It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by Mully

If you really want to see incidents like this stopped you will fight as hard as you can for universal concealed carry reciprocity agreements as well as bills overturning the federal ban on carry in schools, especially for teachers.
Personally it is my belief that we entrust the school system with the lives and minds of our children and they should take that seriously by arming and training teachers to defend our children should the worst happen.

I agree with this. Why not set it up like ongoing training for teachers. Let the ones that want to take the classes take them & let them legally carry in schools. Go as far as putting a small gun safe in the classrooms that only the teachers have access too. It would not be that hard to do this.

Yeah What could go possibly wrong

edit on 16-12-2012 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

People had to fight like crazy to get warning labels that state clearly that strong suicidal urges can be caused by antidepressants. There are still people out there fighting to have violent urges and homicidal urges added to a lot of them as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

Originally posted by triune

My first question this tragedy and all similar mass murders is, what part did prescription medication play in this person going beserk.

This will be a closely guarded peice of information. We cant have people knowing that 'medicine' can turn a person into a maniacal killer.

I honestly think that's as important a debate to have as the one on guns; and I wonder if any who bring it up in public will be shut down?
The danger is that if you are on the same drugs that he was, then people will suspect you of being a potential risk.

These drugs could probably be eliminated (slowly) from people's systems without that much loss to our society except to the companies' stock value; nutrition and exercise and life interests and hobbies would be much better substiitutes. If only these were 'pushed' as much as the drug 'solutions' are.
They only cover up the wound, they don't stop it from festering underneath the shiny bandaid.

edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

Do you know much about pharmacology? I don't really, but I do know some people need drugs, and nutrition/excercise etc. is not going to do anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
After much speculation on the motives and theories of recent shootings, I would like to share with you guys something I found quite interesting....

First, please read the Wiki about psychological warfare here, if you are unfamiliar with the tactics...

en.wikipedia.org...

*Note the "Modern Psycological Warfare Operations" & "United States" sections

Next, lets just see where some of these units are based. Scroll down in the wiki link to the section where it shows where the psyop units are based out of.

en.wikipedia.org...

*Note 2 of the 41 listed are in Aurora, Co, 1 is in Withycombe, OR (basically Portland), and 1 is in Fort Totten, NY (about 70 miles from Newtown, CT)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
ignore - wrong thread
edit on 16-12-2012 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Do you know much about pharmacology? I don't really, but I do know some people need drugs, and nutrition/excercise etc. is not going to do anything.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement for all cases, but these things really do effect chemicals in the body. And just having a reason to feel better about life through activities and community can't be a bad thing.

Seratonin uptake suppresors have been linked to some very disturbing side effects, I don't know if there's ever been hearings into it but there should be. And as far as a conspiracy goes, companies trying to suppress or downplay knowledge of side effects is definitely one of the more believable ones.
Maybe the drugs have been improved since then and they understand why it was causing problems?

I wouldn't try to be black and white about the issue, there are problems if these things are demonised without proper research and they do help some people, but drugs are pushed prematurely as a solution for sure when it's not always necessary.
How that relates to this case though is unclear but it should be explored.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
anon hacks westboro

After the haters from the infamous church posted their intentions to picket the funerals of the twenty children killed in the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, Anonymous responded by re-posting the personal and professional information for members of the church on the Internet. Now the general public can contact the church members directly and tell them what they think about people who would desecrate the funerals of murdered children.

They claimed their website was protected by God. Big mistake. A few days later, while a Westboro spokeswoman was boasting about how the church foiled Anonymous on a radio talk show, an Anonymous spokesman called in and hacked the church’s website in real time on the air.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by Tecumte
Beautiful, very succinct, I whole heartedly agree, like a scripted Hollywood production, not just this one shooting (which COULD, maybe??? have been 'radom' ---though I still have reservations) but a string with the same type MOs, and not just here in the states but as I pointed out several times Canada and Great Britian and Australia, etc. over and over and over, usuallly masked, in the shadows, lights out, smoke bombs, emotionally and mentally ill (alleged) shooters, I really smell a NWO rat, one that would stop at nothing to further humanity into that Brave New (gunless, microchipped, 24/7 surveilled, greatly population reduced, collective) World.

I find it far more believable that someone with severe mental illness and autism would kill children than a group of masterminds... NWO had nothing to do with this, it wouldn't make sense, whereas someone with severe mental illness, wouldn't make sense, and hence would do something like this.

What Mental Illness do those in Armed Forces have? Have any children died in the Iraq War or Afghanistan war?

What Mental Illness does Anders Breivik have?

Let's say 9/11 wasn't a false flag for minute, what Mental Illness does the Aqaeda and Bin Laden have/had? If it was a false flag what Mental Illness do TPTB have?

It's not always mental illness.
I'm not saying the event wasn't horrific or that I am in anyway a Killer sympathiser but to put a tag on it "Only People with mental illness would kill children" is just too easy, life is much more complex and there are many scenarios that prove this.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Don't be naive. Of course the gub'mint would let them die. Like they did teacher Dave Sanders at Columbine, whom they ignored for four hours until he finally bled to death.

What you and many others are failing to realize is this isn't Columbine. this was some clown willing to kill 6 year old children. But,you know what? There are things that are similar. How you ask? Well,let me tell you child.

See,# happens. The media reports on it and everyone gets their panties in a bunch because guess what??? The media wasn't right! Dave Sanders died because two idiots shot up a school.And guess what? The Police had to go through every room and make sure no one else was there.I'm going to stop there since MY comment was removed and yours wasn't. #ing mods are ridiculous sometimes.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

to my knowledge there have been no official reports of a bullet count.
whether 30 or 300, it doesn't matter.

no one, that age, with a mental handicap, limited access or training and experiencing a psychotic break would care enough to NOT have stray bullets.

i've read your theory and i personally don't agree.
i know many autistic children and those i do know do NOT like guns at all, anytime, anywhere.
they provide way too much sensory overload.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
And how did they handle it today? From a printed fact sheet they gave to all reporters at the same
time. That could have been done for every bit of info all along, could it not?

Sure. They could have done a lot of things they didn't do. It's obviously a very hectic scene with a lot of people dealing with a once in a lifetime situation. There is a huge difference between misinformation resulting from confusion and deliberate misinformation.

The more I read conspiracy sites the more I come to believe that conspiracy theorists tend to lack significant experience in how organizations actually operate in the real world.

It boggles my mind that anyone could look at the coverage coming out of there and still believe that an organized conspiracy could be going on. Look at how many people are there and how many agencies are represented.. How could you possible coordinate a conspiracy that keeps everyone quiet?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Do you get the feeling they are making this stuff up as they go along?

I do.

I sure do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by starviego

Do you get the feeling they are making this stuff up as they go along?

I do.

I sure do.

Which is a good argument for this not being 'staged' and everyone being caught shocked and scrambling for facts and latching onto anything that vaguely resembled information and making many mistakes.

A planned attack would never have so many inconsistencies, it's too suspicious; a well planned cover story would be ready to be fed out as soon as people realised something was happening.

This was just what happens to information in the real world around an extraordinary event.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

A planned attack would never have so many inconsistencies, it's too suspicious; a well planned cover story would be ready to be fed out as soon as people realised something was happening.

I am not saying that anything untoward happened here, just that the whole thing smells.

Let me run a scenario by you though.

The young man blamed as the shooter is a patsy.
A professional paid him to go to the school with him on the morning of the shooting.
Once 'buzzed in" at the school, the professional shoots the patsy and various school officials.
Then the professional guns down a roomful of children.
The professional leaves the school.
A second conspirator feeds conflicting info to the news media through the next day to completely cloud the issue and make it so no one knows what to believe.

It would take two bad guys to pull this off.

Impossible?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

That's the truth.

Let's face it, these reporters are interviewing EVERYONE. I found out yesterday that the idea that Lanza's mother used to work at the school was given to a reporter by a parent of one of the other children at the school. That's why all of the information is so conflicting.

This is what happens when everyone is in a rush to be the first to report in a society of 24/7 news.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

chaos and compartmentalization.
it worked for 9/11 -- practice does make perfect.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Media Update from Chief Medical Examiner

One thing that the ME said during his Press Conference struck me as being very odd. About 5 mins in he is

asked about the range at which the victims had been shot. In his response he states that he personally

examined 7 of the bodies, which had 3 - 11 gunshot wounds apiece. So lets say he examined 40 - 50 bullet

wounds. He then continues to say that only 2 shots had been taken at close range. Huh??? Now, is that not

strange considering the environment, along with the apparent accuracy of the shots? I don't know what is

technically considered to be "close range", but if we are to believe what has been reported; that all of the shots

were confined within a single classroom, wouldn't most (at least more than only 2) of those shots automatically

be at close range??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
If his mother was an avid collector of guns and she often talked about her "gun collection" at the local beer tasting every Tuesday (as has been reported), then it might be possible that she bought a few " under the counter" so to speak that aren't coming up under her name as they weren't legal.

I'm leaning towards to this idea as it seems to make the most sense.

I am not running with any of the media portraits I've been given of her.
She was a victim also and I am trying to recall if I've seen a photo of her.

Am I being told she was a prepper because this is considered a slur?
Am I being told she was an avid gun collector because it fits a certain narrative necessary to answer the
question of where and how Adam got guns?
So now she's down at Moe's Bar every Tuesday or whatever like Homer Simpson slurping down the beer?

How do I know this is true? This is the kind of stuff that would take a gumshoe up there to track down the story
if you wanted to know the facts of who these people are.

Why would I believe anything at this point the media tells me? It isn't like the track record in this case is
stellar and meticulous.

Maybe I had trouble with the story the shucking and jiving ME told us, too.
So sue me for being skeptical.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My last post, along with the fact that several windows were reported to be broken/shot out, the overall accuracy of the shots fired and the initial reports of other shooters seen outside in the bushes....?

well, you do the math..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

Yes I saw a few pics and he does have bug eyes. I've not seen many pics of other shooters eyes, except Holmes had the bug eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join