It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Destinyone

Let us not forget that adults were murdered there today as well. Innocent children were murdered and that's tragic but murder is murder. Why separate the victims?

Children are perceived as defenseless and vulnerable as opposed to adults. Perhaps that is why many adults say take me not the child. I suppose it is part conditiloning.
edit on 14-12-2012 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't dodge my reply with an mirror. I merely pointed out to you that there were more than children murdered today. You seemed to not bring that up at all. Murder is murder. It is the act and intent, not the tool used or the victim. Childrem and adults alike were murdered today by a sadistic idiot. A gun did not walk into that school and fire itself. A lunatic did this to 26 people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just got home and watched this horrible tragedy on TV.

Saddening and disheartening to say the least, my thoughts go out to the families of those poor little children.

I come to ATS and I hear bickering and fighting about damn near everything in this thread, I'm a little upset.

Remember people, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

To ban guns and try and get rid of them is not a solution to the problem, look how well making drugs illegal has worked...

This is a projection of our society and how cold we have become.

How could someone kill children? Whether it is here or any country on the planet, how could they kill children?

Pred...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeneathBaseStupidity

Originally posted by Deetermined
Sources told Fox News the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza.

Well, that confirms it: licensing works! Seems guns are safe (with a plastic ID card entrained) after all!

Those slaughtered kiddy corpses must all be a part of the NWO / Illuminati / Bilderberg Group / Zionist / Area 51 / Nibiru / Dec 21, 2012 (...) conspiracy!

this is one of the stupidest post ive ever seen on ats, and that says a lot about your taste in contributing here.

what a terrible day for humanity!
edit on 14-12-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not gonna wade through 60 pages, but, are you guys aware of this?

Didn't this same # happen with Holmes?

Hmm..

link   

Don't dodge my reply with an mirror. I merely pointed out to you that there were more than children murdered today. You seemed to not bring that up at all. Murder is murder. It is the act and intent, not the tool used or the victim. Childrem and adults alike were murdered today by a sadistic idiot. A gun did not walk into that school and fire itself. A lunatic did this to 26 people.

His point was you took the time to use this tragedy to put forward your opinion that all liberals are a cancer. His point has merit and you proved him right. Lets stop the bickering. It would show everyone theres some sense of hope here if the two of us, far ends of the spectrum can agree to stop and just think about the families tonight.

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes that is good, good thing you don't have any weak opening that is only covered by a brittle, glass like substance

link   
Gezzus guys.. This is not directed at any one person...

But I am very ashamed at some of the replies here, and how many stars some posts got that where umm senseless and Knee jerk reaction/ quick to start pointing fingers, when a bunch of kids are dead, and families are crushed.. Its the Holiday season for Zulu's Sake..

There is never a good time for this kind of thing to happen.. But some of the lack of compassion here is well, frustrating...

Best I just slowly back away from this thread and topic until we have the whole story. Or the offical story that we are going to be fed. Put your bibs on, its going to get messy.. Emotions are running strong here, and best I just take a deep breath, and not let my emotions get the best of me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Take a hint America

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Not gonna wade through 60 pages, but, are you guys aware of this?

Didn't this same # happen with Holmes?

Hmm..

just imagine the confusion and insanity involved with these kinds of events.
not everything is a conspiracy.
edit on 14-12-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

reply to post by Destinyone

Let us not forget that adults were murdered there today as well. Innocent children were murdered and that's tragic but murder is murder. Why separate the victims?

Why sully any of their memories by associating their deaths with a personal opinion or agenda?

~Heff

Because these innocent lives were USED to further an agenda, in a very sick way. This SHOULD be discussed and acknowledged. Their lives were sacrificed in the same tragic way 9/11 victims were. It's way too obvious what is going on in this country with so many shootings taking place in one year. A person would have to be living in a cave or in a coma to not be able to see what is going on right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

They were just random examples of non weapons that can be used as weapons. I don't see why the amount of people involved matters.

Knives
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.msnbc.msn.com...

spades not used so much in mass killings, only 4
ewn.co.za...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

So I should bar my windows as well now?
MAn, I am glad I don't live where ever you do, it must be a scary place

link   

Originally posted by LLLights
I have been following this site for some time and have never been compelled to make an account. I enjoy reading the alternative views people present. I feel it gives me insight. However,

Today, I felt compelled to comment. I am a lifelong Connecticut citizen. The town is real. The people are real. People in my life are affected my this tragedy. The scary part to me? Is that I do believe there is a lot more than we know going on here and we'll never know. Just like we didn't know with Colorado theater shooting.

But here are the facts. The shooter was 20. He grew up in that town. He shot his mom in the face. He went and killed 20 innocent, beautiful children, teachers, a principle and a guidance counselor.

I would never deny these are the facts, and I'm deeply offended by those who do. But we will NEVER know motive. This could have very well happened in any town in CT or, for that matter, New England. The assumed shooter may not have been acting "in control of himself"

But the bottom line is - the town is a victim. The whole town. Because they aren't "in on it." They lost 20 children. Gone. I live in CT. This will be covered for weeks. And this is not a "fake place." So much is going to come out about the victims, all who have roots in this state. I'm not "in on it", but I know people directly affected.

Now, does part of me believe it is a false flag event? Ya. But it didn't NOT happen. Please. That is just ridiculous.

And honestly, while I'm at it. The entire tragedy is being politicized SO fast. GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN LAWS GUN VIOLENCE. Too soon. Real people lost their REAL children. This didn't even happen 12 hours ago.

A kid in the back ground of a camera making faces means we have a hoax? When I was 6, my grandmother died. It was hard to comprehend, and when I told people, I would smile and laugh - even though I was devastated. THESE ARE CHILDREN. There is a reason young kids don't make good witnesses in a trial.

I guess that is all I have to say about that. G

Welcome. As I understand it, no one is insinuating the town does not exist. They are speculating if it is a psy-op why the town might have been chosen. Sandy and Sandy Hook in particular has been invoked already this year in relation to disaster.

The school name itself and the location for sure, I had issues with. If "they" were going to do something, you couldn't find a better location than a school at the end of a dead end street with a FD located at the start of it.
Particularly if that FD had been used in a similar drill/school back in Oct.

Many times I noted a willingness by the media to conflate the location of the school with the location of the FD.
Certainly I never saw any part of the school except the roof.
And it seemed small to have 700 students. And a gym.

The story seemed to change in direct relation with how a portion seemed to fail under scrutiny until you arrive at a person who wouldn't have any online fingerprint, except maybe the census records.
No credit score, no job et cetera.

Nobody is talking about the fiscal cliff or the FED renewal, or war with Syria. And if there were draconian laws
already in written into these upcoming legislations, they will pass and people won't say boo about it much,
because of the two incidents that happened this week.

PS
Could you tell me who the substitute teacher was?
And what you know about this school.
edit on 14-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

link   

Twenty children and six adults died. The preponderance of the victims were children. Morally speaking the deaths of innocents is more shocking to me than of adults. You are correct, however, six dead adults is also tragic and a great loss of life.

And we agree, a sick person did this. Probably for reasons we will never fully know or be able to begin to understand.

Where I take great issue, personally, is when people throw unrelated things like "abortion" or "liberal" into the equation, without any cause or reason to believe that either thing is relevant to this tragedy.

Using the bodies of the dead as a megaphone for personal agenda, politics, and bias is simply wrong.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

you are totally, 100% correct, and I apologize for my posts in this thread

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Everyone's emotional. This is bad real bad. Unfortunately we'll never get the answers and we'll never see CCTV (not that I would even want to). But this is what also flames conspiracies. From the second mask at the Colorado shooting that never got answered and the second gunman theory. That story is dead in the water. Here, the gunman is dead including both parents and within a month, this thread will die too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How about just locking your damn guns up when you leave, is that too difficult to understand?????
I can use emoticons too

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Just got home and watched this horrible tragedy on TV.

Saddening and disheartening to say the least, my thoughts go out to the families of those poor little children.

I come to ATS and I hear bickering and fighting about damn near everything in this thread, I'm a little upset.

Remember people, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

To ban guns and try and get rid of them is not a solution to the problem, look how well making drugs illegal has worked...

This is a projection of our society and how cold we have become.

How could someone kill children? Whether it is here or any country on the planet, how could they kill children?

Pred...

Exactly. Let's keep our heads cool and on straight. Let's not go reactionary. Think. If guns are taken away, what will kill innocent people next? IED'S? Remember what was used to blow up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City. I'm sorry but the answer is not banning guns. This is the reaction that they want though. They have a bridge to sell, and I'm not buying it. They wanted a strong emotional reaction so that we'd say YES TAKE ALL THE GUNS. Sorry, still not buying this. What has happened is beyond tragic and sick, but they sacrificed innocent lives to further an agenda, and I'm not buying it. I woke up after 9/11, and it's all very crystal clear to me now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Believe me, this whole tragedy hit home for me because I have a son in kindergarten and a 2 1/2 old daughter. I am very afraid for their future. This world has gotten very scary. I am 6 ft 1 in and weigh 270 pounds. I am a big man and am ex Air Force and took Krav Maga for 2 years. Given all of that it does me no good when my kids are in school. I do not fear for myself but for my wife and kids. My son has been tought what to do if someone tries to take him or harm him but what can he do if someone points a gun to him? When I carry my gun, I have a much greater sense of safety for my family because noone is going to get close enough to us to have a chance to harm them. It was never my intention to push an agenda but in my anger I countered the anti gun agenda.
I feel so bad for the families invelved. It is frustrating when something like this happens someone has to open up with "well he had a gun what did you expect", instead of questioning his motives and the man himself.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join