It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Point taken, you are right. It is a very emotional tragedy and it pulls at some strings for alot of people apparently.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

All I am saying is that if someone is going to be brazen enough to break into my house, they will probably just jimmy my gun cabinet open. It's not that hard to grasp right? Trying to blame victims of theft is pretty messed up...... Do you act the same to all victims of crimes, or just gun owners?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
New here, but have visited this site on several occasions. I've read on several MSM sites that the shooter wore a mask:

Twenty-six people, including 20 children, were killed by a masked gunman in a bloody Friday morning rampage at his mother’s Connecticut elementary school, a source told the Daily News

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

On the way home from work I was listening to the news on the radio and heard someone mention that the school had just recently installed facial recognition software, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Regardless, why would this guy wear a mask? Was he wearing a mask when he entered? If this software was in operation, certainly not. And if the software wasn't installed, still, did they just let a guy wearing a mask enter the building? Of course not. So when he entered the building he was most likely not wearing a mask. So that begs the question, why did he feel the need to put on a mask after he entered the building?

Also, has anyone heard what became of the 2nd guy in custody? The one they found in the woods, wearing camouflage?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Apologies for being the guy late to every hot topic, i dont watch tv or subscribe to MSM sources and only get this 2nd hand from co-workers mostly. This is obviously a huge powderkeg of emotions for some and a huge red flag for others. I believe we are eternal, and especially our children get special placement back into the cycle of life, but I am saddened for the parents' loss, it is beyond great.

But stepping way back and looking at the reactions from this thread, its mostly disgrace, ANGER, or some suspicion... ALL are valid, but all seem to be intentionally there to conflict, right? so please stop fighting and find your place, your peace, otherwise you are not needed for making rational decisions, right? Don't be offended just know who you are in this. I am the observer, that's it. Seems bizarre there's 27 dead and so far it's one gunman with 2 handguns and a rifle? And even the rifle was found in the car? If there's 2 gunmen it gets even weirder because the motive gets harder to determine, especially since this is a elementary school where the gunman's mother works and is now dead? There are a lot of strange unconnected dots in this case I think.

I have those affected by this in my thoughts and prayers so matter how overly objective I may come across, these are the hard times I want us all to make it through.. together

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
There are some early reports of injuries, and allegedly it was 2 gunman at first and now it's being reported that "1 gunman was killed".

This is sounding more and more like the Martin Bryant conspiracy.

From the latest news here...

There were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.

...or a professional killer was involved.

"They're police at every door leading us down this way, this way. Quick, quick, come on. We ran down to the firehouse. There's a man that pinned down to the ground with handcuffs on," he said.

...maybe the real shooter, and not the conveniently deceased accused?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

With Obama and his fake tears and the fact that small children were involved to make it easier to manipulate people's emotions and gain support for whatever they want to do, this is the massacre that TPTB have been waiting for...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Manhater

From what I'm reading, it's worse.

He shot his mother in the face at her residence and then got in her car and drove to the school to open fire in the school afterward.

(According to the link I posted above.)

That doesn't sound right to me. Why would he go to the school after already killing his mother?

His mother gave an interview. From what I heard and his grandmother was the one who was shot at the residence. I believe they said his mother was working at the time of the shooting. She was down the hall at the time.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

If in the future, you should wonder what is meant by "poor taste", or "gauche" or "taking a cheap shot", you should refer yourself back to your own post. It is the epitome of what is meant.

Disgusting. If I were you, I would literally Beg a mod to remove it.

edit on 12/14/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by slingshot

As a bargain basement psychologist i'd suggest maybe the mask was symbolic, putting on another face to carry out the carnage. I'm just grasping at straws though. Might have been a gas mask if he was expecting tear gas.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slingshot
Regardless, why would this guy wear a mask?

Maybe to conceal the true killer's identity...

link   
The news had been reporting he used a .223 rifle in the shooting. Now they are saying it was found in a car. He is dead in the building.

Seems odd unless he left and returned or used the hand guns.

link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

They they they, conspiracy conspiracy. What if this one's not a conspiracy, but a symptom of a deeper sickness. Why must everything automatically be a conspiracy involving "them", that's one heck of a worldview and I just don't think it's entirely congruent with the real world and real reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I don't think we will ever really get a rational explanation. It's what most of us want, but these kinds of things are rarely ever rational at all. You really do have to be some kind of crazy to kill a bunch of kids, that much I know. Even people I know that do not like kids, wouldn't even smack one.....

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

When you say Utopia gun laws, you're only hearing the upper class/government speaking.
Me and i'm sure alot with me from Norway would Love to be able to carry guns for home protection, due to the Schengen agreement and other EU laws being piled upon us. We have no saying in who is let into our country anymore, as long as they are a citizen of the EU, and Alot of these scumbags take advantage going where "they have no guns, and the police takes 2 hours to show up, IF they bother".
This is the new reality in Norway now, people answering their doorbells, opening up, and criminals barge in, under the pretense of "selling christmas paintings".
But If you live in a multi million $ gated community with armed guards, "wtf. I don't care?"

Edit.
Sorry for the rant, completely off topic, and i apologize
edit on 14-12-2012 by Mello71 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The mother of the shooter Nancy Lanza has a brother named "Kingston Police Officer" James Champion.

No wonder this story seems to be hiding facts and changing facts.

Interesting find.
I keep wondering about why they would select a small FD on the corner to have as a pick up location for the reported 700 students. What a scene of chaos that must have been.
How would you be able to keep up with the comings and goings of so many children there?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

The use of masks may well be a cultural phenomenon, created by horror movies and promulgated in many varieties of media, including television, film, music, and video games.

Also there is now a copycat factor about masks implanted socially due to previous spree shooters wearing them.

Speaking in terms of psychology, it is literally a barrier to hide behind. A means of dissociating ones own identity from the act. An insulation.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wow..... first I heard anything like that. Doesn't surprise me any though, the father was reported dead, then after said to be fine and talking to authorities.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't dodge my reply with an mirror. I merely pointed out to you that there were more than children murdered today. You seemed to not bring that up at all. Murder is murder. It is the act and intent, not the tool used or the victim. Childrem and adults alike were murdered today by a sadistic idiot. A gun did not walk into that school and fire itself. A lunatic did this to 26 people.

Twenty children and six adults died. The preponderance of the victims were children. Morally speaking the deaths of innocents is more shocking to me than of adults. You are correct, however, six dead adults is also tragic and a great loss of life.

And we agree, a sick person did this. Probably for reasons we will never fully know or be able to begin to understand.

Where I take great issue, personally, is when people throw unrelated things like "abortion" or "liberal" into the equation, without any cause or reason to believe that either thing is relevant to this tragedy.

Using the bodies of the dead as a megaphone for personal agenda, politics, and bias is simply wrong.

~Heff

Perhaps, I agree, but IF there was some agenda here other than 'random acts of violence', (at this point which I'm still am seriously considering instead agenda,) in play Americans MUST know, it may happen again and again, until whatever goal advanced by terrorism-- (advancing a political agenda by means of violence)-- is met. You have to admit, these strings of shootings are VERY very convenient to the goals of world dictates, I would think by now some very very healthy scepticism has developed and is fully warranted.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Aliquandro

I don't think we will ever really get a rational explanation. It's what most of us want, but these kinds of things are rarely ever rational at all. You really do have to be some kind of crazy to kill a bunch of kids, that much I know. Even people I know that do not like kids, wouldn't even smack one.....

I know a "developmentally disabled" person very well, and I've got a lot of insight into how their worldview operates and so, however utterly senseless the events of today are, I think I might be able to come up with an idea as to the psychology involved, but it's too early yet and I'll need time to ponder this, but there is a type of rational (well, irrational) explanation from the POV of the shooter, however totally nuts it is to the rest of us, not to say that my friend would ever do such a thing nor the average developmentally disabled person, but there is a twisted logic to it which I'll come back after a few more pages to describe.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Take a moment. Try to place yourselves into the Families who lost their whole worlds in that school today. They can't even hold their dead Family members in grief. All those poor dead children and adults are still in that school building. They will remain there until a team of coroners can be brought in to identify, and approve the removal of their bodies. What would you feel if you were one of those Parents.....I can't stop crying, and I'm not one of them...

Des

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
One of the things not covered well here is the mainstreaming to everyday society of those who prior to the eighties would have been institutionalized. Sure many of those had their abuses but with todays more extensive monitoring and legal limitations it might be a consideration to bring some of these back into operation rather than having these ticking time bombs sitting in our communities - Couple of the recent shooters would have readily qualified I think. I'd rather see tax money spent on that than some of the things its spent on.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join