if anyone breaks in, they will not be able to commit a tragedy like just happened

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Where was god today?? Or every day? whilst innocent children are slain...
So many people's lives are permanently ruined because of this, and other tragedies that happen to children all day every day..

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

The use of masks may well be a cultural phenomenon, created by horror movies and promulgated in many varieties of media, including television, film, music, and video games.

Also there is now a copycat factor about masks implanted socially due to previous spree shooters wearing them.

Speaking in terms of psychology, it is literally a barrier to hide behind. A means of dissociating ones own identity from the act. An insulation.

~Heff

Yes the distancing from the event emotionally to enable the pre-planed violence was what i was getting at. I think you're right about the possible influence from the other recent attack in the cinema. A video posted earlier did say that copycat attacks can be inspired by the sensationalist news reporting. I would say maybe time for the press to take a look at itself but i know that's never going to happen.

link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

In spite of the tragedy, and lord knows I am heartbroken, I had to stop a moment and feel a little sympathy for fireman trying to wrangle hundreds of children.

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm just going by what I heard on the radio on the AM stations. I'm sure some fine sleuths on ATS will get to the bottom of it.

None of it makes sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Take a moment. Try to place yourselves into the Families who lost their whole worlds in that school today. They can't even hold their dead Family members in grief. All those poor dead children and adults are still in that school building. They will remain there until a team of coroners can be brought in to identify, and approve the removal of their bodies. What would you feel if you were one of those Parents.....I can't stop crying, and I'm not one of them...

Des

I cant imagine it Des, i dont want to imagine it. My children are my world. So sad.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

The use of masks may well be a cultural phenomenon, created by horror movies and promulgated in many varieties of media, including television, film, music, and video games.

Also there is now a copycat factor about masks implanted socially due to previous spree shooters wearing them.

Speaking in terms of psychology, it is literally a barrier to hide behind. A means of dissociating ones own identity from the act. An insulation.

~Heff

Thank you for that rational post. They are few and far between 'round these here parts.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

www.gunpolicy.org... info on gun crimes/murders/suicides etc in denmark

en.wikipedia.org... info on school shooting that took place in 1994 in denmark......you were saying something about it never happening?

en.wikipedia.org... and as another poster allready pointed out this is not just an American phenomenon listverse.com...

add in all the knife crime the only thing that is constant in all of these is that there are monsters out there who since at least 1924 will do anything they can to hurt children if it suits there evil plans

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Things have changed.The line between connecting with a real human being versus a virtual one have been blurred,especially in our younger generation......hide behind an avatar and made up name.

This is a watershed moment....a black swan moment.....no one would have ever thought someone could have done something so horrible to such innocent babes in a place that was voted "safest town in America". Our bubble has truly been burst. Our Innocence, as it were, has been lost. The "No one would ever, could ever, do that!!...Would they???" moment.

I can't help but think that the realistic video games and computer sims and such realistic CGI have brought us to this unfortunate moment in time where, for the truly unbalanced living amongst us, the very thin line between reality and fantasy has been irrevocably breached. And it's only going to get worse as the next gen gets older.

I saw an interview of a profiler who made a valid, but truly disturbing, observation: The perpetrator of this horrendous crime committed matricide before coming to the school; it takes a lot of hate to kill your own mother, and by extension, in his warped mind, by killing these innocent babes, he was killing yet another aspect of her, as she cared deeply for her kindergarten children.

As a grandmother of three beautiful grandsons, two of which are in grade school, I cannot even begin to imagine the horror, shock and grief the parents, grandparents and other extended family members of these families are experiencing right now. Absolutely unbelievable. Also the trauma the surviving kids will have to live with and work through.....my heart and prayers of white healing light go out to all.

My heart grieves for their tragic loss in a time of year when there should be joy and happiness. My heart grieves for our loss as a nation. Things are going to change because of this, I can only hope calmer heads prevail and that we don't get swept away by the "lynch mob" mentality that is sure to come as the fallout.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If You See Trouble...

Nobody who is aware of it is unaffected by this horrible crime. It can shock us into saying things we later regret, which is understandable. However, some of us see news like this as an opportunity to troll.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

When you see someone obviously out to disrupt topical disruption, please don't take the bait by responding in kind or acknowledging posts that violate our terms & conditions. Instead, alert us and we'll take care of things as soon as possible.

That process is underway now, and thanks to everyone who is assisting us in trying to keep this difficult thread civil and on-topic.

You're the best.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'd like to remind all here that this ain't the first time school children were killed by a crazed gunman....

So my question is, why the clamor for gun control now??? Why no outrage in this case???

www.800padutch.com...

Plus I never like to let a crisis go to waste.....here's the Harvard Gun Study.....

www.law.harvard.edu...

And why no great cry to outlaw auto's......they cause more death by far....it's obvious these fools cannot be trusted to own cars....yet the friggin psyco's get 'em.....

www.divinecaroline.com...

and this is clearly old data yet very revealing.....nasty cars.....

www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov...

now before I get lambasted, no, I am not crazy, and I assure you I too am very upset at the loss of precious life here today, however, the real crazies are those who do not know the truth relative to firearms and who conveniently overlook the facts in terms of the leading causes of death in the U.S. merely to sensationalize and politicize their agenda....sad indeed, they cry louldly when if fits their political motives, yet they snooze at the real leading causes of death, and truth be told, they predominantly hail from the left of the U.S. political spectrum.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by unphased
There are some early reports of injuries, and allegedly it was 2 gunman at first and now it's being reported that "1 gunman was killed".

This is sounding more and more like the Martin Bryant conspiracy.

From the latest news here...

There were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.

...or a professional killer was involved.

"They're police at every door leading us down this way, this way. Quick, quick, come on. We ran down to the firehouse. There's a man that pinned down to the ground with handcuffs on," he said.

...maybe the real shooter, and not the conveniently deceased accused?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

With Obama and his fake tears and the fact that small children were involved to make it easier to manipulate people's emotions and gain support for whatever they want to do, this is the massacre that TPTB have been waiting for...

maybe it's just a suspicion, but I think back to a OP post just last week here on ATS that said the inside info was that the "Obama/DHS"? go ahead ' to go live' with whatever event was supposed to happen had been given, obviously could have been anything, but that post just sticks out as a bit timely, anyone recall it?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sad day. For those families and all of us.

Lets hope our Republic and the Constitution survive intact.
edit on 14-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
# me, I got a few cousins that go to newtown elementary, been trying to get a hold of my aunt.......

Did you ever get a hold of your Aunt and cousins? I hope their okay.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are crazy people in this World hellbent on committing gruesome acts. The worst is against children. Regardless of the "hows" or "what" he used, he was a Coward.

This man knew what he was doing. He knew that his suicide was the cowardly way out. He didn't want to face the many victims, the family's he destroyed today. I said it earlier.

I hope he rots in hell, where he belongs.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
*(Quoted Troll Post Snipped)*

No. Main difference: Communist vs. Free Republic.

But getting less free every day. Thanks to people who think communist China is preferable. Nice insult to those who died defending your right to freedom of speech that you use on this forum. Some of my relatives among them. Just one of our many constitutional Rights, like the righ to bear arms.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

Are you really defending this killer??? It sounds like you're saying that just because you had relation die for this country, that gave this guy the right to have a gun instead of a knife, and by that statistic provided, do better?

link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah everyone is OK physically at least.
Thanks for asking

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

In spite of the tragedy, and lord knows I am heartbroken, I had to stop a moment and feel a little sympathy for fireman trying to wrangle hundreds of children.

Has to be the hardest job in the World, when something like this happens.

As a parent I wouldn't know what I would do, in this situation either.

Give your children as much love as you can give them, that's all I can say.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

And their hundreds of parents, too?

I would have thought to stay on school property with one egress and entrance would have been better suited.
Anyway, a good thing no fire alarms went off during that time.
How long do you reckon it took, really for the parents of these children to pick them up prove ID and leave?
Wonder where they parked? I saw a flyover that showed I don't know how many police cars and ambulances there at the FD.
None down at the school. Which I still find strange.
I guess the cops walked down to the school?

No crime scene trucks. No morgue trucks. No detective vehicles.
Very odd I have to say.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join