It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by unphased
There are some early reports of injuries, and allegedly it was 2 gunman at first and now it's being reported that "1 gunman was killed".

This is sounding more and more like the Martin Bryant conspiracy.

From the latest news here...

There were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.

...or a professional killer was involved.

Yeah, I mentioned this pages ago, I am a firearms enthusiast, and I also happen to work in a public school. It is uncanny the accuracy this 'shooter' had, that there was only one reported injury, all other victims were killed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

If someone steals your car for a joyride, then plows into some kids with it, are you to blame because your car was easy enough for a criminal to steal?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by NinjaKitteh
There are seriously people on here going on about it being staged???

These people lost their children. SMALL children. KILLED. And you are going on about it being staged?

Good Lord people, have a little bit of respect for those who lost their lives and a little bit of a heart.

I've never been so disgusted in my life at what I'm seeing posted here

Can someone fill me in on how questioning the motive and/or reasons to these tragedies is disrespectful to victim's families? Maybe I'm from mars or something because I don't see what this has to do with anything. From 9/11 to the Colorado shooter to today and everything in between. I am soooo fuxing tired of hearing this complaint used over and over when it's nothing more than an emotional outburst using a cookie cutter cliche to validate one's emotional distress.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and I will redirect my thinking if someone can give me a serious unbiased answer. The point is, for some reason, some how, something messed up has happened. Be it society has gone down the sink, be it CIA rats trying to force tighter gun control, be it inept mental health systems passing the buck, be it the god damn devil himself. It makes no freaking difference. It's not disrespectful to anyone when trying to examine the flaws of our way or trying to determine if something more sinister is at play.

Is it because it's too soon to come up with controversial ideas? Is there some kind of time buffer for these sorts of things before we can talk about? Something is dekcuf up, so what is it? But noooo don't say anything other than what we are told because you'll offend someone. Why?

Because some people believe that there is inherent good in most people including our various leaders at various levels. Because some people don't believe that each and every person in the world other than themselves is a bastion of evil just dreaming up ways to screw other people over in hopes of gaining some degree of power over them. Because some people lost the most valuable thing in the world today, their child and because those people are going through pain that most of us could never even imagine and other people on here are trying to totally ignore that pain they are going through and try to make some conspiracy out of it.
Because most people in the world have a heart and have empathy toward others and wish to prevent causing more pain to others, especially the people who are already in tremendous pain. Because some people are human as opposed to high functioning animals not capable of emotion or caring or love or empathy.

Mostly, because it's so dang tacky to act that way in the same day that such a tragedy has happened.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
No crime scene trucks. No morgue trucks. No detective vehicles.
Very odd I have to say.

Maybe the police have been told they're not allowed to investigate the scene?

Maybe a small, hand-picked group of "experts" will be doing that instead?

The FBI has been in charge of this investigation since it was reported. The FBI, in my estimation, has been doing a good job of working with the local LE there. In retrospect, looking at the massive loss of life, I can understand why details were so slow in coming to light. So many people to be found, and told of their horrible losses.

Des

That may be true, or might not.
Since we do not have an investigative media. They are just used to hanging around waiting for press releases,
that means that whoever told them to tell us that the father was dead in NJ was LE.

Whoever said that Ryan was the shooter was LE.

Whoever said the mother was killed in her classroom which was STILL being reported in the media here as of 6pm EST, was LE.

And as of 1pm EST that in flyovers of the school no crime scene trucks had as yet arrived!
edit on 14-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just got this off of Yahoo news..

Adam Lanza of Newtown, Connecticut was a child of the suburbs and a child of divorce who at age 20 still lived with his mother.

This morning he appears to have started his day by shooting his mother Nancy in the face, and then driving to nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with at least two handguns and at least one semi-automatic rifle.

There, before turning his gun on himself, he shot and killed 20 children, who President Obama later described as between five and 10 years of age. Six adults were also killed at the school. Nancy Lanza was found dead in her home.

A relative told ABC News that Adam was "obviously not well."

Family friends in Newtown also described the young man as troubled and described Nancy as very rigid. "[Adam] was not connected with the other kids," said one friend.

State and federal authorities believe his mother may have once worked at the elementary school where Adam went on his deadly rampage, although she was not a teacher, according to relatives, perhaps a volunteer.

Nancy and her husband Peter, Adam's father, divorced in 2009. When they first filed for divorce in 2008, a judge ordered that they participate in a "parenting education program."

Peter Lanza, who drove to northern New Jersey to talk to police and the FBI, is a vice president at GE Capital and had been a partner at global accounting giant Ernst & Young.

Adam's older brother Ryan Lanza, 24, has worked at Ernst & Young for four years, apparently following in his father's footsteps and carving out a solid niche in the tax practice. He too was interviewed by the FBI. Neither he nor his father is under any suspicion.

"[Ryan] is a tax guy and he is clean as a whistle," a source familiar with his work said.

Police had initially identified Ryan as the killer. Ryan sent out a series of Facebook posts saying it wasn't him and that he was at work all day. Video records as well as card swipes at Ernst & Young verified his statement that he had been at the office.

Investigators are looking into whether Adam Lanza was carrying his older brother Ryan's identification at the time of the shooting, which may have caused the confusion. Neither Adam nor Ryan has any known criminal history.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

In spite of the tragedy, and lord knows I am heartbroken, I had to stop a moment and feel a little sympathy for fireman trying to wrangle hundreds of children.

And their hundreds of parents, too?

I would have thought to stay on school property with one egress and entrance would have been better suited.
Anyway, a good thing no fire alarms went off during that time.
How long do you reckon it took, really for the parents of these children to pick them up prove ID and leave?
Wonder where they parked? I saw a flyover that showed I don't know how many police cars and ambulances there at the FD.
None down at the school. Which I still find strange.
I guess the cops walked down to the school?

No crime scene trucks. No morgue trucks. No detective vehicles.
Very odd I have to say.

Without knowing all the facts, it is hard to say until the story comes out. But if there was another shooter, having them outside or in the school may have made them targets if there is to be additional shootings.

Not to mention, that you don't want any of the kids accidently seeing the scene.

I can't speak for other states, but I work in emergency preparedness fo mine, and one of the things we are working on is setting up a system on how to reunite lost loved ones with families in a disaster event.
edit on 14-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'll never understand why anyone would kill kids. If you're going to lose it and shoot up the town then at least kill people that deserve it, rather than those who haven't had a chance to live a life yet. I agree that you should be allowed to bare arms but clearly they are falling into the wrong hands time and time again.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

Who are you talking to? Who have I judged? It's called discerning right from wrong there skippy. Wow you really hate Christians. Hhhmmm we stand for morals and decency and that offends you. Weird. Lets get back on topic shal we

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Why the big problem with attempting to limit access to mentally unstable people?

It is already done.

I guess you have never bought a firearm?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I'll never understand why anyone would kill kids.

Maybe because killing a whole heap of adults wouldn't have the same effect?

Kill a whole heap of small children and people become much more emotional. That means they stop thinking and start listening to whatever story you present them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by mymymy

Who are you talking to? Who have I judged? It's called discerning right from wrong there skippy. Wow you really hate Christians. Hhhmmm we stand for morals and decency and that offends you. Weird. Lets get back on topic shal we

I'm not a liberal but, one thing's for sure. Christians on the right do seem to operate under the self-delusion that they are "right" and are the lone voice of reason or truth. In reality, Christianity is a child compared to all religions, and is largely based on mistranslations, misinformation and bad interpretation of Judaism. And basing your opinions and judging of others solely on your religion & its belief system is fundamentally flawed and irrelevant when it comes to modern social issues or secular laws.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Peter Lanza, who drove to northern New Jersey to talk to police and the FBI, is a vice president at GE Capital and had been a partner at global accounting giant Ernst & Young.

WHAT!??

and the plot thickens..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just heard the story - the one day that I don't bother to read the news...what else can I add but - my heart and prayers to all the families involved who lost their little ones. What a senseless tragedy...I feel badly for those children who had to witness this horrific event. They will be scarred for life.

We truly live in a sick world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Wow the Christian bashing has finally started on this thread. what a pity.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

My heart goes out to everyone hurt in this tragedy.
Peace be with you all in this time of mourning.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

There are seriously people on here going on about it being staged???

These people lost their children. SMALL children. KILLED. And you are going on about it being staged?

Good Lord people, have a little bit of respect for those who lost their lives and a little bit of a heart.

I've never been so disgusted in my life at what I'm seeing posted here

Can someone fill me in on how questioning the motive and/or reasons to these tragedies is disrespectful to victim's families? Maybe I'm from mars or something because I don't see what this has to do with anything. From 9/11 to the Colorado shooter to today and everything in between. I am soooo fuxing tired of hearing this complaint used over and over when it's nothing more than an emotional outburst using a cookie cutter cliche to validate one's emotional distress.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and I will redirect my thinking if someone can give me a serious unbiased answer. The point is, for some reason, some how, something messed up has happened. Be it society has gone down the sink, be it CIA rats trying to force tighter gun control, be it inept mental health systems passing the buck, be it the god damn devil himself. It makes no freaking difference. It's not disrespectful to anyone when trying to examine the flaws of our way or trying to determine if something more sinister is at play.

Is it because it's too soon to come up with controversial ideas? Is there some kind of time buffer for these sorts of things before we can talk about? Something is dekcuf up, so what is it? But noooo don't say anything other than what we are told because you'll offend someone. Why?

Because some people believe that there is inherent good in most people including our various leaders at various levels. Because some people don't believe that each and every person in the world other than themselves is a bastion of evil just dreaming up ways to screw other people over in hopes of gaining some degree of power over them. Because some people lost the most valuable thing in the world today, their child and because those people are going through pain that most of us could never even imagine and other people on here are trying to totally ignore that pain they are going through and try to make some conspiracy out of it.
Because most people in the world have a heart and have empathy toward others and wish to prevent causing more pain to others, especially the people who are already in tremendous pain. Because some people are human as opposed to high functioning animals not capable of emotion or caring or love or empathy.

Mostly, because it's so dang tacky to act that way in the same day that such a tragedy has happened.

IF---these people were PURPOSELY sacrificed for someones wet dream agenda, I think it would make me even angrier than knowing some mentally deranged psychopath snapped. Yes it's a HUGE tragedy, I don't think to consider how it happened is insensitive at all, in fact I hope people remain vigilent, in case there's more to come.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

There are no facts for us. Maybe for other people, but not true facts for us, or you.
Believing something you can neither hear, nor see, nor sense for yourself in any way is truly ignorant, honestly.

Look at the George Zimmerman case. The news had you believe a big fat ex con hunted down and murdered a little 14 year old black boy. In reality it was a very different situation, and half the country still believes the media's sensationalized report and a Zimmerman is on the hook because of that garbage.
edit on 14-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Wow the Christian bashing has finally started on this thread. what a pity.
It always made me wonder.

If you are an atheist, fine.

But why do so many of them find it necessary to pee in happy people's corn flakes?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Can someone post a recap fact check of events leading to and up to and the aftermath of this event. I really don't want to tread through 60 pages.

I'm reading so many theories and it's hard to believe. Really mainly about the shooter. And who is HE. Was it a lone ranger or multiple shooters?

I heard he shot the principal first then the psychologist. Did he go to this school? Was he already out of this school? At some point he had to go the school and must of had bad vibes or got in trouble a lot to go after the principal and psychologist first.

Was his mother down the hall like they said?

If so, why didn't he go there first?

When I left, this thread was only at 4 pages, I come home and it's over 60 pages.

I need an executive summary.

Pretty please.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've only traveled a few pages of this thread and I keep hearing the following.

" Maybe American's should start thinking about gun bans."

" Why don't they make stricter regulations for guns in America."

" Every week there is a shooting in the US, perhaps it's time for harsher gun control."

While these do sound like the logical solution, many of these shootings take place with either Legally obtained and owned firearms, or Stolen guns. If you ban guns it will not stop those looking to use them for nefarious means from obtaining them illegally.

In some cases you can buy illegal firearms for cheaper, and with out a waiting period or registry. Those who follow the rules will suffer. Criminals are criminals, they don't follow the law, rules or restrictions. Making firearms illegal outright will just breed more violent crime, smuggling and selling illegal firearms.

I'm not going to pretend to have the answers here, and I do think the laws surrounding guns in some states are a little lax. I don't think it's a good idea, for anyone of age to simply walk in and purchase firearms or ammo. That's absurd.

It's possible a system involving registry, or licensing may be the answer. I know this sounds kind of rough, but if everyone had to apply for a license/permit before they can purchase guns or ammo, it may increase regulation to a degree. IT doesn't stop Americans from owning guns, but it may help put some time between psychotic break down and the purchase and use of firearms on innocent civilians.

The tricky thing here is a lot of shootings in the US are not Crazy mad men who go to the gun store, buy a gun, ammo and some magazines then go from there to their shooting spree. Many of the shootings take place with stolen firearms which the shooter either took from family or a friend. In some cases the shooter themselves has owned their firearms for a significant period of time.

It would be nice to see some kind of licensing or permit for firearms ownership. I know many don't like the idea of someone else telling them what to do, but if it would take the pressure off the general populations firearm ownership and place it where it belongs on the criminals committing the crimes it could be the logical solution. It could be quite simple really. State run, firearms safety courses. An Application, an issued license by the state, and waiting period for firearms purchases. No one with out a license could purchase firearms or ammunition. It might be a pain in the butt, but at least It wouldn't be a blanket no firearms law. At the very least it would put some better records towards who purchased what where.

Safe storage practices for firearms and ammo need to come in as well. I know irregardless people will not follow this, but I've known many people who store firearms in a closet, or under their beds. I've known many individuals much older than I, who've been shooting for as many as 50 years more than me who don't practice safe storage or shooting practices. I can not deny, those that maintain a level of firearms safety the right to own them, how ever I think many individuals need to start practicing storage and operational safety.

My heart goes out to the lives lost, and I can't help but feel tired and enraged by the repeated cases of needless loss. How ever, a serious solution needs to be had, and a blanket gun ban for civilians isn't going to stop violent gun crime.

Guns, in the hands of civilians neither prevents or causes the crime. Individuals are responsible, and countries that have enacted gun bans are not gun crime free. Just keep this in mind America, I understand the plight of both sides, but you need to work together to find a solution. A gun is a tool, it is capable of horrific things, but so is a cork screw.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join