It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by Shaxuul
Cops use guns to save lives. Think how many lives would've been saved if a few teachers were armed...

I agree in principle assuming you could REALLY fully trust you child's teacher, but I do think honestly (just saying, and i might have to get over it, dunno) but knowing my child was sitting in a class room with an armed teacher I didn't fully know and trust 100%, well, not so sure, have to think about it. There's always gonna be what if the teacher 'went nuts' and too having my kids grow up in an environment where 'the teacher' wears a gun on their side. Hmmmm. Slipppery slope, hard to know where the best balance is.

You must be a very nervous person. Imagine if the teacher went nuts, and stabbed your child with scissors, or decided to do a chainsaw massacre, or just intentionally crashed the bus into oncoming traffic on a schooltrip. You need to trust the teacher, if you are going to give your child to them.

But you shouldn't arm teachers, it would require every single teacher to be trained to be an armed guard, and imagine a school fight, and a teacher pulling a gun. You need armed guards maybe in some schools, but in most cases I think its overkill having even armed guards, school shootings aren't that common, are they?

link   

link   

Originally posted by EarthlingSpelunker
Reportedly over 300 million guns loose in America, yet the hottest topic is why the Second Amendment must remain sacrosanct.

If 300 million Americans start smoking, do you think the hazardous pastime would get banned?

Are you an American? If not then its something you will not understand. If you are, its something you need to understand.

I have tried to stay out of the "debate" on gun control and think both sides use silly arguments and try to paint everything in Black or White.

There is a danger to freedom - Yes, we live in more danger of gun violence here than Europe but these things are sensationalized and many common things are far more dangerous- And its something us Americans should value.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Cops use guns to save lives. Think how many lives would've been saved if a few teachers were armed...

I agree in principle assuming you could REALLY fully trust you child's teacher, but I do think honestly (just saying, and i might have to get over it, dunno) but knowing my child was sitting in a class room with an armed teacher I didn't fully know and trust 100%, well, not so sure, have to think about it. There's always gonna be what if the teacher 'went nuts' and too having my kids grow up in an environment where 'the teacher' wears a gun on their side. Hmmmm. Slipppery slope, hard to know where the best balance is.

A couple armed guards would have more than prevent this tragedy!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

You must be a very nervous person. Imagine if the teacher went nuts, and stabbed your child with scissors, or decided to do a chainsaw massacre, or just intentionally crashed the bus into oncoming traffic on a schooltrip. You need to trust the teacher, if you are going to give your child to them.

But you shouldn't arm teachers, it would require every single teacher to be trained to be an armed guard, and imagine a school fight, and a teacher pulling a gun. You need armed guards maybe in some schools, but in most cases I think its overkill having even armed guards, school shootings aren't that common, are they?

Very sensible post.

The "pro gun" arm everyone side is as wrong as the "disarm everyone " crowd. Arming every Teacher is just asking for lots and lots and lots of unnecessary trouble- We will have worse violence than we do at the moment. Impulsive people getting ahold of a teachers gun is downright frightening and many Teachers are just not "CCW" material to begin with. (not all- But....)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I almost dont like the names released. None of us need to know this. I understand that some people want this to help them mourn. so more power to that. But me personally, get a bad taste in my mouth from the media releasing the names. It seemed like a segment they were pushing to get you to watch through the commercial break.

But I'll ask again, does this reassure some CT'ers out there who think this thing was faked?

Reassure?
What an odd choice of wording.
Do you mean are we assured of the official story because of this?
In a word. No.

Why are you worried about the viability of the official story?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Yes, but what would those guards do most of the time? Sit around playing cards, waiting for a shooting? You could put a whole army at a school, and it would prevent shootings, but considering that shootings don't happen all the time, I think it would be pointless, imagine how much it would cost to put armed guards at every singe school in America. And then consider how much it would do...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes, but what would those guards do most of the time? Sit around playing cards, waiting for a shooting? You could put a whole army at a school, and it would prevent shootings, but considering that shootings don't happen all the time, I think it would be pointless, imagine how much it would cost to put armed guards at every singe school in America. And then consider how much it would do...

Cost, really? I would rather know my kids are safe vs. fielding a few predator drones anyday of the week!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sure, never distrusted a single teacher that my children had all during their shcool years. They did a great job and I thank them. If however the idea would have been brought up at the school board meeeting one day that they had decided they all needed to start carrying 40 cals. on their side, we would have talked about it. That's all I'm saying. Sound reasonable? I think we agree.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by bknapple32
I almost dont like the names released. None of us need to know this. I understand that some people want this to help them mourn. so more power to that. But me personally, get a bad taste in my mouth from the media releasing the names. It seemed like a segment they were pushing to get you to watch through the commercial break.

But I'll ask again, does this reassure some CT'ers out there who think this thing was faked?

Reassure?
What an odd choice of wording.
Do you mean are we assured of the official story because of this?
In a word. No.

Why are you worried about the viability of the official story?

LOL- What even IS the official story right now.

Been watching from the start (and participating in this thread as it happened)- Listened to the scanners, watched news feeds and then saw some news dissipate and everything change a dozen times. The latest on RT (and another station- I think NBC) they still claim as of this second that his Mother was a Teacher and it was her Classroom. We have the story of the "confrontation" of the 20 year old at an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL with four staff (three now dead) but no Police Report or even a phone call to police that I can find reference to- A new gun has been added... Anyhow...

And I am not even saying this is a conspiracy (although I am leaning that way) but I have NEVER watched something go down like this . Having watched the event live I can honestly say there are lots and lots and lots of questions, doubts and disgust at the media.
edit on 15-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: auto spell put the wrong word in

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why isnt there more people talking about the post on 4chan? If true, then this was not a CIA hoax unless they went to 4chan to get the word out.

This is a serious thing. Talk about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Haven't hung at 4chan in quite a while, back when I did, someone would make a claim like that every single day. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

This actually had its own thread but ATS deleted it for some reason I can't even begin to fathom.

The image was posted, though with the graphic part and profanities blocked out.

Again, really wondering why ATS would want to censor this!?!?

Given the unreliable nature of virtually everything reported so far on this matter?

Why not wait until they can sort it out?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

It was the same thing watching the Holmes shooting unfold in realtime here, and also Loughner. 90% of what was said in the first week was contradictory, and most of it was just plain wrong, supposedly.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Soulece

Haven't hung at 4chan in quite a while, back when I did, someone would make a claim like that every single day. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

THIS

-Pulling hoaxes and pranks and general mayhem and trolling is what 4chan is really about in my experiences...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the surveillance video of Holmes entering, then exiting the movie theater. Now I heard on Fox News, this kid didnt bust the glass on the school doors?? So how did he get in?? Our elementary school has cameras everywhere, so I see no reason why we can't see the surveillance video of this kid entering the school. If this is kept from us too, then I will question this story also...not the victims, the shooter...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yet the person, on wednesday, said Connecticut.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

link?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Cost, really? I would rather know my kids are safe vs. fielding a few predator drones anyday of the week!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

This is getting too offtopic now, but just think about trying to arm every single teacher in America, majority of them probably don't want to be trained, and seriously, I would rather use the money for education, than in arming teachers. Consider the number of school shootings, compared to the number of schools and days in a year, its probably less than 0.01% chance of a shooting happening at any one time.

Originally posted by Soulece
Why isnt there more people talking about the post on 4chan? If true, then this was not a CIA hoax unless they went to 4chan to get the word out.

This is a serious thing. Talk about it.

Apparently its fake... Well, I can't find the original post, only a "screenshot" on a post saying "Real or Fake"...

Also its had its own topic at least twice now, both 404d (why not put in the hoax bin), so yeah, mods don't like it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join