It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
man this is the saddest news ive heard on a while.

Now if only people would be this shocked when a US drone strike killed a bunch of children.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
one shooter said to be 24 with armor and 4 guns.
also said to be parent to a school child.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
shooter 24 year armed with 4 weapons and wearing a bulletproof vest. WHY THE HELL ARENT THESE TEACHERS ALLOWED TO CONSEAL CARRY? and why are bullet proof vests available to the public. I dont want gun contol and european union style control of weapons and semi and assault weapon bans I wan us they way we use to be were every body walked around with a weapon and nobody wanted to mess with you out of fear of being killed. stop dishing out psychotropic drugs to the american people......make it harder to get a gun but dont ban them.....that just makes them more mysterious and make people want to obtain them more. because they are "illegal"

20 year old, 2 guns. Had not heard anything about a vest at this point.

EDIT

ABC and NBC are reporting two different things. ABC says 24 with 4 guns, NBC says 20 with 2 guns. Guess we just need to give it some time, wait for confirmation.
edit on 14-12-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
reply to post by DerekJR321

Everybody likes to pretend that killing people for PLAY on a regular basis has no connection to being less empathetic or caring about the living creatures in the world around them; continue on with that delusion if you wish. Those in the mental health professions know that this is not true.

Those in the "mental health profession" are the ones throwing around medicine like its candy, and probably creating half of these psychos out there. So save your preaching for someone else.

link   
Is anyone else hearing that the gunman was a parent of a student at that school?

link   

Originally posted by anon29

Originally posted by LipstickMystic

Everybody likes to pretend that killing people for PLAY on a regular basis has no connection to being less empathetic or caring about the living creatures in the world around them; continue on with that delusion if you wish. Those in the mental health professions know that this is not true.

Can you take this vendetta against video games to another thread? You aren't convincing anyone.

Thank You!!! We are talking about a tragedy involving practically babies!!!! My God, I can't get passed the tears yet, much less start dissecting the cause behind it....there is NO Excuse for this! None!

I have 2 boys....one in pre-school and one in elementary. I am sick to my stomach thinking about the families of these poor innocent babies.

link   
How can you hurt a child like that, someone so dependent on love...this breaks my heart in two...I can't imagine what the parents and those on the scene are feeling and I don't ever want to feel it...why?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Another shooting where we start with multiple shooters and end up with a crazy lone nut? Duly noted.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Bulletproof vests could be made pretty easily if they couldn't be bought. Someone with the will to kill, could make their own weapons, vests, whatever they want really. The only difference is it might take an extra few months to be ready to go on their rampage. Plus, there is always the internet blackmarket if all else fails.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by ChrisF231
30 people dead? I don't even have words to describe the shock I am in.

How can ONE person possibly kill 30+ people including CHILDREN, innocent children? How? Why?

Surely there were multiple gunmen? Guns jam, they need to be reloaded, doors can be barricaded ... no way one guy killed 30 people.

With the kinds of weapons available for people to buy in the USA, killing a hundred people in a minute is entirely possible. Someone can easily murder 30+ people within a few minutes.

It doesn't mean there must be more than one shooter.

American's might not like it, but this is what happens when you allow civilians with mental instability to own high-powered assault weapons designed for a battlefield!

www.foxnews.com...

Please tell me how gun control makes anybody safer?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

depending on the clips it could only take i mag change to kill thirty,

hate and fear is starting to rule the world, something needs to change, or there will be more innocents dead. i hope the famileys of the deceased can cope with what happened, otherwise there will be more hate and fear in the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

HUH??? All headlines I see right now say the same! Please link.

Entire Classrom of Children Unaccounted For

That link also has a report of the gunman being a 24 yr old from New Jersey with 4 guns.

I'm watching Fox live and they are confirming 18 children dead and a second shooter has been taken into custody.

link   
this just makes me so sick that another human can bring themselves to this. why did this have to happen? what was going through his mind? i caant stop crying and shaking-i cant hardly process thought. this is just too sick and f------ up.

link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Another shooting where we start with multiple shooters and end up with a crazy lone nut? Duly noted.

This time the reports of TWO gunmen are almost undeniable. They kept that going too long. After the first was "killed" there was a pursuit through the woods and 1 arrest made.. Then there was the pursuit of a van in Danbury????

Get ready for bull# on the 6pm news.

link   
CNN just reported at least 27 dead, mostly children. Gunman did indeed have bulletproof vest on they are reporting. This is their live report on televesion.... again tho, numbers keep changing.
edit on 14-12-2012 by JustLu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
man this is the saddest news ive heard on a while.

Now if only people would be this shocked when a US drone strike killed a bunch of children.

Those are just brown kids.

Like how we dont care about Detroit or Chicago experiencing perpetual gang warfare with children dying everyday.

We only care about the white kids. Better yet, the wealthy white kids.

Newtown Demo's:

The racial makeup of the town was 95.14% White, 1.75% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 1.40% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.64% from other races, and 0.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.36% of the population.

The median income for a household in the town was $90,193, and the median income for a family was $99,192 (these figures had risen to $101,937 and $119,175 respectively as of a 2007 estimate[7]).

link

Wake us up when a drone hits some rich white kids.

link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

That link also has a report of the gunman being a 24 yr old from New Jersey with 4 guns.

I'm watching Fox live and they are confirming 18 children dead and a second shooter has been taken into custody.

As a father.... My heart HURTS right now....

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

true true
freaking nuts in america

link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Doesnt appear to be a second shooter. They're trying to figure out if this second person in custody is involved at all, they arent sure yet. Updates are slow to come, but that's expected - they have more important things to deal with than update the news guys

link   

Well written!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join