It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

It's easy to make extended clips from scratch too, there is really not a whole lot to them. The right spring, sheet metal and a good tool to bend it straight, and a spot welder. I make 100 round clips for when I feel like throwing some shots down range in my back yard.

link   
I'll ask again. What is the address for this school?

It isn't listed on this guide to real estate and what schools are nearby
in Sandy Hook and Newtown.

www.newtown-sandyhook-realestate.com...

link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by unphased

HUH??? All headlines I see right now say the same! Please link.

Entire Classrom of Children Unaccounted For

That link also has a report of the gunman being a 24 yr old from New Jersey with 4 guns.

I'm watching Fox live and they are confirming 18 children dead and a second shooter has been taken into custody.

Doesnt appear to be a second shooter. They're trying to figure out if this second person in custody is involved at all, they arent sure yet. Updates are slow to come, but that's expected - they have more important things to deal with than update the news guys

I've heard that a second shooter was arrested as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Maria Snell ‏@mariacsnell

At least one child seriously wounded in Newton's shooting. This is UNCONFIRMED and reported by Newton Bee. Can we talk gun control now pls?
Twitter

Right. CT has an AWB, a handgun registry, a waiting period, capacity restrictions, mandatory courses for permits.

What else is there Maria Snell?

I sick of people trying to take guns away from law abiding citizens… If just one or two of the teachers was trained, and carried a cancelled hand gun it could have made a big difference… unfortunately, it’s something we will never know.

I’m sorry but gun control is not going to stop any criminal from doing something that they set out to do… the only reason things like this happen is because a criminal knows he/she can carry out what he intends without being challenged by anyone.

When people start standing up against these idiots criminal, they will think twice before doing something stupid like this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The tide of violence whch is beginning to seem far to ARTIFICIAL to me is rising faster....
I would look for radical alteration of your basic freedoms very soon....
Too many of these random violences being enacted look like scripted psycho dramas....
I feel for these people......it saddens me to dwell upon it.....
Sometimes i think maybe THAT IS the POINT..................The nature of the violence is so unreal..............
We all FEEL SO MUCH BETTER when big brother "DEALS WITH IT"
Perhaps i worry too much......but when seeing these countless lives wasted, one begins to wonder ............why?

Perhaps we are being turned into more like an ant colony.....

edit on 14-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

I agree here. There is something very sinister being played out.

I think there is a strong movement underway to disarm the populace. Why? That is the real question, and personally, I think it may involve the UN's directives and/or the shadow government that is trying to fundamentally transform America. Who they are, what they are, and the methods or programming they are using is the big question.

Forcibly trying to take guns away from ordinary people would cause a blood bath. Radical, crazy, emotionally wrenching methods that create a public outrage for the g'ment to DO SOMETHING is what "they" know will work. That's how the Patriot Act got passed.....during a moment of time when the populace was outraged over 9/11 and were willing to relinquish some of their liberty for so-called safety.

So, is killings in malls, schools, churches, and movie theatres by so-called "normal" young adults achieving that goal?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok...confirmed my buddies neighbor's daughter was killed.

+1 more 
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm absolutely offended by you right now. Totally not the time, nor the thread.

Keep your bullsh**T out of this tragic thread!

You're an a$$

edit on 14-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Double post, my nerves caused me to hit "send" twice.

edit on 14-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I hope all of the ATS members and their families will be safe from this craziness that is happening in the world.

link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

# man, that is horrible.

link   
reply to post by otie1

Same here...I just had to pull myself together b/c my youngest is home sick today...I think it was worrying him to see me cry but, my hands won't stop shaking and now I'm starting to just get really pi&&ed off!

link   
Just heard the gunman was 20 years old

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

On live right now::

26, possibly 27 if they include gunman. 18 kids, rest adults. 20 year old shooter, 2 handguns. Many many rounds fired. One shooter, second person in custody that was seen running from the scene at time of shooting, trying to find out if this person is involved at all. School completely contained. Perimeters still being searched just in case.

Good thing I'm not a transcriptionist, I suck at typing while listening to the news report.

link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I found a map for you, on the USA today site. About halfway down the page...Looks like it's at the end of a street called Queen st.
www.usatoday.com...

link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Oh my god....I am so sorry to hear that.

I have no more words.

link   
When I get my S**t together I will be going to Newtown to my buddies house and see if I can help in any way.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The news im getting is they think it might be the father of a child because there were strict security measures in place. Only parents or guardians were allowed on school premises.

Age of shooter in his 20's, other reports say he was 20.
27 dead, 18 were children, others reports say 10 children are dead

------
Unless the shooter broke in or it could be a staff member?
If he walked in with two guns, the security wasn't that good.

link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Oh, no. That is so terrible. I am saddened for your community.

link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

This is so sad.

link   
Any updates on the missing kindergarten class? I am thinking that in the chaos of the event it is hard to keep track of all the students/teachers/school staff .... remember alot of teachers and school staff may have been injured/killed. Kids are hysterical, etc.

I really hope it's just a case of chaos at the scene and not something like a hostage incident.

News is reporting only one shooter (possibly shot by police) so I doubt its a hostage crisis.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join