It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm astonished that this type of event doesn't happen more often in a country that worships violence in it's games and entertainment, easy access to firearms,few and pisspoor mental health facilities, crazies walking the streets eveywhere, a country wide sense of hopelessness, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i smell BS.....i seen someone led out of school in cuffs then feed was cut from chopper.
plus the first one from the woods........plus the dead one. and we cant forget about the van......the numbers arent matching up all.

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
i smell BS.....i seen someone led out of school in cuffs then feed was cut from chopper.
plus the first one from the woods........plus the dead one. and we cant forget about the van......the numbers arent matching up all.

Yea I've counted at least 3 gunman throughout the day. All in different locations. The van was 12 miles away in Danbury..

1 dead
1 arrested at the school
1 arrested in the woods
Van in Danbury could be a 4th
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I'm astonished that this type of event doesn't happen more often in a country that worships violence in it's games and entertainment, easy access to firearms,few and pisspoor mental health facilities, crazies walking the streets eveywhere, a country wide sense of hopelessness, etc.

How about some Prayers and compassion for those going through this RIGHT NOW.....

Des

link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Double post, my nerves caused me to hit "send" twice.

edit on 14-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

Your comment deserved to be posted twice!

Wouldnt mind if you posted it a third time.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Sandy Hook Elementary
i wanna say its dickenson dr no addy

link   
Police scanner says classrooms headed to Town Hall, parents are still looking for their kids.

link   
reply to post by Shdak

Well maybe it should be a little more difficult for some crazy nut to be able to get a gun.
Maybe there should be some serious mental tests before one is able to buy guns.
Surely the answer is not everyone carrying guns around like its the wild wild west is not the answer.
If the teachers were trained with guns they could have stopped this??????
That is not the answer and in fact that is just plain ignorant.

link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It is at the end of Dickenson. Do you know the school?

link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
When I get my S**t together I will be going to Newtown to my buddies house and see if I can help in any way.

My thoughts will be with you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Van thing does not appear to be related. The person they got running away from the scene is being investigated right now, no details on this person yet. Never heard about anyone going away from the school in cuffs, unless that was the person they caught running away from the scene.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

no the person i seen was coming out of the shcool in cuffs.......just recently.
the other was wayyy earlier.
a room full of kids missing still?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Any updates on the missing kindergarten class? I am thinking that in the chaos of the event it is hard to keep track of all the students/teachers/school staff .... remember alot of teachers and school staff may have been injured/killed. Kids are hysterical, etc.

I really hope it's just a case of chaos at the scene and not something like a hostage incident.

News is reporting only one shooter (possibly shot by police) so I doubt its a hostage crisis.

They are dead. The whole class. (That is what is being reported)

link   
My freind from one of the SWAT teams called me back...could not get into details now but he was very broken up and said it was bad...real bad.

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think this will go down as the worse shooting disaster in the history of the country.

This is tragic.

My kids are in first grade. This may push me to home school them.

What has happened to our country?

Frankly, I am surprised that terrorists have not done this up until now. But then again, these shooters or shooter is a terrorist, by definition.

You do not have to be a muslim to be a terrorist.

link   

Havent heard anything in the last bit (45 mins, hour maybe) about missing kids. Might be that the victims that were children were all in a single class.

link   

My fear...the shooter went into that one classroom....I can't even type it.....

Des

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by olaru12

How about some Prayers and compassion for those going through this RIGHT NOW.....

You don't know my inner feelings about this incident. I just made a comment on our culture of violence as an explanation.

edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Van thing does not appear to be related. The person they got running away from the scene is being investigated right now, no details on this person yet. Never heard about anyone going away from the school in cuffs, unless that was the person they caught running away from the scene.

It's been almost 2 hours since there was word of "somebody being led from the school"... half an hour or so later it was "police have arrested somebody in the woods".

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This guy is an absolute scum bag! I am nearly at a loss at the amount of words can call him on this thread.
I hope he receives unbelievable agony for the rest of eternity.

My thoughts go out to all the families concerned at this very difficult time

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join