Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 118
135
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by salainen
 


I saw video of them removing the rifle from the car on the idiotbox news up here.


Found it, the weird part was (suspicion of fakery), was that its dark in the video, the colorado shooting was at night time, but the connecticut one was in the morning, why did it take them over 12 hours to search the suspects car?



And video of medical examiner stating that wounds were caused by a rifle



And source that says that 3 guns were found inside the school (a rifle and 2 hand guns), and a fourth outside (another long gun):


The official says a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle were found in the school after the massacre Friday. The official says that a fourth weapon was found outside the school and that investigators have been going to shooting ranges and gun stores to see if Lanza had frequented them.

www.todaystmj4.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...




posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen
 


Good find, I was googling earlier trying to find the footage



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


Good points you make.

I hadn't thought about the head shots part, but it WAS reported at one time that all kids were killed execution style. If that were the case, I would assume very few would do open-casket. When my mom died of cancer we did closed casket because she wasn't recognizable to most (after private family viewing). Not sure how families would handle head-shots. So sad some may have to make that decision.

I'm still stuck on the fact of ALL first graders. In a school of roughly 500 kids from K-4, I think it was, 100 per grade, all 20 killed are from 1st grade. No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.


Oh, and have they released the name of the 1 injured person shot in the foot? I would be interested in hearing/seeing any interviews with that person.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tjmck1980
 


I'll take the bait in that the kidnap theory I have been wrestling with isn't that much crazier than no shooting at all. Just wondering if you are saying:

1. The kids/class/teachers dead are fake?
2. The kids/class/teachers are real, but really alive?
3. Another possibility I'm not mentioning here?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperStudChuck
reply to post by tjmck1980
 


I'll take the bait in that the kidnap theory I have been wrestling with isn't that much crazier than no shooting at all. Just wondering if you are saying:

1. The kids/class/teachers dead are fake?
2. The kids/class/teachers are real, but really alive?
3. Another possibility I'm not mentioning here?


Yeah, a kidnap theory (very interesting idea by the way), is really no crazier than a fake shooting. But in my opinion, there was a real shooting, and no kidnapping. There are so many people involved, police, firemen, paramedics, medical examiners, FBI, crime scene investigators, forensics, journalists, emergency call services, people who live in the area, students who go to the school, parents, military was probably involved, and many more... You don't just fake something like this.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperStudChuck
 


No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.
you're not the only one ... who goes on a shooting rampage with frangible bullets ???

don't know that they were but children with multiple wounds indicate more than 20 shots were fired ... surely 1 of those bullets would have strayed to another room and possibly other students/faculty ?

If he actually shot the Bushmaster exclusively, i find the above virtually impossible.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
There is a danger to freedom - Yes, we live in more danger of gun violence here than Europe but these things are sensationalized and many common things are far more dangerous- And its something us Americans should value.

Value the power to deal death summarily, on a whim, with a mere squeeze of the index finger? Without rhyme, reason or judicial counsel? To be judge, jury and executioner? This is what Americans value??


Thank heck my parents didn't emigrate to the US!



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Has this been mentioned yet?

Shooting Reported Sandy Hook Elementary School



Sandy Hook School Principal Dawn Hochsprung told The Bee that a masked man entered the school with a rifle and started shooting multiple shows – more than she could count – that went "on and on."


The Principal was supposedly the first to die.

This story came from the town's newspaper.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Steffenfield because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-12-2012 by Steffenfield because: Highlighted something in bold



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by SuperStudChuck
 


No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.
you're not the only one ... who goes on a shooting rampage with frangible bullets ???

don't know that they were but children with multiple wounds indicate more than 20 shots were fired ... surely 1 of those bullets would have strayed to another room and possibly other students/faculty ?

If he actually shot the Bushmaster exclusively, i find the above virtually impossible.


Apparently he shot closer to 100 shots, there were 27 fatalities, with multiple gunshots each... But this only happened in 2 classrooms and excecution style. The guy probably walked right upto each victim, and shot them at very short range, if he shot downwards at them while the children lay on the ground, maybe the accuracy was very precise, and there was no room for stray bullets. And wasn't there 1 person who got injured? Maybe not? Anyway, he could also have followed up on each victim who was wounded non-fatally to ensure they die (eg. original target may have been 19 children, but another got injured so he made sure they were dead too).

One of my theories now is that perhaps this 20 year old had counselling while attending this school, and now as a 20 year old mentally ill autistic person became suicidal again and decided to seek help from the school. When he would have asked to see the psychiatrist he would have been denied, so then he decided to prove that he needed help, so went to buy a gun, when told about the waiting times he may have become so desperate to go and kill his mother for the weapons. Then he would have gone to the school, broken in, and chased up the psychiatrist and principal, shooting them, and then going to his old classroom to kill his classmates (who no longer would be his classmates).

Alternatively, perhaps more plausibly, as police apparently said that there was no prior meeting between the shooter and 3 adult victims, perhaps his mothers end of the world fears caused him to take his own life, sparing his mother, and schoolkids (peers?) from having to go through the suffering of 21.12.2012.

Probably nowhere near the real causes, but some theories.


Originally posted by Steffenfield
Has this been mentioned yet?

Shooting Reported Sandy Hook Elementary School



Sandy Hook School Principal Dawn Hochsprung told The Bee that a masked man entered the school with a rifle and started shooting multiple shows – more than she could count – that went "on and on."


The Principal was supposedly the first to die.

This story came from the town's newspaper.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Steffenfield because: (no reason given)


Yes, that was one of the first facts, it was something like the principal being in a meeting with the psychiatrist and the shooter targetted them, before walking to the 2 classrooms to kill the rest of the victims.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen
 





Yes, that was one of the first facts, it was something like the principal being in a meeting with the psychiatrist and the shooter targetted them, before walking to the 2 classrooms to kill the rest of the victims.


Correct.

So how is that the Principle told The Bee (newspaper) this information?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperStudChuck
 


I would rather NOT think about that sort of thing, but it seems unavoidable. With my dad, who also died of cancer, we did an open casket. He looked a little different, because they didn't put his dentures in, but recognizable. Not sure how that would be with a child, though. No arrangements will make it any easier for their families, though.

All one class, or maybe two - does seem odd, especially now that we hear the shooter's mother might not have an actual connection to the school. I don't understand why we can't KNOW already on that issue, one way or the other. I had forgotten about someone being wounded only, in the foot. Maybe a stray round, when he was in the office?

In the end, we won't ever really know why this happened, other than that there is evil in the world. I couldn't even sleep last night, thinking about it.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is the creepy killer portrait that will forever be used from now on - unless they find one of him posing with guns.


Another weird detail, not sure how reliable though...

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”


www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
reply to post by salainen
 





Yes, that was one of the first facts, it was something like the principal being in a meeting with the psychiatrist and the shooter targetted them, before walking to the 2 classrooms to kill the rest of the victims.


Correct.

So how is that the Principle told The Bee (newspaper) this information?


What? Where does it say he told the newspaper he was one of the first to die? If it does its a funny mistake by the paper for sure.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Can't even get through most of this thread because of how ridiculous some posters are....but to anyone that thinks this was somehow faked...


You're idiots.


The fact that an entire 1st grade class was tragically lost will never leave the hearts/minds of those that are lucky enough to live through it. That scar will never heal, and I feel for the kids/parents that will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Graduation for these kids will be one of the saddest moments one could fathom.


R.I.P.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen
 


I thought the principal was a women?
The early version of the story reported that the intercom was flipped on at some point, and the whole school heard the argument happening.

Oh, sorry tired......... I read the linked story you replied to..... WTF?!
edit on Sun, 16 Dec 2012 02:15:14 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by salainen
 


I thought the principal was a women?
The early version of the story reported that the intercom was flipped on at some point, and the whole school heard the argument happening.


That was the story, haven't heard it being changed? Has it?


Originally posted by MmmPie
Can't even get through most of this thread because of how ridiculous some posters are....but to anyone that thinks this was somehow faked...


You're idiots.


Agreed.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen
 


Again, this came from the town's newspaper, and it certainly doesn't appear to be rushed.

It has good formatting and pictures on that news page.



How could such a horrible mistake like this come from their own town's reporter?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion
This is the creepy killer portrait that will forever be used from now on - unless they find one of him posing with guns.


Another weird detail, not sure how reliable though...

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”


www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)


My first question this tragedy and all similar mass murders is, what part did prescription medication play in this person going beserk.

This will be a closely guarded peice of information. We cant have people knowing that 'medicine' can turn a person into a maniacal killer.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
reply to post by salainen
 


Again, this came from the town's newspaper, and it certainly doesn't appear to be rushed.

It has good formatting and pictures on that news page.

How could such a horrible mistake like this come from their own town's reporter?


The text must have been rushed, as Dawn Hochsprung, the principal, was on the list of victims released by the press, and is being reported everywhere else. They must have got mixed up with who they were quoting and what about, maybe it was the vice principal reporting the principal was the first to die, reporter got mixed up between the principals, and vice principals name, and without the list of victims didn't notice the error. Look for a retraction in the next paper, there will most likely be a correction. Or if it was only on the website, its probably already fixed, and being online media would have been hastily done, and probably released without even spell checking.

EDIT: thats just the website anyway, and it states "started shooting multiple shows", where it probably meant, "started shooting multiple shots", clearly wasn't checked before release, and the printed paper probably didn't have the error.
edit on 16-12-2012 by salainen because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by triune


My first question this tragedy and all similar mass murders is, what part did prescription medication play in this person going beserk.

This will be a closely guarded peice of information. We cant have people knowing that 'medicine' can turn a person into a maniacal killer.


I honestly think that's as important a debate to have as the one on guns; and I wonder if any who bring it up in public will be shut down?
The danger is that if you are on the same drugs that he was, then people will suspect you of being a potential risk.

These drugs could probably be eliminated (slowly) from people's systems without that much loss to our society except to the companies' stock value; nutrition and exercise and life interests and hobbies would be much better substiitutes. If only these were 'pushed' as much as the drug 'solutions' are.
They only cover up the wound, they don't stop it from festering underneath the shiny bandaid.

edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
135
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

log in

join